Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back

Go down 
+7
Leiv
Dannytheman1
madarrao
RyubosJ
Shadow-Heart
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:45 pm

That's such a waste of money. Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 2332200876

Orange Wednesday?

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:10 pm

2 for one tickets so it's only costing me £6 and then another 6 to get to town and back so it's actually very cheep
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Ah, I see.

So, how's the rp planning going then?

Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:48 pm

okay, just the plot and the two to three NPCs left.

I have a vague out line but I need it written down so that it's usable
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:00 pm

I was going to say, how could you make NPCs without plot lol. Well, let me know if you need any help.

Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:04 pm

well it's simple, make them, think up the plot, make ones that you will use.

sure Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 442579085
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Well, I think up the plot, then add the characters. There are times when I'll make a character and then adjust the plot to incorporate them, but usually it's not too extreme.

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well, I think up the plot, then add the characters. There are times when I'll make a character and then adjust the plot to incorporate them, but usually it's not too extreme.

my characters are usually incorporated into the plot, and are thus made at the same time AS the plot. (well, their roles and abilities and personalities anyway, the appearance and names, those I do later~)
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Well yeah, that's kind of what I meant, Spirit.

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:14 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well yeah, that's kind of what I meant, Spirit.

I shee O:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I was going to say, how could you make NPCs without plot lol. Well, let me know if you need any help.

Because plots are heavily character based so you gotta think up the characters first

'tswhat I do
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Yes, the characters tend to flesh out the story, but they're only as important as the context in which they are placed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Except most of the time people care about character development and not the actual plot.

We're not talkin about RPs right?

Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 2332200876
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 pm

most plots are nonexistant.

for example. Fate/Stay Night, there's no plot in it, it's just a battle royal between characters. However the characters have so much depth that they end making a plot just by interacting with each other.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:45 pm

That's not true. A lot of plots may be shallow, overdone, or just not good, but every story - whether book, movie, or game - has a plot.

Of course there's a plot. >.> Even if it may seem chaotic, it's still there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
That's not true. A lot of plots may be shallow, overdone, or just not good, but every story - whether book, movie, or game - has a plot.

of course there's a plot, stories without plot dont exist. but it's a plot that completly constructed by its characters, and not a plot that needs characters to fit in it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes, and no. You could say that's mostly true with Fate and UBW. But Heaven's Feel requires a lot of depth and background to make it work.

Besides, a plot should never need characters just to fill it, nor should a plot come about just from characters. There should be equal influence where the main plot (or concept) creates the characters, and the characters in turn bring more plot to flesh it out and bring depth to the story.

Back to top Go down
Leiv
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Leiv

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:13 pm

This just in this just in PRisma eats the souls of children, REad all about it Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 442579085
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 pm

the very fact that you just spoke of three differant branches of a story, all of which are dependent of character actions to happen and not another outside power or event. The very fact that the story can end in the main character dead early on because of a bad choice, shows how much the plot is dependent on the characters. The backstories and depths of heaven's feel come from the characters themselves.

the setting is not a plot illya, it's just a stage where the actors play :V

also you are wrong, the more a plot is dependent on the characters the better, the better. You should try out The Stanley Parable for this example. It is one of the most interesting expieriences to have ever come out in a game. I really have no way to explain it well, it's one of those that you'll only understand it you "play" it.

anyway, the more dependent a plot is of its characters, the more realistic it feels, the more in touch and absorbed the people feel towards it, this it because it gives the people reading/watching a false sense of confusion, they kinda know whats going to happen from normal stereotipical stories, but since everything feels natural from the characters they feel that anything, even a minimal actions can change the road of the story. Kinda like real life, a living plot that is fueled by everybody's actions every second.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Of course it should be dependent on characters. Characters fuel every event and emotion that goes on. I don't think you're quite getting what I'm saying here. You need an initial concept to work with before you can make a character. Like -

A Hobbit finds a magic ring which he must go on a quest to destroy.

Now, that plot is the backbone of the story, but the character of the hobbit and his struggles, as well as the characters with which he interacts, make up the main bulk of the story and give it the flavor.

However, none of that stuff is relevant without the backbone to build on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Of course it should be dependent on characters. Characters fuel every event and emotion that goes on. I don't think you're quite getting what I'm saying here. You need an initial concept to work with before you can make a character. Like -

A Hobbit finds a magic ring which he must go on a quest to destroy.

Now, that plot is the backbone of the story, but the character of the hobbit and his struggles, as well as the characters with which he interacts, make up the main bulk of the story and give it the flavor.

However, none of that stuff is relevant without the backbone to build on.

oh that, isnt that the usual?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Well yeah, that's what I was saying. Gedo and Spirit were implying that they simply make characters with no context, and then build a story around the character to give them relevance, which I was saying is unusual.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 pm

well illya, they might believe that they make them without context, but as it stands, it is mentally and physicly impossible to create something intentionally without context.

even if they made them without a world or story in mind, context can be all sorts of things such as past expiriences, what your feeling right now, what you saw a minute ago, among many other things

and when you make a character around these unconscience context, you end also thinking about the story around them at the same time, as again, it's all coming out through something that you are feeling at the moment
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Have you seen Gedo's characters? They never have any particular universe context, so he just adapts them to whatever rp he enters. He just makes crazy people with powers he finds cool or interesting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Indeed I do

Prisma*Illya wrote:

Yes but I'm saying characters>plot in terms of a story's development

So it's better to come up with a general idea of the characters and their relationships before plotting

Last edited by Gedomaru on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back   Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back - Page 14 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 5: The Emprisma Strikes Back
Page 14 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next