Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Empty
PostSubject: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Fiend-Hunt-banner

Rumors have been circulating of a demon loudly rampaging in the wilderness near the ruins of an Old World city. Investigate the rumors and report back to Chaldea.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Trapped. Still trapped.

Bastion paced his room, sighing. The others had been sent on missions, and he was still kept here in the barracks.

"Be patient," Archangel chided, hovering in the corner. "All of this is according to the Great Will. The plans and devices of man can do nothing to hold that back. The time will come-"

Bastion stopped. "The time is now," he murmured, his voice vacant. The room around him dimmed, and he could feel a pull from outside his room. Go... he needed to go, now.

"Bastion-"

Before Archangel could finish, Bastion returned him to the gauntlet and hurried from his room.

------------------------------------------------

"So nice to finally meet you in person. We don't often have visitors."

Samael stood in the center of the Council chamber, looking up at three Council members in their seats. They were all strikingly beautiful, with white hair, tanned skin, and golden eyes. There was something about them all, beyond their physical similarities, that seemed to be the same. It was a kind of aura, a kind of presence, that hung about them. It spoke of wisdom, of age, of power.

The figure on Samael's left, the one who had spoken, in greeting, smiled.

Spoiler:

"I am Malak. This is Talia and Caius."

Caius gave Samael the slightest of nods. Talia, off to the right, did not smile and remained staring at Samael, sizing him up.

Spoiler:

"We have summoned you here to make a very special request," Malak went on. "We believe you uniquely suited to the role for a few reasons. For one, you've quite skillfully convinced everyone in Chaldea that you are, in fact, a man."

Samael could almost detect a glint in Malak's eyes as he said this, even as a smile curled the corners of his lips at the Vanguard's look of shock.

"No need to be alarmed. How you choose to present yourself is entirely your choice. We have no intention of revealing your little secret. However, we would ask that you put these very talents to use for us."

"Get to the point, Malak," Talia interjected, frowning.

Malak chuckled. "Ah, yes. My apologies." He looked down at Samael. "We would like you to act as an informant for us on your teammates, particularly Bastion and Cleo. I can appreciate that this might be difficult for you, but having been present during Mother Harlot's unveiling, I'm sure you can appreciate the severity of the situation. We've never had need to deploy informants into the Vanguard ranks, so this is uncharted waters for all of us. But we trust your discretion in these matters."

There was a pause, and finally Caius spoke, his expression sympathetic.

Spoiler:

"This is not a decision to make likely, and certainly not one we would wish to force upon you," he said. "But we do require your answer now. And whatever you choose, we will honor your answer."

Malak and Talia exchanged looks, not seeming to agree with this sentiment, but not willing to dissent either. All three sets of eyes fell upon Samael, awaiting his decision.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:03 pm

Samael

Trapped. Still trapped.

is what Samael had thought for the longest time among his illusions and disguises. Never being able to be himself, but at the same time fearing the vunerability that he would feel if he ever lowered his guard. It was easier, safer to take another persona, that way if anyone hurt you it would be against something that wasn't really you, and you'd be safe.

Still, Samael stood in front of the council for what seemed like an eternity.  His mouth widely agape even though his disguise stood there stoically, he body and disguise beginning to synchronize until eventually the maga couldn't upkeep with the sudden demand and dispersed the illusion.

Spoiler:

"Well... I guess I should introduce myself if you don't know already.  My name is Monet."  Sam... Monet said in a jumbled tone, as she struggled to find words to address the situation.  Her face was flushed, and it felt like she wasn't in the right body.  Her personality felt jumbled, like she didn't have a firm foundation on how to act... like a child struggling to find their place in the world.

Though, there was one feeling she knew for sure.  She knew that she was concerned with Bastion's actions.... So her answer was as clear as day.

"I don't need time, I've seen the actions of those two.  Even if it seems wrong, I will keep an eye on them for their own safety."  Monet responding with a resolute nod while placing her right hand on her heart. Though, she her the sound of a footstep behind her only for her to turn around and see Goki standing their with his arms crossed nodding like a proud parent, his new sheath sitting at his side.

"So you've finally showed your true self Samael." Goki said in an overly gruff voice, as he rose his head up to Samael his arms overly buffed and flexed, as he continued to say "Now we really are the dynamic duo!"

Samael didn't know what to say at this exchange, how did Goki already know that he was a she?  And also what's with the overly gruff voice, as Monet quickly held out her gauntlet and sent him back inside as she turned back to the council, a slight smirk lingering on her face.

"So, what do we do now?"  Monet curiously asked waiting for an answer from the three powerful figures who now seemed stronger than ever.  But, now the strength they had seemed to give her a sense of exhilaration, a desire to do whatever they wanted no matter what it may be.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Bastion moved more on instinct than thought as he entered the Council Citadel. He'd never been here, and wouldn't have dared otherwise. But he felt driven here and couldn't bring himself to stop to think about it.

"Bastion?"

Bastion came to a halt in a hall outside an ornate set of doors, staring up at Komori.

"Komori, sir." Bastion inclined his head, slightly breathless. "You've just been given the latest mission assignment, right?"

"Yes..." Komori frowned. "But how did-?"

"I need to go on that mission," Bastion insisted. "Please. It's important."

Komori glanced down at the assignment in his hands, his jaw tightening. After a few moments, he nodded.

"All right. The mission's yours. Well, yours and one other's."

He glanced toward the Council doors, and Bastion followed his gaze.

"They're meeting with the Council?" he asked. "Who is it?"

Komori shook his head. "I'm sure you'll meet them in a moment."

There was a ping, and Bastion raised his gauntlet to see that the mission had been assigned to him.

--------------------------------------------------

Malak and Caius smiled at Samael's - or Monet's, rather - answer to their request. Even Talia inclined her head slightly in approval.

"Thank you," Caius replied softly. "Now-"

He had no time to finish. The three Council members raised their eyebrows as Goki arrived unbidden into their midst, then at Monet's reaction to him.

"You have quite the partner, Monet," Malak said, smiling. "Not many Vanguards form such close bonds to their demons. You should cherish that. But do keep in mind that bond will be notable... and distinctive."

Caius raised his head, his expression slightly distant for a moment. Then he looked at Monet and nodded.

"You will receive a mission shortly. We are particularly interested in hearing your report from this. Going forward, we would ask that if anything noteworthy occurs, you return to inform us of the event."

It was clear that Monet was being dismissed. As she turned to leave, Talia spoke.

"Keep one thing in mind, Monet. Any attention you spend maintaining your illusion is less attention spent on keeping yourself alive. And against some foes, you can't afford any distraction."

Monet's gauntlet pinged, and the mission they'd obviously been referring to came through.

"Good luck," Malak said as Monet opened the doors outward.

"You'll need it," Talia murmured as they swung shut.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:58 am

Monet

Right, Goki would be a major issue, however he knew his fellow lesser onis rather well and would most likely be able to disguise himself as one of them.

"Goki.  We're trying to be subtle playing pretend basically, can you pretend to be a different lesser oni?"  Monet commented eyeing the oni with distrust, as she thought back to all his high energy acts.

"Of course!  We lesser onis pretended to be others all the time to fool the greater ones so that the others would be punished they could never tell the difference!" Goki stated with a prideful smile. Monet coldly looked at him like a disappointed parent, as Goki's smile dropped realizing what he had just said and the implications of it with how Ryoko acted.

"W-Well.... You're going to need to leave your clothes behind.  Normal Oni don't dress... like that and I don't have the spare maga already disguising myself."  Monet gingerly commented, as Goki's smile dropped even further as he reluctantly took off his military outfit, demon mask, and sheath that Ose had given him and handed it to Monet who slipped the items into her bag.  Goki vanished back into the gauntlet immediately, almost like he was ashamed to be so naked.

It won't be long Goki, it's just one or the occasional mission... Don't worry.

Monet stiffly walked outside of the double doors, studying her gauntlet and examining the more specific mission details.  She noticed bastion and Komori out of the corner of their eye, but she didn't think that 'Monet' would recognize either of them.  For now, it might be better for her to wait for them to approach her or meet them at transport.

So, it was time to get into character. From how Monet visualized it she was a more optimistic and light character with a warm kindness, similar to how her mother had acted whether she had taught her to sew when she was young.

She shifted her posture to more loose open posture, shifted to a light slight smile, and held her head higher so that it wasn't slightly tilted towards the ground. If she had to go with a backstory? Hmmm, sewing might be too similar? Maybe a jeweler? Guardsman? So, many choices.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Bastion looked up at the sound of the doors to the Council Chamber. Was it the Council? No... at least, it didn't seem that way. It was a girl his own age. He felt his cheeks growing warm. A very pretty girl.

He glanced at his gauntlet and saw the other Vanguard assigned.

"Are you Monet?" he asked. "I'm Bastion. I think we've both been assigned to the same mission."

Komori stared at Monet, looking slightly confused, then said goodbye to Bastion and nodded in Monet's direction before leaving. As he turned the corner, he glanced down at the mission assignment the Council had given him. With Bastion's name already assigned to it.

But... how had he known? Or how had they known?

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:27 am

"Oh!  Sorry guess I didn't notice you!"  Monet stated with a light chuckle, as she held out her hand to greet Bastion.

She took a few moments to look over this 'new' vanguard, studying his armor and such.  After all, he was the vanguard that got her starting demon to come to this place.  She also assumed that Bastion's name would be somewhat infamous considering he was resurrected, word does get out but it'll be better if she doesn't mention that just in case.

"I must say though it's nice to finally meet you, you're group got that big gang of lesser onis to come here right?  One became my starter demon, so it'll be nice to see what a senior can do in combat."  Monet stated with a nod of respect towards Bastion, as she gestured in the direction of the caravan so that they could start working their way there.

"For the time being, I figured we should discuss our abilities.  I'm more focused around Aliments, I was assigned to subdue the demon for someone else to take down."  Monet stated, as she waited for Bastion to discuss his abilities.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Bastion smiled as he shook her hand, a petite and soft thing. "Monet... that was an Old World artist, right? I like it."

When she mentioned about the oni mission and him being a senior, he blushed slightly and cleared his throat.

"I only just took the Mark of Mastery several weeks ago," he admitted. "Hardly senior, but... hopefully we can learn from each other."

They conversed about their demons and abilities as they got their mounts and road out of the city. Conversation was a little more difficult with the sounds of hooves thundering around them, so they mostly remained silent. After several hours, they saw ruins in the distant and slowed their pace. Bastion breathed out, eyes widening as he took in the sights.

"This is what they called a 'highway' back in the Old World." Bastion told Monet as they dismounted and drew closer. "They used to ride those metal contraptions back and forth in very quick time."

He pointed out the cars as they tied up the horses, then moved quietly in the desolate silence through the eerie maze of colored metal hunks around them. He paused for a moment, glancing at Monet, the tried the door of one of them and slid inside.

"Wow..." he breathed, feeling around the interior. It was so alien, and yet, a relic of the past. What must it have been like, sitting inside these, riding about to and fro so fast and free?

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:46 am

"Yes! I'm glad you recognized! It's a name that's been passed down in my family to persevere the old works." Monet responded with a gleeful smile, as she pulled out a book that had been placed on her side. It seemed to be crudely held together. Not old, but it was more so that it was a counterfeit something that could be taken on the go.

She showed a few pages to Bastion demonstration the works of the artist of Monet. Most seemed to be composed of beautiful gardens, a stark contrast to the ruins they were in now.

After they reached the highway Monet began peering through the pages, as she turned to one that was of an old bustling city. A view that was onlooking a scene where a boat was crossing through the waters, with various cars waiting, as a drawbridge rose in the distance holding all the cars back. Though the image was faded and hard to make out.

"It's sort of makeshift since I haven't been in contact with my family for a long time, but apparently this is what the old world used to look like... We didn't even know they rode these things for the longest time... thought it was old demons or something!" Monet stated with a chuckle, as her face king of dripped when the realization of the situation.

She flipped through the pages rather embarrassed on how easily she lost herself. She should be playing it cool, revealing too much information might give her away in the future. However, she just felt a lot freer than she usually does, maybe it's because she isn't constantly burning maga.

"Would be nice if we could find one intact to illustrate, don't have anything like that... Though, I'm getting ahead of myself." Monet stated, as she slammed her book shut, and began looking around the area, as she continued to say "I don't suppose you see any signs of the creature yet? Hard to tell with how things are in these parts though."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Bastion climbed out of the car as Monet approached and gazed at the picture Monet had painted so long ago.

"It used to be so beautiful," he said quietly. "And then demons were allowed to run amok."

His expression fell, and he glanced at his gauntlet. Stopping Mother Harlot was the immediate priority, yes, but could they ever hope to return to the way things were if demons were still allowed to roam among them?

His expression lightened a bit when Monet mentioned finding an intact car to illustrate. "That might be difficult, but... when this mission is over, I think I have something that might help."

In his search of the Vanguard's archives, he'd found small, nonsensical books of a sort that they used to have in the old world, a hodgepodge collection of small writings and lots of pictures. Magazines, they were called. He'd found one with many of these cars portrayed inside. Maybe Monet would find them fascinating.

When Monet slammed her book shut, he looked away and scanned the area. The quiet was heavy and eerie, nothing to hear but the occasional gust of dry, stale air. The abandoned cars and the emptiness of it all reminded him of a bizarre graveyard.

"I don't-" he began, then stopped. A movement, there up on the highway. Signaling to Monet to follow, Bastion stole across the field of cars and up the ramp till they reached the road above. Bastion crouched behind and looked around but saw no sign of anyone.

"Maybe it was nothing," he murmured to Monet. Still, he was sure...

"Vanguards, huh?" a deep voice said.

Bastion leaped to his feet, whirling around, but he couldn't make out the speaker. Then, a clicking noise sounded from up above. Slowly, he raised his head and caught sight of a man perched on the lamp post above, weapon trained on them.

Spoiler:

"Who are you?" Bastion demanded, pointing his spear at the man. If he was a man. "Are you the demon menacing these parts?"

The man narrowed his eyes. "Asher," he replied. "And if you want to live, I suggest you crawl back to Chaldea. Now."

Bastion gritted his teeth. The mission description did not involve engaging any enemies, but... He could feel it. A Revelation compelling him to fight against his better judgment. "Threats won't work on us."

Pointing his spear at Asher's heart, he cast his Holy Horn, sending light shooting through his spear and out the tip. Asher leaped into the air as the top of the lamp post was blasted off and landed with perfect poise, gun once more trained on them.

"Heh. Looks like I'll have to show you I mean business," Asher replied. "Stinger."

"Monet, scatter!" Bastion called out, diving aside as Asher's gun shot a beam of golden light toward them.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:15 pm

This was an interesting side to Bastion she never expected, he's never been this open before.  Maybe it was because of the lack of people or that he didn't feel as judged being around equal peers.  He could also have more self-confidence with the power boost?  It was heard to say.  Maybe, she could get more information from him....  It might help him get closer as Samael as well.

"Say Bastion..."  Monet stated, before she was interrupted by Asher who was standing on the lamppost like someone out of an old movie.

She was about to thank the man for the warning but say they were fine until...

"Bastion, don't prov...." Monet stated as she reached her hand out before the holy horn erupted at the man.  Monet's eyes went wide eyed as the man leaped perfectly off the lamppost, as she quickly jumped out of the way of the shot skidding behind a nearby wrecked vehicle.

Bastion wasn't normally like this was he?!  He didn't provoke people, to her it just sounded like he was saying they couldn't handle the monster not that he was threatening them?  Well all she could do now is subdue the situation to the best of her ability.

"Let's do this then, combine voice manipulation and stagnant air...."  Monet mumbled, as her two hands erupted with maga as she slammed them together.  She tilted her head up towards the air as she opened her mouth and emitted a beautiful siren like melody.

"Siren's song!"  Monet hummed, as the force from her enhanced voice carried the invisible noxious air over towards Asher.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:59 pm

Bastion dodged another blast from Asher's gun and ducked behind a nearby car. Raising his gauntlet, he called out his demon.

"Archangel!"

Archangel burst forth and swooped into the air, raising his sword above his head.

"Justice!" he cried, slashing his sword downward and sending a slicing wave of light at Asher. But Asher merely slid sideways along the ground, as though skating upon ice.

"What?" Bastion gasped as Asher raised his weapon and fired once more. Bastion rushed out from under cover as the Stinger shot hit the exhaust pipe of the car, and an explosion rocked the road.

Thanks to the loud commotion, Asher almost missed the sound of the beautiful siren call until the noxious fumes had already reached him. In a flash, he turned his attention on Monet and raced toward her, sliding across the ground until he reached the car she hid behind. Planting a hand on the hood of the car, he pushed off of it and vaulted into the air, landing right behind Monet and pointing his gun at the back of her head.

"No!" Bastion gasped. He took off running toward her, even knowing he was too far away to reach her in time.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:58 am

The sound of the gun loading next to her head sent a chill down Monet's spine, this man could end her life now with the simple pull of a finger. Damn, how could she get caught off guard? She knew the fumes hit him, so if the dizziness had so little effect on him....

Monet slowly rose her hands in the air and dropped her weapon. She didn't have enough time to cast a spell, his gun would be quicker, and this man was training too well to simply let her take his gun off him. She didn't directly attack him, which is probably why she was still alive....

"So how about we take a step back, there was clearly some miscommunication going on.. As you can tell my spell was only to subdue not kill." Monet stated trying to deescalate the situation, as she waited for the the man to respond glancing over at Bastion to see what exactly he was doing.

She needed to wait for bastion to draw his attention, even if it meant blowing her cover. However, if this man even detects that faintest hint of maga, it might be her last moment so for now she would need to see what his intentions are....

"The name is Monet... didn't have a chance to introduce myself, so were you actually threatening us, or just saying that we wouldn't be a match for whatever is here?" Monet calmly stated, her mind razor focused on finding an opening if things went south as all time seemed to slow down for her.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Bastion stole closer, trying to keep out of sight. The moment Asher declined to fire, he knew his best chance to save Monet would be to play it stealthy. Play it smart.

Asher grunted, seemingly surprised by Monet's response. "Can it be both?"

Bastion crept behind the nearest car, gripping his spear tight.

"Now," Asher said, roughly gripping her shoulder and whirling her around. "Get out of here. I don't have time to waste on you two."

Bastion gritted his teeth. Now Monet was between him and Asher. He didn't have a clear shot. Unless...

He glanced around to find Archangel hovering off to the side behind cover, waiting for his orders. Bastion locked eyes with him and motioned with his head. Archangel nodded and swooped around from the side, hurtling toward the pair.

Asher, spying the demon, leaped back as Archangel swooped between them and lifted Monet off her feet. His wings enveloped Asher's vision for a moment, and the next, Bastion was right in front of him, thrusting his spear at the other man's chest.

"Tch!" Asher swung his guns up and deflected the spearhead aside with the blades lining the bottom of his weapons. Bastion thrust again and again, but each time Asher blocked or deflected the attack until-

"Holy Horn!"

Bastion unleashed the burst of light point blank as Asher moved to block the spear. Realizing a moment too late, Asher dodged aside as the beam grazed his side.

Sliding back across the ground, Asher clutched his side and gritted his teeth. "So, you're determined to do this then?"

Bastion didn't reply. He couldn't quite work out why he was so determined to do this. But something, something revealed to him in his Revelation, was compelling him forward. He had to stop this man. Whatever plan the angels had for him, Asher would be a significant hindrance to it. A hindrance he needed to remove. Now.

"All right then," Asher growled, leveling his guns. "Let's make it quick."

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:31 am

"So you do know about the creature!  Tell us more!" Monet demanded, as she looked at Asher in a fierce manner but still avoiding from moving to avoid getting shot.  She didn't want to back down, and this was the chance she needed, he knew about the monster... and if he knew about it, they could complete their mission much easier.

"We're not!"  Monet responded to his leaving demand, but before he could respond to her...

Everything passed by in a the heat of adrenaline like a flash of lightning, one moment she was spun around and facing this man and then next she was lifted off her feet away.  She breathed a bit of a sigh of relief, but she couldn't shake the aggravating feeling of just being pulled out of the fight like some sort of hindrance.

"Archangel bring me behind Bastion, I've got an idea that will help." Monet whispered, as she held out her hand and held it like she was about to flick it.  She waited until the archangel got into position as she snapped her fingers.  In combination of disguise and Void Pulse she created the next spell she told Bastion.

"Holy Flash!" Monet called out, as a wave of light erupted from her hands as the light shot out like the suns rays towards Asher, as she called out to Bastion "Now! Bastion, grab him!"

She didn't want to be violent with this man, but he was withholding information that could prove vital to Chaleda.... and she would have it one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Bastion and Asher faced each other, poised and tensed as though waiting for a starting pistol. And it came in the form of Monet, sending out a wave of blinding light toward them. Bastion, with his back to her, had a few more moments than Asher to react before the light encompassed him too, diving toward Asher with his spear.

Grab him? Bastion heard her, but his body wasn't moving like someone planning to capture. But, could he really kill...

There was a moment of confusion, the movement of bodies. Bastion reacted on instinct, not sure which way was up.

Then, the light cleared. Bastion found himself stopped in place, the blade of Asher's gun pressed to his throat. He was tensed, but not afraid, the weight of his spear reassuring as its point touched against the underside of Asher's chin. Golden eyes stared coldly down at him, unflinching and unblinking.

"You stopped," Asher mused.

"So did you," Bastion countered.

Tension froze them both in place. Then, a roar sounded in the distance, coming closer every second. Bastion turned to look, and in that moment, Asher's boot came up to slam him in the stomach, hurtling him back.

And not a moment too soon. A blaze of motion tore past the place where he'd been standing, leaving black streaks across the road.

"It's here," Asher growled, turning to face the thing as it slowed down several dozen feet away. Bastion rolled onto his knees and stared into the demon's horrible skeletal face

Spoiler:

"Did you mortal come out here to challenge me?" the demon asked, grinning. At least, it looked like a grin. It was hard to tell, coming from a skeleton.

Asher leveled his gun at the demon's head. "I came out here to kill you."

"Hah!" the demon cackled, revving his engine. "You think you can keep up with me? I'm Hell Biker, one of the great Fiends, and I'm gonna give you one hell of a ride!"

Bastion got to his feet, clutching his aching stomach, as the demon slammed the petal of his motorcycle.

"Hell Burner!" Hell Biker cried, igniting his wheels into flames as he launched toward them, leaving a trail of flames across the road.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:19 am

Monet placed her hand over her eyes and squinted at she waited for her illusion to fade from the area.  Since the light wasn't 'real' she could still make out their silhouettes, as they were only covered by a fake veil of light to give the illusion.  However, her eyes peaked up, as she noticed a fiendish skeleton riding on a motorcycle a moment later.

"Oh no, this isn't a good time!  We weren't supposed to engage!"  Monet gasped in a panicked voice, as she knew the moment Bastion saw it that he would attack it without a second though.  She needed a strategy, and their was no way his archangel would help her with something like...

Monet forced herself out of the Archangel's grasp, as she ran over to nearby wreckage.  She could work with this, as Monet grabbed a little slightly rusted sidecar on the highway, as she with the flick of her hand summoned Goki.

"Remnants of the past."  Monet called out, as a 'motorcycle' that was actually her spectral steed combined with the noise manipulation spell appeared.  She quickly turned her gaze towards Goki, as eyes widened from his new apperance.
Spoiler:

Goki looked completely different... he didn't have his old attire, but after she told him about her motorcycle spell... he now had fake scars plastered across his face, an iron pipe instead of a club, and was wearing a biker coat and on his back with an overly safe biker helmet on his head.

"Kintoki reporting for duty."  Goki said in a macho deep voice that was indistinguishable from his own, as Monet could barely recognize the glee of excitement in his eyes.

"Don't use that name, it's too similar, Just get in the sidecar."  Monet muttered pointing at Goki with a scolding finger like that of a mother worried about their rebellious teenager, as she attached the sidecar to the 'motorcycle' as they drove off towards Bastion.  However, with their delays they wouldn't make it in time...

"Bastion quick jump over here!"  Monet yelled out, as she held out her hand for Bastion to grab.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:26 pm

As Hell Biker raced toward them, Asher immediately slid out of the way, peppering the Fiend's motorcycle with Stinger shots that only seemed to bounce off the metal.

Bastion, however, was caught by surprise, unable to move fast enough as the motorcycle raced toward them.

"Bastion!"

He whirled around in time to see Monet, hand outstretched. Without thinking, he grabbed onto her hand, allowing himself to be tugged on behind her. The next moment, they veered hard to the side as a blaze of heat passed them by, scorching at their skin.

Bastion, teeth clenched, cracked his eye open and gazed around him, taking in the motorcyle, the side car, and the oni dressed in a biker helmet and jacket.

"What... is this?" he muttered. It took a moment later to realize he'd encircled his arms around Monet's waist, pulling her flush against him.

There wasn't time to be embarrassed, however. Hell Biker swerved his bike around with a terrible screech of his wheels, cackling loudly.

"Is that it? If you can't keep up with me, you don't stand a ghost of a chance!"

Revving up his engine, he blazed once more toward them, passing them in a blaze of flames as he tore off down the highway. Cursing, Asher took off after him, skidding along the ground.

"Hurry, we have to catch them!" Bastion ordered as Archangel swooped through the air beside their bike.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:27 pm

A feeling of Deja vu hit Monet as the situation unfolded her skidding her 'motorcycle' around to turn towards the direction the hell biker took off. It reminded her back in the days when she used spectral steed to protect him during their first test with Komori, but there were more important matters at the moment.

She wanted to just retreat, but Asher might end up killing the biker. He was an unknown element that she needed to include in the report. Plus, that bastard said she couldn't keep up with him!

"We'll see who can keep up with who." Monet shouted back at the Hell Biker, as she revved up the motorcycles engine as she shot down towards the biker. However, it didn't seem like her steed was fast enough to keep up with its monstrosity of steel.

"Let's go!" Monet stated, to bastion as she channeled her fleet foot spell into the steed as the bike became faster and rushed towards hell biker at a startling rate. However, she was burning through spells rather quickly as the first ping of fatigue hit her, she turned her gaze towards Asher as he was running after the monster.

"Make sure he can keep up Bastion, we don't know what we're dealing with so the added firepower is useful for now." Monet stated, gesturing towards the archangel if it comes to it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:53 pm

Spoiler:

Bastion clung tighter as Monet accelerated down the highway after Hell Biker. He wasn't sure he agreed with the idea of keeping Asher with them, as he was as much a liability to them as he was to Hell Biker.

But the point was made moot as the golden energy around Asher's feet blazed more brightly, sending him hurtling faster down the highway after Hell Biker, easily keeping pace with them. There was something odd, however, as the golden light seemed to travel up his legs, almost like cracks. Still, he showed no signs of slowing, pushing himself faster and faster to reach the Fiend until he moved neck and neck with Monet and Bastion.

"Go back to Chaldea," he barked at them. "You're in the way."

He fired a Stinger shot at them, then focused a volley at Hell Biker. Most of the shots bounced off the motorcycle weaved back and forth, till one shot managed to strike the demon in the shoulder. Hell Biker growled and cast a glance over his shoulder.

"Playing rough, huh?" he said. "Try this on, then. Hell Exhaust!"

A blast of wind burst from the exhaust pipes of his bike, drowning out the sound of his mad laugh. Asher, eyes wide, banked off to the far side of the highway, trying to avoid the blast.

"Monet, look out!" Bastion warned, trying to lean to the side to help move in time.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:10 am

Monet

Monet reflexively tilted away from the shot, as the bike moved away with the bullet harmlessly zooming overhead even if she had stayed in the same position.  Her eyes filled with fury, as she jolted her head towards the man with Goki screaming obscenities at the gunner like some foul mouthed biker

"Will you stop?!" Monet angrily muttered, as she tightly gripped the handles of the 'motorcycle' she was riding.  Teamwork was important here, it would make his job easier if they helped... they weren't that weak.  Goki was only a lesser oni, but even he has put in far more work.

In no time flat, another attack from the hell biker this time came flying out, as Monet tilted to the side at the same time as Bastion like the two were a perfect pair.  The motorcycle dodging out of the way of the attack.

"Thanks..  You mentioned that spell that lets you predict the enemies actions earlier right?  Can you use it... for now... I'll keep him on his toes. Kin, it's time to wind up!"  Monet hastily commented to Bastion, as she pulled a piece of steel debris out of her pocket and threw it in front of the bike next to the side where Goki was at.

Goki reflexively turned his head towards Monet and nodded and then back towards the debris, as he pulled his pipe back like a baseball bat wielded by a major league baseball player.  Maga began to fill the pipe, as he swung it forward and slammed in the debris with a loud crack.

"Smash and Bash, Baby!" Goki yelled with a 'sexy' wink as the debris launched directly at the back wheel of hell rider's bike.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Bastion grit his teeth and held on tight as they just barely managed to avoid Hell Biker's attack. Monet asked him about his Revelation ability, which he frowned at.

"It's more complicated than that," he sighed. "But... I'll try."

Focusing his spirit to calm and his mind to focus, he turned his eyes upon the road. Just then, Goki sent his projectile flying into Hell Biker's back wheel. The motorcycle careened out of control for a few moments, giving Asher the moment he needed to catch up.

"Die already."

He unleashed a rapid fire round of Stingers point blank on Hell Biker, who cried out and tried to shield himself with his arm.

Bastion suddenly felt a rush of adrenaline and jerked Monet to the side. "Move, quickly!"

"Hell Spin!" the Fiend cried suddenly, swiveling his bike 360 to kick up a whirlwind that knocked aside the continuing stream of Stinger shots and blasted Asher aside.

Fortunately, Bastion and Monet sidestepped the whirlwind and now surpassed Hell Biker on the road.

"Keep it steady," Bastion told her as he turned around and aimed his spear at the Fiend. "Holy Horn!"

Hell Biker swerved to dodge the lance of light that flew his way and laughed. "Not bad," he said, revving his throttle. "But let's take it up a notch. Hell Throttle!"

His bike glowed as it sped up, breathing hot down the back of Monet's motorcycle. He began to ram into her, trying to make her crash. Bastion swung his lance to knock the Fiend away, but he would expertly drop back or swerve aside to avoid it, then ram into their motorcycle again and again.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sat May 09, 2020 2:34 am

"Nice!" Monet said in surprise after Bastion helped move her out of the way of an attack.  However, they seemed to be back at square one.  They lost their momentum from the attack, and they didn't appear to be getting anywhere.

But, before Monet could finish her thought that bastard of a skeleton began ramming her 'motorcycle', as she felt the echoes of her steed giving off pained ghastly neighs that were masked by the noise manipulation spell.  The wounds were beginning to add up, as it took more and more maga to sustain the spectral visage of the horse.

Though, that does bring up a good point, he may be able to dodge Bastion's spear but can he dodge a 'hoof' from a motorcycle?

"Bastion prep a spell for his next ram, when I disorient him, you hit him with the spell!" Monet whispered, as she latched her hands on the 'handles' of the motorcycle and lifted them in the air as Goki dragged the pipe on the ground causing a torrent of dust and asphalt flew in the skeleton's face.

Using the dust to hide the hoof from not only the skeletal rider but Bastion and Arch angel as well, Monet move the steed's legs so the steed swung its legs back like a startled horse at the skeleton's motorcycle. The hooves took a metallic appearance as to the skeleton it would look like the motorcycle just had two legs fly out of its back engine and take a jab at him.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Thu May 14, 2020 11:42 pm

"Bastion prep a spell for his next ram, when I disorient him, you hit him with the spell!" Monet whispered, as she latched her hands on the 'handles' of the motorcycle and lifted them in the air as Goki dragged the pipe on the ground causing a torrent of dust and asphalt flew in the skeleton's face.

Using the dust to hide the hoof from not only the skeletal rider but Bastion and Arch angel as well, Monet move the steed's legs so the steed swung its legs back like a startled horse at the skeleton's motorcycle. The hooves took a metallic appearance as to the skeleton it would look like the motorcycle just had two legs fly out of its back engine and take a jab at him.

Bastion nodded at Monet, waiting for the opportune moment. As she and Goki created a smokescreen, Bastion readied his spear and aimed as Hell Biker flew right into the cloud.

"Gahh?!" the Fiend cried as something struck the front of his bike, jostling him aside.

"Hah!" Bastion sent a Holy Horn spell flying from his spear, striking the Fiend and sending him skidding into the guard rail of the highway. Scraping against the metal, he braked to a stop as the two Vanguards raced ahead of him before coming to a stop themselves.

"You got some serious speed," the Fiend said, grinning at them. "I'll admit it. First place is yours."

Panting, Bastion glanced at Monet, unsure how best to proceed.

"Thing is though... I'm a sore loser!"

Hell Biker suddenly throttled his engine and blasted straight for them. There was nowhere to run - their race would have come to an end regardless, as the highway ahead seemed to have collapsed, effectively trapping them at a dead end. Before they could think to move, a stream of Stingers shot through the air and knocked into Hell Biker, forcing him to skid and just miss them.

"Enough of running," Asher snarled. "Hold still so I can put a bullet between your eyesockets."

"I think you're the one who should start running," Hell Biker cackled as he swiveled his bike around. "Hell Burner!"

A burst of flames shot from his wheels and streaked across the ground, forcing Asher and the Vanguards to leap aside.

"I am Hell Biker, the Fiend, incarnation of Death," the demon declared, sending another burst of flames streaking across the ground. "And your punk asses are mine!"

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11Sun May 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Monet

Monet felt a rush of adrenaline, a wicked smile crossing her face as their plan worked and hell biker went spiraling away from the group. She turned to Bastion with a look of victory, as she slammed the breaks and spun the motorcycle around facing hell biker.

Yea, victory was....

"Wait..." Monet gasped in surprise, as she returned Bastion's look remembering that this was an actual fight to the death and not a race at this point.

She grabbed Bastion's arm and pulled him behind the spectral steed, as the 'motorcycle' combusted into flames, vanishing back into maga with goki sitting now in an unlatched sidecar with a look of confusion on his face. The helmet on his head seared with black ash like some character out of a cartoon.

"God damn it, we need to immobilize that bike of his even for a monet." Monet uttered in frustration, and in cue Goki's eyes widened in surprise. His mind flashing back to the fight with King Frost and how they immobilized him.

"Monet? Operation: hee hoo?" Goki whispered to Monet in embarrassment as Monet looked at him for a few moment in confusion before a feeling of realization hit her.

"Bastion can you distract him with your archangel from above, he shouldn't have as much power against airborne enemies... We'll need some time." Monet muttered a bit flustered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell   Fiend Hunt I: Highway to Hell Clock11

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next