Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Terrene

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

The Terrene - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:59 pm

well I like dates.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:53 pm

RyubosJ wrote:
well I like dates.
Well, to each their own I guess.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:01 pm

in this, I hate dates in RL but I don't have the same system as DE had for the belgariad so i went with this and it's worked out okay
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Well, just don't get caught up in all the murk of dates and events and forget the story itself.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well, just don't get caught up in all the murk of dates and events and forget the story itself.
well the dates and the tree that you won't get to see cause i can't share it The Terrene - Page 3 2416964522 have helped me in fact with the story
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Why are you guys pushing him so hard for something like dates? It's a great way to immerse yourself in the story not forget it... the only reason you don't do dates is because it's way too much work, but the story gets a lot more detailed if you decide to that and makes it easier to deal with plot holes :0
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:07 pm

It's just cause focusing on inconsequential details can hinder the process. I'm not saying he shouldn't. I'm just saying don't lose focus.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Dannytheman1 wrote:
Why are you guys pushing him so hard for something like dates?  It's a great way to immerse yourself in the story not forget it... the only reason you don't do dates is because it's way too much work, but the story gets a lot more detailed if you decide to that and makes it easier to deal with plot holes :0
Prisma*Illya wrote:
It's just cause focusing on inconsequential details can hinder the process. I'm not saying he shouldn't. I'm just saying don't lose focus.
please feel free to point out any inconsequential details you spotted, I am rather invested so i could have missed something
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm

True, if something's inconsequential it's not worth noting, but there is a lot of life you can put into a story by going through the history that will have effects on culture, landmarks, the way people speak, and so on :0

np, I'm sort of a history nut when it comes to stories though, so I'm more on the extreme side lol
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:25 pm

QUOTE:
He spoke in his rage, and his words turned each to crystal and broke them apart and scattered them over the 15 planets below them.
Spoiler:

QUOTE:
 They all had mere hemispheres in the palms of their hands.

Spoiler:

QUOTE:
  So the First waited, hidden in his small moon and watched his children attempt to guide the words he had sealed them on.

Spoiler:

QUOTE:
 The distribution of the crystals of the gods is not balanced, instead the crystals of the gods that made a world are the most common with the other 8 being very rare,
                Due to how the worlds were made they reflect the gods that put their hands together.

Spoiler:

QUOTE:
  The greatest fort in the world this building and her men are all that stands between civilization and madness, yet she is not invincible. Because of this every day small groups head out into the dark forest to watch for the barbarians that call it their home. You are one such group, who knows what terrors you will see.

Spoiler:

QUOTE:
 Two of the players will be allowed to have experienced characters unless only three people join.

Spoiler:

QUOTE:
Humans are different from almost everything else one might find when travelling the fifteen worlds                       
Spoiler:

QUOTE:
By having skin contact with the crystal that a god is bound to; a human with the correct affinity can channel the energy of the seal into a shape of their choosing, thus casting a spell. Not all humans can do this as it requires a high level of balance between the three plains. Those that meet the first requirement must then face a second, an affinity to the gods. Most humans have such an affinity to at least one and at most two of the higher gods and it is the seals on these gods that they can affect. As the distribution of the crystals of the gods is not balanced, instead the crystals of the gods that made a world are the most common with the other 8 being very rare, most countries have their own style of magic which is often limited to nobility due to the price and power of them.

Spoiler:

In all, I don't find anything particularly non interesting in your information. Can't say it turned me off or I found the whole R.P.World pointless. I do think that you did a good job of it.

Oh and yeah the only thing point-worthy would be about the restriction of 5 playable characters and even in those the limitation of them being weak in their chosen field of magic.

I didn't really get why you chose to do place those upon the Role Players. Also the premise of the story points out to a bunch going about on a hunting expedition. That also didn't give me that much motivation as to Darkest's Roleplay world's premise of exploring a never explored part of the world, though at the same time he had given the information that it would be a mystery, thriller and part survival genre. So that was what piqued my interest (even though it didn't have characters with magic abilities but everything else which was a natural (our real world) world setting; it was still acceptable to me.
Once again, it is not that I do not like your world; it’s just... maybe, it’s the restrictions and limitations that I found are what are stopping me, at the time being (other than non-digital world time constraints). I can’t say with full surety though, but all the best in your RolePlay Game.

Usually I tend to not go into too much detail of the world when I choose a RP to join, so I may not be the best critic. I pass on the task to Danny as he said that he is a history nut. He would be a much better at helping you flesh out any background story related issues, like the he mentioned about the cultures and history, dates etc.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Thanks a lot G-man.

yes he compressed them, I know see that I should have mentioned that.

No you can't gain an affinity, it's something you are born with.

By experienced I meant a higher rank, giving you more control over the direction the party takes as well as being less likely to get OHKO

Yes travel to other planets is possible but not for anyone human at the time this one is set.

No the gods are balanced however ice is more powerful in that part of the world. (think the verse)

Humans are balanced in all three(mind,body,spirit) however this balance is imperfect thus some people are better at magic than others. When some one is born they may obtain an aspect and if they do it will be most likely one of the two gods that made their planet.

The limit is because the RP was going to be small and short so extra people would have slowed it down, think of it like a beta test in which I wanted control so that I could push the rules and players

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Actually, I think starting with a small group was a very wise idea.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:51 pm

*wants to join* can I have arm-mounted blades?
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:53 pm

..........no........
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm

RyubosJ wrote:
..........no........

why not? They're gonna be altered axe-blades, and there's gonna be 3 on each arm.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm

cause your not thinking logically
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:14 pm

RyubosJ wrote:
cause your not thinking logically

How is that not logical? :/

you want me to go around with a giant Axe or War Hammer instead? cuz I can't do heavy weapons.

Actually, you know what? Just gimme a double bladed Spear.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:25 pm

RyubosJ wrote:
Thanks a lot G-man.

yes he compressed them, I know see that I should have mentioned that.

No you can't gain an affinity, it's something you are born with.

By experienced I meant a higher rank, giving you more control over the direction the party takes as well as being less likely to get OHKO

Yes travel to other planets is possible but not for anyone human at the time this one is set.

No the gods are balanced however ice is more powerful in that part of the world. (think the verse)

Humans are balanced in all three(mind,body,spirit) however this balance is imperfect thus some people are better at magic than others. When some one is born they may obtain an aspect and if they do it will be most likely one of the two gods that made their planet.

The limit is because the RP was going to be small and short so extra people would have slowed it down, think of it like a beta test in which I wanted control so that I could push the rules and players

thanks for clearing those up.

So basically, on an Ice Wood planet, all magic enabled humans will either have Ice powers or Wood Powers (or both).

And it is also mentioned that the other 8 shards would be rare. So if one can not gain affinity of those God attributes.. then what purpose to those shards have for being present on the planet if the humans born on those planet can never make any use of them. (the only possible reason would be of when the planet is visited by humans of the other planets.. if that is the reason then I'm perfectly fine with all types of God Shards being present on all 15 planets. Though them being rare... eh, I guess its fine)

So when we start the RP and only one planet is playable; we have the choice of only 2 magics. Both being either one of the Planet's creator and none of the other attributes.

So basically the information of all 10 gods you gave, was for future play-through. Right now we are limited to only Ice/Wood.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:41 am

no the other 8 powers are there but both them and the shards are so rare on the planet that they might as well not matter.

sets say you had 100 people.

normal - 70
ice - 10
wood - 10
fire - 1
ect
ect

but make the rarity higher so if some one wanted to be lets say a fire mage they could, but they would have to be very rich and give me a really good reason as to why OOC
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:09 am

The Terrene - Page 3 1494320738 but that fire-mage wouldn't be a human of the Ice/Wood planet, right?
Quote :
When some one is born they may obtain an aspect and if they do it will be most likely one of the two gods that made their planet.
Or he could be but as you said, the rarity of one being born would be really low. But I don't get the being rich part.

Is that because he needs the money to acquire the FIRE God Shard so that he can begin his Fire Mage training, and the only place to get those other God's Shards would be the palace-merchant?

First of all how does one know as to what affinity have they been born with?

And are the Ice/Wood shards in abundant supply (scattered around the planet) on an Ice/Wood planet?

Also can't a poor human go about stealing the non-Planetary Shards (to you know, find out what affinity he is.)

Or the palace lets anyone come to them and touch(study) the other god shards kept on display for a low price to find out what that persons affinity is to.
And Once the human finds out;
say he was attracted to the Sky Shard, the palace merchant would stop him from further "testing" and put a insanely high (or moderate high) price tag on it for if he wishes to buy it for his personal use.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:19 am

kinda, they way you know if you have the skill is you are given a shard and you try to use it, however it's controlled by the higher nobility in places like kartash (think rare metals in mistborn). If you come from a low born familly the chances of you being aloud to learn would be very small.

Ice/wood shards are not abundant however they can be found almost everywhere. The largest known "mine" for ice shards is near Zoffany
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Terrene   The Terrene - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Terrene
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3