The Grail Games IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 pm

The wind blew steady and crisp to where Archer stood, surveying the two from his high perch. His sharp eyes roved the landscape, feeling the familiar scent of battle on the air.

"It's an active first night," he mused, a smile gracing his lips. "Watch only indeed. Well, it should proving entertaining nonetheless."

--------------------

Fooly, Jorg - Underground

Spoiler:

Dowth stared, transfixed, at the battle between the Servants. The flurry of vicious strikes only lasted a few moments, but it was enough to leave him breathless.

Magnificent. Flawless. Utterly terrifying.

An empty subway car roared past, separating the two Servants momentarily. In that time, Dowth was able to recollect his thoughts.

It was apparent that Saber was the better fighter, but that didn't matter much if Rider's Noble Phantasm proved too powerful. Still, the choice of location was quite unusual - neither Servant would have much freedom to use Noble Phantasms in an enclosed, underground space. Unless...

The subway car passed, and in that opening, the Servants dove together once more, their clash seeming to suck all oxygen from the area.

-----------------

Noin, Payne - Schloss Eller

Spoiler:

Rider laughed at Lancer's words, a wide grin parting his lips as a new excitement twinkled in his eyes.

"Ah, a spirited woman indeed. I'm going to enjoy this."

Lancer's sudden burst of speed was impressive, but her first attack was something of a disappointment. Rider pivoted back, swinging his arm to knock her foot aside before she could pull herself back. But the Servant made no attempt to follow it up, only bringing his arms back up as he frowned slightly.

"I hope you're not underestimating me, Lancer. You'll have to do a bit better than that," he said, slowly beginning to circle around, moving closer inside her range as he did so.

--------------------

Spoiler:

Logan had no sooner moved out of Lancer's sight when sudden flashes of black, deeper than the darkness of night, shot through the air like bullets. One... two... no, six in all, all aimed for vital spots. The attack was all the more surprising because there had been no trace of a presence, no killing intent or sound to give it away - a silent kill of the greatest caliber.

"It was foolish of you to stray from your Servant's side, Master of Lancer," came an amused, clucking voice. "Don't you know there are dangerous things about in the night?

From out of the shadows, a hazy, skull-like face emerged, its expression wickedly delighted, like a malevolent spider that had trapped a succulent fly irresistably in its web.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Blow matched for blow. Counters were woven between both in attempts to gain upperhand. Rider was at a handicap, and Saber knew that. He pressed that advantage, and tried to keep close. Rider moved himself backwards past the train tracks. Saber looked nonchalant as the train passed preventing his attack. As he waited out the train his mind began to work. Saber, fighting the servant class Rider. Riders, known for their noble phantasms, had chosen this location...  "Hah."  he let out that lone laugh as the end of the car passed by. Saber dove in again putting a little more effort into his assault. I need to finish this before he has a chance to call his steed, whatever manner of beast that may be.

Saber did not just try to go for vitals in this barrage. A slash to the head blocked turned into a faint for a glancing blow to Rider's body. He wove in counters to attacks, and tried to force awkward counters from Rider to catch him off balance. A virtuoso could never conduct a musical piece as magnificent as the exchange of  between the two Servants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Illya, Noin - Schloss Eller

Lancer didn't acknowledge Rider's words at all. She didn't have time. As her foot was batted aside, she twisted her upper body in the same direction, using the force of the spin to rip the lance from the roof of the building. It arced through the air towards Rider's face as Lancer's toes touched the ground once more, but Lancer knew it wouldn't connect. She just wanted to push Rider back a step, and if he gave her that step, she would pivot and dive forward, aligning the lance with her forearm and driving the butt end of it into his chest as if it were an extension of her elbow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Logan hadn't already been moving at the moment the daggers appeared, he would have died from them...

As it was, the flash from his Spark Step caused them to momentarily cast a shadow on the wall of the building, alerting him to their presence. Another snap followed immediately as he used the spell again to change direction in midair, and his arms came up to cover his torso, repelling four of the daggers with a metallic crash. One of the others clattered off the wall below him, but the sixth sunk into his hip, causing Logan to grind his teeth in pain as his landing put pressure on it.

With a growl, he reached down and ripped the dagger free. It had been a fairly shallow wound, all things considered, but that didn't stop it from burning when he put his weight on it, and he'd have to deal with the bleeding at some point as well...

As Assassin appeared before him, Logan's teeth curved up in a smile of sorts. Maybe tonight wasn't a total bust after all... Now, if only Lancer wasn't distracted with Lannister's Servant, they could eliminate one of the more dangerous players in the game.

"You don't have to tell me about things that go bump in the night." Logan responded in his eerie, rasping voice as he shifted his weight back and forth, testing his leg. It hurt, but it would hold up for a few minutes at least. "You're talking to one of them."

"I do have to ask though... What did you plan to do when I didn't die the first time?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Illya, Fooly - Underground

As the car passes Saber engages once more, once again showing his prowess as a knight, the barrage of fatal blows resumes without halt, except with a small difference. Yes, now the knight had become more wild, doing both fatal and non-fatal blows. A mistake Rider would make him pay dearly.

Rider blocked prepared to block the incoming fatal blow, only for it to change into non-lethal blow.

"Hah!"

Rider took the blow head on, slashing his body, however with that, a loud 'boon' was created, prana exploded from Rider's arms as a fast thrust straight for the heart was made, the spear and arms oozing with prana augmenting it. Turning Saber's faint against himself, Rider ignores the blow and forces a fatal blow through Saber's barrage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 pm

"Shiyan Fu": Raphael (Chapel)
She couldn't use her magic anymore. There wasn't a reason why, but it was expected. She would never be able to use her magic again. It wasn't odd, it was normal. It wasn't sad, it... just was. She would never have her hand again. That's what upset her. She didn't know why the two missing things were so completely different in acceptance. But she didn't question it. Because Meng Yui was a doll, a computer, a program called Shiyan Fu.

Clang Clang Clang goes the cooking instruments. Pots, pans. Hoo hoo hoo goes the boiling water. Clop Clop Clop goes the knife. It seems the woman was used to her single hand now, enough to cook. That also meant she wasn't in complete despair. She was doing something for her host. Cooking him dinner. She wouldn't have gone outside of course. She wasn't allowed to go outside. Into the pot went leeks and carrots. Juices of a single steak were squeezed out into the pot before it was cut into mincemeat. She had never cooked like this before, but it was something she knew how to do. There was no question as to why this was. It was merely an ignorant woman, allowed to think but not allowed to form opinions. She would be "Shiyan Fu" for a few more days.

Meira: Shiyan Fu (Warehouse)
She sat there, staring. For a good long while, Meira enjoyed the look on her still enemy's face. On her friend's face. She had heard that such a thing was confusing. A friend and an enemy... There were rivals, but Meira did not consider Shiyan a threat. To her, a friend could easily be an enemy. An enemy could easily be a friend. Meira would love to chat with Shiyan, but she knew Shiyan would love to slit the throat of the one who had petrified her. "I suppose talking to myself would just be crazy... but you're not exactly dead, are you? Hearing is about the only thing you can do. ... I guess we should know more about each other, huh? ... Or you should know more about me, anyways. Meira bowed her head, sitting on her bed and holding her sword between her legs. She closed them on her sheathe, comforted in the weapon. Her forehead was leaning on the hilt. She was looking at Shiyan's feet rather than her face. If she looked at that face too long... Meira wouldn't be able to stop herself from taking the one thing Shiyan had left. Still, talking about the past... Meira didn't like the thought of doing that.

"I guess I should start from the beginning? My mother came here... Ah, China. We're not there anymore. Anyways, she went there for love. It was one of the few places where she wouldn't be hunted down, but I don't think she was worried about that. I hear she was pretty good at alteration spells. I'm pretty sure I told you about how I ended up in the Franz group. Mother went in guns a blazing expecting to die, but she and I ended up as merchandise. It took a while to sell her, since she was wanted for running away from her circle of magi. " Meira makes a mock snoring sound. "Boring, right? I'll tell you when my nature first showed. I was four. Pretty ignorant of what my surroundings meant in the world. Everything seemed normal to me. So my father... I guess I should call him that? He did adopt me. Didn't raise me though, I did that myself. Anyways, he was complaining about how someone wouldn't talk. I, ignorant child, said: 'If he doesn't wanna’ talk, then why don't you make it so he can't?' The smile that greeted my suggestion... It was probably more because of me than the idea."

Meira pauses for a few moments. It didn't matter how long she took. Shiyan would be here, the same as always. No judgment, no agreement. "So he brought me in to do it. The bloodied guy strapped to a chair didn't really... It was natural. I had accepted things like that. They gave me a knife, smirking and laughing at me all the while. It was probably a joke to them, a break from the annoying bastard who wouldn't talk. Of course, the chair was too high for me to reach. So I slammed my little body against it over and over. The chair and man finally came down, and the audience was whooping with surprise. I used his shoulder as a perch and tried to pry his mouth open. Of course he wasn't going to open it, and a child couldn't overpower a grown man. So instead I stabbed at his cheeks. The laughter stopped, and people began to become more interested instead of amused. His teeth were in the way, and he definitely wasn't going to unclench them. 'You don't wanna talk right? Let me help.' Silence again. Her grin was... excited. It was a good thing Shiyan couldn't see it. She shouldn't smile while talking about this.

"You know how some people think virgins are the best lovers? ... Ah right, you don't. Anyways, torturing can go the same way. Exploring the person's body. Trying out everything with vigor, never doing it before. Of course I was just a little tiny girl with a knife. The best I could do was wedge the weapon behind his teeth after cutting through his cheeks. I couldn't even saw through his tongue, and his thrashing knocked me off two times. So I decided I needed something else. I asked for a gun. Of course, no one gave me theirs. Not until my 'father' stepped forward and gave me his. It was gleaming silver with ornate golden designs. Of course I had thought about killing him before. My 'father.' But right then... and even now... I've wanted to kill every single person I've met. So I pointed the gun at the guy's bleeding cheek. Fear... it was finally showing up in his eyes. I took the stance I saw people take so many times, and I fired.”  Meira started laughing, laughing at her own stupidity.

"I was sent rolling back. It was a powerful gun. Heck, I even dislocated my shoulder. But even back then, such things were usual. They had done it to make sure I knew what they could do, even when I was a kid. So I soldiered up with tears in my eyes and looked at my work. I could look straight through his cheeks and right at the floor, but his tongue was only cut slightly. I had missed. I grabbed the knife again and climbed his shoulders once more, and he kept yammering about how he would talk. But I knew better. He didn't want to talk. The onlookers were too surprised, too memorized to interfere. With his teeth blown out, I swung the knife down over and over until his tongue came flopping out. The gurgling screams broke the onlookers on to action. They stopped the bleeding, and I was pushed out of the way. Father explained that the man may not have wanted to talk, but he wanted the man to talk. So I suggested that the man write. Smart kid, huh? The man of course seemed unwilling to cooperate now since I had blasted his mouth out. But all it took for him to cave in was me to ask... "

"You don't wanna’ write either, mister?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Payne, Noin - Schloss Eller

Spoiler:

Rider's eyes suddenly narrowed, his mouth curving into a smirk as his opponent's lance arced through the air toward him. It was as though he'd been waiting for just such a moment.

Instead of moving back, Rider dove inside the range of Lancer's spear, tilting his head to the side as the blade sang through the air over his face. She pivoted quickly and drove the butt end of her lance forward with commendable speed, but it was far too late. He was already in range.

Deflecting the speed to shoot past his side, Rider brought his hand down hard on her wrist, hitting the bone with enough force to fracture it. With barely a moment's pause, he then planted his fist hard into her stomach with his right arm, quickly following it up with a blow to her solar plexus with his left that sent her skidding back out of range.

"You should never underestimate an underarmed opponent," he said, shaking his hand out. "Spears and swords aren't the only type of weapons."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Asassin watched with interest as Logan managed to deflect or avoid nearly all his attacks. But it only took one to bring down an opponent, and despite the man's bravado, he and Assassin both knew that he was now on a timer.

"I do have to ask though... What did you plan to do when I didn't die the first time?"

The skull let out a soft chuckle, slithering from out of the darkness like an animated shadow. Cloaked all in black, he hunched on the ground like a mishapen black boulder, an ugly hump prominent on his back. For a silent killer, he seemed to enjoy being out in the open far more as he surveyed his prey with predatory eyes.

"Fufu, well, as they say..." he mused in a low voice, bringing more daggers to hand. "If at first you'd succeed..."

More daggers hurled through the air toward him from the front. But even as they left his hand, Assassin was already skittering along the wall like an agile spider, more daggers soaring toward his targets left. The Servant continued to move, his path taking him closer and closer to Logan.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Berserker - Illya, Payne (Schloss Eller)

Strolling in the gathering dark Berserker was brought up short when he sensed two other servants battling up ahead. Crouching down he began to move forwards slowly, wondering who would be so rash until he sensed enough one. This Servant was on their own and some what closer, guessing that they were working with on of the others Berserker considered taking down the loner. The again learning a little more about the others would also be a good idea.
Sighing he slipped in to the tree line, making himself even harder to see, and began to look around for a weapon. If the other Servant was along then that would mean they would most likely be a ranged fighter, so Caster or Archer, or Assassin taking out a master. Either way going unarmed would be foolish as they would all most likely be able to sense him. Reaching upwards he snapped off a large branch and kicked the smaller of-shoots till it was some what smooth. About the length of his arm his impromptu weapon would be quite useless against most opponents however it would be at the very least make them hesitate. After all only the oldest Heros would have a club, and the older you were the more power you got.
Moving forwards again, this time towards the lone spirit Berserker began to smile, his eyes bright red with anticipation. The hunt was on, and soon he would have the chance to fight, to smash and rend, to rip and shatter, till his lessers bowed at his blood stained boots. Awaiting judgement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Payne, Illya - Schloss Eller

Reacting quickly after Rider's unexpected move inside her range, Lancer narrowly avoided losing grip on her weapon when he hit her wrist. Without hesitating, she pulled back to avoid the brute force of his blow. Skidding a few steps back, she came to halt.

Switching lead hand on her spear, she lifted the corner of her mouth into a small smile. "You think I underestimated you. That's adorable," she asked. If she could stall a few seconds longer, the remaining cracks in her wrist would heal. "I must disappoint you, I never underestimate my opponents."

Without warning, she charged at him again so fast her movements were almost blurring. The lance out front, pointed right at his body, looking for a weak spot while her eyes never wandered off his.

In the last possible moment, just before she reached the range of his fists, Lancer moved to the left, putting her spear in a position that would slice through his body. Then, to follow up her attack, she ducked in anticipation of another one of his punches and kicked at his legs before moving behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Illya, Jorg

It was in an instant. This faint yielded fruit, and Rider went in for his death stroke. Saber anticipated this. In battle swings and bashes speak volumes over words. A man can be judged by how he holds his sword and swings their weapon. Rider was weaker than Saber, strength-wise, it seemed that they had equal speed however. The weak look for chinks in the armor, to wiggle and worm their way to glory. Saber knew he had to expose weakness for Rider to try to finish it. In the boom, Saber relaxed his body while continuing with his sword stroke. Saber turned his glancing blow into a full bodied swipe, and edged his body slightly forcing the thrust to wing him instead of piercing his heart. While his swing came into Rider's body, aimed for his heart.

Saber didn't particularly care at the moment if Rider died from this strike.In truth, he was enjoying this. The games were only just underway, but twice today he was denied an action, and fighting had this way of making every single cell of his body dance. There was such simplicity to it all really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 am

Illya, Noin, Ryu - Schloss Eller

Logan couldn't help but cringe in disgust at the sight of Assassin's warped form. This was a being of pure chaos, an animal of an age long past... Oh, how similar it was to the darkness that lay dormant in his own heart though. Perhaps that's why he feared it so. And also, why he despised it most of all.

"How original..." He rasped as the daggers shot through the air towards him.

The sound of metal on metal rang off the buildings as he batted the first wave of blades aside with his arm, and to the second wave, he raised his hand. Fire licked over his fingertips, instantly consolidating into an orb that shot forward to intercept the blades as it expanded, knocking them off course.

His second defense had been more calculated than the first though. At the heart of the fireball was the dagger that Logan had ripped from his hip. Hidden by the flames, it shot at the approaching Assassin like a razor-sharp bullet.

Logan didn't trust that to finish the Servant though. It would be far too easy, far too convenient...

"Souls burn in endless streams,
A realm composed of mortal screams,
Hellish music to my ears,
Abandon all hope,
ye who enter here."

There was no apparent change in the scene around him. In fact, to the untrained eye, it would appear as if he'd merely muttered the words for his own amusement. What was better was that a Servant wouldn't even notice the immediate effects of what Logan had done. They didn't need to breathe anyway...

He, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky, and after a few more measured breaths, Logan stopped midway through an inhale. His eyes never left Assassin though. He couldn't afford to show his hand yet, but losing track of the Servant would certainly spell his demise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 am

Illya, Fooly - Underground

Rider full out attack bare no fruit, instead it betrayed him. His attack barely winged Saber, and in counter part, Saber's attack gained great momentum and slashed deep without to reach Rider Heart.

"Gah!"

Suddenly an implosion of prana occurs, right after the swing, prana escaped from Rider's body and exploded around him. Taking advantage of the momentum, Rider jumps away into the other side of the station.

Blood dripping from his wounds, Rider breathed heavily as he stood there, it was fatal, yet the Servant was still standing with enough vitality to fight for the whole night.

"Saber you're much stronger than me now, but next time things will MUCH different!"

Rider begins to fade just as a car passes between them and escapes by jumping into the car.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:53 am

Fooly, Jorg - Underground

Dowth gave a start as Saber pulled off a superb strike, and Rider seemed as good as finished. However, the other Servant seemed to have other ideas, and when the next subway passed, he used the distraction to quickly vanish from the place in spirit form.

For a moment, Dowth toyed with the idea of attempting to pursue the fleeing Servant, but thought better of it. He'd given the opposition a taste of his strength; for now, that was enough.

"Well done, Saber," he said, regaining his voice. "Let us return for tonight."

Without waiting for a response from his Servant, Dowth turned and headed back up the stairs, still heady with adrenaline from the fight.

--------------------

Payne, Noin, Ryu - Schloss Eller

Spoiler:

Rider's body tensed as Lancer made for a sudden rush, really putting everything into her speed. Her attack was laughably direct as she charged straight forward, but at the last moment she suddenly stepped left, slashing with the tip of her spear instead of stabbing. It was more instinct than any cognizant response that forced Rider back just in time as the spear snapped at thin air where his neck had been a moment ago.

But Lancer liked to plan one step ahead, and had already maneuvered to avoid a counterattack and strike out at his legs. Rider vaulted overhead, landing just behind her as she passed by him. His body whipped around, and his fist swung through the air like a hurricane, aimed to cave her head in.

At the last possible moment, however, he stopped short, frowning at her. Calmly, he retracted his arm, turning to stare into the distance.

"It seems our duel will have to wait. We have company," he said, his previous enthusiasm gone as the new figure stepped into view. Perhaps it was instinct once again that nudged him to keep closer to Lancer as the lesser of two evils.

[OOC: Ryu, you can bring Berserker in now.]

--------------------

Spoiler:

Assassin chuckled at Logan's spell, amused to think that the magus truly believed such a feeble spell was enough to deal with him. He raised his hand, and seemed to catch the fireball with it, dispersing it instantly. But at that same moment, the dagger hidden within plunged through the center of his palm.

"Giiiih-?!"

It was more surprise than pain that stopped him for a moment to stare at the dagger protruding through his black hand.

"Oh ho! How clever," the Servant mused, perching idly on the wall as he withdrew the dagger and inspected it. "Such work can only come from the mind of a true killer. I commend you, magus."

Tossing the dagger aside, Assassin's aura seemed to narrow, the killing intent now tangible. Having determined the Master as a worthy adversary, he now appeared to have cast aside amusement in favor of more immediate results. Assassin crouched against the wall, muscles tensed, before springing from the surface toward Logan, his black cloak flapping about him as the white skull bore down on his prey like a death sentence.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Logan didn't respond to Assassin's musings. He couldn't afford to waste the oxygen, not yet. The fact that he could now feel Assassin's killing intent in the air around him only confirmed that. There would be no more playing now. He'd made the Servant realize that he wouldn't be easy prey, although he doubted that Assassin really understood how much of a fight he was willing to put up.

As the Servant closed on his position rapidly, Logan reached behind his head and pulled his hood up, leaving only the soft glow of his eyes visible to his opponent.

With a cold smile that Assassin couldn't even see, Logan released the bounded field he'd created some seconds before, letting the oxygen rush back into the vacuum they were standing in.

"Backdraft..."

As he breathed the word, Logan raised his hand towards his mouth, using the last remnants of oxygen in his exhalation to create a flickering wisp of fire on his fingertip. It looked pathetic, barely even more than a spark, but only a second later, the oxygen reached it, and the explosion that followed was magnificent.

The entire block shook from the force of the blast wave that Assassin was diving straight into. Windows shattered on both of the buildings Logan was standing in between, and fire spewed over the rooftops, lighting up the night sky half a second before a loud bang drew audible attention to the explosion as well.

That wouldn't be enough to kill Assassin though, and Logan knew it. He just needed to create a distraction and buy time for a counter-strike. In the back of his mind, he reached out, projecting his voice to his Servant. Lancer! He also gave her a single glimpse of what he'd seen, Assassin's ghostly mask in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Payne, Illya, Ryu - Schloss Eller

When she noticed him disappear from her side, she ducked to avoid his sure to come hit and straightened her lance, prepared to drive it through his throat. However, when he suddenly stopped and she realized why, she instantly stopped her movement. Her spear came to a halt inches from his throat and she straightened up while her eyes wandered towards the direction Berserker would show up.

"Shame, as I was just about to corner you," she said and winked at him. Her expression turned serious again when Berserker came into sight. "I was just getting warmed up"

Just then, not too far away, an explosion ripped through the air and the sky lit up. Lancer's eyes narrowed when she glanced over towards it. This was the direction Logan had gone off too. Without warning, his voice sounded through her mind. Lancer bit her lip. She needed to go. Now.

"Apparently, this guy isn't our only company tonight," she motioned to where the explosion had taken place. "Assassin."

Lancer looked at Rider and cocked her head a little bit. That was was considering working together against Assassin was clear on her face and she raised an eyebrow when she posed her question. "I can see you enjoy this," she said, "How about a real challenge?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:48 pm

"Ng-!"

Assassin's surprise was nearly palpable. The knife trick in the fireball was quite unexpected, but this was a powerful and truly deadly trap that the magus had pulled. The entire area rocked like a small detonation had gone off. Fire and smoke issued forth en masse, and a concussive explosion shattered all glass in the vicinity with a tremendous bang.

....but....

As if being sucked into an irresistable current, the fire seemed to curl in on itself and funnel around Assassin's arm, which seemed to glow red-hot as it absorbed the flames.

In a matter of seconds, the flames had dissipated, as though they'd never existed. Assassin crouched on the ground where he'd landed, his arm still extended. Then, chuckling to himself, he slowly lowered his arm and tucked it out of sight below his cloak.

"You are full of surprises, magus," he hummed interestedly. "But, I'm afraid your flames are no match for an Ifrit."

He titled his head, and although no change was perceptible beneath the mask, it seemed as though his eyes were narrowed analytically at his target.

"Hmm... but it seems that was your limit. If so, there's not much to do but finish things."

He withdrew his hands, armed with several knives, before rushing forward along the ground like a skittering spider. This time, there would be no trick to save him.

--------------------

Rider smirked at Lancer's words - "I like you," he mused - before the nearby explosion diverted his interest. As Lancer mentioned, it seemed quite a few Servants were converging on the area.

"I have to admit, I didn't expect this much activity," Rider mused, cracking his knuckles. "But it is exciting."

Lancer's focus seemed to be on her Master and Asassin, but Rider was far more concerned with the approaching presence of a very strong Servant, no doubt Saber or Berserker.

"No offense, Lancer, but I'm a little more concerned about our safety than your Master's," he said in a low voice as Berserker finally moved into view. Rider's tension definitely mounted; he couldn't guarantee Lancer's help, and he would be lucky to survive an encounter with Berserker while he wasn't at his best.

"If we can drive Berserker off, Assassin will be no match for the two of us," Rider said, casting Lancer a sidelong glance with the hope that she'd accept the offer.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 am

Berserker - Illya, NoIn, Payne (Schloss Eller)

The clash between Rider and Lancer was beginning to annoy Berserker as the two Servant blocked his way to the one on their own. Finally losing patience he stepped out of the shadows just as a large explosion in the direction of the fourth went of. As if it was a signal to stop both Rider and Lancer pulled up short, eyes going to both him and to where the other one was. Staying quite he watched as they traded words once more, letting then get the worry into the front of their minds first.

"If that was Assassin then I will aide you." Berserker called out when he heard Lancer mention the Servant. Meira had mention the night before that the silent killer would be a worry so taking it out now, even if it did make him a little vulnerable to these two would be an excellent trade. "Three verse one is never odds to pass up when attacking a difficult foe." he added, guessing that the other two would no be expecting a trust worthy Berserker.

Lifting up his makeshift club so that it rested on his shoulder he walked forwards, remaining in the clothes he had obtained earlier today as a sign that he was not here to fight them. That he could switch into armour at a moments notice was of cause only a small side not that didn't matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Illya, Noin, Ryu

He'd never expected the attack to kill Assassin, but Logan had at least expected it to blow the Servant backwards and delay his onslaught. The fact that Assassin seemed able to consume copious amounts of fire with his hand was not only a surprise, but also a cruel twist of fate. As a magus who specialized in using fire, this was the worst case scenario...

An Ifrit the Servant had said... That would explain a great many things, and it made Assassin far more threatening than any of the others realized.

Logan's rasping laughter echoed between the buildings as Assassin skittered towards him, and he raised a closed fist into the air, gripping his fingers together tightly. "Are you sure you want to underestimate me a third time?"

Even beneath his hood, the smirk on Logan's face could be heard in his tone of voice. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. A third time? You might not survive it."

It sounded outrageous, even to Logan himself, but considering the two traps he'd already sprung tonight, forcing Assassin to call his bluff was the most intimidating thing Logan could have possibly done in the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Payne, Illya, Ryu - Schloss Eller

Lancer nodded. "I understand," she said and looked at Rider. "But then you must also know, that I cannot share your sentiment."

Her eyes wandered towards Berserker. "If you mean it, then I will honor your request," she said, her voice taking a harder tone. "And not kill you tonight." Motioning towards the rooftop where the explosion had been previously to show him where she was headed.

"It could've been fun to do this with you. Looks like you'll be missing out, Rider," she said to Rider and gave him a smile. And with that she turned around and vanished into thin air…

Suddenly the wind picked up around Logan and Assassin and a split second later, Lancer appeared. She drove her lance towards the ground, causing a shockwave of magic to ripple through the air.

"You're an idiot," she told Logan without looking back towards him. Her eyes were fixed on Assassin. "You," her eyes narrowed and she looked almost angry. "That's just like you, picking on the weak from the shadows. The lowest of the low."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Illya, Noin, Ryu

Logan lowered his arm as Lancer dropped into the street between Assassin and himself, breathing a sigh of relief.

"You're late!" He barked in response to her comment about his intelligence.

There was little need for him to comment on weakness though. All things considered, Logan had done better than he'd expected against one of the Servants. Although, Assassin was hardly a mark to judge the others by once his presence was known.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:54 pm

To Rider's surprise, Berserker seemed to have no intention to battle with them. Instead, his attention, like Lancer's, was focused on Assassin. This was a better scenario than he could have hoped for, and as the two Servants departed to deal with the Silent Killer, Rider breathed a small sigh of relief, looking off into the distance.

"Well, that could have gone badly," he said quietly. "We'll have to be more careful next time."

--------------------

Assassin chuckled to himself at the obvious bluff of Lancer's Master. He had not hesitated to act the first and second time; it stood to reason he wouldn't give any warnings a third time if he really had something planned. No, this time Asassin felt sure that nothing the magus did could obstruct his kill.

Of course, he'd failed to consider the presence of the nearby Servants. Too absorbed in the thrill of certain death, he only narrowly sensed Lancer's arrival and leaped back as she swung her spear, the burst of mana sending him skidding back over several meters.

"You," Lancer said, her eyes narrowed angrily. "That's just like you, picking on the weak from the shadows. The lowest of the low."

Assassin's eyes moved from her to Logan to Berserker, quickly estimating just how low his chances had just dropped. It seemed he had wasted too much time playing with his prey.

"Well," he said with something like an apologetic shrug. "We all have to make due with what we have. Not all of us can be brave, shining knights like you, Lancer."

Slowly, as non-threateningly as possible, Assassin began to slowly scuttle up the wall, watching carefully for any sudden moves. It was unfortunate that he could not kill the Master, but he didn't want the night to end unproductively.

"It seems I've overstayed my welcome. You'll have to forgive me for my... over-enthusiasm. As a token of my remorse, it may interest you to know that the Berserker's Master is in the care of the Church already."

His eyes flickered over to Berserker, and he let out a raspy hum as he considered the Servant.

"Fufu... but you don't seem like a Servant that's about to fade, do you, Mad Dog? Very interesting indeed."

With that, the black cloak seemed to fade into the night, leaving the white skull suspended in midair for a moment before it too vanished.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Payne, Ryu - Schloss Eller

Lancer didn't seem to acknowledge Logan's response and kept her eyes on Assassin. Even after Berserker appeared, they only flickered towards the other Servant for a second.

However, her worries were unfounded, when Assassin decided it was time to retreat. "That's too bad," she muttered when he disappeared. "I really wanted to get rid of him."

His last words had startled her and she turned to face Berserker. "This isn't over but I will stand by my word and leave you alone tonight," she said, cocking her head a little when she looked at his surprisingly sane eyes.

She played over what Assassin had said, not sure if she could trust his words. And even if it was true, how likely was it that Berserker would answer her questions truthfully? No, for now retreat seemed like the best option, even if she disliked it.

Turning around to Logan she gracefully walked past him and headed for the exit of the roof.

"Let's go."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Logan clicked his teeth as Assassin skittered away. He'd hoped to remove the annoying Servant from the contest, since he'd shown himself so openly, but the attention of several other Servants was enough to drive him off without the chance for pursuit.

Actually, the appearance of Berserker was surprising to Logan as well, not to mention Assassin's parting words. If Berserker's Master had already given up the competition, the Servant should fade soon, but his form didn't waver at all. Was it a lie that Assassin had used to escape? Or was there something deeper going on with Berserker's part in the Games?

In whatever case, Lancer seemed prepared to call it a night, and truthfully, he needed to get off his leg long enough to stitch it up as well. Casting one final glance back at Berserker, Logan followed her from the roof. Each step sent a jolt of pain up his side, but he didn't allow himself to limp. Showing weakness here would be like putting blood in the water...

"Making friends?" Logan rasped to Lancer, trying to distract himself from the constant irritation of walking by striking up a conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 am

Schloss Eller

Jaime was waiting in his study for Rider's return. He seemed somewhat agitated, but did not speak until the Servant had first materialized, inclining his head.

"Your performance left something to be desired," he said critically, staring at his Servant with a cold gaze. Rider kept his expression neutral, although it took some effort.

"You knew that to-" he began, but Jamie waved an impatient hand.

"Yes, yes," he replied dismissively. "We did at least get some measure of the other Servants. For now, that's something."

Rider said nothing, so Jamie turned to leave the room.

"Tomorrow, we'll consider chosing our first target. Until then, keep watch over the estate."

The door shut behind him, and Rider had nearly slipped into spirit form when Calisa stuck her head in the room, no doubt having waited to make sure Jamie had left.

"I'm glad to see you're all right," she said, smiling. The Servant smiled back in return, nodding in thanks to her words before vanishing. Calisa lingered for a moment before shutting the door softly and tip-toeing back to her room.

Yes, it was good that Rider had managed to come through the night intact. She would want to get more time to speak with him, even if it was just snatches of conversation at spare moments. And she wasn't quite ready to give up this newfound freedom. With any luck, she'd get to go into town again tomorrow and see what else she could find.

[OOC: Try to wrap up things, guys. I'll shift to day in my next post.]

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:26 am

Payne - Bakery

Once they were a few cross streets away from the roof and Schloss Eller, Lancer slowed down and allowed Logan to catch up.

She shrugged at his question. "With Berserker?" she asked back. "No, I was enlisting his help to save your a**." Her voice still had a hard tone in it and she kept staring straight ahead.

Finally they made it back to the bakery through some detours and Lancer changed back to her normal human appearance. "What were you thinking, Logan?" she finally asked after Logan went to work, stitching up his leg. Her voiced sounded different now, softer and there was a look of concern in her eyes. "Why didn't you call for me sooner?"

With a sigh she sat down and crossed her legs unsure if she even wanted an answer. "When you're done, you should rest. I'll watch over this place." And with that she began to fade slowly as she took her spirit form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Berserker - Illya, NoIn, Payne (Schloss Eller)

Berserker remained silent as Lancer lead him towards Assassin, ignoring Rider who, judging by the slight relaxing as they left, was not a fearless knight; a shame as such were often an easy target. Forming on the other side of the magus who was fighting Assassin, Lancer's Master, he watched as the two Servants bandied words, implying they knew one another from their past. Slipping that useful piece of knowledge away he stayed still, pissed that Lancer's speed had ruined any chance of a sneak attack. Typical knights.

Letting Assassin scuttle away was distasteful and stupid but the spider would be too fast for him on his own and Lancer was clearly unwilling to let her skills show, a sentiment he shared. Still if nothing else he would not let the servant have the final word and with his passing poison Berserker replied with a taunting "Woof". Such that only a fool would not realise that he had marked Assassin as beneath his notice.

Turning he regarded the man who's life had been aided by his decision and bowed his head. In this arena the Heroic Spirit was the Servant and so he acted such. "I'm happy to help, and if the opportunity arises please feel from to ask again." he stated, before bowing again to Lancer. A knight's honour was a useful tool, so easy to predict. Watching the pair leave he turned around and headed back to his master. Remaining in human form, his makeshift weapon now treated like a walking stick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next