Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Role Playing Hotel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Welcome to the Role Playing Hotel where every day we give you readers a character and scenario before letting your imagination, and pens, go wild.

You will be given 48 hours to write your version of the events. Then you may have it critiqued, compared and examined by fellow members of the community.

This is your opportunity to improve, experiment and develop your Role Playing skills with out all that extra hassle of avoiding death by Leiv or whippings by Illya.

Our first scenario will become available starting today. Additionally, please feel free to talk about this idea over in the Chat Thread.

Last edited by RyubosJ on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Scenario Prompt (1): You are a reject of society by one means or another. Describe how this came to be (was it your family? Are you an alien? Is your face as ugly as Gedo's soul?) and your place in the society. ('Society' does not mean modern. Feel free to use fantasy, sci-fi, or medieval, etc.)

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Answer(?)

I see things differently than others, I hear things that people tends to ignore and I feel things people cannot feel. Why? Was I born different from others? Was I made it to be different than others?

My family, my people and my society had turned their backs on me; now, I find myself in the forest that no one dares to look for a living soul. The forest of the death, the forest that I call home.

The forest shows me that I have power that my kind doesn't have, the forest shows me that I see things differently than others and the forest shows me that I can feel something that people had been neglecting to feel, or listen.

I hear voices, and I can feel it.

The voice of something that is not good for my kind; the voice that is full with hatred is coming closer, and closer... to the world that had chased me away.

Should I return to my kind to warn them, or should I stay here, my only home?

The weapons, the machines and the strategy that my kind have now won't work against them, but my I know my power can help them to fight them back..

What should I do? What is the right thing to do? Should I let the voice devour my kind so that I can finally have my justice, or should I forgive them and come out from the shadow to help them?

===============================================================

I don't know if this is right format, but I hope to get some feed back Role Playing Hotel 4134108735
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:58 am

Scenario Prompt (2): You are a young boy/girl (about 6-8 years old) lost in a HUUUUUUUUGE open air market. Make sure to describe the stalls as well as how you feel.

Role Playing Hotel 280399803
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:03 am

Very good, actually, Nex. I think you're very skilled at internal reflection. You just get a little convoluted in your battle posts. :P

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Thank you, Illya Role Playing Hotel 4134108735

I am not doing a good job in battle scene that's for sure Role Playing Hotel 621929346

When I come back, I will make sure I would do better job than now Role Playing Hotel 142249227

And Ryu, for you : o
=======================================================

Market in the District 17

"Mom...?" I cried, but I couldn't hear the gentle voice that made me feel safe. "Mom? Mom? Where are you?" I shouted again, but then I couldn't be sure because of other people were shouting too.

"Come on, folks! You can only get this beautiful machine in this shop!"

I was startled by the giant man, then again I looked around. Everyone else, except me, were giants, like my mom.

"Mom...where are you?"

I'm sure I said that, but my voice, I couldn't hear my voice. It was then I bumped into something, something hard and big, yet soft. I turned around, and I found that it was giant's leg, he looked down and his eyes met mine. This giant had well groomed mustache, but his head was shining like a pebble I use to throw at the pond. "Huh?" He said, then he smiled, "Hey, little fellow! You want to take a look at my toy shop?" I shook my head, "I want to find my mom..." The mustache giant's smile disappeared; the round face started to have lines, here and there. "Then go, go and find your mommy" his hand gesture definitely wanted me to go away; I saw my dad doing it to other kids who had no money.

I slowly walked away from the mustache giant and his stall; his stall had many things. It had wooden horse that next door kid plays and it also had a long sword that is long as my leg. I started to imagine what I can do with that sword; however, that dream didn't last long. The dream shattered as I bumped into something harder than the mustache giant. But it shook, and something drop on my head. It did not drop hard, but it was painful enough for me to flinch. I picked it up from the ground, it was an apple, "Apple?" I said, then the giant lady shouted in anger. "Hey, you! what are you doing with my apple!?" I shook my head, "Nothing, I really didn't do anything." The giant lady gave me a look that once my aunt gave me; she didn't believe me.

I quickly dropped the apple and run, closing my eyes, I wanted everything to be a dream; I wanted to get out from here.

How long was I running? How far was I from that lady giant?

I panted, I felt like I was dying, I opened my eyes and looked around my surroundings. I was still there, I was still with the giants. And none of them looked like my mother. "Mom! Where are you!?" I shouted loud as possible, but my voice, once again, submerged as the one giant man shouted about the fish. "Come and see! Come and see! Come and see these fish!...." my eyes could only see giants, giants and giants. My mom was one of them, but there were too many giants and I couldn't find mom among them.

Alas, I couldn't hold on to my tears, I couldn't help it, but to release my one final cry.
"Mom! where are you!" I let my tears to drop and I release my hideous cry. Soon every giants looked at me, but I didn't care. I couldn't stop crying; everything look so blur...
Then a voice, the gentle voice I have been waiting for finally call my name. "Jace! Jace! Jace!?"

================================================

I don't know if you wanted me to end the story as well, but I think in this case of scenario it's better you give me what kind of boy/girl it should be. Like is it curious nature boy/girl or brave boy/girl or mama's boy/girl and etc.... (Or not and let author decide what kind of boy/girl should be, like what you did here... )

Anyway, Ryu, that's from me, do give me some critic

Last edited by Nexius on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Once again, looks very good. I really think your only weakness is battle seasons, mostly cause you try to predict every possible move.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:10 pm

I added little more details again, and thank you for the compliment. And yes, I think I do that often in my battle posts which ends up being a bad thing for my character... I really think I should write in the way of improvising...

Anyways I am really looking forward to see another scenario Role Playing Hotel 4134108735
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 am

Scenario Prompt (3): Welcome to the underbelly of a large space station, filled with the undersirables everything is cramped, greasy and hot. You are an informant heading home when attacked by 5 men, all of whom are clearly out to kill.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 am

RyubosJ wrote:
Scenario Prompt (3): Welcome to the underbelly of a large space station, filled with the undersirables everything is cramped, greasy and hot. You are an informant heading home when attacked by 5 men, all of whom are clearly out to kill.
"So, what should I have first? Steak or Roast Turkey?" 

Jim's mouth watered as images of cooked meals circled around in his mind.

"No no no!! I'll stick to the Sushi flavoured Cup Noodles over the real fish." Jim shook his head to clear out any thoughts of going for the expensive dishes.

Looking about himself, Jim searched for the mental markers he had placed around in his head. Spotting the flashing neon sign of the winged boar, the man with the dark suede overcoat, quickened his pace in the direction of the Hotel. With every step, something jingled in the side pocket where his left hand was tucked in.

"Aaaah" the man sighed as he pushed through the heavy crowd.

"You need to calm down Jimmy, act like any other average citizen who is going about their nightly life." the excited man told himself as he picked up and tightly gripped the soft pouch lying deep inside the coats left side pocket to minimize the chiming sound.

Jim stopped right in front of the metal doors that would lead him inside one of the most expensive places in this part of the SpaceStaion's locale. But then again there weren't that many of an option to pick from, considering that he was in the most run-down sector of the different areas in the large SpaceStation that he worked in.

Jim was marvelling at the intricate angel wings pattern which were laser etched into the steel door when suddenly he felt something dig into his back. A sharp poke and then a whisper from the back of his ears.

"Don't be stupid now. Just keep walking and it'll be over soon." a man's voice whispered to him as a firm grasp on his right shoulder forced Jim to grind his teeth in pain.

Jim tried to twist his head around in hope to catch a glance of his assailant but then he felt another quick jab at his left side.

"I would listen to us; if you value your life." The sound of the second man and his knife pushing into the cheap leather coat really made Jim realize that his life really may be in danger.

The first man pushed Jim, to turn away from the Silver door with the Green laser design, which was the Winged Boar Hotel's entrance. Jim thought it was in his best interest to quietly comply with the two men behind him.

It did not take the three men that long to get to their destination. After all it was the side alley next to the Winged Boar. 

"Over here, quick!!" a third man, wearing a large black overcoat which covered his entire body, stepped out in front of the party of three, from behind the raised stairs that led into the side entrance of the Hotel, though it was mostly used as an emergency exit.

At first glance, Jim thought something was off with the face of this new person. Maybe it was due to the shadows cast over the spot from the flickering lamp, positioned over the side door, but when he finally reached the man, Jim found out that the reason why the light reflecting off the man's face was so peculiar; it was because he was wearing a porcelain mask.

"Does he have it on him?" the masked man asked the the two behind Jim.

"Have what!? I don't have anything on me. I'm just an average citizen going about my business. You clearly have the wrong guy!" Jim fired away the cliché sentences.

"Don't act all innocent Jim." the first man said as he pushed the scared guy into the protruding wall of the stairs, which levelled all the way above Jim's head.

"Yeah, we all know about your secret dealings." the second man stated as he brought his shiv closer to Jim's neck.

All three men were wearing porcelain masks, though the earlier two had hoods hung over their forehead to further hide the otherwise obvious fake faces. Suddenly from overhead, Jim heard a click, followed by a creaking sound. The steel door was pushed outwards from the inside and quick footsteps echoed into the narrow alley. Jim slowly tilted his neck back to see the source of the new sounds which emitted from above him.

Looking down was another man shrouded in darkness. His face was indistinguishable due to the fact that the light-bulb above was the only light source present in the alley and the man was bending down in a way that blocked any light from hitting his front. He too was wearing an overcoat but by squinting his eyes, Jim noticed that the man might be wearing a business suit underneath.

"Jim, my friend. So good to see you again." The looming 5"8' figure of the man snickered. His voice, somehow felt familiar to Jim's ears.

"Did you search him yet!?" another man barked as he reached the bottom of the stairs and stopped next to his acquaintances.

The first man that Jim spotted who wasn't hiding behind a mask stepping into the light. Suddenly all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place and Jim's eyes widened in fear.

"Mr. Rio !! I can explain everything!!" Jim stuttered as he looked back up at the man standing at the stairs, failing to keep his calm.

Suddenly one of the men that were pushing him against the wall, painfully grabbed onto Jim's left hand and pulled it out from within his coat's pocket.

"Noo~!!" Jim shouted but was instantly muffled as the other man clasped his hand over Jim's mouth.

"Quiet You!!" He hoarsely whispered. "Don't make me use my blade." he continued as he twirled the sharp knife in front of the whimpering man's eyes. 

Jim nodded in compliance and in the next instance had the brown pouch yanked away from his left hand.

"Check them." said Mr. Rio's right hand man; whose name Jim knew as to be Dozer. A name fit for such a man, who clearly looked like he would easily bulldoze anyone, for he had the looks of a heavy built, muscular wrestler.

The man, who was the first one that Jim noticed was wearing a mask; he pulled on the ribbon which in turn loosened the bag's mouth. The masked man poked the pouch's mouth and spread his fingers to further open it up. Once wide enough, he tilted the soft pouch and poured the contents out into his cupped, right palm. 

Jim let out a small whimper as clear stones, the size, that of which, slightly larger than ants, rolled over one another in the man's gloved hand. The two men whom were holding Jim at knife point, snickered as the diamonds glistened in the dim pale Yellow light of the alleyway.

Dozer walked to the man holding the bag of diamonds and picked one out off from his palm. Twisting it around in his fingers and examining it with a connoisseurs eyes in the dim light for a few seconds, he dropped it into the outstretched bag.

"It's the real deal Boss." Dozer confirmed as he stepped back a few paces while re-equipping his leather gloves.

"Okay. Pack it up and hand them over to me. Don't drop even a single piece." the men's Boss ordered.

The man holding the diamonds instantly began pouring the stones back into the pouch and after tightly sealing the rim, handed it to Dozer, who in turn quickly headed back up the stairs and presented the bag of diamonds to his Boss.

Turning back around and placing his hand on the metal knob, "Kill him." Mr. Rio ordered before opening the door and walking inside the Winged Boar Hotel.

The man let go off his hand from over Jim's mouth and snickered once more.

"No no no... please, I'm sorry. It won't happen again..." Jim stammered as he brought his left hand in front of his face, to protect himself.

"You should have known better as not to double-cross Mr. Rio." Dozer snickered along with his lynch squad. "Make it quick and messy, boys; just like how the Boss likes it."

With no where to back away to. Jim was once again, forced against the wall with one hand each, pushing his shoulders back and with their free hands, Rio's men repeatedly stabbed the informant in the dark alley.

Blood gushed out from Jim's midsection and his dark clothes dampened with the gooey dark crimson liquid. The stabbed man, let out some gurgling sounds and groans as his knees buckled. The masked murderers let go of Jim's shoulders and the limp body instantly fell down to the ground. The silent Jim, slouched on his knees, slowly slid onto his right. A pool of blood formed around the victim and continued to leak from the stabbed areas onto the gravel.

"That's what happens if you mess with the Rio Family." Dozer spat at the ground next to Jim's face before joining his now unmasked associates and entered into the Winged Boar Hotel from the emergency exit that their Boss had entered from.

.... .... ....

Five minutes later. Jim's motionless body still lay mercilessly at the bottom of the staircase outside the Winged Boar Hotel's emergency side exit. When it seemed like no one was going to visit this dark, mostly unused alley; Jim's head steadily rose, his eyes quickly darting around, surveying the area, his ears listening on the chatter in the distance. It all looked safe and sound.

"Phew" Jim quietly sighed as he cautiously stood back up on his feet. 

Looking down at the ground, the pool of blood had already coagulated into a thick muck. Jim, careful not to step into the dark liquid so as to not leave any shoe prints, made his way, away from the puddle.

"Heheh, that worked out splendidly." Jim's eyes mischievously twinkled as he patted his stomach and some blood spluttered out from the slashed areas that the masked men had stabbed him at.

Jim quickly turned around and fled the crime scene. Just before he turned the corner at the other end of the alley way; Jim pulled out his tucked, dress shirt out from his black nylon pants. Placing his right hand under the soaked T-Shirt underneath the dress shirt, Jim peeled off some plastic bags that were taped around his body.

"Thank you my friends. You were a great investment." Jim wickedly smiled as he took the punctured blood bags and ditched them into the trash compartment that he had stopped next to.

Without any more delay, Jim hurriedly tucked his shirts back in and buttoning up his brown overcoat to hide the torn shirt and the large blood stain, he exited the alley and headed into the adjacent sector.

Jim didn't stop till he reached the shuttle bay. Swiping his Identity cart at the counter, Jim was granted access to the departing transport ship. Once inside, Jim hurried to an empty seat and waited for take off, which according to his calculations would be in the next two minutes. Just as he thought, the ship began moving and a sigh left Jim's mouth. 

Suddenly he heard noises outside his window. Looking out, he spotted the earlier five men pushing civilians aside as they tried to force their way through the thick crowd. 

"Took them long enough." Jim, with a smug smile, averted his gaze away from the scene outside his window and relaxed his posture. Lifting his right leg and resting it onto his left, Jim crossed his arms behind and rested his head onto them; just as the ship buckled and exited into space.

Jim, a rich man, closed his eyes and dreamed of a lavish life that awaited him in the future. For, unknown to anyone, Jim was carrying the real Diamonds, in the hidden compartments, custom built in-between the soles of his pair of boots. And the bag of cleverly crafted crystals that Rio's men confiscated off of Jim were prepared for just the occasion, prior to heading towards the Winged Boar establishment that Jim knew would be being monitored by the Rio Mob.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Wow, nice twist there. :0

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:28 am

Scenario Prompt (4): You are a housewife/husband shopping when the news reports in about zombie epidemic in your town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Role Playing Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Hotel   Role Playing Hotel Clock11

Back to top Go down

Role Playing Hotel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Conceptualization-
Jump to: