Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:32 pm

Western Shrine Path

- Nilo/Vayu/Samael/Zephyr -

Nilo listened intently to Samael's explanation, brows furrowed. His eyes widened in surprise at the little illusory illustration Samael used to make his point, but his expression fell quickly back to contemplative concern.

"So... what, you're saying we should try smaller changes? Or incremental changes? Like what?"

He waved a hand toward where Samael's illusion had been and frowned.

"I get that using that much water for a little fire is overkill, and maybe tearing down the barrier seems just as extreme. But what's the solution then?" He hesitated, thinking of the little water elemental, not unlike the cute flower demon perched on Samael's shoulder. "Just... rely on you guys every time something comes up?"

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:38 pm

Western Shrine Path

- Vayu -

Vayu glanced back when Nilo asked about the Gaean just in time to see Samael’s illusion crop up. He didn’t stay turned around to watch it, instead keeping his eyes on the path ahead. But he could very well listen.

There was an edge to Samael’s voice, something beneath the words he spoke. Nilo didn’t seem to pick up on it and Vayu wasn’t about to ask about it right now.

“They will tell you what they believe is right,” Vayu finally commented. “Whether YOU think it’s the right way or not, that’s on you to decide not on me to tell you.”

“While it’s true, we come to help people, our numbers are not nearly enough to help everyone all the time,” he added. “You will eventually have to find your own way for survival. And what you depend on then, that’s your choice.”

“However, I wouldn’t advise a radical change. It can leave you caught with your pants down,” he paused, looking around. “Your shrine protects you for a year. As a first step, I suggest using that to figure out what poses the most danger to your village like those boars and finding a solution to fight that, so the next trip to the shrine is safer.”

He shrugged. “But that’s just my two cents.”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:34 pm

Western Shrine Path

At Vayu's interjection, Nilo turned away and gazed back down the path toward the village, though it was no longer in sight.

"I don't know what it's like in Chaldea," he said. "But here, things are pretty quiet and content. We make the run once a year, the barrier is reestablished, and then we sit peaceful and secure until the next ritual run. No one here knows how to fight because no one here needs to fight. I guarantee you, if we complete the ritual, everyone will just go back to sitting on their hands until next year."

With a sight, he examined the torch in his hand, then turned back toward the direction of the shrine and marched on.

"Still, if it works it works, right? I guess it makes sense not to just wreck a good thing with no guarantees things will get better. At least we know this does the job."

He fell silent after that, even as the sun began to creep lower over the horizon. As the reds of the sky faded into purples and darkest blues, the first shrine finally came into sight ahead.

"We'll have to camp out at the shrine tonight and set off for the other one in the morning," Nilo told them. "Hopefully, I can figure out a way to sleep with a torch in my hand without burning the whole place down..."

He chuckled, though only half-heartedly, when a rustling came from the bushes. Nilo froze, swallowing, and turned to the side as two large golden eyes stared at them from the cover of the leaves.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 pm

Samael

"Well being aware is the first step." Samael commented as he glanced around the area, feeling rather uneasy at the thought of having to stay in this area for the night, "Even though my village was peaceful though, I still took steps to improve myself. Whether that was becoming physically stronger or communing with friendly demons to improve my magic...."

Samael smirked a bit despite the situation, as he glanced up at the trees around him thinking of the trees rustling with each step, as a fond memory began to come back up in his mind.

"First demon I ever worked with was years before I became a vanguard, a troll. He was terrifying at first, but he was quite the softie." Samael stated as he squinted his eyes as the group grew closer and closer to the shrine. He was trying to think of a way to help Nilo with the torch issue.

Samael tensed at the sight of the bushes rustling as he positioned himself quickly between the noise and Nilo. His eyes narrowed focusing on the eyes, as he held out his hand in front of Nilo wanted for the creature to make a move before he casted any spells.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:30 pm

Western Path Shrine

- Vayu -

„But don’t you have to eat, hunt and trade?” Vayu asked, barely able to keep the surprise out of his voice.

They reached the shrine, where Nilo told them they would have to camp out here, proposing he would sleep with the torch in his hand.

“Can’t you just light the shrine tonight and then re-light the torch in the morning with the same fire?” Vayu asked, rolling his eyes.

He also tensed when heard rustling in the bushed. Samael went closer to inspect, while Vayu kept an eye on the other surrounding area. Last thing they wanted was to get ambushed from the side.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:56 pm

Western Shrine Path

Vayu seemed stunned by the village's coddled lifestyle, but Nilo explained that the village didn't hunt, but rather had agreements with other villages to arrive at regular intervals to trade crops grown within the barrier for anything they needed. A perfectly self-contained, perfect little bubble.

Unfortunately, they were far from that bubble, as those golden eyes bore down on them. From out of the bushes stepped a demon boar at least three times the size of the others, nearly reaching their own height.

Spoiler:

With a terrible bellow, it unleashed a shockwave of darkness against them that sent Nilo tumbling back, crying out as he struck the ground. Desperately, he clung onto the torch even as he rolled through the dirt, his sole focus on keeping it safe even as the boar stampeded toward him.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:25 am

Samael

The moment the fur of the beast became visible Samael moved even closer to Nilo, as his body surged with adrenaline and his mind sharpened.

"This one is huge!  I don't know how effective my aliments will be." Samael commented in surprise his mouth open slightly agape as he turned the Vayu hastily inquiring, "Can you try some offensive spells?  Preferably one that can stun it a bit...  I'll keep him safe this time and throw some support your way once we gauge its tolerance."

Suddenly Samael slammed his hands as hard as he could against the ground.  A faint fog began to emit from the vanguard's hands as a white ghostly figure began to form.  The figure quickly tore itself out of the ground with intense ferocity, while faint green lights seemed to buzz in and out of this horse's body that soon solidified into bright sharp green tendrils.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

"Spectral Knight." Samael muttered quietly, as the ghostly horse let out a deafening squeal in response to the demonic black force from the shockwave erupting towards them.  The horse braced its hooves into the ground as Samael grabbed one of the tendrils of the creature.  His muscles began to enlarge and tense, as he placed both his hands against the horse and dug his feet deep into the ground to stop the shockwave from pushing him or his horse back.

Soon after, Samael grabbed Nilo by the waist, effortlessly and hastily pulling him off the ground and onto the horse, while the free glowing tendrils hovered protectively around the fiery and enchanting flame from the torch like a swarm of moths during a dark night.  The horse immediately reacted to the sudden change in weight on its back by bolting in the direction of the shrine at a mad feverous pace.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:23 pm

Western Shrine

- Vayu -

Samael, in a better position than himself, immediately took to protecting Nilo and headed to the shrine.

Vayu nodded, bracing himself against the shockwave of darkness that headed towards them. “Yes, get to the shrine!” he called in response to Samael’s words.

Keeping his footing, the spell from his High Pixie earlier kept him from taking on the full force of the curse.

“Two can play at that game,” he mumbled to himself and with a flick of his wrist he cast his Confusion Wave to keep the Demon Boar off balance. “And I think I want your help as well…”

The Empusa demon materialized by his side. “I think this demon needs to cool down and take a break!”

He moved between the Demon Boar and the Shrine behind him. Floating around him, the Empusa demon cast its Frolic Frost spell followed by the Sweet Sleep, attempting to first slow down the Demon Boar with sharp ice crystals and then put him to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:31 pm

Western Shrine Path

Vayu’s Confusion Wave hit the demon boar, but it bellow and continued its charge. It became apparent, though, that though it had not slowed its gait, it certainly had skewed it. It’s legs wobbled, and it staggered drunkenly as it swiped its tusks at Vayu. The attack missed its mark, though, and it took the boar a few moments to realize it.

By that time, Vayu had summoned out his Empusa. The boar turned as the ice crystals hit it head on, and it lowered its head with an indignant bellow to shield its face from harm. The sleep spell hit it next, and the boar snorted and pawed the ground before making a move again for Vayu. Dazed and heavily sleepy, it resembled less a charging bull and more a drunk, exhausted man stumbling around his house trying to find his bed.

Meanwhile, Samael’s spectral steed had gracefully raced the remaining distance to the shrine and leaped up the stairs. Nilo, shaken, rolled off its back and rushed to the pile of embers smoldering inside the tall brazier in the center of the room. The moment his torched touched it, it sprang to life in a glowing spiral of flames, and both a warm haze and a shimmering glow appeared like a barrier around the shrine.

The boar reached Vayu just as the barrier appeared, and the Vanguard didn’t even bother to move as the boar smacked straight into it. With a crash, it toppled back to the ground, snorting and then snoring in the middle of the path.

“That was close.” Nilo trotted down the steps and tugged Vayu back up with him. “We should be safe inside for tonight.”

Safe, perhaps, but not comfortable. Though the shrine had a cozy, homely feel, it had no cushions or stools or means of resting or reclining. The hard wooden floor would be there only option. But even so, as Nilo settled himself near the brazier, propping his torch against the frame, he felt content. Or maybe that was just the exhaustion catching up.

They’d made it halfway through, though. Maybe they really could finish it and save the village. At least, for another year.

“You guys ever regret it?” he asked, rolling over to look at the others. “Becoming Vanguards? Must be tough, having to learn to fight demons and undo curses and stuff.”

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:33 pm

Western Shrine

- Vayu -

Vayu watched the boar stumble around, still trying to attack. He almost felt sorry for the demon.

A warm rush of energy came from behind as the barrier formed around the shrine. It stopped the Demon Boar from charging at him and pushed him back.

“That was nowhere near close,” he replied and gave the Demon Boar another long stare before following Nilo back into the shrine.

“Thanks,” he said to Empusa and the demon vanished into thin air as it returned to his gauntlet. Vayu also settled on the floor, keeping an eye on the entrance.

He shrugged at Nilo’s question. “It depends where you come from. Yes, it is tough, but it also keeps us alive and independent. So, no, I don’t regret it.”

"Is that not something to strive for instead of hiding in one place all year?" he asked Nilo, his eyes staring straight at the young man.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:32 pm

Western Shrine Path

“It depends where you come from. Yes, it is tough, but it also keeps us alive and independent. So, no, I don’t regret it.”

Nilo considered these words, humming to himself. "Doesn't sound that different than Kagetora..." he mumbled.

"Is that not something to strive for instead of hiding in one place all year?" Vayu asked, his eyes boring into Nilo.

"Yeah, but..." He puffed his cheeks. "Man, you guys are really confusing me. Do you agree with Kagetora or don't you? One minute it sounds like you think we should just stick to the way we've been doing things 'cause it's safer and guaranteed, and the next it sounds like you think we should follow your example and try to become stronger and independent."

He sighed and looked away from the Vanguards into the warm, crackling flames of the brazier.

"Sometimes, I think she's right. But then I think about what that... that demon they call Mother and what she's been doing, and I get terrified thinking about what would happen if they showed up here." His forehead sank against his knees, his eyebrows knitted together. "Maybe we're just fighting fate, though. Maybe we're all destined to end up demons, and it would be better to just get it over with."

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:24 am

Zephyr Arc

Zephyr managed to tide over the trampling only a little worse for wear. However, it seemed being steeped in such massive magnitudes of miasma had some lingering detrimental effects. Cherry was attempting to heal with with little effect, and he was having trouble operating his own spells.

However, the effects appeared to be slowly fading as the miasma receded. Zephyr decided to simply grit his teeth and power through, only slightly displeased at his inability to contribute to the subsequent encounter with the larger boar.

Seeing as he was still not fully recovered, he opted to forego attempting to engage and instead followed the group into the barrier, limping slightly on his way. The miasma, it seemed, was unable to enter, being left behind as he passed through.

This allowed Cherry to finish healing him, and gave Zephyr the ability to use his spells again. However, it did leave a nasty surprise that he wouldn't notice until later...

With his state normalized, Zephyr was finally able to chime in on the conversation. "We've had the displeasure of encountering her before. Make no mistake, whatever she 'makes a demon' would no longer be you. Just a twisted beast appropriating your flesh." He replied sobrely, bad memories jumping to the surface.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:38 pm

Samael

Samael breathed a breath of relief as the spectral steed slowly vanished and faded back where it came. His legs felt weak from the sudden strength that was ripped out from him when the spell faded causes him to stand still for a few moment breathing to catch himself.

He listened carefully to the conversation between the vanguards, as he pondered the idea for a few seconds, not showing any reaction on his face. The thought of that 'mother' woman entering his mind again as he shook it off as he walked closer to the fire.

"I can understand your confusion. Most of us had to take a leap to become vanguards, or were forced to take a leap." Samael muttered in sympathy, as he thought to himself for a few seconds thinking about what the other vanguards exact circumstances were, "Though, we push ourselves to protect villages like these. Obviously not everyone has the resolve to become a vanguard, but those of us who do.... want to protect places like these.

"Just saying those who don't survive were 'necessary sacrifices' is insane to me, even though they aren't vanguards they have potential elsewhere and these places protect them." Samael muttered as Tulip hopped on his shoulder nodding in agreement.

"Yea! Your folks taught you how to make these wonderful outfits after all." Tulip stated gleefully holding up Samael's latest mandrake based fashion!
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:56 pm

Western Shrine

- Vayu -

„I can disagree with someone and still not trying to convince you,” Vayu replied. “In the end it’s your choice.”

Zephyr finally, with the help of Cherry, managed to return to a more normal state. Vayu nodded at his words, but didn’t add anything more to the conversation. Zephyr and Samael had it covered.

“We’ll start early tomorrow,” he said after the conversation had died down. “Try to get some rest.”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:32 pm

Western Shrine Path

Nilo flinched at Zephyr’s words, but then his brow furrowed in contemplation. “Does Kagetora know that? Does she even care?”

When Samael spoke, he shook off the thought and turned his attention to the Vanguard.

“Hmm, so you think it’s situational. Not everyone has the potential to be strong, but not everyone has to. The strong can protect the weak, and the weak can support the strong through other ways.”

Kagetora might be right that some of them had gotten too soft, too reliant on the barrier to take care of them when they should be learning to fight their own battles. But for some of them, that wasn’t an option.

Vayu suggested they rest up, and the four men took up positions around the shrine, attempting to get comfortable enough to sleep.

—————————————————————————

- ??? -

In the darkness, two figures stood together in the darkness, eyes fixed on the glowing light in the distance. Or rather, one stood and one floated beside them.

“Your idea isn’t working.”

“If you were having more success, you wouldn’t be standing here right now.”

“Even with the barrier dying out, I can’t access the other shrine.”

“If you don’t, they’ll reach you by tomorrow.”

“Isn’t your job supposed to be preventing that?”

“And I’m working on it.” The glowing eyes turned menacingly on the standing figure. “Go back to your work and leave me to mine.”

The other figure hesitated, then turned and headed back down the path. The floating figure watched them until they disappeared, then turned back to regard the occupied shrine.

The demon boars hadn’t proved much challenge for these Vanguards, and they’d ignored the lure of following the boars back to their lair - a blessing and a curse. The miasma could continue to do its work, but now they’d already lit one torch and seemed poised to blaze their way to the other.

The wicked eyes narrowed, then widened in delight.

Oh ho. What a delightful opportunity…

—————————————————————————

Western Shrine Path

Nilo turned this way and that, sleep continuing to elude him. Maybe it was the discomfort of the wood floor, or maybe his thoughts wouldn’t leave him in peace. Or maybe it was bladder continuing to get full.

Sitting up, he sighed and scratched his neck. Well, that was one thing he could take care of, at least. Creeping over to the edge of the shrine, he paused to glance back at the others. They wouldn’t wake up and see him, right?

They might. That would be embarrassing. Actually, should he even relieve himself this close to the shrine? Would it defile it or something?

Wavering, he glanced out into the darkness. It should be fine to slip out quickly, in and out, and come right back. Tiptoeing his way down the steps, he spotted the nearest tree and slipped behind it.

Ah, sweet relief. For a moment, anyway.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:54 pm

Western Shrine Path

The next morning, the Vanguards awoke to find Nilo hovering outside the shrine, staring back down the path. When he heard them stirring, he turned and smiled at them.

“What’s taking you so long, sleep heads? We’ve got a long path back today,” he said.

As they began to collect their things to join them, Nilo chuckled and pointed back toward the shrine.

“Whoops, I was so eager I forgot the torch. Can someone grab it for me?” he asked.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:02 am

Samael

Samael woke up from a deep sleep, despite the danger of the situation he was apparently more exhausted than he thought. His thoughts raced to the apothecary and raining village for a moment, his mind still hazy, almost like the end of it was a dream.

"You forgot the.... forgot the..." Samael muttered to himself, as his eyes suddenly bolted open. He glanced around looking for the flame in any location hoping the bright flame could be seen anywhere, "The torch, where is it? Where did you leave it"

Who was on watch? Surely someone was watching, surely someone was....

"Zeyphr, Vayu, do you guys see it?" Samael stated hoping one of them would put his anxiety at ease for just a moment.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:28 pm

Western Shrine

- Vayu -

Vayu woke up, feeling less than rested. When he joined the others outside, Nilo seemed to be in a particularly good mood….at least for a second until he realized that he had forgotten the torch.

“You idiot!” Vayu said and rolled his eyes. Samael was also awake, looking around for the torch, sounding a little anxious. “What a way to wake up,” he muttered.

Really, that guy had one job. He grabbed Nilo by the arm and dragged him back into the shrine with him. Inside he looked around until he saw it by the brazier.

“This torch is your responsibility, so you go get it,” he said. His voice was stern and it was clear he wouldn’t take no for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:18 pm

Western Shrine Path

Nilo spluttered as Vayu grabbed him by the arm and dragged him back toward the shrine. But before they could reach it, Nilo jerked his arm back out of Vayu’s grasp, rubbing at his forearm.

“W-why’d you have to go and get so aggressive on me?” He stepped back away from the shrine. “Man, you ask a simple request, and you get manhandled. I just thought since you guys were already up there, you could just bring it down for me and a spare me a couple extra steps. We’re gonna be doing enough walking as it is.”

He took another step back, eyeing Vayu warily, making no move to retrieve the torch.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:40 am

Samael

"Oh, it's still on the brazier, I thought you dropped it somewhere for a second." Samael stated as he breathed a sigh of relief not acknowledging the tense exchange between the two as slowly and more casually walked closer to the brazier.  He eventually stopped when he was next to Nilo's wary stature.

The vanguard glanced between the two for a few seconds before his eyes rested on Nilo, watching him a bit confused, like a knot that was sticking out from an otherwise perfect fabric.  His gaze locked directly onto Nilo's concerned eyes for what felt like an eternity.  Eventually Samael began to fidget his hands together like they were weaving some kind of invisible thread to remove that knot before slowly opening his mouth to speak again.

"Uh shouldn't you be grabbing it?  These rituals always have a certain pattern to them that are important... and you're the designated carrier." Samael commented as he scratched the back of his glancing over at Vayu's stoic expression, "Vayu can be firm at times, but it's for good reason.  In fact the last mission we dealt with one of those failed 'rituals', and it made it rain nonstop for months on end."

There was a pause for a few seconds as the silence, as Tulip seemed to be brushing her hand through her petals almost like a human who felt like they had water stuck in their ears.  A look of annoyance soon crossed her face, as she glanced up at the runner putting another set of eyes on him.

"Given it already did that half of the year, but I mean like... extra months.." Samael inserted, as he paused for a moment his eyebrows frowned, as he paused for a moment thinking about what he said before continuing to say, "Which... would of killed their harvest."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Tue May 02, 2023 5:47 pm

Western Shrine

- Vayu -

Vayu also stepped back when Nilo suddenly resisted his grip. He eyes the young man with raised eyebrows.

“Because you don’t get to request stuff from us, especially if they’re within your own capabilities,” he answered.

Samael chipped in with some good arguments. At the village they had been adamant about Nilo carrying the torch.

“Samael is right,” he agreed with his fellow Vanguard. “If you don’t grab the torch, we’ll stay here all day.”

He crossed his arms, not letting Nilo out of his sight. What had happened during the night to change his behavior so dramatically?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu May 04, 2023 1:13 pm

Western Shrine Path

Nilo wavered uncertainly a few moments, then folded his arms. “Don’t get to request anything of you? Wow, someone climbed up his high horse today. Maybe Kagetora was right about you Vanguards.”

He turned his back on them and stared down the path toward the village.

“Well, forget it then. In fact, forget the escort. Wouldn’t want you all to feel like we owe you for requesting your precious services.”

With that, he marched off.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Fri May 26, 2023 3:10 am

Samael

Samael's mind felt like it lapsed for a second his mind seemingly sputtering, as his eyes narrowed in a strange way while Nilo walked off in the opposite direction.  He quickly looked down towards Tulip who just shrugged in confusion that soon was replaced with anger.

Did he even listen to anything he just said?  He tried to compromise between the two of them for the mission and this kid just spat on everything!

"What do you think you're doing?  You think a petty disagreement is more important than protecting the people you care about?" Samael called out barely holding back his anger, as he ran after the Nilo and reached out to grab the runner by the wrist "Or was that discussion we had last night just meaningless?  I know you're smarter than this, I experienced first hand what it was like for my village to be destroyed. I don't want it happening to you as well."

A surge of maga appeared in Samael's other free hand as he held up a illusionary torch in front of him.  The fire swayed in the cool morning, as it seemed to grow dimmer by the second.

"Again, this fire, this flame, this ritual, is in place for a reason.  One deviation and we might lose the flame all together." Samael firmly stated, as he tried to lock eyes with the runner to express the seriousness of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sat May 27, 2023 6:28 pm

Western Shrine Path

Nilo yanked his hand back before Samael could grab it and turned away with a snort. "Then let it burn out. If it means having to rely on people like you, we're better off that way."

As he turned his eyes back to the road, he let out a squawk and dropped to the ground as a white blur shot past where he'd been standing before circling around. When the shape slowed, the Vanguards could finally make out the form of Erice's Kuda companion.

"Still haven't guessed?" he asked them as balls of blueish-white flame sprang into life around him.

Nilo sprang to his feet and glared as Kuda sent the fireballs raining down at him. With a curse, he dashed aside into the woods.

"He's possessed!" Kuda barked at the Vanguards as he swooped down and followed after the young man.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11Sat May 27, 2023 10:40 pm

Western Shrine Path

"Fine then, you're free to have your opinions, but I'm not letting you run off on your own.  You leave me no choice but to apprehend you until..." Samael commented, his face turning red before being replaced with a blank expression as suddenly Nilo bolted away from him in mid sentence.

"What. The. Hell!"

Samael was not about to let this brat get himself killed, as Tulip jumped on Samael's shoulder to keep up her own expression now filled with a look of confusion as she placed her arm beneath her chin.  A ponderous look, one of a sculpted model gazing into the stars before her and Samael's eyes both widened in surprise as Nilo suddenly ducked to avoid something.

Samael's hand quickly snapped to his sword, the weapon flying out of its holster his feet bolting towards Nilo as he placed his hand on the runner's shoulder to keep him low to the ground.  A second later Samael's eyes lit up in realization but swiftly narrowed in confusion as he saw Kuda hovering before him.

"Possessed?" Samael responded with complete surprise while Tulip nodded in agreement to the demon's words with a 'told you saw' expression on her face.  Samael quickly turned to Nilo as Samael unfortunately realized Nilo was no longer on the ground but making a sudden dash off into the forest.  

Samael's face twisted into a scowl as he held out his hand for Tulip to waltz on; The Mandrake rolled her eyes in annoyance and quickly jumped on his hand in response like she had enough of the whole situation.

Samael heavily tossed the Mandrake at on of the nearby trees as she nimbly and carefully landed on one of the branches turning towards the possessed boy with a a light sigh.  She ran her hand through her petal as she took a deep breath and let out a loud, ear shattering tune.

Spoiler:

"Love binding song." Tulip stated with a light smile.

"Keep going Kuda, the noise won't affect you." Samael commented as a surge of maga erupted from his hands that latched onto Kuda, causing all noise entering the dome to be reduced to a non-damaging level with Samael following close enough behind to provide aid.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line   Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line - Page 2 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Standard Mission: What Lies at the Finish Line
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next