Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland

Go down 
+6
Dannytheman1
Silver90
Spiriter
Rin
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Leiv
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 am

Jack
He paused for a moment and starred off into space. He then sighed and turned. Against the temptation of my burning curiosity, I will follow orders and leave Dionysus be. He began walking away towards that wastes. Consider yourselves lucky, you've got a lovely home. I suppose I can always pursue my secondary objective for a while. Just take care of these people for me if you would. Mr Zhi. I do worry.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Faust

As the flame whips came surging forward, Faust backed away as fast as he could while infusing a card with his new energy and once the whips got close enough, toss it towards them, the collision causing an explosion and hopefully destroying them both, which was his main reason for waiting out the whips as he wanted them close to eachother.

"Still better then a pyromaniac", Faust hissed back at winters finally finishing charging up as his forearm and eyes emanated the light blueish glow. He held three cards into his hand which began to glow with the same light as he was, visibly showing that he had infused them with the energy, however there was also a 4th hidden by his palm.

Zack

Ladd would actually throw himself towards the ground, along with the push Mat gave him for his hands to reach the roof faster, hands which he would use a pivot to throw himself towards the side, thus ending up traveling into a diagonal fashion rather then straight towards the grenade. The fact that he wasn't going head on with it and that he was low while the grenade was into the air ment that he would be able to avoid any serious injury from it.

Weren't exorcists supposed to lack pride? Ladd answered Mat's taunt while rolling himself off the roof and tossing a gas grenade at mat, but this time he would held onto the grenade just before the gas would be released before tossing it. As he rolled himself of the roof, ladd grabbed on to the ledge, then proceeded to systematically drop down, level by level based on whatever was nearby, windows,ledges,draining pipes, etc. He was expecting Mat to follow him and would make sure to leave some sort of explosive suprise for him, if he followed.

Zack just chuckled at Rev with his usual psycho smile. "What do you think?" finishing the taunt by leaping of the edge of his building apparently letting himself become an easy target stuck in mid air. While he might of been insane, he was not stupid, Zack would kick of the side of the building with his jack of blades technique and leap towards the next foothold(building,ledge,lamp post,car, ground,etc) where he would instatly use another jack of blades to leap again, effectievly chaining his technique. With each leap he would become a bit faster due not loosing all of the momentum from the previous one as he made his way towards Rev, sometimes even leaping back towards his previous position just to make it near impossible for the exorcist to get a clear shoot at him. While this chained techinque was way more effective in a closed pace like a room where he could shread his opponent with each leap, it wasn't totally useless in a large open space either as it helped him deal with ranged opponents.

If Rev would take his chance and try to gun him down while he blitzed around the surroundings, Zack would draw out his guns for a bit wanting to make him waste his ammo before going in for the kill, if however Rev was more calm and held back, he would just slowly get closer and closer with his jumps trying to taunt him and break his nerves before launching his attack.
Once close enough he would turn his leap into a fiery whirlwind of death by using his dance of blades in conjunction with his ability to ignite the attacks, wanting to shred and burn rev as he flew past.

Vino had apparently drawn the short stick, while everyone else went ahead and found their little battles he had to go clean up the mess. Looking around he saw that his best option was curently to take some of winters playmates, as long as he didn't object, there was afterall some sense of twisted honor even among psychopats as to not steal eachother's prey.

"Feel like sharing some of the fun Winters?" Vino asked as he returned towards the scene, making himself comftarable while leaning against a wall.

Carlos

"Oh great a smartass" thought carlos while rolling his eyes and doing his best to well... not be himself, despite his usuall attitude he knew how to behave properly, he just didn't opt to do it, though this time he had to hold back on his own smartassery since the kids have been looking for their family for 6 months and it was the first real lead they had. While Selene knew that Carlos wouldn't intentionally hinder the kids, she knew that sometimes, about 90% of the time, his mouth... or trigger finger, got the better him so she was curently on "Carlos guard duty" trying to prevent any outbursts from the male lycan that would get them thrown out before they got the information they needed.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:12 pm

"You little..." Ember thought in her head, as she dropped the uzi out of pain. How was she supposed to combat this man? She couldn't do anything and every time she tried something it just blew up in her face or burned her hand in this case. The pain in her right hand was horrible, the burn marks weren't anything that were easy to deal with but thankfully rocks flew into this unknown foe distracting him.

"I've have to move now!"
Ember quickly thought to herself, as she quickly dropped one of her grenades marked with red crucifix that she stole over the months, and rolled it to the other side of Winters and away from Faust. The grenade was a flash bang so even if she couldn't get away the explosion wouldn't be lethal if it hit her.

After unpinning the grenade Ember lunged forward, grabbing one of the pistols she dropped out of her hand, as she quickly spun with her back facing the ground as she fired a fire enchanted shot at the grenade with the destructive power of the shot also splashing onto winters if he didn't move far enough away.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
TheDarkestAnimeFan

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Vela
The room was quiet once more after everyone else had filed out, a silence only filled with Vela's questions. The first was met with a mere wave of the hand, such difference were overlooked these days as the church's influence in the area plummeted. However, Vela's mother stopped what she was doing when she inquired about her father, if only for a moment, a slight crack in a mirror, a ripple in a still pond. "He's your father." It was said without any malice, nor tenderness, and was in fact all the more disturbing by the utter lack of emotion applied to the subject, as if she was talking about the weather not a man. After several silent moments she gave a sigh, realizing her response needed something a little more to get around the issue. "He's doing just fine dear." Then she was back to shuffling papers around, her eyes not taking in any of it anymore. "Vela.." Her mother trailed off for a moment, finally putting the pages down. "Things have changed a lot while you were gone, and no small part of it is how you have changed, but regardless, we should talk. When there were the three factions around our home, life was actually fairly simple. An infinite game of playing one off another, over and over so that they always ran around our home, all thinking they could gain ground on one another and never quite succeeding. We never got envoys in those days, though now they approach our doorstep without announcing themselves. These barons are a simpler task to control, their resources smaller if egos larger, but there is an imbalance. Some are more capable, powerful.. and deadly than others. The issue is, there is a void. There is a massive, invisible force keeping others out effortlessly, perhaps the player with the greatest ambition is unknown to all. And now these tunnels. From every report, everyone I've talked to, every conversation I have heard, it seems that no one in the city knows what exactly is down there. But I have inkling, don't you dear?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Team Maxwell ~ Maxwell – Raven Surge – 

Leiv wrote:

Ghosty
Spoiler:

(OOC: Not using my personal system. Will update/edit, into regular format; when I'll regain access to my Laptop and Data)Fixed Now
 This is a quick draft that I had to type up via my PS3. The edit would most likely not have any major script changes thus if a story update is required then it would be fine to post away.
I will be able to get back onto my Laptop, sometime Saturday.. hopefully

Team M ~ Maxwell – Raven Surge

A few, uncomfortably awkward seconds, past by; though, they felt like moments in which not even a pin drop was heard. Surprisingly so, because it was that, eerily quiet. The enigmatic zone, that which was currently being used for hosting the feast for Maxwell and his friends by one of the Demon Lord, also stated to be a Prince of Hell; the light from the above, floating chandelier, fell upon the motionless faces of the three demon hunters.

The three, hosting poker faces, simply stared at the huge golden figure as he finished greeting them, and then, someone, shattered that soundless, picture perfect image.

"I want it!! I want to do it!!" Raven exclaimed as she gripped the table's edge with both hands, while looking extremely ecstatically towards her friends.

Surge gave her a quick shake of his head, signaling her to not go with whatever her wicked mind was now plotting.

"Oh please!! Come on, let me at it, just a quick one, I promise to stop sucking in time as to not let that piece of lard get all dried out."

Surge's brows, instantly lowered to a scowl as he intensely glared at her. He couldn't relax, even though he noticed that a thick slab of butter was coincidentally placed right next to above, Raven's right hand. Raven, on the other hand, simply ignored her friend's, questioning looks and swerved her head to face the giant demon with such force and intensity that it was a surprise that her head didn't continue to spin about. The only visible woman in the vicinity had drool forming in her open mouth as hunger oozed out from her gaze; her sapphire blue eyes, locked on to the thing sitting at the head of the table. She was purely behaving as how a dog would act upon having a bone dangled in front of it and awaiting the orders from its master to attack it with burning, lustful desires.

As there was a seats distance away from his friend and him, Maxwell used the dragon motif head to hook Raven's leather jacket from her collar as he attempted to reel back the creature that had leaned dangerously close to the Lord of Greed.

"Now now, you know how you get when there is too much sweet stuff in your system."

Low whimpering sounds could be heard escaping from deep within the woman's body, "Uuemm~~" they could have been mistaken with sexually orientated, pleasurable sounds, too.

Trying to save the situation, hopefully, before it got escalated into something which would have gone too deep for them to dig out from, Maxwell finally managed to find the remedy,

"It's okay, I'll let you devour to your heart’s content, later on. But for right now, try to hold onto your appetite and start with something... less tempting." Maxwell smiled as he unhooked his rod upon feeling the woman finally relax back into her seat. He then quickly pushed a bowl, brimming with thick sausages, in front of her, to give the impression that she should start digging into it, instead of the plate of butter; which he immediately moved it away from its place, which was laid next to her unconsciously placed hand.

"Yes yes, lard, butter, all that sweet stuff; it’s not good for you. It builds up in your system and then you complain about it for the rest of the day." Surge sighed in relief as soon as the woman let go of her antics.

Raven grumpily turned towards the long, thick, rolls of meat and picked one up in her hand. Twitching at her lips, for a few seconds; the woman in black, calmly placed the meat back from whence she picked up from, crossing her arms like a spoiled brat, she turned her head upwards and blankly gazed up at the dark ceiling. The area around her suddenly felt like a huge temperature drop just occurred there. The gloom could be sensed seeping away from the brooding being.

"Don't want it anymore; I've lost all of my appetite, humph."

Not letting the current situation fester, Maxwell turned the attention back to their host.

"Kids and their sweet tooth," Maxwell shook his head disapprovingly as he looked at her friend with pity showing in his eyes. "You know how it is; too much of something just gets in the way of one's peaceful living." Maxwell waved his arm over the bountiful table, "When one is in possession of so much wonderful objects, it becomes a chore, deciding upon which one would become your top most favorite. You have everything; you love everything, so which one to choose first? The item or task, which is your least favorite or most? With so much of a variety, how would one decide upon what falls under which?"

Maxwell rested Dragniir on his side while placing his arm on the table. While looking a bit tired out at the sight of all that was laid out on the extravagant table, he let out a sigh; "I could never imagine being in possession of such a treasure trove of physical objects. To me, less is more than enough. The least time that I can take off of someone is also applicable to my taste. Thus I come to the point.” Now, sitting up straight and looking a bit assertive, Maxwell continued, “Why have we been brought here, into the presence of the larger than life being, whose glorious hoardness out shines in pale comparison of those who could only dream of achieving the glutinously astounding supreme levels of supreme."

Maxwell ended with a bow of respect to the creature in-front, hoping that its thick fat filled brain wasn't highly educated enough or had deteriorated to the point as to not be able to have caught on to any of the mixed and or double meanings of his and his friend's words and actions, which may have been deliberate or purely coincidental.

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
TheDarkestAnimeFan

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:19 am

Katarina, Sain
Coyote gave a toothy grin as they hadn't outright refused his proposal and barked (literally) a laugh when Katarina asked about his motivation. "You got a point there but you know what they say about trees and forests." Suddenly a very human coyote with more wild than usual eyes was staring Katarina right in her eyes with his face but a few inches away. "Can you tell me what's down there and why anyone would be curious?" There was a sense of curiosity, but mostly intensity as he paused, silence filling the air around them. Then he was back on his stool, toying around as if nothing had happened. "That's just it. You don't know, I don't know... Nobody.. knows. With the city like it is now, knowing things is more important than ever, and you're telling me no one knows? No one can find out? That's why I'm thinking of sending someone a bit more experienced with dealing in the unknown, you guys did okay considering the world was ending a few months ago." A few people blinked in confusion at that, while the fog had been prevalent it had actually been attributed to the rise of the dead, not Asher, and the events on the yacht were known by few survivors and spread only as rumor. And the world rotated on.
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:44 am

Jasmine

Finally, the human made a decision; the right one, in Jasmine's opinion. As he agreed to leave the domain, Zhi followed after him to the border to make sure Jack really left, the vampire trailing behind them, focusing on dealing with the atmosphere of this fiefdom the best she could. Since she already spent some time there, it was getting a bit easier.

Once the strange pair made sure Jack left, they turned back to inform Dionysus. Jasmine left behind a few of her butterflies to patrol the border and followed Zhi to the central palace. Once they got there, she left it up to the human to report that Jack was eliminated, making sure she was within earshot but not directly in the line of sight of the god.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Katarina

"Actually i'm a little more knowledgeable about what's in those tunnels then some random person, we were there before the boat incident and some oni's attacked us in the middle of coven territory while a shapeshifter had replaced one of the coven members and tried to bury us alive with a bomb upon blowing his cover. That's the reason i asked about information from the coven survivors, they might of also saw or heard about things of a similar nature, apparently whatever is there has been ploting for quite a while or it might just be remanents of Asher's that didn't get the memo about their boss being offed." Kat replied to coyote not minding the confusion their conversation was creating upon those who were within earshot.

Kat would turn her attention to sain while letting coyote process the information she had given him and decided to go with the flow and make fun of him. "Hey stop fantasizing about your city conquest plan and help me decide where we should meet Vela. So shall we meet at the tunnels, new coven domain, i want to go find out if they know anything, or perhaps meet her here so you can show her just how much you "missed" her." All three options had their advantages and dissadvantages but she only really cared about getting Vela here since her brid would really come in handy with the scouting part.

Zhi

The former monk escorted jack telling him he would do his best before returning to the ancient god telling him how jack was no longer in his domain. Zhi would also inform dionysus of Jack's motives for his action if he wished to hear them before leaving and grabbing some more wine on his way out, after all exploring the "neighbourhood" is more fun when you have a drink.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Prayer

Feeling and Hearing the roaring flames headed towards him with his enhanced senses, Prayer reacted quickly, the twelve holy bracelets on his arms flashed, and 12 holy swords materialized, Six of them touched, tip-to-tip in front of him, and began to spin rapidly, Meeting the flames head-on, the center of the swords moved forward, making a cone-shape, and dispelling the flames, then flew back to prayer, who had taken the moment to move away.

He had sent the other six blades at the crazy pyromaniac, which would assault him as his whips were blasted by Faust,Coming from the sides, front, and from above, two from each direction, leaving him little chance to get away from Ember's grenade, should he notice it. Prayer himself rushing out of the dusty veil to where Ember stood, swords floating after him.

[Dust-Man]/Rover

When he saw the giant spider, in a chair, reading lots of books, he looked awed. When it transformed into a man, his jaw probably literally dropped. He stayed like that for a second, then he was distracted by a book that caught his eye and picked it up, and began to read..... Wait, since when was he the reading type anyway? he questioned himself. He then continued reading, absorbed in it's contents. The book was a story about faeries, and their home-land, which seemed to tug at his mind, but yielded strangely nothing. Unknowingly, he put up a longing expression.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Sain

"What?" Sain barked in almost immediate response, as the sound of 'world domination' just didn't sound right at all. But, he was curious about those tunnels that's for sure, but for the time being and this would be a good start to gaining an edge on the other barons.

"Soon as we can preferably, but don't go overboard and just drag her screaming back here."
Sain replied, as he didn't like the idea of getting Vela ticked off to the point that they would have to force her to do everything.

"Ya, but the unknown has a tendency of trying to murder me constantly." Sain muttered with a sigh in response to Coyote's comment, as they were already attacked by something on the way here for god's sake. It wasn't as bad as last time he was sent on a mission but seriously....

Vela

"I should of figured." Vela said with a nervous smile, as she brushed back her hair to further show this. It was a weird feeling but her anxiety was getting the better of her, fear even, the last time she had run towards something unknown she ended up getting turned into a vampire and now there was something even more mysterious lying in wait.

Though, she had actually been down in the tunnels. The whole situation was a blur but she was down there, it was full of some sort of demons and... it didn't sound like something she wanted to get into the mix of, but what else could she do...

"I originally wanted to stop this imbalance as well mom... One of the refugees had died in such a chaotic and brutal display, and I decided to investigate it with a few people." Vela stated, as she thought about that day and the situation the body was in, how burnt it was and the marks of shades feeding on the corpses. It brought chills down her spine, but somehow her mother's presence brought her composure enough to not lose her stance.

"And in the end? I wound up almost being murdered alive by a giant snake and dragged around by a bunch of vampires who turned me." Vela muttered in a mix of hatred and fear, as she looked at her mother addressing her concern.

In the end, Vela was stuck between a rock and a hard place but what else could she do. Eventually those two vampires would find her and invoke that blood pack of theirs and when that happened who knows what could happen to everyone. She never liked either of them, in fact she hated them, but considering that there are unholy abortions walked around there was a chance she could meet that girl again.. the one who had actually helped her from death that day.

"Though I think this gamble is worth it; I know what I saw down there and if we just let is pass who knows what will happen to this place.
" Vela stated in resolve, as she took a final look at her mother buried in paper work. She had certainly grown stronger over these years and it showed.

Vela gave her mother a final wave goodbye as she walked towards the door, the sooner she could get out of here the better...
Back to top Go down
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
TheDarkestAnimeFan

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:57 am

Jasmine,Zhi
Dionysus hadn't moved since the pair had left for his short quest and gave a thoughtful nod to their report of its completion. "Very well. The pacifist's solution keeps someone from having to bother cleaning up a corpse." He took a long draw from a goblet of seemingly infinite capacity, though not a single drop of ruby wine escaped his mouth. "As a reward continue to indulge yourselves in my pleasures, and I welcome you to my realm." He set down the goblet on the arm of his throne and leaned forward for a moment. "I may have further tasks for such capable beings such as yourselves, as I am aware you are not simply a few more peons in the crowd." He said, his eyes traveling across the landscape of drunken, sleeping and sloth-like followers he had accumulated. One got the feeling quite quickly once the haze of pleasure briefly lifted that someone had to be supplying this place in one way or another, even if they were unseen.

Jack
A haze lifted from Jack's senses as he exited Dionysus's domain, and he noticed the guards posted outside seemed just as capable as one would expect, and even more vigilant than those of other baron's. Nearly endless pleasure proved to be a reward that drew many of the most talented in a world such as theirs. The shift was changing as he came out so he was not examined by the switching guard, though this was because their attention was immediately wrenched to a pair of women clothed in black robes, one of them holding a tome in her hands. Their conversation drifted over.
"Dionysus has given his answer. You are not welcome to entreat or trade, that is all." The women simply took a step back and waited for the new guards to take their posts before they stepped back up and asked the new shift the same question. The guards shook their heads, the new ones looking confused. "I don't get it myself, they've been standing here two days, figure they'll starve eventually." And it appeared that may be the only thing that would prevent their purpose as they stood, not resolute, but as if they saw no alternative to completing their task, their eyes and stance devoid of effort beyond their endless repetition of their request.

Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:26 am

Jasmine

Thankfully, though Jasmine never would have admitted having such a feeling, the vampire left the palace after Zhi. The former monk was still infuriatingly nonchalant about everything, but now they at least had a place to stay. As soon as the door closed behind them and they were out in the thin rain again, Jasmine exploded: "What is he thinking about himself?! I'm not some peon to listen to his orders," she raged briefly before realizing the place was getting in her head again. She took a deep breath to calm down and continued with her usual emotionless face:"Anyway, human. Teach me your meditation techniques," she demanded. She was gradually moving towards the outskirts of the fiefdom while they talked, and when she made her request, they should already be out of sight of the last orgies, even though the sound was inescapable. Jasmine sat down on a fallen piece of a pillar, overgrown trees and remains of the arch shielding this little sanctuary from rain. Whether or not Zhi agreed to teach her, she would then roll up on the ground and sleep, leaving the human to his own devices. The butterflies she left on the border would have returned by then and flutter around her, guarding her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:00 am

Zhi

With a simple nod of acknowledgement towards Dionysus, Zhi excused himself from his presence and went off to wander with jasmine, refreshing his drink several times along the way, despite being resistant to the magical aura, that didn't include resistance to temptation that came naturally.

"Someone's in a bad mood, and is that any way to ask for a favor?" Zhi joked with his usual tone but would teach her regardless as it was his original idea to begin with.
"First step, get into a position you find relaxing, it's not really necesary but it helps you focus. Second try to clear your mind of any unnecesary thoughts, try focusing on a specific thing then work your way up or down, depending on your preference. Think about how your chosen thought is apart of something bigger, then picture that apart as something bigger as well and so on. If you want to downscale, just spilt up your thing into compenents, then do the same for the compents as well and so on." This systematic meditation technique seemed like the opposite of the traditional empty mind ones but that was only by people who couldn't see the hole picture. The logical progression, either upwards or downwards would eventually lead one to nothingness while giving them a perspective from a 3rd point of view, thus further detaching them from the world as they should come to realise how pointless it proves in the long run.

While in the middle of meditation Zhi would "accidently" drop his empty cup trying to make as loud a noise as possible to disturb jasmine in order to test her concentration... well that and he found it amusing at the time as the alcohol put him in a more easy going state.
Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Jack
Jack chuckled, "You take care as well sweetheart." Jack took a few steps out from the fiefdom, turned and waved a two finger salute to everyone who could see him. "Adios amigos, I'm off to chase shadows in the dark!" He turned and walked off into the darkness.

The darkness. It surrounded him like cloak as he slipped away from the lights of Dionysus' fiefdom. As his old friend enveloped him, he thought openly to himself. In truth he would miss Dionysus' palace, the cold wine and warm bodies reminded him of the loving embrace of utopia, even if it was little more than a sham. He did have work to do though. The book that rested on his hip contained a few thousand souls; it was his life's work. He could not abandon it for too long to appease a god. Aside from gathering souls, he had another task to take upon himself.

Out in the wastes, there were whispers of people's shadows coming to life and consuming them. From those he had heard the rumor, he had also heard that no-one could seem to draw a pattern out of it. It had piqued his curiosity at the time, and he decided he'd do some investigating once leaving Dionysus' realm. The instinctive part of his mind, continued to scream at him. That once he became involved with such a task, he might never escape it. He knew that whatever this strange phenomena was, it was very dangerous. But things that reached beyond human understanding, as this strange happening currently did, fascinated him. Something that preyed off fear was scary, but something with motives just as dark, but without explanation were chilling to the bone, and he sought to thrust himself into the middle. Nothing was more unsettling than not knowing, so Jack sought to meet the beast face to face.

As his mind drifted into such thoughts the darkness around him became unsettling, his heart began to beat faster, and a chill ran down his spine. He squeezed his fist tight, his eyes opened wide as he trecked through the darkness. To be the predator or the prey, that was the question to be answered, and there would certainly be a long enough trail of bodies along way to keep his other goal satisfied."Fear breeds the most insanity doesn't it?... Oh but I relish to throw my body into the unknown for you, just as you once did for another. Your protections are a blessing, with that I'll throw my body into the depths of all that cannot be perceived or explained..."
Back to top Go down
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
TheDarkestAnimeFan

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:31 pm

The darkness of the city was no small thing to traipse into, and the real shadows hiding in the dark couldn't even be found normally. They simply swallowed up those who came too near. But they gave off a feeling of foreboding, something unnatural, some pure sense of danger that created a wall, people simply didn't go there, for the same reason you didn't throw yourself into the jaws of a beast. But Jack, after several hours, could find the way. The screaming souls in his tome and the magic lingering on his form made him too tasty of a treat for the shadows to pass up when he came pounding at their door, looking for a way in.

Jack had found some of the most intact alleyways left in the city, though they were cramped, dusty, and unnaturally difficult to see in. Even a vampire would have difficulty piercing the smog-like darkness that clung to everything. But two eyes could see just fine. They were slitted, yellow with tiny black dots peeking up from the permanent hunch the figure held. Hands hung down with claws that only barely tried to look human, black and red scarred every inch of the "man's" body, and his head seemed like it had been attached by a demented toymaker with little ceremony. While he had originally been made to seem human, at least at a distance, time and death had a habit of breaking down old enchantments, and the hybrid ghoul now seemed more openly monstrous than ever.

The smell of brimstone hung in the frigid air as the figure stood, emerging from a shadow in the alley as if it were a pool of water that he had been submerged within. A tattered grey cloak still wrapped his form, just as it used to, and on close inspection metal hooks had been burned into his flesh at the base of his neck where seared-over scars lie. "This is a hell of place to wander into, lycan." a cold wind blew through the alleyway, knocking Jack over, and threatened to blow him away with the force of a hurricane as bits of rubble flew past, but then it was over. Harlan hadn't moved, hadn't seemed to notice, in fact he sat down on the ruined fountain that had suddenly appeared as if it had been there all along. Their surroundings had changed, they were outside, though the sky was dark, clouds blocking any stars that might have shown. A dim light seemed to come from everywhere, or perhaps it was merely the darkness allowing itself to be looked through. Jack now stood on a cracked circular stone garden, with a dilapidated fountain sputtering black, inky liquid in the middle and dead, skeletal trees as far as the eye could see beyond them. "Be careful not to get lost." Harlan said simply, as if he were discussing the weather, giving advice to a foolish tourist.
Back to top Go down
Leiv
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Leiv

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:44 am

Chryse. Ray, Carlos, Rover Selena
“Aww my dear little shifter that really is the crux of it all isn’t it. Well it just so happens that I do know something about where your family was ferried off to but the foul and sinister forces. I also know that they are no longer imprisoned by said foul and sinister forces, and are in actuality safe for the time being, relative to the rest of the world that is. You can have your formerly dead friend to thank for that. Now the real important question is where is said formerly dead friend hmmm? “ Anansi paused to think for a moment as if quizzically pondering what he had just said. “There were five men going to church and it started to rain. The four that ran got wet and the one that stood still stayed dry. Your family is located where the 5th man ends up.” Anansi finished with a grin, his eyes gleaming mischievously, all eight of them. “And please put down that book, its an antique”

Zack, Ladd, Vino, Ember, Prayer, Faust
Mathew shrugged at Ladds little barb as he rolled away past the grenade and off the roof. “Weren’t monsters not supposed to run away like chickens?” Mathew sighed and shook his head “Sigh, that was lame.” Matt shook his head a few times, well one running, Revs should be fine, that leaves the Crusic girl and prayer, he thought to himself as he went running off the opposite end of the roof to Ladd.

Revs gave a sigh of resignation as Zack began bouncing off the scenery like a top spun by satan. Calmly keeping his guns ready, there was no point shooting at a target like that, especially with pistols, why waste the ammo, the vampire was going to have to come in close eventually anyway. Just as expected the Vampire slowly closed in and once he was close enough seemed to ignite. Unexpected Revs thought to himself before leaping into the air, using a little telekinetic push to send himself leaping over Zack’s attack the pistols going off in a barrage of bullets at the Vampire passing below him. The holy enchanted ammunition coming down in a sheet along Zack’s projected path beneath him.

“Is it really though?” Winters laughed out. “I mean I get bright lights, explosions and pretty colors you get what? Bad style and a dental plan?” The whips exploded with the the blast of the cards. “Your not too bright are ya Faust, Pyrokinetcs do what?” The whips were gone but with the added flame a massive dragon head was now barreling down on Faust. “Its ok Faust your pretty, well not for long.” Winters finished with a giggle.
The fire enchanted bullet exploded along with the flash bang, comets of bright red flame, shooting past a grinning winters like a front row seat to an infernal meteor shower and the dozens of strems of fire lanced towards prayer and his swords blasting into the holy blades with the accompany eruptions of explosions. “Fire…ME…control…Seriously this is like fighting three legged puppies, actually I feel like you all have too many limbs.” Right then Mathew’s knee planted in Winters’ chest sending him spinning to the ground. “Seriously Mathew this is why you had no friends in school.” Winters sputtered gasping for air, the wind knocked out of him. “Vino my dear little monster, new plan you handle the kiddies I get god boy here.” Winters yelled out a flick off his wrist sending a couple knives hurtling towards Mathew who dodged to the side.

“And you had no friends cause you’re a raving little psyopath” Mathew said coldly in reply. “Ember Faust, Prayer, take out the other monster got this one.”
Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:18 am

Jack allowed his body to go limp, he pushed a small amount of mana into his skin and bones effectively hardening them and neutralizing the damage of the fall.  His cheek buried into the cement (or whatever it was now), he chuckled comically. "Hell?... I've already bought a ticket lovebird, I'm just waiting for a hole punch.". Jack pressed his palms into the ground beneath him and pushed himself back up onto his knees before standing up. "Thanks for the advice friend."

Jack inspected his surroundings and soon raised a brow. "I'm getting de ja vu like mad right now. I could swear I've seen this place before." he turned his gaze over to the goul, thinking nothing much of his morbid appearance. "Hey Jack (refering to Harlan, using the name Jack as a generic placeholder name), I'm looking for killer shadows that pop seemingly out of nowhere and murder people for no explicable reason, did I throw myself down the right rabbit hole here?"
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:27 am

Jasmine

The vampire ignored her companion's teasing and stomped off with a stormy expression. She then listened to the explanation and breathed out slowly while closing her eyes to calm down. First, she had to decide which way to proceed. She pondered this for a while, then opted for downscaling. Considering the situation, it seemed better. She started out with the broad term of temptation and then broke it down and picked out the exact component that tempted her personally, and so on. She was getting the hang of it little by little and when Zhi pulled his stunt, she was almost done. A distant echo of the crash made her twitch visibly, but she didn't emerge from the meditative state. After she was done, she felt much calmer and her desire to snap Zhi's neck was mostly gone. She blinked a few times as she 'woke up', the butterflies who were sitting on her hat spooked by the sudden change and getting back in the air. "Much better," she stated impassively to no one in particular. Then she stood up and stretched. "Don't dare to disturb me, I'm going to sleep now, " she then said as she curled up in a dry spot, covering herself in her cape. The deadly butterflies swarmed around her as she fell asleep, ready to cause whoever approached too close a case of paralysis and a runny nose.

Chrys

The longer the spider god talked, the more confused Chrys was. Her face lit up initially, but then it started to cloud. It was still very easy to read the young lycan. While she was relieved to hear her family was safe, she didn't understand a word of where they were supposed to be. "... What does that mean?" she asked Anansi, though she didn't really expect an answer. "Ray?" she turned to her friend, who shook his head with a sad face. Chrys then looked at the others, namely Carlos and Selena. Rover wouldn't really know anything since he just joined them. It would be obvious that the girl was at a loss. "A formerly dead friend... that could be anyone... most people from the lycan federation are dead...can't you narrow it down for us?" she mused, voicing her thoughts aloud and trying her luck with Anansi again.

Meanwhile, Ray was wrecking his brain to come up with something, without any luck. However, when Chrys turned her attention to the rest of the group momentarily, he took the opportunity to find out about the other thing that was nagging him. "Say... excuse me, sir? What did the girl downstairs mean when she said Chrys was a lady?" he asked hesitantly.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Carlos

"Amazing, you're really trying hard aren't you" Selena gasped in teasingly mocking suprise at Carlos not already having his guns out blazing demanding straight answeres instead of having to listen riddles.

"Funny, now tell me once your done playing games, i'll be over there" Carlos just shruged of the stares and teasing and went to lean against the wall as riddles weren't his thing, as long as it didn't include some for of firearms or basic desires, he had next to zero interest in it. It was something one could find admirable, like some sort of martial artits that dedicated himself to perfecting his technique, so was carlos mostly only interested in his weapons.Seeing Carlos act like that she knew it was pointless to try reasoning with him as he was like a poster boy for stuborness.

"The formerly dead makes me think of someone that was dead then came back to life or maybe... yes someone presumed dead, so that kind of rules out the lycans, well most of them atleast."

Zack

The moment Rev jumped Zack extended his arms towards the rooftop , stabing his claws into it in order to forcefully stop himself while landing in a cat like position. With the help of the momentum he suddenly diverted into the roof, which would of completely shattered his arms if not for his vampiric body, Zack would rip out a piece of the weakened rooftop and flung it over at the now airborne rev and his bullets. The fact that he suddenly stopped along with the short time period before throwing the debris, ment Rev shouldn't really have time to get a clean shot at zack and well if some bullets grazed him, well he had worse before.

The telekinesis was becoming quite annoying for him so it was time to change plans, while normally one would hide himself and try to ambush the target in such a situation, Zack wasn't exactly the stealth type so he would take another direct approach. Now instead of moving around all over the place, he would stand still and wait for Rev to attack him while rubbing the claws against eachother creating a horrid schreching sound which zack liked to believe was a symphony composed from the dying screams of his victims.

LAdd

As Mat didn't follow him, Ladd made his way back to the ground safely thinking upon how to spend his now free time and a strike of genius just hit him as he remembered their truck. Ladd planned to sabotage the truck old school mafia style, ignition triggers a small explosive which uses the cars own fuel to create a much bigger an awesome explosion. Of course Ladd would scout the area for left over exorcists before proceeding with his car bomb plan, if any guards were still around the old explosive dumpster trap would work wonders. Luring the guards into an alleyway/side street, Ladd would sabotage a dumpster making it upon being opened, unless the proper procedure was done first while he himself hid behind the dumpster or nearby. Despite the explosive not being particularly strong, taking it head on with your face would deal would most humans in an instant.

Vino

Since Winters decided to go play with the newcomer, the former 3 playmates were now his and already had an idea about their general powers from the fight with winters. Faust had some sort of strange magic, Prayer controlled a bunch of homing swords and Ember apparently had some sort of fire powers. Now the decision was how to make this game more interesting by choosing who to go after. Each option had their cons and pros but he would ultimately decide upon ember for the sole reason of "it's what evil doers do", all villains kidnapped princesses to force the heroes to come and save them thus making the game fun. As twisted and warped as Vino's mind was for him to actually believe everything was just a game, he was still logical. These people seemed to care about eachother, while the fact that ember was female while most of the others were male ment that they would have a biological predisposition of trying to save her.

While still dealing with Winters previous attack, Vino began chanting his spells and finished before the three would be able to recover completely from the attacks, the end of the chant coming about with the slam of his foot down onto the ground creating a small quake. The quake would spread towards ember's position apparently being centered around her, and make keeping your balance quite difficult in the affected area. Just a bit behind ember, the ground would split and rise forming a slope that in combination with the loss of balance should knock ember right towards his position while also acting as a small barrier to slow down the others.

If the plan worked, Vino would dash straight for Ember while chanting a new spell, aiming to grab hold of her neck and slam her into a wall, relying on his training, physical stats enhanced by vampiric blood and embers on confusion to quickly subdue her. Once he captured her, Vino would just hold her against the wall with a strong grip on her neck, as to prevent her from trying anything, while waiting for the other two to come save her.

Faust

As he was aware of Winters ability, the new flames barring down onto him didn't phase the male exorcist at all and kept tossing infused cards into the flames side to slow them down/divert them while he escaped, he didn't even need to stop them completely, just a small portion so he could escape. Faust was well aware of the fact that his "chaos magic" had next to no defensive capability's as by it's very nature was one of violence and conflict, but despite lacking an elemental advantage, he would still be able to use it to deter attacks with pure magic vs magic, as long as Winters recreated and controlled the flames, he would keep diverting them with his own magic.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
TheDarkestAnimeFan

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:37 am

Katarina, Sain
The vampires found themselves suddenly at the outskirts of the parking lot outside the stadium, the tents they had walked through just a bit earlier now far off in the distance and the diminishing echo of a chuckled phrase: "Well you two figure that out, but I'd get started soon, cause' if I can recommend anything.. its that being down there at night is even worse." Katarina was on her feet a couple yards from Sain, who was doing an impressive job of somehow balancing on his head on top of an old lightpost several yards in the air. Until he became aware of his surroundings and the teleportation wore off.

Vela
There was a pause in the shuffle of paperwork, and someone could have sworn they saw a flash of a sad smile on a mother's face, if only for a moment before the doors closed and then Markov was looming in front of Vela. "Cmon' if you're ready, we don't have time to waste." He gestured forward, inviting her to walk in front, an echo of in-grown caution around a vampire even though he was working with her now. "Ms. Aqil made a wise decision given the outcome, but I don't think it was worth the risk. Sure, we got these guys off our back and out of our realm again for a bit longer, but now we have to play by their rules on this mission. That's never a good thing." The endless and ever-changing hallways swerved and bended, countless doors opened and shut and then suddenly Vela was out in the drizzle once again, a boom of an explosion sounding off in the distance, just another dramatic scene playing out in casually in what was left of the city outside the grasp of a baron. "We head northwest, avoiding alleys but nothing to open either, patrols don't happen anymore and the city is going to be more dangerous than ever." Markov kept his rifle out at his hip and began to stride forward, blending in so well and moving so naturally that it was hard to keep one's eyes from sliding off of him as he went.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Zhi

"Having a snack then going to sleep, what are you a baby?" Zhi retorted back to jasmine before shrugging his shoulders and walking away, letting the vampire rest. Zhi would still wander around the area enjoying the benefits of living under the god of desire's roof but in a moderate fashion, never letting himself be completely overtaken. When jasmine would awake she would be able to find Zhi enjoying a drink with some random people, nothing really out of the ordinary exept that they were all naked and paried up, while the girl next to zhi clung to him quite thightly, leaving no room for second guessing what sort of party happened there.

Katarina

"Helpful as always... and are you done fooling around yet?" Kat sneered sarcastically to nobody in particular and sain for the last bit. Thinking for a few seconds, she guessed it was time to see what vela was up to, thinking up a command, she would order Vela to send a message with her location and what she was up to them trough her bird, effectively using her crow as a carrier pigeon. The designated location would still be close to Coyote's fiefdom so they could escape if need while they waited for the bird, there would also be a don't tell anyone about what she was doing clause attached to the order.

Despite not being anywhere near Vela, Katarina's order would still be effective, Vela feeling as she just had write a message and make the bird deliver it to a semingly random location while hidding the fact that she was doing so from everyone else for no apparent reason. This feeling would be like one of hunger/thirst/sleep, something that wouldn't affect her will, but it would still keep on bugging her till she solved it.
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:23 am

Jasmine

A few hours of sleep did the vampire good. She recovered completely from the effects of this particular fiefdom and the last remains of emotional turmoil that the removal of inhibitors by Dionysus' aura washed out of her system. Now, she could return to her usual persona of a circus artist.

The girl got up and stretched with audible cracking of the joints, dusted off her clothes and set out in search of her human. The butterflies hid back in her hat since now she was awake and could guard herself. The vampire wandered the outskirts of the domain, promoting the magic show she intended to hold in the camp, getting gradually closer to the centre, until she found Zhi in a group of people. They were all naked and sitting around a fire in pairs. One glance was enough information as to how the former monk spent his free time.

A mischievous grin flashed across Jasmine's face before she resumed her act and started fluttering around the group: "Oh my, it seems someone stole your pants, Mr Clown. Now run along, get your make-up and join me back in our spot," at this point she gave him a teasing wink. "We need to prepare for the show... You're all invited, by the way. Just watch out for the announcement," she added, making a meaningful pause in her speech to make it ambiguous and possibly misunderstood by Zhi's company. Then she waited for how it turns out, occasionally beckoning the former monk if he was taking his time.
Back to top Go down
Leiv
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Leiv

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Chrys, Ray, Carlos Selena, Rover
Anansi gave Ray a knowing little weak and then was suddenly a normal sized spider crawling up a nearby web. His voice seemed to reverberate through the web filled stacks and piles of books. “Answer the riddle and you find the location, find the location and you get those answers and more questions. You are all welcome to stay for as long as you like. The women at the desk will tell you if yo get the riddle right, but only get three guesses.” And just like that the spider was gone.

Demon dinner party
Mammon gave a slight grin at Raven’s behavior, but otherwise seemed to ignore it as he ripped off the leg of a roasted turkey and ripped away at it with his small pointed teeth some of the grease running down his flabby chin. He let them all finish speaking seemingly unobservant as he tore away at the oversized turkey leg. “You know I’m old.” The great demon said seemingly out of the blue his voice nonchalant. “I was in the palace when Midas turned his daughter to gold, and I was there when Caligula ignored the empire to indulge in his pleasure palace, the needy darling.” He paused to down a bottle of wine in several deep gulps a little trickling down the corner of his mouth. “So when a child plays double speak with me you could certainly understand just how obnoxious I find it.” He slight gurgle in his voice become more of a growl. “Tell the ***** there that if she moves she will be dead before her ass leaves the seat.” Mammon growled shooting a bloodshot eye form Maxwell to Raven. “I understand it was one of you children that took out the previous demon which had claimed this island, and the effort was nearly enough to end you in the process, and still you have the audacity to play uppity with me.” Mammon was still eating having polished off a place of wild mushroom risotto and moving on mince pie.

“What I want is to avoid the effort of swatting away the flies.”

OOC: need danny and spirit to post for the exorcist update.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Ember

“Son of a… that guy didn’t even get blinded?” Ember muttered in spite, as she already wasted one of her flashbangs that didn’t even do anything. Though, she couldn’t stop now, she needed to keep moving to get an opening on this guy.

Ember quickly channeled holy power into her bullets into her bullets, as she dashed towards a nearby building to get some cover for the time being from the fire since she was fortunate enough that the crazed man hadn’t launched a fire based attack at her… Prayer and Faust could handle themselves.

“I understand.” Ember replied to the convenient timing of the help, as she quickly spotted the vampire that was lurking in the darkness with some bizarre smile on his face.

Suddenly, the ground began to erupt below Ember like a volcano was about to blow up from beneath her. Her feet were wobbly and it felt like she was going to fall over if this kept up, so she quickly used the moment from her dash to launch herself forward in a lunge landing on her stomach away from the attack that would have caused her to fall into the man.

“What the hell is he doing?” Ember muttered in confusion at the unorthodox based attack, as she quickly pulled her back onto her feet and fired a few holy shots at the man that was aimed at his gut.
Running into a building would be dangerous for her with powers like that, but without cover Ember wouldn’t be able to catch him off guard as easily.

“Hey Faust, suggestions?”
Ember quickly said in his direction.

Sain

Sain’s curious expression quickly turned into face completely void of emotion, as he fell off onto the ground and slowly got back up onto his feet with him brushing off the dirt quietly and without saying a word for a few moments.

“What do you expect me to do?”
Sain muttered with a sigh. They would be heading for the tunnels now and night would be coming soon, but without Vela there would be difficulty doing much.

“I have sort of a link with her, so I can at least tell when that bird of hers is nearing us and draw it to us.”
Sain shrug, as he waited for Vela to give off a signal with the bird so they could make their way towards its direction.

Vela

“Avoiding people shouldn't be hard.”
Vela said to the man, as she look at Radiant, but before she could do anything with the raven a feeling of desire soon washed over her that started eating away at her stomach like an itch that wouldn’t go avoid.

Vela quickly kneeled down to the ground, not so much from the pain, but because she couldn’t believe this feeling was already happening so soon… it was those two bastards of vampires.

Vela quickly grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down the note of her location and where she was going to get rid of the feeling. She wanted to tell the person with her, but for some reason this pact also bound her from doing that. She might as well give them her location though, who knows what would happen if she disobeyed someone like her.

“Never mind, let’s get going.”
Vela muttered rather annoyed, as she tried her best to stay hidden as well, following Markov.
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:59 am

Chrys

Anansi didn't answer Ray; instead, he transformed and gave out more rules for gaining information from him. Ray turned back to the rest of the group just as Selena narrowed down the possible 'friends' from the riddle. He furrowed his brows and said slightly against his own will: "What about that gauntlet guy? ...Fenix, I think. We never found him after that explosion either. His hesitation was rooted in the fact he saw Fenix as a rival, making him unwilling to describe the boy as a friend - but Fenix did sacrifice himself to save them all... That, and there wasn't really anyone else who it could be. Most other people they met were outright enemies, or didn't die.

Chrys was more focused on the riddle itself than the identity of this friend. Why do people go to church?  She didn't know from experience, since the lycans lived wildly in the nature, so now she was wrecking her brain to dig up the half-forgotten lessons she was taught by her family. Praying? Wedding? Funeral? It was very confusing for a simple creature as herself. But in which case would there be a man that stands still while walking? Wait... there was rain wasn't there? To stay dry while walking in the rain, there would need to be somesort of portable roof... It was then that an image flashed through her mind. Humans used to bury their dead in the boxes, didn't they. And and! Where does the dead person end up? A cemetery? A crypt? Basically, some place underground. Being completely oblivious of what the others were doing while she thought, she now raised her head and looked at them: "Where do dead people end up?" This might seem a bit out of the blue for the rest of rhe group, but if they thought about it, they should be able to figure out her thought process. Sometimes it was helpful to bear down on a problem straightforwardly and break it literally into pieces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 4 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next