View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:21 pm

Illya, Noin, Payne- Rooftop/Street

Saber followed in Annabelle's wake along the roofs, surveying what would become a new battleground. How many times had he had the privilege to observe what would be before the bloodshed? More than he could count, but it would never get dull. Suddenly the girl was dragged into an alleyway. Rushing down his hand was stayed by some simple words. Saber watched as the Magus used her spell to wink out the man's sanity. and his own life. Aside from the girl's incident with a ill-fortuned fool, Saber felt this day would be dreadfully uneventful.

Saber resumed his roof top, but while the girl walked down one part of the street, Saber detected something on the other side of the street. He zeroed in on two people in particular. A woman being accompanied by a man. Now that, is what I want to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:01 am

Fooly, Illya, Noin - Street

A smile tugged at the corner of Logan's lips as they continued walking down the street. "I've never been a fan of sunglasses myself, but they do have their use during midafternoon in some parts of the world."

For a few moments, they walked in silence, Logan apparently considering her comments. After a short time, he shook his head though. "No, I wouldn't have forgotten a woman like that." He replied with a soft chuckle. "Even a priest would have trouble keeping a woman like that out of his mind after laying eyes on her."

Logan paused, taking a breath to clear his mind. "As long as she doesn't follow us or turn up there again tomorrow, we can probably assume she's not a threat. She could have just been a normal woman that thought I was someone she knew..." The words sounded fake, even to him. Maybe his nerves really were more shot than he'd realized...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 am

Payne, Noin, Fooly - Street

Calisa eyed the man and woman furtively from behind her cup of hot chocolate, beginning to wonder if she'd somehow been mistaken. They acted so naturally together that it seemed impossible for them to be Master and Servant. Certainly, she and Rider had interacted well enough, but from the way Jamie treated his Servant...

And then she could see he was looking in her direction, and she quickly averted her eyes toward a nearby gathering of pingeons and took a nervous swig of the hot chocolate. She winced and made a face as she quickly regretted that move.

Spoiler:

Oh god. Hot. Too hot. Her throat would probably never be the same.

And now she was coughing and spluttering, and people nearby were staring at her with a look of condemnation for daring to break the peace with her physical discomfort.

Smooth, Calisa, smooth.

And now the man and his pretty companion were probably staring too at her like a speciment that had just grown a second head, and her only consolation was that there was no way they could suspect her of anything when she'd just made such a complete and utter fool of herself.

And then came the realization that of how ridiculous comical this all was, and how the expressions of the people around her were probably as cynical as her family's would have been, but that it didn't even matter anymore because for this shining moment she was free. The giggles wouldn't stop, but she was beyond caring. And with the ideas of subterfuge and Masters and Servants gone from her mind, she smiled and tore off a piece of her croissant to toss at the cooing pigeons around her.

--------------------

Annabelle moved purposefully down the street, taking no notice of Saber's sudden interest in the magus across the street. She wasn't a Master; it made no difference to her who was moving about, especially during the day when no one would be fool enough to make a move.

Leaving Saber to his business, she entered the nearby grocer to collect necessities.

--------------------

Jorg - Library

Caster's words might have had some truth to her, but Archer was sure that this particular woman had been a monster from the start. Still, he could admit that he hoped she would not fall from the competition too swiftly. She would make for an interesting competitor.

And then she was leaving, gathering up her books and leaving her tokens of gratitude as though he'd earned them.

"You're most gracious," he said, his tone graciously polite but with the faintest trace of derisive sarcasm. And then she was gone, not into spirit form but vanished entirely from the spot with powerful magic used with terrible casualness.

The atmosphere in the library returned to normal, but Archer continued to ponder the shelves thoughtfully. Yes, Caster would be an interesting one to watch.

But hopefully, at a safe distance.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:59 am

Meira: Berserker (Warehouse)

Berserker watched the area in silence, ignoring the servant who after returning had stepped out to watch the door as he was hidden well enough that he would not raise pointless suspicion. Because of this he was quite happy to follow Meira's request to talk. Reforming in front of her, although out of reach, he replied to her question.

I am, however I have no interest in simply being given my master's hand ofs and I am not the Archer class to be able to act on my own without consequences” his reply was simple and direct with the same controlled tone as ever. “However if my master were to order me to explore then that would be a different matter” With this added sentence Berserker's voice betrayed a hint of desire. After all even a sleepless hero would get bored like any other human.

Also let me assure you that come the first battle you will get to appreciate how fun I am
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:59 am

Kaiserpfalz

Caster's body begins to materialize in a broken underground room in the decayed ruins.

"Now then, the design was like this?"

Caster waves her hand a bit and a piece of furniture begins to form, a shelf, much like the ones in the library. This was impossible, Caster didn't alter another object's form, or even construct something out of material, she just wanted the shelf and it begins to gain form.

"Ahah, good good!"

She laughs triumphantly at the shelf as the books begin to organize themselves in it.

"This so called omnipotent Grail failed to replicate me at full power, but it seems something like this is still possible."

Caster was disappointed, the information she was given was that the Holy Grail was an omnipotent wish granting artifact. However it clearly wasnt omnipotent if it limited Caster's powers, besides, Omnipotent beings don't exist. That or the Grail is bastard that doesn't like her, that wouldn't surprise her either.

"Still, I'm surprised by how limited magic has become, this magecraft thing is a bit silly, haha..."

I guess it was to be expected... Caster silently thinks.

"Oh well...Let's see what the other competitors are doing."

Suddenly the whole floor turns into a series of moving images, like a series of television revealing what is being filmed through cameras. Caster quickly glances through all the information being poured out.

"Those Magus were really stupid, it's like they wanted me to have an easy time."

All these images came from a single source, the bounded field that surrounded the whole city, constantly recording everything that happened inside. But Caster didn't built it, oh no no, this was primitive, sloppy and pathetic compared to her work, but it did the job and it was free of charge. Kind of, she did have to hijack it, but that was easy for her, what could modern Magus do to a Caster from older times?

"Oh~~"

Saber and Lancer are close by, this had potential, yes yes, a battle could come from this, and one of them already noticed the other. Now what were the other distracted with. Oh? A woman, no, a female magus, masterless too.

"Hmmm, I'll keep you under tabs for now."

She said a bit dismissively, she was more interested in the two Servants right now, maybe a little of incentivation was needed? She thinks about the countless spells she could use to cause the fight. However chooses to simply remain watching.

"Must save my mana for now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Meira: Berserker [Ro if he overhears] (Warehouse)
Meira throws her hands in the air, rather annoyed. "Balls. I have a balls-less manservant [u]and a balls-less servant. All I expect is that you answer to me, nothing more. If you want to romp around town, then go do it! If you want to stay and watch for Assassin, then stay and defend! "[/i] She rubs the bridge of her nose, frusterated by the lack of character her two underlings had. "That servant and master team should at least 'know' that 'Shiyan' was disqualified. At this point they're probably trying to stay away from you, since you and Archer are the only ones without a weak spot. So go... do stuff. Make sure to abuse your spirit form. Cause some accidents. I want some havoc in this city." Half orders and half resignation, Meria let the words flow out naturally and carelessly. She was brooding now, for little to no apparant reason. "Guess I'll just lock myself in my storage unit and watch TV like an overprivledged NEET." She's walking away now. Very determined to be in a sour mood.

Last edited by Gedomaru on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Payne, fooly - Street

"Right," Lancer replied, her voice indicating that she didn't buy Logan's story about the magus being just a normal woman.

They kept walking, but suddenly Lancer stopped dead in her tracks. It felt like the hairs were standing on end. She turned slowly in a circle, looking around. "Someone is here." Her voice was smooth and quiet, no alarming tone coloring the words.

Whichever Servant it was, he or she was clearly concealing their presence. It was difficult to get a lock on, but she had a general direction.

Avoiding to look any further towards the other Servant, who by now must know she noticed him. Instead she looked at Logan. "What do you want me to do?"

---------------------------------------------

Kaiserpfalz

Without warning, something changed and his radar detected a presence inside. A smile spread across his lips. "I knew it. I wonder who you are." His curiosity peaked and Jayce was itching to investigate further. The situation was still odd and not reflecting at all what he expected to feel in terms of mana use and security.

Jayce jumped off the castle wall, landing softly on his feet and started walking around the castle, staying outside the wall. His fingertips traced the old moss covered stones.

Before he returned to the more open streets, he called down his familiar, instructing it to keep an eye on the castle. He was curious to know more, but not stupid enough to simply go in. His instructions were recon, not going face to face with them.

One down, four to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Fooly, Noin - Street

Logan paused when Lancer's footsteps ceased at his side and turned back in her direction, raising a questioning eyebrow. Her words told him all he needed to know though. Another Servant... He hadn't anticipated encountering one this quickly, and there was no way of determining which it was without meeting it. Well, it probably wasn't Assassin at least... Otherwise, Lancer probably wouldn't have noticed the presence.

He glanced down the street, which was filled with people going about their daily business. Starting a fight here would be less than ideal, and he didn't want bystanders caught in the crossfire.

"Let's move to somewhere a bit more private..." Logan said slowly. "If it follows us, we'll deal with it, but the fact that we were probably noticed first puts us at a disadvantage in a fight, since we have no way of pinpointing the enemy's location."

Logan's eyes darted over the surrounding area, coming to rest on a path leading down to the river. There would be a shady space under the bridge that crossed over it, and it would give the enemy limited ways to approach, assuming it wasn't Caster, who probably had some secret means of movement...

"There." He muttered, pointing to the path that ran down to the river. "We'll see if it follows us under the bridge, and if not, we can continue along the bank below street level to the Lannister estate."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 am

With her interest on the young Master forgotten, Calisa spent the rest of her breakfast writing up a small itinery for her day in town. It was somewhat ironic to plan out her first day of freedom, but she wasn't used to this level of spontaneity. It was probably better to ease into it.

First on the list was the small white church, looking inviting and yet withdrawn and austere on its lonely spot on the hill. But while the outside was certainly pleasant, it was the inside she found truly breathtaking. The pristine white of the chapel, accentuated by the dark carpet and stained wood pews, left an image of purity and peace. The stained glass murals were lovely and expertly crafted, depicting famous scenes from the Bible. Calisa sat on a pew at the back of the room so she could take it all in. It was very silent, but in a comfortable, peaceful way. The sunlight filtered into the room in an indirect way so that the room seemed to have a hazy, heavenly glow about it. It was truly a lovely sight.

"This isn't a tourist attraction," said a voice abruptly behind her. Calisa turned about, staring up at the tall, well-built blonde man behind her dressed in priest's robes. He seemed to have just returned from the market, carrying bags of supplies. He didn't seem pleased to see her gawking at the room, and she supposed, in retrospect, that she should have at least tried to seem more reverent, or perhaps appear to be asking for heavenly intercession.

"Sorry," Calisa said, smiling apologetically. "I've just never seen the inside of a church before. My father wasn't... of religious persuasion."

That was something of an understatement, but the man hardly needed all the details. Of course, the priest didn't seem particularly interested anyway.

"So... Father," she began, feeling it odd to use that title on someone who looked to be about the same age as her. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Calisa. You're not what I expected from a priest."

From his age to his appearance to his unwelcoming demeanor, he seemed more like a bodyguard than a man of the cloth.

"Did you come to pray or make a confession?" he asked, ignoring her hand and her comment. Calisa looked slightly taken aback.

"Well, no. I just... wanted to see what the church was like," she explained, tugging self-consciously on the end of her scarf.

"Then allow me to show you to the door," he said, taking her arm and lifting her easily off the pew before she knew what was happening.

"You're very rude," she huffed indignantly as he led her to the door. The priest looked unruffled by this, no doubt having heard it more than once. As they reached the threshold, Calisa suddenly pulled up short and shouted, "Sanctuary!"

For the first time, the priest's stern demeanor broke, and he stared at her in baffled amazement.

"When someone cries sanctuary in a church, you can't throw them out!" she exclaimed triumphantly. "I read it in a book."

"This isn't the Middle Ages," the priest said, rolling his eyes exasperatedly. "Now if you'd be so kind."

Sighing, Calisa wiggled out of his grip and walked over to the entrance to leave.

"I still didn't get your name," she said, turning to look at him. He seemed to be debating whether or not to ignore her, but finally answered.

"Raphael," he murmured, looking away. Calisa smiled, rolling the name around on her tongue.

"Like the archangel," she said after a moment. Raphael's eyes snapped to her, as though he were surprised she understood the reference.

"A beautiful name wasted on such a savage barbarian," Calisa said, smirking and ducking out the door. Raphael grimaced at her, but the swinging door cut the sound of her laughter short.

--------------------

Payne, Noin, Fooly - Street

Annabelle returned to the street, holding the bags of goods that she'd purchased from the store. She could sense Saber's interest in the pair across the street, who were now departing.

"Grandfather wouldn't like it," she told him, though she had no intention of attempting to disuade him. Ultimately, it made no difference to her.

"I'm going to head back then. Do what you like," Annabelle added, turning and heading back the way she came.

~Phantom Thief Panther~

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sun May 25, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Meira: Berserker [Ro if he overhears] (Warehouse)

Berserker grinned at Meira's orders, to do what he wanted. He had been telling the truth after all, it was only the threat of losing his source of power that had kept him here though the night and morning. No he could explore the town and find out how the world had changed. Bowing deeply to her departing back he called after her “As your servant I will perform your wish, is there anything else you would like?" before with what ever her response was in his ears he vanished to spirit form and left the warehouse. A red glint in his eyes.

Two hours later Berserker walked out of a large department store in human form. Unarmed he wore a dark blue shirt with jeans tied up with a brown belt, his feet were still in the same boots as ever, after all he hadn't been able to find a cobbler. To wrap this all together he had a long dark coat, almost like a cowboy duster, which would remind Meira and Ro of the coat he had been in earlier.

Cutting a wide sway though the crowded streets with an aura of dread Berserker continued onwards towards the river, looking for one of the “tour guides” he had heard the peasants with cameras talking about to themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:21 am

Payne, fooly - Street

"Mpf," Lancer made a sound that ranged somewhere between disdainful and his lack of faith in her. She followed him anyways when he lead a path down to the river.

They passed under the bridge and continued their way. Finally Lancer spoke. "So, did you notice the magus that left just before we turned around?" She looked back, but so far no one was visibly following them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Illya - Town Hall

Heading for the city center proved to be a good idea. Jayce managed to travel smoothly in the city that was crawling with more magi than usual.

Trying out a few more locations, they all turned out to be failures, so he planned to head to the Town Hall to look at some records. Governments always kept maps and building plans of everything and considering the nature of some Servants and Masters, maybe they favored the underground as a hiding place. After all not everyone liked to be on a silver platter.

Just as he walked towards the courtyard of the Town Hall, he noticed a young woman, a magus, carrying bags of groceries. She was clearly heading for the building. Tilting his head slightly. he stopped. That was odd.

"Those look heavy. Would you like me to help you with that?" he asked, taking a chance. He didn't really want to help her, but he was curious about her reaction. Would a Master really be bold enough to set up shop in the middle of the city?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Noin - River

Logan resisted the urge to glance over his shoulder every few seconds as they made thier way down the path by the river. He couldn't sense the other Servants like Lancer could, but since she hadn't said anything else, he assumed that they weren't being followed.

Over the next rise, he could see the Lannister estate, and Logan was thinking of how best to approach it when Lancer spoke again. "You mean the girl with the groceries?" He responded. "I dismissed her as one of the tourist magi in town to watch the event..."

He stopped short, realizing what he'd just said. "Christ... She could have been with the Servant you sensed." Logan shook his head, not wanting to believe that a child would be involved in this conflict. He couldn't afford to just dismiss that possibility though, not now that they were at war. Until the contest was over, everyone in this city was a potential threat...

"I didn't get a very good look at her." He muttered, looking annoyed. "Rather, I didn't think she was worth remembering." With a sigh, he turned his attention back in Lancer's direction. "Was there something about her that drew your interest, or are you just trying to see if I'm paying attention?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Noin, Payne

Saber watched as the pair walked away. He wanted to go after them, but that is always the point of a trap. For now it would have to be that he stay his impulse, and return to the town hall. It was a shame, a good fight would have picked up the day considerably. Leaving the area Saber followed beside the girl.

Illya

Just outside of the building a man approached them, clearly approaching the girl, and asked if she needed help. "Do you want me to sit out of this one as well or should I have him taste my blade?" Saber asked with a dry tone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Assassin lurked unseen and unfelt, moving swiftly through the city. His time about had been most fruitful, which his Master would no doubt be pleased with.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, there were a few unaccounted magi about in the city, which the Servant felt indicated that the Games had already started with quite a bit of rule-breaking. Not that this bothered Assassin, of course, for playing by the rules never did one like him any good.

One was, no doubt, tied to the Lannisters; Assassin had confirmed as much when he'd stalked the Schloss Eller estate earlier that morning. They might be able to do something with that. The other two had converged on city hall, but as he watched, he couldn't yet confirm their ties or purpose at the building.

His trip to the church after following the Lannister girl had been far more fruitful. Already, it seemed one Master had managed to fall and seek refuge at the church, and Berserker was now free to run rampant - at least, for however long his mana lasted.

Assassin felt sure more of the Masters would follow his lead and stake out the Lannister's estate as a starting point. He'd have to move fast to make it there, but he needed to see how this event between the young man and the young lady worked out first.

--------------------

Noin, Fooly - Town Hall

Annabelle stopped short - not at the feeling of an approaching magus, but at the ludicrous question that he was bothering to ask her. She paused, willing Saber not to act, before turning to look at the man.

"No," she said flatly, turning and heading toward city hall. It was bothersome but necessary to cover herself and make it appear as though she were not staying in the building. So, exhaling briefly as her only sign of annoyance, she headed into the building and went to the desk to retrieve a map of the city before heading out of the building once more, still carrying the bags.

"Saber, is the man still around?" she asked, pausing to gaze at the map without really seeing it.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Payne - River

Once Logan stopped, Lancer sat down on the small wall that framed the river. She crossed her legs and while she waited for him to be done catching up with his thoughts, her hand pulled out a sheet of paper and pencil from her pocket.

Quietly, she began drawing on it. "That's what she looked like," she said and held up a drawing of Annabelle. It wasn't full of details, but covered enough features to allow for easy recognition. "Her power. It stood out," she added to answer his last question.

"The servant is gone, in case you wanted to know. He left," Lancer said after a minute and jumped off the wall, looking towards the Lannister estate.

-------------------------------------------------

Illya, fooly - Town Hall

Clearly she didn't appreciate his offer. Rather brusquely, she declined and stalked into the building. Jayce only stayed around long enough to see her return with a map, leaving again. He didn't buy it. Her walk had been so determined, like she was going somewhere with a purpose, whereas now, it looked like she was almost lost.

Deciding to look around more, he walked around the block to the back of the Town Hall. Leaning against the fence, her performed another mana search. A smile appeared on his face when he felt the traces that still lingered in the air, even from this distance.

Satisfied with the search, he began walking away from the building. He didn't really want to have a run-in with a Servant today.

Sitting on the train, he pulled out his the files he had on the Masters. After flipping through the pictures, he concluded that only one would dare to set up here.

There were still a few crosses on his map that he hadn't checked out, but he thought it best to return to Jacques for now. He began heading back, making sure that no one followed him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Transition - Night

Payne, Noin - Schloss Eller

Calisa slipped into the main mansion on the Lannister estate, sighing with relief when she saw Jamie eating his meal, not commenting on her arrival - or departure. Stashing the evidence of her crimes up in her room, she slipped back into the dining area and seated herself at the table as the servants came in to serve her dinner as well.

"Shouldn't Rider eat as well?" she asked, casting a glance up at Jamie. Her brother snorted contemptuously and did not look up.

"Servants don't need to eat, stupid girl."

Calisa bit her lip and turned away, nothing bothering to mention that she knew that already but thought it would be a sign of good faith. Nevertheless, Rider appeared at the table, smiling at her.

"If the lady wishes it," he said quietly, trying to tread delicately in Jamie's presence. But the magus did not seem to bother or care with the talk of the other people at his table. Pleased, Calisa began to speak in low tones with Rider, discussing their respective days. Apparently, Jamie had really been thorough in grilling his Servant in all capacities, but that still didn't seem to be enough.

"Tonight, we'll test your combat abilities," he informed Rider, pushing away his plate as one of the servants ducked in and tried to slip the dishes away as discreetly as possible. "Don't try to kill them unless you think there's little risk involved. I just want to see how you match up."

Rider nodded gravely in acquiescence, but Calisa could tell that the Servant was excited for the chance to test his mettle.

"The hour is late," Jamie said, observing the night sky through the window. "Go on then."

Rider stood, giving Calisa a fleeting look before taking to spirit form and vanishing.

[OOC: Payne, since you and Noin were staking out the estate, I'll have Rider encounter you guys outside the compound.]

--------------------

Fooly, Jorg - City Hall/Near the Underground

Dowth tried to ignore the feeling of trepidation at the thought of the first night of the Games, knowing that the Servant would sense his weakness. Since Saber wasn't suited to scouting, there would ne no choice but to wander the city if they wanted to find any information on the other teams. It would put them in a vulnerable situation, something Dowth tried to avoid at all costs, but it couldn't be helped.

"Let's go, Saber," he said, casting a glance at his hideout before setting out into the city. As they moved down the streets, a tense atmosphere seemed to suddenly envelop them. Dowth paused at the entrance to the underground, frowning as he stroked his goatee.

"Saber, do you sense the presence of another Servant?" he asked, staring down past the dimly lit stairwell.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Illya- Retropost
"He's gone, for now." answered Saber to Annabelle. There wasn't any doubt as to what the boy's intention was, but Saber didn't really care. That was for his Master to worry about.

Illya, Jorg
Saber didn't say a word as his master ordered him to be ready for action. This is what Saber did best however, face to face confrontation, not observing the field of battle or slinking in the shadows. Since it was so late Saber donned his material form and followed in his master's wake. An open invitation to any lurking about to try their mettle.

When they reached the underground, Dowth had stopped, and Saber followed suit. His Master picking up on what seemed like an enemy Master's lair. Saber nodded "Yes, there is a Servant nearby." Saber glanced around the area, and then at his Master."You're too tense. Don't be that tense until you are in your grave." With that Saber descended down the stairs first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:25 am

Illya, Noin - Lannister estate

Logan had spent most of the afternoon pondering over the girl that Lancer had drawn a picture of, although he hadn't been actively staring at the portrait. Admittedly, Lancer was pretty good at drawing facial features. He'd wondered how she'd acquired that particular skill, but hadn't asked. Maybe it would be a conversation for another time...

Calisa's entry into the estate grounds wasn't unnoticed by Logan, and he frowned when he realized that Lanniser would probably soon know exactly where he and Lancer were using as their base of operations. Then again, Lannister didn't seem like the type to use spies. Logan had taken him as being too prideful for that. Still, it wasn't safe to assume the woman wouldn't tell Lannister about seeing him in town.

With a long sigh, Logan pushed himself to his feet. They'd been overlooking the estate from a nearby rooftop for the longer part of the afternoon, and the sun was just now starting to set. None of the other Masters had come to poke around the Lannister estate, and considering the earlier encounter in town, it was safe to assume that at least Lannister and one other Master were now aware of where to find him. So much for getting a jump on the competition...

"We should probably head back to the flat now..." He rasped, looking at the sun sinking over the horizon. "I don't want to take a direct route, in case we're being followed, and if we wait too much longer, we won't make it back before nightfall."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Berserker - Illya, Payne, Noin (Riverfront to near Schloss Eller)

Berserker looked upwards as he left the building by the river to see the sun setting. Looking around he saw that most the the areas that were free were closing up, as well as a lot of the others. Sighing he decided to head towards the warehouse, in a roundabout way of cause. Returning to spirit form he slipped onto one of the Buses that was heading into the centre of the city.

Getting off to the west of a large park Berserker began to walk northwards though the foliage. His pace little more than a stroll as he considered everything that had taken place in the many years since he had walked the earth. He had been somewhat surprised that his place of summoning was both so far, and close, to where he had called home and that had lead him to consider just how large the earth now was.

Last edited by RyubosJ on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Payne, Illya - Schloss Eller (Lannister)

Lancer nodded and stood up. The time was just right to move, it was getting dark and the streets cleared out. While they were waiting for anyone else to show up, conversation had ceased between them, each of them within their own thoughts.

However, just as she got up, her head snapped up. "Logan, you might want to reconsider leaving," she said and pointed towards the castle. "Lannister's Servant is coming. Alone."

Without turning her head, she directed her next question at Logan. "Do you want me to fight him?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Illya - Library

Jayce knocked on the door and entered Jacques' office. "I found some of the things you were looking for," he announced and placed the map on the desk. "I thought you might want to know them before you plan your next moves."

Pointing at some of the marks on the map, Jayce explained briefly what he found. "I am not sure who is hiding out there, but something just didn't feel right about this place," he said, placing his finger at the park where the Kaiserpfalz was. "I've left a familiar there, but so far no suspicious activity."

"The other place you will find interesting is the Town Hall," he continued his explanation and chuckled. "Someone is actually bold enough to set up shop there. From what you told me about the other Master's it shouldn't take you long to guess who. Plus I'm pretty sure whoever you encounter there won't be Assassin or Berserker. Maybe Caster, but I don't think so. That leaves the other two Knight classes and Rider."

Gesturing at the rest of the map, he shrugged as if he didn't care about the rest. "There's still a few points I will check out. I give the port, the sewers and the deserted industrial park the highest probability."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Illya, Fooly - Underground

In the Underground' station stood a figure, clearly male, young, spiked hair, cloth and bronze armor and spear in hand. His eyes closed, he stood there waiting for something. He questioned what he was doing, definitely he shouldn't be facing other Servants head on without being at his best, but here he was, doing exactly that.

His eyes open as he notices a Servant just above, and now descending. He could list a good amount of bad things that could happen from fighting without being at his best. He sighs in irritation.

"Well now it doesn't matter."

His challenge was answered, and now all he had to do was to focus in fighting the enemy. An old man and knight walk down the stairs. Troublesome, a Saber class, if he is correct, Rider will be facing Lancer, that means only Saber and Archer are left, and with so much armor, it clearly could only be Saber.

"I Servant Rider am glad to see someone accept my challenge. Servant Saber I presume?"

Rider half asks half declares. His lance raised and pointing at Saber.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Noin - Library

Jacques poured over the map, studying the notes that Jayce had made.

"Kaiserpfalz..." he mused, eyes narrowing as he tapped the spot. "I'm wary of making a move there without further motivation. Seems like an excellent place for Caster to set up a territory. As for the town hall..."

The faces of the other Masters flew before his eyes, and he knew only one truly made sense.

"That must be Dowth," he decided, nodding. "He would summon a knight class, I'm sure."

If all this was correct, they had some idea of the lairs of at least the majority of the players in this game. Less prominent magi like the rude young man in the cloak or the silent young man in the suit would be more difficult to find, as they'd be less likely to set up in obvious locations.

"Yes, definitely check those spots," Jacques told his helper, nodding fervently. "I think I'll have Archer move to a good location and see if he spies out any activity on the town."

Archer, who had been in spirit form, materialized for a moment to give the two magi a nod before vanishing once more from the building.

--------------------

Payne, Noin - Schloss Eller

Spoiler:

Before Logan could reply, another Servant materialized before the pair. He was a handsome youth, with dark, spiked hair, cloth and bronze armor. On his face, he wore a look of brash eagerness, and although he carried no weapon in hand, his fierce battle aura suggested that he had no intention of letting them go without a fight.

"Not leaving too soon, I hope?" he asked, smirking. "I've not often had the opportunity to challenge such a lovely opponent."

He raised his fists up, waiting for her to make the first move as his eyes danced in anticipation. It seemed strange, as Logan would no doubt see that this Servants stats were inferior to his own; and yet, Rider seemed to not have any hesitation. Was there some trick afoot?

"Servant Rider," he said, nodding to Lancer. "I'll feel bad knocking you out of the contest this soon, so at least try to make this a memorable battle."

[OOC: Keep in mind, Payne, that Rider's status sheet at the moment does not reflect the modifiers (the gold bars).]

--------------------

Fooly, Jorg - Underground

Dowth's eyes snapped toward his Servant, indignant at the reproach. He had half a mind to to teach his Servant some manners, but Saber was already descending the stairs. Grimacing, the elderly magus followed behind him until they reached the bottom.

Spoiler:

Dowth felt a surge of adrenaline rush through his veins at the sight of another Servant. Now he would witness the power of these greatest of spirits firsthand.

He noted that the other Servant - Rider, apparently - did not have his Master with him. Dowth scanned his mind for who the best match to the Servant would be, based on the attendees of the previous evening's banquet. But those considerations flew out of his mind the moment the Servants released their killing intent.

It was like being smothered, suffocated, utterly crushed beneath a force almost too superior to comprehend. Fighting to regain his breath, he placed an arm against the wall to steady himself as he watched the two Servants face off.

"Go on, Saber," he managed to say in a surprisingly calm voice. "I want the first victory of the Games to be mine."

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:01 am

Illya, Jorg
Saber drank in the air, it was filled to the brim with enmity from Rider. Saber matched it with equal fervor. Saber didn't look back to Dowth, but he nodded to his master's words. He noticed the change in his Master's condition, and he nearly wanted to laugh. Not here, and not now however. "As you wish, Master." Saber replied. He didn't even acknowledge what Rider said until he drew his sword. As it left its sheathe the cold metal glinted off of the artificial candles this era called lamps."You presume correctly." Saber said with a cold flat tone. Cutting all banter aside with a slice of his sword, Saber rushed forward and swung his sword in a flurry, aiming for head, heart, lungs. Anything that would be considered a killing blow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 am

Illya, Noin - Schloss Eller

Logan had immediately snapped to attention when Lancer mentioned the approach of another Servant, but before he could respond, the man in question had already materialized before them.

He clicked his teeth in irritation. Given the man's lack of weapon, Logan could assume he wasn't Saber or Archer. Assassin was definitely out of the question. Before he could continue the train of thought, the man introduced himself as Rider, and Logan had to admit that would be the most accurate.

The man didn't seem intent on making the first move, and for that, Logan was grateful. He hadn't planned to do anything more than scout out the competition tonight. Logan took a step in Lancer's direction, completely closing the distance between them so that he could whisper to her. "Play it safe. Lannister is the lowest target on my list. So, it would be a pity to knock him out of the contest before he has time to take care of some of the others, or at least lure them out for us."

Logan nodded towards another building off to their side. "I'll back off and setup cover for our exit, in the case that he's unwilling to part ways without getting too rowdy. Hold back as much as you can without seeming to. I want him and anyone else watching to consider us as a non-threat for the time being."

There was a loud snap as Logan stepped back, and the ground at his feet was briefly illuminated as he was propelled over the edge of the building. A moment later, just as he disappeared from sight, another snap echoed between the two buildings. Then, there was only silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Lancer..." She responded to the other Servant, almost as if the fact that he'd introduced himself compelled her to follow suit. Her fingers were already wrapped around the shaft of her lance, one hand going over her shoulder and the other behind her back, and she leaned back on it ever so slightly.

She nodded in silent response to Logan's words, but didn't acknowledge them verbally. All of her focus was on the opponent before her, and as Logan leapt from the side of the building, she leaned forward onto the balls of her feet.

"You're implying that I'll find fighting with you to be a challenge?" She asked dismissively.

Lancer's eyes traveled along Rider's muscles for a moment as she weighed her options. "Perhaps you have an edge in strength, but most men lack the wit to use it properly."

The spot where Lancer had been standing cracked away from the force of her acceleration as she launched herself forward, still gripping her lance with both hands. Logan had told her to hold back, but she wasn't sure he really understood what that meant for a Servant. Even fighting with a tenth of their power, a Servant could still easily kill a Magus.

Only two steps away from Rider, Lancer leaned back, driving the butt end of her lance into the roof of the building while she kicked off with one foot, using it as a lever for a swinging kick at Rider's chest before immediately pulling herself back out of his reach again.

Last edited by Payne on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:14 am

Illya, Fooly - Underground

And thus the battle begins, blows going for his head, heart and lungs, all fatal blows, all expected. Rider swiftly blocks all the blows while retaliating with his owns thrusts, with the same verocity as Saber displayed, head, neck, heart, lungs, shoulder, testicles, liver, etc...

"Tch."

Rider narrowly avoids a swing, feeling the pressure he swings his spear sideways, spears have two ways to be used, it's main, the thrust, is an incredibly dificult to pin point attack, but Rider is no Lancer, the mount is his weapon, not a spear, thus these attacks would prove fruitless against Saber. Then there was the second use of the spear, the swing, much easier to see and predict, it's an attack that's meant to force the block, as simply avoiding it becomes complicated without becoming exposed.

However, Rider uses this swing only to back off into the train tracks. Rider takes a breather, Saber was a formidal force, as would be expected of the strongest Class.

"Hmph."

Rider smiles, his blood pomping, he can feel that this battle is going to take awhile to conclude, and Rider can only be happy with that.

"It seems that the Grail doesn't fail to impress."

Rider again just stood there, this time in the subways tracks, waiting for Saber to fight.

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Underground, not underworld, duh >.>)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next