Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Nihility Xitlalli
014 - "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for our children."
~
~~
~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
Nihility|Shoggoth|Tyrian
~~~~~
~~~~
~~~
~~
~

They managed to dig out Jack and Tuck from under the rubble but he was unconscious. Nihility was going to order Shoggoth to heal him but then held back as the other's swooped in to take him to their hideout in the woods and treat his wounds over there. Plus, she doubted Shoggoth would sacrifice her life energy to heal this nobody that they had just met, even if Nihility pleaded with her.

"If I can't eat the little one or the sleeping oaf, then I'm just going to go sleep it off." Shoggoth turned away from the group and headed back to Nihility. "You can bet your Maga that you will pay for ordering me around like this." The Purple demon growled at Nihility as it slipped into the Vanguard Gauntlet on Nihility's left arm.

Nihility sighed and didn't comment. She followed the others into the Forest.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 21, 2020 5:33 pm

The group trekked some ways into the woods before they began to hear voices and the glow of what seemed to be a campfire. Robin Wind paused up ahead, eyeing the following Vanguards, then flew out into the clearing ahead. The voices picked up at the sight of him, joyous and relieved.

As soon as the Vanguards stepped out, however, the crowd fell silent. Cleo and Nihility could see a mix of faces around the clearing, all demons - Silkies, Pixies, Fomorians, Rolwoys, and others. They all began to back away, alarmed at the intruders, but Robin hovered higher into the air and held up his hands.

"Everyone, calm down. It's all right," he said. "They... come in peace."

He fixed the Vanguards with a stare, challenging them to disagree, before facing the crowd once more.

"Can we prepare a spare tent? They'll need somewhere to rest tonight. And get a spot in the medical tent prepared for this one," he said, pointing a thumb at Jack, still draped in Stutely's arms.

"I'll need some volunteers with healing spells," Allandale said, looking out across the group. A few other Silkies and Pixies came forward and followed her and Stutely to the medical tent.

Tamara made to follow after, but Robin held up a hand.

"Give 'em some space. They'll let you know when he's okay to visit."

Tamara sighed but nodded. Tuck, tugging on her pant leg, gazed up at her.

"C'mon, miss. Don't be sad. They'll fix him up. In the meantime, we can help get that tent set up."

Tamara glanced at the Vanguards, then followed Tuck away, leaving only the two Vanguards, Willet, and Robin behind.

"I guess you'll want an explanation," Robin said, a bit sulky. "Well, this is it."

He waved a hand around at the community of demons.

"They're refugees, all trying to escape the Ring of Gaea. They're trying to take in and subjugate all demons around for whatever their big plan is. I took them into my little gang, growing bigger and bigger lately. I have to look after 'em, and... well..."

He fixed Cleo and Nihility with a defiant look.

"You humans had the supplies and food we needed. So we started taking some. You guys know how to regroup crops and make things. These guys don't. I took from those who had more than they needed and gave it to those who didn't. And I'd do it again! And don't say you humans would have given us help if we'd asked. You'd have attacked us or stuffed us in your gauntlets. You know it's true."

He folded his arms and looked away as Willett sighed his head.

"It's not just Robin's fault," he said. "We all agreed to it, in the end. It seemed... safer that way. We avoided being seen or having to fight anyone, and we tried to take just enough to get by."

A Silky approached, gazing around at the group. Her gaze lingered on Cleo as she said, "The tent has been prepared. If you'll follow me..."

Robin floated up into the air, expression pensive. "We'll wrap this up in the morning then."

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Nihility Xitlalli
15 - Sleepless Nights
~
~~
~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
Nihility|Shoggoth|Tyrian
~~~~~
~~~~
~~~
~~
~

The fighting seized and things had gotten calmer. The trek into the MerryMen's clearing was done in silence. The area was filled with Demons. It was like staring at a small battalion. If they wanted, they could have easily raided a decent sized village. But at the same time, they could as easily protect one.

Nihility listened to Robin's explanation and looked around at the demons in the camp. On closer inspection, the lot of them didn't seem all that healthy and fit. It was more of a ruffed up gang of demons. He did say that they were refugees escaping from some sinister group going by the name, The Ring of Gaea. The Vanguards should probably look further into that.

Nihility was by now getting tired. She hadn't had the best of mornings. The mental and physical fatigue throughout the day had really exhausted her to the point where the many demons were starting to appear like a good source of replenishment.

The Silky's arrival stopped the famished vanguard who was about to start salivating over the potential meals she might have pounced upon like a feral beast.

"Ah, right. Thank you." Nihility nodded at the Silky who was eyeing Cleo.

"Yes, It's been a long day. We should all be at a better mindset, fresh in the morning. Have a good rest, Robin and Robin's friend." Nihility waved at the departing leader of the campsite and headed towards the tent that Tamara and Tuck had helped set up for the Vanguards.

"I appreciate the help from the two of you. Robin had some stuff to say about what's going on here, but we can all continue with that in the morning. Have a Good Night, for now." Nihility bid them well and went straight to lay down on to the sheets.

"It's best I try to calm myself down and stay clear from these demons. I wouldn't want to take advantage of any of them."

Now that she was alone with her thoughts, Nihility wished that she had brought some of the candies that Vayu had prepared for her. But then thinking back on that, it had her once again remembering how her morning started. And then the warning Shoggoth gave to her about getting even with her for making the demon work for free against its will.

Nihility shuddered as a chill passed over her. She bit her lips and clenched on the sheets tightly as she curled up her body and forced herself to fall asleep amid fighting back tears welling up in her eyes.

"It'll get better in the morning..."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 pm

- Cleo -

Cleo took a mental tally of the demons in the camp as they passed through. Nekomata was clearly doing the same, as her eyes kept darting back and forth between the tents.

"I wasn't expecting this many." She said, still seemingly distant.

"I don't know that any of us were, Kitten." Cleo rested his hand in the small of her back, and she leaned into him. "Their actions make a lot more sense now. It's no small task to feed this many."

As Tamara and Tuck departed, he turned to Robin, who finally appeared to be willing to talk things out. They listened in silence as Robin told his story. Cleo's fingers tightened at the mention of the Ring of Gaea. It was only a name he was familiar with in passing, something he'd heard Komori discussing with Thoth, but what he'd heard hadn't been good.

"While I can respect your reasons, I still stand by the fact that stealing the supplies wasn't the right answer." Cleo sighed, running a hand through his hair. For a moment, his fingers brushed over the ridge of a horn underneath, and he paused, considering their options.

A Silky approached them to inform them that the Vanguards' tent was prepared, although it was hard to miss the fact that she clearly wasn't inviting Cleo to stay in it. Nekomata must not have missed it either because Cleo suddenly felt a single claw dig into the skin of his ribcage.

"Before we turn in for the night, I think there's something you don't understand properly." Cleo scratched the back of Nekomata's neck, and the claw withdrew. "Kitten, would you tell our floating friend here who forced you to be bonded to a Vanguard?"

She blinked once or twice, the beginnings of a purr starting in her chest, and he stopped scratching her neck. "Kitten?"

"Hmm? Right." She cleared her throat. "No one forced me to be bonded to a Vanguard. I volunteered."

Reaching up with the hand between them, she brushed Cleo's arm away, giving him a look that told him to take a step back. "Combat is where I excel, and there aren't a lot of ways to do that when living with humans. So, joining with a Vanguard was the obvious solution."

"Not to mention," she eyed the Silky standing nearby, "there are other benefits. However, that's not the best course of action for all demons. We all have our talents to contribute to a common society."

"For the sake of those that look up to you," Cleo gestured to the camp around them, "you might want to consider what it looks like to join that society. Due to your previous actions, that might not be an easy process, but I think it's something everyone involved can benefit from."

"Think about it, and we'll talk more tomorrow." Cleo turned his smile towards the waiting Silky. Her eyes wandered over to Nekomata for a second, but her grin returned only a moment later. "If you'd be so kind as to show us the way." He motioned for her to lead.

"It will be my pleasure..."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Sat May 23, 2020 12:34 am

Robin floated sulkily, watching as the Vanguards departed.

"Hmph..."

He curled up in midair, hugging his legs and resting his chin on his knees. Still seated by the campfire, Willet sighed.

"He might have a point," he said, poking at the embers to keep the flames going. "This setup... I don't know if it's sustainable in the long run."

Robin grunted noncommittally, gazing off into the woods. He knew that. He might look like a kid, but that didn't mean he was naive or ignorant about the reality of their situation.

"No one will think any less of you as a leader," Willett added. "Sometimes, a good leader needs to know when to compromise. And when to share the burdens of leadership."

Robin slowly sank to the ground, sitting back to back with Willett, the air coming off the forest cool against his face. He opened his mouth to say something, but there didn't seem to be anything he could say. Or maybe, there wasn't a need to say anything. So they remained in silence, save for the crackling of the logs.

--------------------------------------------------

Tamara wiped off her hands, nodding with some satisfaction at how the tent had come together.

"Heh, that was easy," Tuck said, scratching at his nose. "With everyone pitching in and all."

Tamara smiled. "Yes... many hands make the burden light."

Tuck blushed as she patted his head, then looked off into the distance.

"You wanna see him?" the little demon asked.

Tamara clasped her hands, nodding. But before they could leave, Nihility strolled up, looking tired.

"Yes, get some rest," she said pleasantly. "You deserve it."

After Nihility had disappeared into the tent, she looked around but didn't see Cleo. Well, she was sure he was fine. Jack needed her concern more right now.

"You think it's safe to see him yet?" she asked.

Tuck nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure they've patched him just fine by now." He took her hand and pulled. "Come on, I'll take you."

Smiling, Tamara let Tuck take the lead.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Sat May 23, 2020 4:04 am

- Cleo -

"You smell like clean bed sheets." Nekomata grumbled into Cleo's chest, lightly scraping her claws down his chest.

"Did you consider that maybe it's actually the clean bed sheets?" Cleo asked, pulling her closer against him.

"Not for a second." She rested her forehead against his neck, breathing against his skin.

For several moments, they laid there in silence. Normally, Cleo would have found some form of contentment in that, but something else was definitely on Nekomata's mind. She had been more distant than usual since their arrival in the camp.

"You should take one of them." The words were strained, almost as if she'd forced them past her lips.

"Considering Robin's stance on that kind of thing, I don't think sending one of his people to the forge would go over well." Cleo chuckled, but Nekomata didn't join in.

"That's not what I meant." Her claws moved mindlessly against his chest, drawing an intricate pattern on his skin. "There are so many demons in this camp, and most of them are stronger than I am."

"Are you suggesting I pick a new partner and set you free?" Cleo squeezed her shoulder, somehow needing to feel her close to him.

"I don't want to be free of you." She nipped at his neck with her fangs. "But I'm also not looking to cripple you by holding you back."

"What are you asking, Kitten?"

"You already know." Nekomata nipped again, harder this time. "I can't support you if I'm outclassed, but there is a way I can always be by your side. So, grant me this last, selfish request. Let me become your strength."

"You're certain?" He asked, rubbing his hand over her shoulder.

"Don't doubt my resolve." She sat up, straddling him, and ran her claws through his hair, pausing only briefly on the ridges of his horns. "You're a special man, Cleo. One day, I hope you see that."

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the stillness of the night, Cleo sat by the dying fire. It was well past midnight now, and he should still be in bed, but he couldn't stay comfortable. After their heavy discussion, he and Nekomata had shared an emotional goodbye. Even if he returned to bed now, she wouldn't be there. So, instead, he chose to sit out here, watching the glowing coals dance in the shadows.

Spoiler:

At first, he wasn't sure what he was hearing. It was almost like a dream. The strong chords of an angelic voice seemed to wrap around his torso and pull Cleo to his feet. Around him, the camp remained motionless, cloaked in slumber, but the song only built in the cool air around him.

Higher and higher the volume seemed to rise, and Cleo moved towards the source as if he were a puppet, pulled on a string. Only when he reached the edge of the camp did he see others. A group of Silkies stood just beyond the furthest tent, watching something in the distance, as if entranced. At this very moment, Cleo could relate to their plight.

Stepping around the final tent, Cleo saw a single Silky, swaying in the clearing. With her arms spread wide and face turned upwards, she sang to the sky, serenading the moon and stars.

As if they'd just noticed his presence, several of the Silkies startled, motioning for him to step back into the shadows. He was certain that a confused look must have passed across his face right before the song died, cut short abruptly.

His eyes shot back to the clearing, only to find the Silky with both hands covering her mouth, a look of shock and despair on her face. A moment later, she darted behind a tree, although if she'd been seeking to hide from him, she should have picked a larger one.

"I'm sorry." He moved towards her, only now realizing that the other Silkies had vanished along with the music. "I didn't mean to interrupt."

A pair of frightened, blue eyes peered around the tree.

"Please. Continue." Cleo gestured towards her.

The Silky shook her head violently in response, but at least she didn't try to hide again.

"You have a beautiful voice." It was hard to tell in the darkness, but Cleo was fairly certain the Silky turned a bright shade of red before shaking her head again.

"Do you have a name?" He asked, finally reaching the point where he could see her around the tree.

She nodded once.

"Would you tell it to me?"

The Silky shook her head again, and Cleo put a hand over his heart, feigning pain. "Ouch."

Looking concerned and a little confused, the Silky ran over to him and pulled his hand aside, checking his chest.

"It was a joke. I'm not actually in pain." Cleo chuckled, and the Silky cocked her head to one side, looking even more confused.

"You don't talk much. Do you?" He asked, giving her a crooked grin.

Another shake of her head was her only response.

"Spend the evening with me?" Cleo grasped her hand, gently pulling her towards him.

She looked to be somewhere between amused and terrified by the proposition.

"Please? I could use a friend tonight."

After studying him for several seconds, she nodded once. Then, to his surprise, and probably her own as well, the Silky wrapped both hands around one of Cleo's and pulled him towards one of the dying fires.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Sat May 23, 2020 6:41 pm

Tamara brushed aside the tent flap of the medical station, peering inside. Most of the other healers had already left, but Allanadale was still there, watching over Jack. She looked up at the sound of Tuck's and Tamara's footsteps, smiling gently.

"Is he...?" Tamara began.

In reply, Jack propped himself up on his elbows, smiling sheepishly. "Still alive."

"Try not to move too much," Allanadale said, easing him back down. "You should be healed, but your body still needs the rest."

Jack sighed and nodded, cheeks reddening slightly as Tamara came up beside him and took his hand. Allanadale, carefully keeping herself from smiling too widely, glided gracefully to the tent entrance.

"Tuck, let's give them some privacy," she replied.

"But-!" Tuck protested.

She fixed with that same look she'd given Robin, placid but absolutely resolute. Tuck kicked the ground and shuffled off behind her, stopping in the tent entrance.

"Mister..." he murmured, looking back. "Thanks."

Jack nodded, offering a smile that was a bit uncertain. When the demons had left, he looked over at Tamara, still holding his hand.

"That was very brave of you," she said. "And selfless."

Jack avoided her gaze, reddening. "It was nothing."

"No, it wasn't." She squeezed his hand more tightly. "Especially since..." She hesitated, unsure whether this was the best time to bring it up. "Since it was a demon. I thought... What changed your mind?"

Jack shrugged, staring up at the ceiling. "I guess... I thought about what you said. I can't pretend it doesn't still hurt on some level, what happened with my village... my dad. But that doesn't make them all that different from us. And he is just a kid, despite everything else. I couldn't just let him get crushed."

He stopped short when he felt Tamara's lips press against his cheek.

"Thanks to you, I think all this madness will finally stop," she said. "I hope the Vanguards can work something out with the Merry Men tomorrow. There's no reason we can't help each other."

"Yeah..." he sighed. "Maybe."

Tamara shifted around in the chair, making herself comfortable. Jack raised an inquisitive brow, and she laughed.

"Well, someone needs to stay nearby in case you need something."

"You're sleeping here?" he choked out.

"Of course." She stroked his arm gently. "Go on, rest. I'll be here if you need anything."

"R-right." Good luck with that. Aware of every breath and movement she made, Jack found himself staring up at the ceiling, thinking about the demons around them and all Tamara had said.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Sun May 24, 2020 1:26 pm

The next morning, the camp began to slowly come to life as the demons went about their roles and tasks. The tantalizing smell of food began to waft from over the campfire, drawing out Jack and Tamara, who insisted on supporting him even though he didn't think he needed it. When they arrived, they found Tuck sitting on a log near the fire, humming to himself. He perked up at the sight of Tamara, then became slightly mellow at seeing Jack beside her.

"Umm... mister," he began, but Jack silenced him with a pat to the head.

"We smelled something good," he said, looking around. "What's for breakfast?"

"Well..." Tuck said sheepishly, and Jack realized it was probably food they'd taken from the nearby villages.

"Can we sit with you?" Tamara asked, once more skirting the awkwardness as she took a seat on the log near Tuck. He beamed at her, scooting closer instead of farther away, leaving Jack to sit halfway on, halfway off the log with a resigned sigh.

Robin floated up a few minutes later, followed by Allanadale, Willett, and Stutely.

"Eat up," he said. "We'll be having a council meeting after breakfast, and we expect to see you both there."

He glanced at Jack and pursed his lips. "And... thanks again."

Jack scratched his head and nodded, then spotted the Vanguards approaching. That was a relief. Maybe with them around, the attention would be off of him a little more...

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Sun May 24, 2020 2:38 pm

Nihility Xitlalli
16 - Sweet
~
~~
~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
Nihility|Shoggoth|Tyrian
~~~~~
~~~~
~~~
~~
~

Nihility slowly opened her tired eyes. Her exhaustion from last night was still lingering in her body. She remembered that it had taken her quite some time to fall asleep. But it sure felt like she didn't have much of it.

While stretching her sore muscles, she noticed the scent of cooked stew inside the tent. The chatter outside grew louder as Nihility pushed through the tent's flap and exited out into the camp. She spotted Tamara and Jack next to the campfire. A heated pot over the fire, the source of the earlier scent.

The young woman walked over to get close to the warm fire and greeted the group.

"Morning to you all."

After taking a seat on a tree stump she nodded at Jack, "Glad to see the man of the hour is back on his feet. You did well out there. We are only here because of your selfless bravery."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Mon May 25, 2020 6:03 pm

- Cleo -

From where he sat, propped against a tree, Cleo watched the group by the fire. He'd awoken just before dawn to the fading warmth on one side that suggested his new friend had only just abandoned him right before he came to. For such a quiet woman, she'd been surprisingly good company the previous night. Just by being a silent presence against his side, she'd helped settle his mind in a way that Cleo hadn't experienced since before his nightmare some weeks ago now.

He took a deep breath and chuckled to himself. "I really do smell like clean bed sheets." Fighting off a yawn from too much talking and not enough sleep, Cleo pushed himself to his feet and wandered towards the group. It looked like breakfast might be a slightly controversial topic, but the food was already cooked. So, at this point, it was either eat it or let it go to waste. Cleo accepted a bowl that was handed to him and sat by the fire to eat it.

He nodded to the others but remained silent as they made small talk. The discussion they really needed to have wasn't one for an empty stomach, and Cleo didn't want to be the one to cause unnecessary tension before breakfast was completed. Besides, he still had a lot on his mind. A Silky crouched beside him, offering Cleo a chunk of bread and a flirtatious smile. "Thank you." He took the bread with a grin, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Let me know if you need anything else." Her hand lingered on his shoulder for a moment before she moved away with a soft giggle, weaving through the others to offer bread from the basket on her arm.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Tue May 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Jack flushed and scratched the back of his head, offering an embarrassed smile as Tamara once more beamed at him.

"Are you certain you're feeling well enough?" Allanadale asked, taking a seat nearby.

"Really, I'm fine. No need to fuss," Jack insisted.

"You heard him. No more fussing," Robin interjected, glaring around at his group.

They fell into relative silence, only injecting comments here and there as they ate. The rest of Robin's entourage seemed to be keeping a distance, unsure as to how the presence of these humans would affect things. Besides Robin, most of the core Merry Men seemed reasonably warmed up to the group... for the most part. Stutely seemed content to blithely eat and ignore the happenings around him, and Tuck was determinedly pretending the Vanguards didn't exist, focusing all his attentions on Tamara and Jack. Willett and Allanadale both amicably chatted with the Vanguards, though neither were big conversationalists.

Once everyone's plates had been cleared, Robin took to the air and looked down on all them.

"All right, I think it's time. Let's go."

He took off past the trees, and the other four Merry Men followed, leading the humans with them. They moved past the clearing with all the tents to a smaller clearing, where a ring of tree stumps had been placed in the earth. Robin perched atop Stutely's large shoulder as the Vanguards, Jack, and Tamara took seats around the stumps left open once the Merry Men had taken theirs.

"Obviously, we're at an impasse," Robin began. "Personally, I think we should settle this with a winner-takes-all archery match." He strummed the string on his bow.

"Robin." Allanadale fixed him with her cool, placid stare.

"But..." he sighed, "some of the others think we should... 'negotiate.'"

Willett and Allanadale glanced at the Vanguards to see their response. Tuck, seated on Tamara's lap, craned his head back to stare up into her face.

"So, name your terms," Robin finished, waving an impatient hand.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm

- Cleo -

From his seat, Cleo smirked at the cheeky demon. "While I'm certain an archery match would be entertaining, I'm glad your associates talked you out of it. Negotiation can be rather boring, but I think there's something to be gained here for everyone."

Leaning forward, Cleo rested his elbows on his knees, weaving his fingers together in front of him. "According to you, the reason that your group resorted to theft was that you were incapable of generating the supplies yourselves."

"We humans have an old saying. Give a man a meal, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

"So, here's my offer. The human villagers will teach you how to grow crops and live off the land. In exchange, you can offer them things that you are good at; healing, physical labor, and protection from other demons."
He gestured to Allanadale, Stutely, and Robin, each in turn.

"Housing might be a bit of an issue at first, since that takes time to put in place, but your camp seems well equipped for dealing with it in the meantime."

"You would be no different than the human citizens of the village, as far as the law is concerned, and the other villages you've stolen from would be recompensed from your first harvest."

He leaned back, straightening his spine. "The Vanguards were called to stop the robberies, but we weren't directly told to kill anyone. So, the way I see it, this solves your issues and we can go back home with our mission accomplished."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Wed May 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Robin and the Merry Men stared at Cleo, all showing varying signs of surprise. But it was Robin who spoke - or rather, blew up - first.

"What?" he cried, taking to the air. "You actually want us to... work together?"

Allanadale folded her hands and nodded slowly. "I think it's a fair deal."

Willett sighed and scratched his head with his staff. "There will be some growing pains, no doubt, but... it might be for the best."

Stutely merely bleated and scratched his head. He didn't seem to mind much one way or the other.

"I guess this means we'll get to see more of each other," Tuck chirped, beaming up at Tamara.

"I guess it does," Jack said.

Tamara and Tuck blinked, looking over at him. Swallowing, Jack stood up and looked around at the group.

"I've decided... to stay on here, at least for now. Nobody in all the lands can grow like I can," he said tapping his trusty shovel. "I can help the villages and the Merry Men regrow and replenish their food stores."

Tamara laced her fingers with his. "You're really staying?"

"Yeah..." he said a bit uncertainly, then straightened up. "Yeah, I am."

The other Merry Men warmly cheered this, all except Robin, who gaped down on them in disbelief.

"You're all really okay with this?" he muttered, sinking back down onto Stutely's shoulder.

[A: Be happy. It's a sign of good faith.
B: Be grateful. You deserve worse.]

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 28, 2020 3:09 am

[A: Be happy. It's a sign of good faith.]

- Cleo -

"Would you prefer to not work together with humans, even if it's to the detriment of your men?" Cleo asked, giving Robin a pointed look. "We could easily have just imprisoned or executed you all for thievery, but this solution works better for everyone involved, and it's not like you were taking things for the fun of it."

"This is your opportunity to make a better life for all the demons following you, and I suggest you take all of them into consideration before you slap the outstretched hand."
Having dealt with unruly drunks at the bar before, Cleo had seen this kind of attitude before, although the prejudice was usually being show towards a demon by a human. Nena made it a point to shut down that kind of thing pretty quickly, and most of the Vanguards had helped her toss at least one person out in the street. To be honest, even Chaldea wasn't a perfect society. Humans and Demons still weren't used to living together in close quarters, but the change had to start somewhere.

"Now, are we going to celebrate a deal, or what? I'd really prefer not to get called back out here to deal with you lot again. Imprisoning the down on their luck just doesn't sit right with me."
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 28, 2020 11:48 am

Nihility Xitlalli
17 - Like wer'e
~
~~
~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
Nihility|Shoggoth|Tyrian
~~~~~
~~~~
~~~
~~
~
B: Be grateful. You deserve worse.

After the short breakfast, Robin led the group further into the camp for the council meeting. It didn't take long for him to start getting on Nihility's nerves. No surprise there.

Cleo's vanguard partner wasn't really having it. For some reason, her mind wasn't at peace. Maybe it was something they fed her. Was the meal poisoned? She took a short glance to study Cleo. He seemed alright while scolding the little green jacket twerp. Maybe it was one of the others? No, they all seemed to be focusing on what was going on in the meeting, additionally, she herself had scooped up the contents in the pot, no one directly gave her anything. Then what was this feeling that was creeping up from within her?

Before she knew it, her mouth was moving and words came out. Her voice sounding hollow and menacing.

"Just take the deal you little twerp if you know what's best for you, or we'll put someone sensible in charge. You twerp, sure deserve worse for what you've put your clan through and made me spend my day on. I have places to be and more important things to do than waste my time on a demon who is scared of change." Nihility snarled and then with a mischievous grin she added, "But if you are willing, I'll be happy to drain some of your Maga too, as compensation."

The woman's mind felt a bit hazy and her head heavy. What was she doing here in the first place? She brought her right hand up to her temple to rub it.

The twig in Nihility's left hand snapped and dropped next to her feet. She hadn't realized she was gripping it so tightly. Bowing her head down, her sight fell onto what was staring up at her.
Spoiler:

Scrambling up onto her feet, Nihility stared down at the image etched into the ground. The remaining piece of the twig slipped from her sweaty palm. The sound of it hitting the ground rang in her ears but it felt it rang for muck longer as if it was further away or time had slowed down.

"Did I make that?" She questioned herself as fear quickly crept into her.

Nihility clutched her chest as part of the scorched image twisted and morphed.
Spoiler:

"Wuh- what is going on!?" Nihility stammered in a panicked voice.

She looked around at the others but they were only gawking at her. She pointed at the hideous image on the forest floor. "Dn-Don't you see that?" She asked a bit hysterical.

She looked at her hands and they appeared to be smeared with bloody dirt. She furiously rubbed them together but the blood didn't want to come off.

"Aaah!" Nihility shrieked in agony as her forehead burst in pain as if an arrow just pierced through. "Who shot at me!!?" She screamed accusingly.

The female vanguard clawed at the point, her nails digging deep. Her eyes fell back onto the monstrosity in the dirt. The central location mirroring the place where she felt her own pain, it was pulsing with another image constructed out of coloured Maga and tendrils. Blood streaked down the face from the third socket. Nihility herself felt warm blood trickle down her forehead from where she had scratched.
Spoiler:

Nihility unwrapped her whip-sword and wildly slashed away at the image. No matter how many times the whip scraped away at the ground, the face which seemed to be unscathed continued jeering at her.

"Stop laughing at me!!"

Nihility could hear cackling laugher in her head. She tried to block it out by covering both her ears but it only grew louder. She looked around and everyone was laughing at her. Her mother was shaking her head, disgust in her eyes. Her cousins making crude hand gestures and snickering. The rest of the people at her settlement surrounded and shouted at her, but their words were indistinguishable.

"When... did I get back here?" Nihility questioned in a weak voice but not directed at anyone.

A cloud of dust spread out as the distraught woman's knees buckled and she crashed down onto the dirt. "Scion, where are you?" She asked in a broken voice. "Make it stop..." her voice turning into a whimper.

"It's only you and me against the world, say the word and we'll devour them all." Shoggoth's venomous voice slithered around her ears as the serpentine image in Nihility's vision shifted around in the dirt.

"Just leave me alone." The tormented woman sighed with her energy waining every second she fought to keep her eyes open.

Nihility slouched down, wrapping her arms around her slim frame, her hand slipped over the gauntlet as she hugged herself. The Vanguard gauntlet glowed for a second before energy manifested out of it and travelled onto the ground beside the limp woman.

Tyrian's purple body and icy-blue mane materialized next to Nihility. He neighed and stomped at the ground with his snowy hoves.

"Sir, Cleo, please help by placing my lady onto my back. She seems to be drained out. I will carry her back to Chaldea. She'll be able to safely recover her lost Maga at there." The wilder demon's red eyes locked with the male vanguard as he pleaded for his help.

The horned steed nudged Nihility's shoulder softly, "It's going to be okay, I am out here now. Please rest, my lady. I'll take you back to Chaldea."

Nihility slowly raised her head and looked up at her other Demon partner. Her eyes seemed to be clouded and her vision filled with mist. But she recognized his voice and his strong Maga which whiffed into her mind. "Tyrian...?" The name of her demon escaped her weak lips before her sight went dark and her body fell on to the ground next to the beast's hooves.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Alignment Check:

Spoiler:

Robin looked away at Cleo's words, sliding off Stutely's shoulder and floating down to the ground.

"So... I guess this is it then," he sighed. "The Merry Men are... disbanding?"

Tuck, Willett, Allanadale, and Stutely exchanged looks.

"Of course not," Willett said. "We're cooperating, not giving up our identity."

"The Merry Men stick together. That's what you taught us," Allanadale said sweetly.

"And we still need our leader!" Tuck declared, raising his fist.

Robin stared around at them, startled as Stutely's hand came down to clumsily pat his head. Tamara beamed along with the Merry Men, and even Jack could feel his lips twitching into a smile.

"You guys..." he murmured, wiping his face hurriedly. "Well then... I guess..."

Nihility's voice interrupted the proceedings with a scathing condemnation of Robin. He looked like he was tempted to get riled up once more, but the Nihility began to act erratically, shouting and swinging and pointing at things that didn't seem to be there. The Merry Men backed off, and Tamara and Jack shied away as things got worse until Nihility collapsed.

"Is she...?" Tamara began to as Nihility's Bicorn scooped her up and spoke to Cleo.

Jack shook his head, uncertain, as it seemed an urgent return to Chaldea was needed. The Merry watched the care with which the Bicorn treated his partner, surprised by his devotion. Allanadale, the first to break the tight cluster of Merry Men, came over to Nihility's side and laid a gentle hand across her forehead.

"This is beyond something a simple healing spell can fix," she said. "I'm sorry. Perhaps it is best you return to Chaldea."

The Merry Men gave somewhat muted goodbyes, still somewhat shaken by Nihility's outburst. Willett gave a little handshake to Cleo, and Allanadale gave him a kiss on the cheek. Stutely lifted a clumsy hand and waved, and even Tuck grudgingly nodded. Only Robin remained silent and impassive, watching as the two Vanguards departed.

"We'll accompany you back," Jack offered, and he and Tamara followed the two of them out of the grotto.

As they returned to the main camp to collect their things, Robin suddenly flew through the trees, stopping in front of Cleo.

"Listen, you need to know something," he said, folding his arms. "I know what you said back there, but the truth is, demons and humans can't always coexist."

Jack frowned. "Robin-"

"I'm not talking about us!" Robin interjected sharply, glancing at Nihility. "I don't know what the circumstances here are, but that demon she contracted with is no good for her. For anyone. If you care about her, you'll find a way to get rid of it... before it's too late."

With an uncharacteristically somber expression, he nodded and flew back toward his group.

"And... thanks."

With that, he disappeared through the trees.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 pm

[Taking a Silky]

- Cleo -

The group's mood shifted drastically with the collapse of Nihility, and Cleo muttered a curse as he gently lifted her from the ground. He'd like to think that if his own night hadn't been quite so emotional, he might have noticed that something was wrong, but given what he'd seen of Nihility so far, it was difficult to believe that things concerning her were ever quite right.

Allanadale inspected the shockingly light woman in his arms, and Cleo frowned when she said whatever plagued his fellow Vanguard was beyond her healing capabilities. Judging from her demon's reaction, this wasn't something new though. He'd definitely be having a chat with Thoth about that when they got back to Chaldea. As gently as possible, he laid Nihility across the Bicorn's back.

"Thank you." Cleo said to Allanadale, giving her a sad smile. "As much as I hate to leave in a hurry, I think heading back to Chaldea might be a good idea for my partner here."

"Tyrian, was it?"
He addressed the Bicorn. "If you'd take her to the edge of the camp, I'll fetch her things and meet you there."

With a final wave to the group, Cleo made his way back through the camp to collect Nihility's gear, as well as his own. Much to his surprise, Robin followed them, and while Cleo didn't like the direction of the demon's thoughts, he couldn't reasonably dismiss them right now. Perhaps Nihility's demon companion was bad for her, but it wasn't his place to determine that. This kind of thing fell to the instructors and the council.

"We heard your friend isn't doing so well." The musical voice drew Cleo's attention, and he turned to see the group of Silkies from the night before standing to one side of the path leading through the camp. "Perhaps you should take one of us with you to oversee her health during the journey?" The speaker stepped forward, running a finger down his chest to hook it beneath his pack's shoulder strap.

Several of the others in the group giggled, a light and airy sound. "While I'm sure several of us would be happy to volunteer," she met his eyes with a hungry gaze, "there's something to be said for helping out one of our own." Smirking, she pulled him forward, pointing towards the one Silky hidden halfway behind a tent.

Allowing a real smile to develop for the first time all morning, Cleo strode through the crowd towards the Silky, whose eyes widened when she realized that not only could he see her, but he was also approaching.

"I wondered where you'd gotten off to." Cleo said, leaning his shoulder against the tent pole so that he was right beside her.

The Silky blushed and turned her head away.

"How about joining me for a little adventure?"

She cautiously looked in his direction, tilting her head in contemplation.

"Please? I could still use a friend." He held out a hand, and she one of hers to her chin, clenching her fingers together while she deliberated. For several seconds they stood like that before she suddenly nodded and her hand slowly descended into his.

"You won't regret it, Nightingale."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Jack and Tamara followed Tyrian and his unconscious burden to the edge of the camp, waiting until Cleo arrived with everything he and Nihility needed to depart.

"I'm sorry you have to rush off so suddenly," Tamara said, glancing at the other woman. "I hope when she wakes up, you tell her we said thank you. For both of you, really. And don't worry about us... I think we're going to be okay now."

Jack nodded, shaking Cleo's hand. "And if you don't mind, could you stop by my Ma's place and let her know I'm okay and will be back? I'd appreciate it. Don't want her fussing or anything."

Tamara smiled at him. "I've never been to Chaldea. I'd like to see it someday."

Jack cleared his throat. "Well, maybe when things are running smoothly here, we could... you know, visit it together?"

"I'd like that," she said, giggling.

There was a pause before they both realized Cleo was still there, watching them.

"Anyway!" Jack said loudly. "Take care, and good travels!"

He and Tamara waved as Cleo and the Bicorn disappeared through the trees back toward home. The question of whether demons and humans could always coexist still lingered as Cleo rode on, Nihility's unconscious form a warm and constant reminder. But for the Merry Men and these villages, at least, the prospect seemed hopeful.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11Thu May 28, 2020 10:14 pm

- A Few Days Later -

Benji and Boggs skulked at the watchtower, watching as demons came and went freely between the village and the woods where they maintained their camp. They carried off some vegetables, which Jack had planted along the edge of town and brought up with unnatural speed, as he continued to direct both humans and demons on where and what to plant more. More and more, those Merry Men seemed to be making themselves at home around town. And despite some initial skittishness, the townspeople seemed to be warming up to them.

"I can't believe this," Boggs muttered. "They steal from us, and we just throw open the gates for them."

"No kidding," Benji sighed. "Well, this doesn't change anything. We're still the town's guard! And we'll stay vigilant for the day this town comes to its senses."

A voice called from down below, and the twins peered out to see Tamara, who had just been joined by Jack.

"What do you want?" Boggs asked.

"Come down. I have a surprise," Tamara said cheerily.

The twins exchanged skeptical looks, but trudged down past Rufus' snoring form. When they made it outside, they crossed their arms and gave her a pointed look.

"I know you two have been moody about failing to defend the town from the Merry Men's thieving attempt," Tamara said. "So I arranged some training sessions for you, to help get you guys stronger."

"Training?" Boggs muttered.

"With who?" Benji asked.

Jack and Tamara exchanged grins, then stepped aside to reveal Robin, wearing an even larger grin.

"YOU?!" the twins cried, jabbing their fingers toward him.

"That's right," Robin said, bobbing through the air. "In the interest of cooperation, I agreed to help beef up the town's defenses, starting with you two."

He brought up his fingers and whistled. The twins froze as a shadow loomed over them from behind. Turning, they came face to face with Stutely, with Tuck and Willett perched on either shoulder. Allanadale, mouth covered to hide her laugh, winked over at Tamara and Jack.

"Merry Men, let's whip these two lumps of clay into shape!" Robin said, taking aim with his bow as the rest of the Merry Men charged forward.

The twins cowered. "Wait... that's.... aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces   Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Standard Mission: Robin Wind and his Merry Menaces
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3