Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain

Go down 
+2
Litmus
Payne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:58 pm

Nihility~Demons
Nihility Xitlalli
Shoggoth
Tyrian
Pix

Nihility ~A Bitter Rain - Mid-Tunnel End~

The end of the tunnel turned out to be a dead end. At the least for the path it was meant to be dug out into by the apparent mole creatures that had started it.

"Hmm, very interesting. this wasn't what I was expecting at all." Nihility leaned forward and peered at the two terrified moles.

"So, tell me what has you so spooked about this Queen? I heard that some creatures looking like the guardians of the shrine made a huge mess in the pub... Smart creatures as yourself, you would be knowing something about that now right?"

Nihility stepped down onto the dirt with a little thud and carefully surveyed the new side entrance into the Shrine Tunnel.

Hmm... stay behind me as I'll protect you from your fears, and tell me everything you know leaving nothing out as we make our way back to the other side.

Nihility would make sure they are following her close as she makes her way through to the Shrine tunnel's entrance, alert for any strange movements or sounds and hopefully make it through the final tunnel that was left unexplored.

Tyrian would take the rear and gently but with authority, nudge the moles from behind to have them start moving behind Nihility.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:12 am

Gad

Gad followed Zephyr and they were now with other demons, and Samael being with them as well. Gad narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out what was really going on here.

"So, you were singing?"

Gad had his weapon ready, ready to pounce at them the moment they showed any indication or to attempt escape.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:30 am

Tunnels beneath the town

"The queen is evil!  The masked demons told us that if she finds us she'll skin us alive and use our pelts as a coat for the rain!" One of the moles called out in a frenzy while the other sat back his eyes wide open and full of fear, while nodding in agreement with its comrade.

The two moles looked at each other at the mention of the guardian of the shrines and then glanced back at nihility their eyes still wide with fear.  It seemed like something had clogged their throat as they struggled to speak.

"We only were ordered to dig a hole there.  Those demons told us to do that so we could keep an eye on the Suzzy-o as they called him.  But, we heard fighting break out recently in the tunnels between the demons and now the queen is..."  The two moles looked at each other for a moment before their hair began to stand on end when the sound of light footsteps began to echo in the distance.

Spoiler:

The queen has appeared her eyes shifting around as she seemed to be searching for something, as narrowed in the distance.  Her hands and only her hands appeared to be soaked in water as she was dragging the corpse of one of masked demons on the ground in her hand.

"Did I hear something that sounded like my husband's name mentioned?" The queen stated out loud waiting for someone to respond to the source, her voice seemingly dripping with rage that seemed to be about to explode any minute.

Apothecary

"Song?  Ah, yes do you know where it comes from?  It's been on the tip of my tongue for some time now, but I can't place the origin." Guy stated a bit confused at Gad's more defensive posture.  He turned his gaze towards Wren who's face had turned as white as a ghost.

"Would you happen to know h-him?" Wren stated in a concerned and flustered voice as she looked towards Samael, gauging the vanguard's reaction her eyes drifting towards the shelf of empty vials behind her as she began to eye the various contents.

Samael's eyes began to narrow.... this... this was illusion magic similar to his own. How had he not realized this when he saw this man before?!

"No, but that song.... it sounds oddly similar to the story the queen told us... right Zeyphr?" Samael commented as he turned towards Guy, "Susano, why are you pretending to be human at a shop instead of being with the queen?"
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:21 am

Gad

"So, this is the demon you guys were looking for... to bring to the Queen?" Gad asked the other vanguards; Gad had the feeling the song sounded weird and this was not his first time hearing a demon singing a song to others.

Unlike some may believe demons could sing as well; Gad had Eins who had singing a song for him, and somehow when this demon who pretended to be a human sang, it had nostalgic feeling which had made Gad to take the defensive posture.

In any case, he was not so sure now, if the demon was pretending to be a human, was he hiding from something? For instance, was he hiding from his Queen?

"Don't tell me, you are pretending to be a human cause you are afraid of your Queen... Or did you forget who you really are?"
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:50 pm

Apothecary

Guy looked perplexed at Gad's comment, his head paused staring into the distance for a few seconds, his breath getting heavier by the second, his hands growing nervous and shifted around his body like he wanted something someone to hold onto.... something to get rid of this feeling of unease that was hitting him.  It almost seemed like his mind was trying to process some sort of impossible data, something that contradicted an obvious truth.  But, Once he turned his head towards Wren for a few seconds, a smile crossed his face and he nodded.

"I'm not sure who this queen you're talking about is, but the only person who comes close to a queen in my life is Wren." Guy stated with a firm and assured nod, as he turned towards the other vanguards with his chest now sticking out like he knew what he was saying was a fact, "I came here to pick up  a water lily, a flower, a flower I.. cherished and Wren and I began talking about it.  I realized how much we had in common, how many things we cherished that were the same!  Before we knew it, we had grown closer."

Despite Guy's bliss, Wrenn seemed to grow more and more uncomfortable as the conversation continued.  Her knuckles began to grow white from the amount of pressure she was putting on them as she turned to the vanguards, her face beat red in what looks like an amount of embarrassment that would ignite a match.

"I-I didn't know Guy was with the demon that protected the village.  He came to my shop once throughout the seasons, and...I thought he was.....  I bought a... potion from some old lady that I thought would help him notice me more" Wren stuttered, as Guy walked over to her with a sympathetic look on his face as he placed on of his hands on hers in an attempt to calm her down.

"This is ridiculous, if you wanted to fall in love with someone it should be with the real them!" Samael commented in a fit of annoyance and anger at the thought of being deceived that way his hands lashing out in from oh him like he was about to strike someone. He quickly shifted his sharp gaze to Zeyphr pointed at the vanguard's spell eater, "Eat the spell on Susan-o Zeyphr, let them both see the real him!"

"Isn't it kind of romantic though?  Maybe it the potion just brought out Susan-o's real feelings and they should be together.  Maybe only obligation kept him with the queen." Tulip stated with a coy smile, as she placed once her hands on her hips like she was seducing someone, "After all, sometimes men can't control themselves when they see a woman who's just perfect for them."

A) Turn her over to Kushinda (aka queen)
B) Hide the fact that she did this from the queen
C) Help her find a way to keep her love
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:11 am

Nihility~Demons
Nihility Xitlalli
Shoggoth
Tyrian
Pix

Nihility ~A Bitter Rain - Tunnel Encounter~

Nihility listened to the two mole demons. They sure were the timid kind and easily bullied or taken advantage of. All of this didn't really make too much sense to her though. Soon after another demon emerged from the shadows. Apparently, some kind of family drama was underway.

Nihility calmly called over the Queen apparent.

"Hey Maam", Nihility jovially waved and walked over towards the Queen. "We're over here."

"You must be the Queen that these mole demons were informing me off. I really don't know what the whole situation is, after all I was only here visiting the Apothecary for some supplies and then came to the pub for a drink but then this whole comotion with some demons attacking the villagers happened, One thing led to another and now these mole demons are saying that there is some Suzzy-O character over at the end of this tunnel."

Nihility shrugged her shoulders. "If this person is supposed to be your husband that you are looking for, then I think it is best that you are unitied with him. I know the feeling of losing loved ones and it is very hurtful to be apart without closure and even if it is some other matter, I feel like it is best to communicate eachother's feelings to clear out any missgivings and find out what the true cause of the rifts is, or whatever there may be. It is never healthy to shut the other out."

Nihility looked down at the two mole creatures. "I know. Hey, you two. You should lead us to this Suzzy-O without delay. We should re-unite the lovely Queen with her Husband." Looking back at the Queen, Nihility motions Tyrian to step closer. "Your Highness, if you like, you may mount my steed and he would take you towards the end of the tunnel with his fleet footed stride."

If the Queen agrees with her request, then turning towards the moles, Nihility would tell them to start rushing towards where Suzzy-O is located.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:56 pm

Zephyr Arc - Apothecary

It appeared this entire fiasco was a bit of a "complex" lovers tryst. What with the demon wife crying up a literal rain storm, and the apparent crush unknowingly charming a demon not knowing he was a demon. Zephyr stood a bit perplexed, not terribly versed in such matters despite his intellect. Cherry on the other hand appeared to be lapping up the drama, a number of expressions sprouting on her face as more and more was slowly revealed.

Fortunately, it seemed Gad and Samael had a handle on it, especially seeing as even Nihility was clearly a few cards short of a full deck... which wasn't really a surprise, as it were. The two Vanguards carried the conversation-cum-interrogation until it came out that Guy, who might be Susano-O, was under a love spell. Nodding along as he listened to the turn of events, Zephyr didn't even hesitate for a moment as he immediately smacked Guy in the gut with the butt end of Devourer when Samael asked him to do it.

He was following the bread crumbs and knew what went on, but also had no idea what exactly anyone in this scenario was thinking. Hence, he just wanted the whole thing over with.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:38 pm

Gad - B

"You kidding? The only mercy you get it from me is hiding what you did to her husband." Said Gad, "The only reason this village is alive and well is because the powerful demons decided to have this village intact." Gad stared at the woman, "Hide woman, before it is too late for you. You better hope that this demon doesn't remember what you have done to him." Gad sighed, "Is there a way to take this woman to our coustody to find who or what planned this? Such strong potion wouldn't come to normal human like her that easily unless someone wanted to bring doom to this village." He asked his companions for an advice to save the woman's life and also to find out who was really behind this as it was clear to him that this was no mere coincidence.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:18 pm

Apothecary
---------------

Wrenn grew distraught with the accusations, her eyes lowered to look at the ground.  Though, her eyes soon grew to that of surprise and realization as the visage that guy had been presented evaporated in a puff of smoke, as a demon appeared in the spot he used to be.

Spoiler:

The demon slowly rose his hands and looked at them perplexed flexing his muscles and fingers slowly almost like he didn't believe they were his own limbs.  Suddenly, He rushed to a nearby mirror, pushing Zeyphr aside with a monstrous amount of strength almost toppling the vanguard, as he began staring at himself as his hands ran across his painted face.  And his eyes that no human in the world could have as it gave off an otherworld glow to it, one that appeared to pierce right through his own soul.

"You're right.... I'm not human" Susano said in a calmer voice as he turned to look at Wren who still stood behind the counter watching Susano with her eyes unblinking and unflinching.  Her emotions unreadable and her figure standing tall and upright despite Gad's warning to hide.

"My memories aren't all back but.... A potion? Wren you gave me a glass flower, and there was someone else there..." Susano began to audibly mumble as his eyes seemed hazed and lost.

However, the cellar door blasted open with a torrent of water as Kushinada, the queen of the valley, rose out of the water rushing out of the cellar while riding a familiar looking bicorn. Her expression was a regal look, as she scanned the room with a look of worry and concern.

Her eyes and Susano's eyes met for the moment, as the two stared at each other unblinking for a long time before her gaze shifted towards Wren who was in the room.  Kushinada's eyes were filled with a righteous fury as she began walking towards the apothecary keeper with maga rippling from her palms that appeared like it would explode at any second.

"I see the spell in my husband's eyes, and I see that maga on you!  You will pay for interrupting his journey, witch!" Kushinada shouted, as she pointed her finger at the shopkeeper, "Pull Under!"

Slender liquid arms erupted from the torrent of water from earlier that poured into the room, as the arms latched onto Wren's face and slammed her into the floor face first.  the arms continued to hold her there as the torrent of water from earlier began to fill up the room more and more by the second, threatening to drown Wrenn after too long.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:37 am

Nihility~Demons
Nihility Xitlalli
Shoggoth
Tyrian
Pix

Nihility ~A Bitter Rain - Apothecary Encounter~

Nihility smiled at the familiar feeling of sliding down a long path reminded her of the time when she sled down the snowy mound not too long ago.

Upon reaching the end, Nihility straightened her skirt and poked her head from behind the angered Queen.

"Now now", Nihility waved her hand in disagreement. "We talked about this. Less physical action and more verbal conversations."

Nihility stepped to the side and ruffled the Bicron's mane and continued to address the Queen.

"You all are finally together after such a long time. Killing one another will still leave questions unsolved and only lead to more distress for everyone."

Nihility walks over and places her right hand gently over the Queen's left.

"Let's first get to the bottom of it all before putting things under." Nihility sweetly smiles at her and then stares at Wren coldly. "Let us hear everyone's side of the story and then decide if drowning them further in their suffering is the way to go."

Nihility then also waves at the rest of the Vanguards.
"Oh, Hi guys. How has your day been going?" She asks with a wicked smile spread on her face. Though probably that's what it may look like to others, with her damp clothes and wet hair all over her face.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:01 am

Apothecary
--------------

The queen glanced over at Nihility her eyes filled with what appeared to be rage, but she gently closed her eyes her posture regaining its upright position and her muscle beginning to loosen. Her eyes opened again looking down at Wren drowning in the water, as she raised one of the eyebrows almost out of concern.

"You're right, it's unbecoming of me to act like this." Her eyes drifted towards Susano as the their eyes began to meet and lock on each other yet again. The beating of the rain began from the outside began to weaken, for almost a second before it began to beat down harder than before.

The water had become a colored and hypnotic velvet color, as the grip loosened on Wren causing her to break free of the grip gasping for air. The waves seemed to swell more and more, as it pushed and pulled Gad, Zeyphr, and Samael away as their alarmed gasps could be barely heard from the crashing waves.

"What's going on? The water isn't listening to me." Kushinada commented as she glanced over at Susano who seemed to be enraptured under the spell yet again as a single glass flower could be seen floating through the crashing tides glowing the same color as the hypnotic waves.

"Bountiful blessings!" Kushinada called out as a pure light blue rain fell in the room, as it seemed the crystal water protected her, Nihility, and Wren from the hypnotic water for the time being.

"Gale Force." Susanoo called out as he suddenly dashed towards Kushinada at lightning speed raising his sword above his head and swinging down towards the queen at an alarming speed.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:30 pm

Nihility~Demons
Nihility Xitlalli
Shoggoth
Tyrian
Pix

Nihility ~A Bitter Rain - Apothecary Encounter~ Susano

Amidst the tumultuous clash of steel and sorcery, Nihility's voice pierced through the cacophony like a clarion call of ancient lore. "Hold your stride, Buckaroo!" she roared, directing her words not to a companion but to the imposing figure of Susano.

With a swift and deliberate motion, she signaled to Tyrian, her majestic steed, whose eyes blazed with azure flames. As Tyrian's hooves met the ground with an ominous thud, a torrent of malevolent energy surged outward, threatening to disrupt Susano's formidable stance, destabilizing his footing.

Code:

[Spell Unleashed: Stampede]
:star2: Name: Stampede  
:star2: Level: ★★  
:star2: Target: AOE  
:star2: Type: Curse  
:star2: Effect: The very earth quivered in response as Tyrian's hooves resonated with dark power, releasing a shockwave of cursed magic designed to unsettle and stagger any adversary within its reach.

With her weapon unsheathed and shimmering like a wisp of twilight, Nihility positioned herself protectively before the Queen. Her gaze was resolute, a Vanguard's unspoken yet deeply felt vow prepared to thwart any impending threat that dared to challenge the safety of her liege.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:22 am

Apothecary
--------------

The ominous dark shockwave collided with Susano's torso, as the once confused god now full of fury only slightly reeled back from the attack.  His blow swung inches away from Nihility barely missing her, as a massive torrent of immense force roared out from the impact of the sword hitting the ground.

The tranquil rain droplets began shooting back into the cloud it came from with the flow of the force, as the queen placed her hand out in front of Susano, some of the light blue droplets being indistinguishable from the tears she was shedding.

"He's winding up for another attack!" Kushinada called out with a fearful tone in her voice, as she held up her hand, more maga crackling in the air at the sight of another spell.

Susano however didn't as he seemed to hesitate for a second, the healing rain seemingly seeping into his skin as he grew more and more confused that soon switched to panic.  He rose his sword in the air as his own maga crackled in resposne to Kushinada.

"Eye of the storm!" Susano yelled as a small tornado began to form around him causing the dark cloud of rain to swirl around and then vanish in the intense winds, as it remnants of the tranquil rain was smothered by the sickly green color of the poisoned waves below that began to be picked up by the winds and flayed throughout the room at every unfortune soul in sight.

Spoiler:

Kushinada Sheet

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:00 am

Nihility~Demons
Nihility Xitlalli
Shoggoth
Tyrian
Pix

Nihility ~A Bitter Rain - Apothecary Encounter~ Susano

As the sickly green waves of poison filled the room, Nihility knew she had to act fast. In the midst of turmoil, Nihility’s eyes sparkled with determination. Her hand confidently gripped the hilt of her whip sword, unfurling it with a swift, practised motion. The weapon shimmered like a beacon of hope in the eerie green light of the poisoned waves.

Tyrian, Fury Charge!” she commanded, her voice ringing out like a clarion call. Tyrian, her loyal steed, responded instantly. His horns glowed with maga as he charged towards Susano, his hooves drumming a rhythm of defiance against the ground.

At the same time, Nihility turned to Queen Kushinada, her voice steady and reassuring. “Your Majesty, we need your ‘Bountiful Blessings’ now more than ever. Can you cast it?”

Queen Kushinada nodded and began to chant, her voice a soothing melody amidst the chaos. As she did, Nihility sprang into action. She swung her whip sword towards Susano, the weapon slicing through the air with a precision that was nothing short of inspiring. The whip sword moved like a living creature, coiling and uncoiling, ready to strike at Nihility’s skilful wrist movements.

Meanwhile, Nihility’s whip sword lashed out, and Tyrian was closing in on Susano, his ‘Fury Charge’ spell propelling him forward with an unstoppable force. The air around him crackled with energy, the ground trembling under his charge; the outcome of their attacks hung in the balance. Yet, the tension in the room was tinged with anticipation, a testament to their unwavering resolve.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:38 pm

Zephyr Arc - Apothecary

Caught off guard by the sudden flood and subsequent waves, Zephyr was thrown about out of sorts in the churning basin of the Apothecary. As Nihility, protected by Kushinada, kept Susano-O from doing too much damage, it was clear they needed to do something before he eventually succeeded. He didn't need to imagine the mess that would come in the wake of that...

Stabbing his spear into the ground to finally gain some stability, Zephyr cast his buffs, topped off by Cherry's before leaping for Susano-O's position. He was now protected by a whirlwind, but he'd seen from Tyrian's earlier move that his magic likely didn't protect the ground beneath his feet. Aiming for that potential gap, Zephyr expanded his shield and struck the ground as close to Susaso-O as he could get, activating Earthshaker.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:04 am

Apothecary

--------------

Despite the recasting of the cloud that removed the aliment from before, Susano's eyes remained glazed and lost as they only seemed to widen when he realized he was suddenly surrounded. His look still seemed disinterested, but he quickly rose his sword pointing it at Zeyphr.  The god seemed disinterested in the charging creature and the intense shockwave that flew his way.

"Misty Visions." Susano muttered, as his body vanished like that of a fiend in the the dead of night, leaving only sick gray mist in his wake. The tremendous shockwaves collided with Tyrian battering Tyrian back towards Nihility with a tremendous roar of force barely emitting from the scream of the storm.

However, the fierce winds the protected Susanoo from the tranquil winds faded with his departure, as the fierce god returned directly in the tranquil rains from before.  

The lost deity reformed his sword inches away from Zeyphr's face, as he continued his swing only to  stop an inch away from Zeyphr's face causing an intense shockwave blowing back the vanguard with the sheer force of the blow.  The deity reeled back his blade placing his shaking him on his head, as he began to intensely clutch his head.

"Vanguard buy us time!"  Kushinada frantically shouted as she pointed at Zeyphr who was still close, as held out her hand and flicked her fingers when giant mutated vines erupted from the floor pulsating with maga.  a single flower bloomed from the vines colored with a wide assortment of colors as a small light blue waterfall teeming with maga began to flow from its petals.

"Overgrowth!" Kushinada called out, as she gestured Nihility towards the flower, "Drink the water, the energy it provides should be enough to get through his defenses."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain   Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain - Page 5 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Standard Mission: A Bitter Rain
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5