Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Caltha - Palace

- Rise -

Rise let her hands slide off of Alina as the woman pulled away. She knew Alina always took too much onto herself, but it wasn't until that moment that sad smile spread across her face that Rise saw the full extent of the toll it had taken on her.

"Alina..." she murmured, but the former High General was already turning to talk to Serena.

Serena looked stunned by Alina's refusal to resume the High General's position and only vaguely acknowledged Keyes as he approached them to talk about medics.

It was then that Kurik approached and cleared his throat. "I'd hate to interrupt, but can't you deal with the administrative stuff after everyone is taken care of?"

"Well, you're bold considering the hot water you're in," Kokonoe commented, raising an eyebrow. "On the matter of sentencing though..."

She held up some of the pieces of Maxim's suit and glared at him.

"Did you make this off my mobile doll design?"

Maxim nodded silently, but otherwise remained silent.

"Right." Kokonoe turned to Serena and Alina and folded her arms. "If someone were to ask my opinion - which no one ever does - I'd say we put them to good use... work off their sentences. While I think rotting in a cell is probably what they deserve, it would be throwing away some valuable resources... especially if Arusia is still a looming issue."

She hooked a thumb over at Maxim. "I could use this one. Would be nice to not be the only researcher with any real brains in this country."

Serena sighed and looked at Alina for support, then turned to Kokonoe.

"We'll talk about sentencing in the morning. We'll keep all the Old Guard and Arusian forces in here under guard for now while they receive treatment. In the morning, we'll convene the Council to determine their fates."

That seemed reasonable, and everyone more or less agreed to it.

"In the meantime, get rooms prepared for our people. They all deserve it," she said, nodding to the members of Aegis.

Gratefully, the members of Aegis nodded and began to file from the throne room. Before she left, however, Rise paused to look at the trio of agents and at Maxim and Kurik.

"For what it's worth, ma'am," she said to Serena, nodding in their direction. "For all they've done, we wouldn't have survived and made it back here without their help."

Serena gazed at her, then nodded. "Thank you, Rise. We'll keep that in mind."

With that, Rise took James' hand and headed out.

--------------------------------------------------------

- Raidon -

Raidon shook his head at Lisa's antics and sighed.

"I'm glad to see this hasn't affected your sense of humor," he said. "Now, come on. Let's get you somewhere you can rest."

He helped her up, supporting her as she hobbled on her one ankle.

"Let's get you fixed up, then go see your sister," he told her. He, for one, wanted nothing more than to spend a long, quiet day with Arya.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:56 am

- Marcus -

"Of course I know what a date is." Marcus responded, shaking his head. "But this is coming from the woman who wasn't sure that our friendship would survive me being romantically interested in her a handful of hours ago."

"Plus, pizza and a movie could be fun."
Marcus continued with a roguish smile. "But I think I know you well enough to do better than that."

Without further preamble, Marcus pulled her into a hug, although he made sure that she was pressed against the right side of his chest. "Does it have to wait until I'm okay?" He asked, whispering so no one else could hear. "I don't want to give you time to change your mind again."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:10 am

Nadenka

"Ma'am, I will stay here to look after Arusians and Old Guard members." said Nadenka to Serena as Alina and others took off. Nadenka knew Serena; but Nadenaka were not so sure she would be remembered by her. In any case, Nadenka had been serving in military hospital and had been awarded a badge by her due to her bravery action in taking care of injured ones from two years ago. As long as Serena remembers that, she probably should be okay. "And I am partially responsible for this mess as well, so I will stay with them to be trialed." Then Nadenka salute, and started to checked on injured ones and using her remaining strain to help them out. "Besides, I don't want to be far from him." She muttered to it herself quietly.

Her eyes drifted to Alexei, locking her eyes with him and smiled, "Rest up and wait for your turns, okay?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Belobog

"She's really tough..." Said Belobog as Nadenka went towards Serena and started treating injuries of old guards and others. Belobog smirked, and poked gently at Alexei's side. "You sure you are ready for this? She's going to be tough to please" Said jokingly.

Then he grinned, "You know, I am looking forward to stay with you guys. I really missed cooking meals for my comrades. Well, put in some good words for me so I can use the kitchen, okay?" He said to Alexei. Then he looked at Ehlana, "By the way, what do want to eat?." he asked, confidently. "Since you are the pickiest eater among us, I will let you chose the menu."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:45 am

Caltha - Palace

- Lenka -

Lenka leaned into the hug. She could understand Marcus’ concern.

She looked up into his eyes.

“A lot happened in the past few hours,” she said calmly. “And while I still can’t give you the answer you wanted to hear back then, I realized I don’t want to lose you. Before, I was just trying to keep you and me from getting hurt.” She shook her head. “That was silly, feeding into my own insecurities. But now I’ve made up my mind. And that won’t change.”

“Unless of course you’re a terrible date,” she added teasingly. “So you better rest up. I need you at your best. I won’t be getting into a car with you until I have it written down that your heart is okay.”

----------------------------

- James -

After giving Lenka one more look, he joined Rise and they walked out towards one of the guest rooms. He squeezed her hand tightly, like he never wanted to let it go.

James felt like he should be dead tired, but he still felt restless.

“I swear, next time there is a government crisis, they had better not call me,” he said and plopped down on the bed. He was only half-serious. If it was within his capabilities, he would help his friends. Always.

“You were pretty awesome today,” he said to Rise and pulled her close, giving her a short kiss. “I think thanks to you and Luke, Alex will finally be okay.”

- Ehlana -

Ehlana grinned in response to Belo. She couldn’t really refute that. “What can I say? It’s true.”

“Ah…you know, I haven’t had a decent meal since the last time you cooked for us.” It felt like that was an eternity ago. “So anything you make is fine… as long as it doesn’t have meat in it.”

From the corner of her eyes, she could see Alexei raise his eyebrows. “Well, a steak for him is fine. I wouldn’t want to look Nadenka in the eye if by my account you starve.”

It seemed at least for tonight everything was settled. Before Aegis and the others completely filed out of the room, she got up her courage and walked up to Jax and Alina.

“Hey,” she said and tugged on Jax sleeve. “I wanted to say thank you for always treating me respectfully, despite what I did.”

“And I wanted to let you know that we’re still willing to help. It wasn’t just a one-time deal. Depending on tomorrow, maybe there’s a way we can work together.”

She bit her lip. This clearly wasn’t her strong suit. And especially not after a battle. Still, she didn’t know if she would get another chance to say those words.

- Kurik -

Kurik shrugged. His expression stayed calm as he faced Kokone’s glare. Really, it couldn’t get any worse.

However, he took the hint and withdrew. After helping Maxim sit down, he also sat down next to the destroyed pillars.

As his eyes surveyed the destruction they’d caused here, he shook his head lightly. It was hard to imagine what had transpired here in the past few hours.

Two guards and a medic approached them, but he waved them towards Maxim. As far as he could tell his own injuries were only minor. His pride and reputation were probably hurt more than anything.

“Hey, you survived,” he suddenly heard a familiar voice and looked up. Annabelle was looming above him, with her usual stern expression and crossed arms. Suddenly fear ran through him. Lorrin wasn’t with her.

“Where is Lorrin? Did he--?”

Annabelle shook her head, her expression softening a little at his obvious worry. “They took him to the medical bay to treat him properly. He’ll be okay.”

Kurik nodded. There were a million questions he should ask, but right now he didn’t feel like hearing the answer to any of them. Instead, he felt strangely detached to the situation. Maybe it hadn’t fully sunken in yet.

“Thank you,” he said and Annabelle shrugged again and then turned around to leave.

Kurik ran his fingers through his hair and closed his eyes. It looked like there was nothing they could do except wait until morning.

[Middle of the night] - this for just before we skip to the next day, put spoilers cause I didn't know if their respective conversations were fully finished.

- James & Lenka -

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:36 am

Caltha - Palace

- Maxim -

Maxim watched Kurik interact with the Old Guard woman, saw the loyalty in her face, and it made his heart throb. Kurik would have made a fine leader... It hurt to see it end this way, but he had to accept that now and look to how to rectify the future for them.

He watched Annabelle return to a place in the corner where the mobile doll Lambda was watching over her and the other prisoners, almost a hint of kindness somehow in the artificial features. Then he turned to Kurik, watching the other man run his hand through his hair, a sure sign that he was tense.

"Come on," he said, nudging Kurik's shoulder with a wistful smile. "If you keeping looking distressed like that, I'm just going to have to take all the blame on myself. So if you don't want that, keep your chin up."

He leaned against Kurik and stared up at the ceiling. Kurik was the link between Kaddath and Arusia. He wouldn't stop believing that now. And if that were true, things might still work out for them.

- Alexei -

Alexei smiled at Nadenka as she told him to rest, then went off to help the other injured. He took a seat next to Belo and Ehlana and sighed as they talked about meals to cook and took jabs at his carnivorous ways.

It felt good talking like old times. No... He watched Nadenka move between injured and felt his chest flood with warmth. Better than old times.

- Jax -

Jax cradled Ariana in his arms as he followed Alina out of the throne room. Ariana had been treated, but the exhaustion caught up with her and stole her of to sleep before she could even register what was happening.

"Let's get her somewhere quiet," he said to Alina. Before they could leave, however, he felt a tug on his sleeve and turned to face Ehlana.

“Hey. I wanted to say thank you for always treating me respectfully, despite what I did. And I wanted to let you know that we’re still willing to help. It wasn’t just a one-time deal. Depending on tomorrow, maybe there’s a way we can work together.”

Jax smiled at her and glanced past her at her team, huddled together like a family.

"I wasn't always an upstanding member of the Army," he admitted. "I did things I'm not proud of, things I had to do to protect people I cared about. Despite that, they all forgave me, let me in, made me one of them." He glanced over his shoulder at the retreating forms of Aegis. "I couldn't accept myself if I didn't do the same for others."

He put a hand on her shoulder and nodded.

"I'd be happy to have your help," he told her. "Don't worry. You stood behind us when it counted. I intend to do the same for you."

With a reassuring smile, he parted ways with her and followed Alina, who stopped to wait for him. When they got to their rooms, he set Ariana down on the bed and sighed.

"I guess we have a lot to talk about," he said. "But it can wait for morning."

He pulled Alina into his arms and held her close, inhaling the scent of her hair and feeling the smooth strands of her hair. Tomorrow would be tomorrow. For right now... this was his whole world.

- James -

Rise sat down beside James and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Sometimes, I think we've already given so much of our lives to this country. That it's time we lived for ourselves," she sighed. "But I don't know if that's in us. We're Aegis. As long as it's in our power, we'll always help people."

James pulled her in close, his lips warm and soft against hers.

“You were pretty awesome today. I think thanks to you and Luke, Alex will finally be okay.”

She smiled and pulled him back onto the bed to cuddle. After snuggling in comfortably, she sighed and gazed at the door.

"Yeah... he's going to be okay," she said. "I'm sure of it this time."

- Alex -

Alex sat on the roof of the palace, the night air ruffling his clothes and hair. The city was silent, sleeping peacefully under the watchful moon.

He didn't want to sleep - not because he was afraid of his dreams like before, but because he finally felt awake for the first time in a long time.

He smiled, soaking in the silence of the city... and his own mind.

The nightmare was finally over. It was time to start a new day.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:47 am

Luke

As Luke went out and got himself to the room, he sighed in relief and smiled. "It's finally over." Then there was a ring.

Luke was surprised by it, it was a ringing from mobile tablet. He was shocked, and was not so sure if it was for him. Then he saw the name of the caller. It was from Mark.

"Mark?" Said Luke, and then he tapped. The call was accepted and it showed his old friend's face. "Luke!" Said Mark, Luke's friend had mixture of emotions. Luke was surprised by his friend's sudden appearance.

"How did you..." Mark interrupted Luke's ongoing question; "Who cares! I got to see you!" Said Mark laughing, then he sighed, looking at Luke, smiling warmly. "So I guess it didn't go well, huh?" He said with a grin, Luke grinned, "Yup, rejected completely. There was no hesitation." Luke supported his grinning face with his hand, "But it helped me little what I was feeling. It wasn't really love per se. I think it was more like a feeling of inspiration or some sort." Mark laughed, "Wow, whoever that girl is, I like to meet her, inspiring Luke like that." Then Luke laughed it off as well. Then laughter of two males subsided, Luke looked at his friend. "Hey, I have decided." Said Luke, in seriousness. "I will take a break from the school and travel the world." Mark smiled warmly, "That suits you." He said to his friend.

"Mark, you probably have graduated by then. Keep in touch, yeah?" Luke said to his friend, Mark chuckled, "Me? It's probably you who need to send me news of your adventure." Said Mark. Luke smiled gently. "I am glad that I got a friend like you." Mark smiled as well, "Same. By the way, my girlfriend and I would be starting life as one, so yeah, do visit us some time okay?" Luke surprised by the news, but he nodded. "Well, that's fast... but, I am happy to hear it." Mark grinned, "Yeah, you know, after experiencing close-death situation...which I still don't remember, by the way..... I really want to make serious commitment to her. She's been committed to me while I was on the bed... And, you too..." Luke smiled warmly, "That's what we do for each other, right?" Mark stunned by Luke's answer, then smiled. "You changed... a lot. I don't know what happened to that grumpy Luke any more." Said Mark. Then Luke shrugged, "A lot of things happened."

Then Mark teasingly asked. "Oh yeah, my girl friend wanted to introduce you to someone" Then Luke shook his head, "Nah, I'll pass. Let me enjoy my rejection for awhile." Mark chuckled, "Yeah, I know you would say that." Mark sighed of relief as he stopped chuckling. "Just be safe with your travels, okay?" Luke nodded, "You bet and don't worry, I am going to ask my teach to accompany." Mark looked at him, confused. "Teach?" Luke grinned, "Yup, a teacher who could go wherever he pleases. Well he needs to see someone at set time, but I'm sure with him around I will comeback safe." Mark shook his head in disbelief, but smiled. "See you soon, Luke."

"See you soon, Mark." Said Luke and screen was off.

"That said, I should probably ask him if he want to come along." Said Luke standing up to find Alex, to ask him to be his traveling buddy.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:09 am

- Lisa -

"After what I've been through, I don't know that anything could affect my sense of humor."
Lisa quipped back as Raidon pulled her to her feet. Well, at least one foot. She avoided letting the other touch the ground for more than a brief moment at a time.

"That said, I don't want to drag Arya out of bed at this hour. So, how about you set me up with a nice medic, and we'll talk to her tomorrow?" Truthfully, she also didn't want her sister to worry over her right now, and that's exactly what would happen with Lisa in her current condition.

-----------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

Marcus chuckled as he released Lenka from the embrace. "Full disclosure. The truck was the first time I'd driven anything besides a scooter. So, getting into another car with me might not be advised anyway, considering I'm not licensed to operate it."

He raised a single finger to his lips and gave her a wink as he took a step back. "Our little secret."

"Now, I suppose I should probably go see one of the doctors that just walked in."
He gestured towards the door, where several medical staff had shuffled into the room and were beginning to check on everyone. "You're more than welcome to make my night and hold my hand while they work on me," he teased, "but you'd probably be better served getting yourself some sleep. I can't imagine you've got much left in the tank at this point. I know I don't."

-----------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

"Yeah, it will have to wait until tomorrow." Alina responded, snuggling into Jax's embrace. "Unfortunately, my report will need to be compiled before the Council meets in the morning, but honestly, I'm too comfortable to get up and write it at the moment."

"I'll probably have to skip breakfast though."
Alina mumbled into his shoulder. "Unless... You wouldn't mind bringing me a bite to eat while I work on my statement, right?"

Whatever his response, she didn't hear it. Finally back in her lover's arms, Alina had already surrendered to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:15 pm

THE NEXT DAY

Caltha - Palace

- Rise -

A peaceful morning rose on the capital, sunny and blissfully unaware of the chaos that had ensued the previous day. Rise sighed and turned away from the balcony, heading toward the Council Chamber.

The Grand Council had been meeting all morning to determine action for how to handle both the Old Guard and Arusian prisoners, as well as how to proceed with diplomacy toward Arusia. They couldn't just ignore the presence of another country and people in the world. There was no going back to that former state.

The group had agreed to meet in front of the Council chamber to find out what had happened to Alexei, Belo, and Ehlana. After all they'd done to help liberate the capital, it only seemed right. Strangely, James hadn't been around when she'd woken up, but Rise figured he'd show up as planned.

When she arrived, most of the gang was already there except for James and Alex. The three Arusian agents were just leaving the Council Chamber, Kurik and Maxim trailing behind. Inside, some of the Council members were still in discussion with Serena, though it seemed officially adjourned.

"How did it go?" Rise asked Jax, who was in conversation with the Arusian trio.

"Not too bad," he said, smiling. "Took some maneuvering, but I got these three under my belt for the time being. A working sentence for the next few years, but once their probationary period is up, there's room for them to branch out if they want."

"I think we could definitely teach you Kaddathians a thing or two," Alexei said, scratching his chin. "The way you punch though... that's something I need to learn."

Jax laughed. "I'll be happy to give you some pointers."

"And Nadenka?" Rise asked, glancing at the woman who smiled from beside Alexei.

"Well, we did sort of take her hostage with us," Alexei murmured, picking at his cheek. "So she wasn't really to blame for anything..."

Rise smiled. From the looks of it, she couldn't imagine Nadenka doing anything wrong, besides maybe caring too much.

She glanced over at Maxim and Kurik, who seemed to be deliberately keeping an uncomfortable distance. That was fair... they may have helped in the final hour, but they certainly hadn't made any apologies for their actions.

"I'll be taking that one," Kokonoe said, hooking a thumb at Maxim. "My intellectual property is in his brain, so I feel like I have ownership rights over that as well. I'll put him to good work."

Maxim gave a faint smile. "I've no doubt we'll be quite productive, Ma'am."

"I'm counting on it," she said, shooting him a look over the top of her glasses.

"And...?" Rise cast a meaningful glance at Kurik.

Kokonoe frowned at that and glanced at Jax, who seemed to hesitate. What was going on? Jax glanced over his shoulder and saw James parting ways with Serena.

James? Was this where he'd gotten off to? What was that all about?

Rise offered him a smile when he approached, though she couldn't help but feel apprehensive.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:10 am

Nadenka, Belobog and Luke

"Thanks for giving them a chance," Said Nadenka, to Rise and everyone who were present at that moment.

Luke, who was with others, smiled. "Well good to hear you were given a second chance." then his eyes drifted to Belobog, and other Arusians, "You know, I don't know if you knew, but you made my best buddy to redcape, and I have decided to forgive you all for it." Said Luke, kindly, "And I am not asking your apology or some sort, it just that, I want you all to know that there's no bad-blood with you guys and me."

Belobog scratched back of his head; it was him who had shot the boy with red hair, if he had not mistaken about it.

"Thanks... well, I would not apologise for that action though. At that time, I thought we were really doing it for Arusia. However, I do want to say, I am sorry for putting you through hard times."

Luke smiled, "That's good enough for me." Then Luke stretched his arms. "So, where's Alex?" Luke asked others, just in case they knew.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 am

Caltha - Palace

- Ehlana -

Ehlana followed behind Jax, Alexei and Belo. As usual she was quiet, but she was wearing a hopeful expression. This outcome was giving them a chance for a new start. And she had every intention of making the best of it.

Then Luke made his way over, stating once again that he forgave them for turning his best friend into a Redcape. She thought back to that moment. It had only been a small difference in their magic output that had made the difference in her decision. Easily she could’ve selected Luke to be the target as well. Still, Belo was right. At the time, she had wholeheartedly believed it to be the right action.

“We’ll try not to create any more Redcapes in the future,” she said.

- Kurik -

Kurik trailed behind the others as he left the Council chamber. He still wasn’t sure how he felt about this outcome. Well from all the options, this was probably the best.

He caught Rise’s meaningful glance.

“Since I’m not dead, technically I am a deserter, which is a punishable crime by up to 20 years of prison. In addition, I’ve revealed military secrets to a foreign country, which is treason, punishable by death,” Kurik said calmly, not about to downplay anything.

“However, due to the circumstances, I’ve been confined to house arrest at the palace for an indeterminate amount of time, serving as a special consultant to the Council and especially Serena in all matters regarding Arusia,” he said calmly. “If I try to escape, they’ll silence my strain and there won’t be a second chance.”

In all honesty, he wasn’t too unhappy with the solution. It had a similar feel to what he’d done in Arusia. Like the rest, they were giving him a chance.

His eyes searched for Maxim and he smiled. So it wasn’t all lost. Maybe this was the first step for a better future.

- James -

When they had finally settled on all the details, James also headed for the door. He could see that Rise, Lenka and the rest of the group were still waiting outside the room.

He took Rise's hand and squeezed it. This was going to be difficult.

“I’m going to Arusia,” he said.

“What do you mean?” Lenka interjected. “Like right now?”

James shook his head.

“Not right now. There is still a lot of preparation needed. And a lot I need to learn about their culture and customs before I can go,” he glanced at Maxim and Kurik.

“The Council has agreed to grant me diplomatic status. I’ll be going as an ambassador, overseeing all negotiations and relationships to and from Arusia.”

Lenka could feel her mouth gaping. Was this really her brother? The person who didn’t like public attention?

“What about your graduation? And what about your company?”

James shrugged. “I don’t need a formal diploma. And my partner can keep the company in business in Kaddath. Exploring the new options in Arusia is my job.”

He turned to Rise and pulled her close. “I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you before. But I needed to know if it was even possible first.” He pulled a piece of Arusian technology from his pocket. “I can’t remember the last time I’ve something this exciting. And I want to know more about their technology, not through the hands of others, but I want to experience and research it for myself.”

- Arya -

Arya hurried down the hallway. Through the military network, she’d gotten word about the events at the palace from the previous night. She had tried to stay calm, but knowing both Raidon and Lisa were probably at the heart of this, she just couldn’t stay home any longer.

She wanted to see with her own eyes that they were okay.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:25 pm

- Marcus, Lisa -

A slow, meticulous beeping was the first thing Marcus was aware of. He started to roll over but found himself restrained by some kind of cords, which were attached to his skin. With some effort, he forced his eyes open and looked up at the light over his head. Beneath his fingers, the sheets were cool, but they felt too sterile for him to describe them as comfortable.

"Good morning." He turned his head to see Lisa sitting in a chair beside the bed. "Almost afternoon, actually." She continued, giving him a wary smile.

It all came back to him in a rush. The fight with Alex. Passing out. Lenka bringing him back. His hand moved to the patch of skin over his heart, but the cords blocked his fingers from reaching it.

"Please tell me I'm wearing real clothes." He muttered, slowly relaxing his body back into the pillows.

Lisa grinned and slowly shook her head. "Nope. Hospital nightgown. Shows your ass when you get up and everything."

Marcus groaned, closing his eyes again. "What did they say?"

"Still a few more tests to go, but so far, there's no reason to suspect permanent damage."

He let out a breath of relief and forced himself to sit up in the bed. "Guess I'm stuck here for a while yet then?"

"Yeah." Lisa rose from the chair, moving to the end of the bed so that he didn't have to turn his head to see her. "You gave us all quite a scare yesterday. So, I suggest you follow doctor's orders."

"No arguments from me. If laying around here will get me an 'okay' faster, that's what I'll do."

Lisa raised an eyebrow at him, leaning back on her heels. "You're being far more agreeable about this than most members of the male population."

Marcus shrugged, leaning back into the pillows. "I've got incentive to get better fast."

"Hot date?" Lisa shot back.

After a few seconds without a response, her eyes widened, and she giggled. "Wow. Got it in one."

"Okay, well I should go see if the verdict is out yet. I just didn't want you to wake up alone."
She turned and started to exit the room, but stopped at the door.

"Don't forget to bring her flowers." Lisa said over her shoulder. Then, she was gone, leaving Marcus to chuckle in the empty room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

More than the fate of the prisoners had been decided this morning.

Alina pushed herself away from the wall as Serena approached, giving the woman a slight wave.

"Congratulations." She said the word without a hint of malice. "I'm glad they chose you." Alina gestured down the hallway, away from the others.

"Walk with me for a minute?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:05 am

Caltha - Palace

- Rise -

“They took a chance and trusted us,” Rise said to Nadenka, smiling. “It only seems fair.”

Luke brought up about the Redcapes, and it was an uncomfortable moment as everyone seemed to realize the connection between the Arusian agents, Mark, and Luke. But Luke let it pass with open forgiveness, and the tension seemed to ebb. The Arusians even offered apologies, slightly unpracticed as they were.

“You’ll try?” Kokonoe muttered, raising an eyebrow at Ehlana.

“Very hard,” Alexei said, grinning.

Kokonoe rubbed the bridge of her nose. “Why do I get the feeling you guys are going to be a handfull.”

“Nonsense.” Alexei put a hand on his chest. “We’re Military Police now. We’re reformed. Pure as the Arusian snow.”

Jax laughed and shook his head. “Don’t make me regret this.”

Alexei saluted with a wry smile. “Ay, sir.”

Rise shook her head. Well, it was nice to see they were blending in already. Then James approached, and she quickly went over and took his hands, which he squeezed ominously.

“What is it?” she asked.

”I’m going to Arusia.”

Rise was too stunned to reply. Lenka had to step up and pump James for all the details as she tried to process the information. He looked remorseful at the unspoken consequences this would have on their relationship, but his excitement and passion was so real that it made her smile despite the pain in her heart.

“You should,” she said at last. “You supported me doing what I wanted with my life. I need to do the same for you.”

She hugged him, taking in his warmth. It was hard, thinking she’d go without having him with her.

“We’ll still talk. And you’ll visit. We’ll make it work.”

- Maxim -

Maxim remained impassive as Kurik explained his sentence to the others. It wasn’t what he’d wanted, but Kurik would still be able to do what he did best - bridge the gap between Kaddath and Arusia.

“I’m sure you won’t give us cause to worry,” Raidon said, nodding. “There’s nowhere left to run now, after all.”

“There’s no need to run,” Maxim said calmly. “This is where he belongs.”

Raidon scrutinized him for a moment, then nodded.

“This was your home,” he said. “What happened to you shouldn’t have. I was part of that old government, part of that old problem. But things are different now. And I hope you’ll help us keep something like what happened to you from happening again.”

He nodded and walked off, leaving Maxim and Kurik alone.

“I suppose we’ll be parting soon,” Maxim said. “It won’t be easy, but I hope we can see each other again soon.”

- Raidon -

Raidon broke away from Maxim and Kurik as soon as he spotted Arya coming down the hall.

“Arya-“ He held out his arms for her, and before he could say another word, she threw herself into them.

“Everything’s okay,” he whispered into her hair.

- Serena -

Serena nodded at Alina as the other woman approached, her expression pensive.

"Congratulations. I'm glad they chose you." Alina gestured down the hallway, away from the others. "Walk with me for a minute?"

“Thank you,” Serena said, as she followed after Alina. “Quite honestly, I’m not sure I deserve it after everything that happened. But I intend to do the best I can, perhaps pave the way for an even better leader in the future.”

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:22 am

Caltha - Palace

- Kurik -

“I won’t cause anymore trouble,” Kurik replied quietly. Raidon was right. Where would he even go?

He was then surprised by the words of encouragement by Raidon and Maxim. Yes, this had always been his home. He remembered how much he’d missed Kaddath during his time in Arusia.

Kurik placed a hand on Maxim’s shoulder. “We will, my friend. Any chance I get, we’ll try to visit.” He sounded hopeful, but he knew that it might be some time before he’d earned enough trust to leave the palace.

Impulsively, he pulled Maxim into a hug before they parted.

- James -

James pulled Rise in tightly. He saw on her face that she realized the consequences as much as he did. Still she offered her support. And that’s why he loved her even more.

“Thank you.”

“Of course we’ll make it work because I love you,” he said softly. “It won’t be forever. I’ll come back every few months and eventually I won’t be needed over there anymore.”

Lenka stayed back, actually looking a little lost. It was surprising news, but she could tell her brother had really thought this through and was serious about this. How would it feel to be here without him?

To distract herself, she turned back to Jax.

“What is going to happen to the people from the Old Guard and Ariana?” she asked him.

- Arya -

It took Arya a few moments to allow herself to release Raidon from the embrace.

“I knew you’d be okay,” she said gave him a short kiss. “I just missed you terribly, Samael.”
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:55 am

- Alina -

"I thought you might feel that way." Alina said as they made their way down the hall and into an unoccupied courtyard. "That's how I knew you would be ready." She turned to the other woman with a knowing smile.

"Before this whole ordeal, I wouldn't have been willing to let it all go." Alina gestured to the walls around them, silently indicating what she meant. "No one else was prepared to bear that burden. That much was obvious by the number of people who wanted it."

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown."
She continued after a brief pause, only now realizing how true those words had been for her personally. "You cannot be a true leader until you've tasted the bitterness of total defeat. Keep that in mind as you lay the flagstones for those to follow."

Yes, hopefully the next generation would learn from her mistakes, and from Serena's as well, when that time came. "If you ever need a friend, you need not look too far. As someone who has sat in that chair, I'm in a unique position to offer you advice, but that's all it can ever be. I have no desire to make the decisions for an entire nation any longer, and I trust that you'll be able to make your own decisions with the help of your Council."

-------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

As she turned the corner, it was obvious that the Council had made their decisions. The Arusians seemed to be interspersed with Aegis, and she gave a small wave to Ehlana as she stepped into the room. Who could have known that the prisoner she'd been responsible for helping transport only a handful of days ago would be moving freely amidst the crowd?

Speaking of the crowd... Lisa's eyes drifted to Raidon and her sister sharing a mushy moment. It felt good to see that sappy smile on Arya's face. After all she'd gone through, it was good to see that she was being treated well. The irony of who had put that smile there also wasn't lost on her, but in the last week or so, she'd come to accept that Raidon had made great efforts to change. Somehow, in her mind, he'd moved from tolerable to likable.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:29 am

Caltha - Palace

- Maxim -

Maxim’s eyes widened in surprise as Kurik hugged him, but after a moment, he smiled and returned the hug. Kurik pulled away after a moment and departed, leaving Maxim to watch after him.

This wasn’t the outcome he intended. But perhaps, in the end, things had still worked out.

He smiled to himself, eyes trained on Kurik’s back. They would all see Kurik’s worth some day, the way he had that first day they met so long ago. He was already walking down that path, confident and strong and full of convinction.

Maxim had done his part, done everything he could. Now, it was time to step back, to watch and see what Kurik would become.

- Jax -

Jax sighed and folded his arms at Lenka’s question.

“It was tricky,” he said. “But we allowed those who wanted it to willingly conscript again and start at the bottom of the Army. Those who didn’t wish to rejoin will have their strains silenced and be kept under probationary watch.”

He shook his head. It would have been good if everyone could have cooperated. Most did, but it was unrealistic to expect everyone to do so. Still, the fact that the large majority did was encouraging. They needed to heal and mend, and the only way to do that was to reach out and find ways to bridge the gaps.

“Ariana was a big help,” he said. “I think her speech to the Old Guard before the Council helped to sway most of the back into the Army. She even offered to take punishment in their place as their leader and the force that swayed them against the Army. She was pardoned, though, due to her age and the circumstances surrounding all she did to help us. It was agreed that she’d be kept under Alina’s care until she’s of legal age. A sort of probation as well, honestly, but I don’t think either of them see it that way.”

“No, I don’t.”

Ariana appeared from behind him. She looked much younger without her sharp Old Guard uniform, and it did a lot to show the gentleness of her eyes and features.

“I’m not sure I really deserved that leniency,” she said. “But I am grateful. I just hope I can figure out what to do from now on, how to turn this whole experience into something meaningful.”

“Give it time,” Jax said, putting a hand on her hand. “You don’t need to have everything figured out today. One step at a time.”

She smiled up at him, then looked at the rest of Aegis.

“Thank you all... for giving me a chance.”

- Arya -

Raidon melted into Arya’s kiss, even if it only lasted a moment.

“I missed you, too,” he said softly.

His hand slid down from her shoulder to her arm, and after a moment, it drifted over to Arya’s stomach. It might have been his imagination, but he thought he could feel the warmth radiating from it... from his children.

Something welled up in him, and as his grey eyes drifted to meet Arya’s, it threatened to drown him completely.

“Arya... I...”

He dropped to his knee, pressing his lips to her hand. He hadn’t intended this, any of this. When it happened, it was supposed to be planned, careful, perfectly researched like scouting the tactical vantage points for a winning battle maneuver. But somehow, with his feelings crashing over him like a tidal wave, he couldn’t stand the thought of waiting a second longer.

He looked up, let their eyes meet as he struggled to regain his voice. “Will you marry me?”

- Serena -

“Thank you,” Serena said softly. It meant a lot to have Alina backing her, not just as a leader but as a friend. “I’m sorry it took this long for me to say, but Kaddath owes you more than we can ever repay. Thank you... for everything you’ve done.”

She wanted to leave it at that, to let Alina walk off and find some peace away from all this world and all that it took from people. But she couldn’t just leave it at that.

“If you ever feel willing to return, I’ll always welcome you on the Council,” she said. “In whatever capacity you want.”

Serena nodded, smiled, and headed back off into the Palace to meet with more of her advisors. There was still work that neded to be done.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:54 am

Luke

"Giving you a second chance?" Said Luke, smiling at her gently. "You got it all wrong, Ariana. You earned it." Said Luke, "And besides, it's a short life. Everyone needs a second chance, second beginning." Then he paused, lowering himself to Ariana's level. "You have already made it meaningful, when you accepted this as a new beginning. So, make it colorful." He smiled warmly. "Maybe, this time, you could finally be you,"

Then he chuckled, getting himself back up to stand tall. "That said, enjoy it while you can. You are probably going to start schooling, that place may not be so fun." Luke rubbed his neck, as if he was calling back his own memories of school days. "Well, some part of it anyways."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Caltha - Palace

- Kurik -

When Serena arrived back at the palace, she found Kurik waiting for her. Relaxed, he leaned in the doorway, accompanied by a guard standing a few feet in the hallway behind him.

He was wearing a neutral expression, unsure yet how it would be to work with Serena.

“Is there anything I can do right now?” he asked, struggling to get the words out. It felt more than awkward.

“Also, do you want me to call you High General?” he added, trying to get a feel for her character.

- Lenka -

Lenka jumped on to Luke’s train of thought.

“Yes, maybe you can go to the university early,” she said excitedly, “It’s not a bad place. I’m still enrolled and so is Marcus.” She smiled at Ariana.

Lenka was a moment away from sharing more of her thoughts when suddenly the most unexpected happened as Raidon dropped to one knee.

From all the people here, she would have expected him to be the last person to spontaneously propose. However, the moment was so sweet, she could actually feel herself tearing up.

She looked over to Lisa, wondering if she would be just as happy as her sister.

- Arya -

Arya noticed when Lisa walked in and smiled in her direction. She was about to walk over towards her, when Samael suddenly grabbed her hand and dropped to one knee.

A turmoil of emotions showed on her face. Surprise, happiness, love all in one.

Arya locked her eyes on Samael. She almost couldn’t believe this. After all they had been through not just now with the pregnancy, but even before that… and he still had decided that she was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

“Yes,” she replied, her voice thick with emotion. “A thousand times yes.”

“You have no idea, how happy you make me…no, us…with this,” Arya said and lightly pulled him up. “I love you Samael and I could never be with anyone else than the father of our children.”

She gazed into his eyes and pulled him close, unable to remember if she’d ever been happier.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:09 am

- Lisa -

"What did I miss?"

Lisa jerked at the voice behind her, but finished wiping the tear from her eye before she turned towards Alina. "My sister is gonna get married."

"Your sister is?" Alina blinked, clearly trying to catch up to the current point in the conversation. It was pretty obvious to Lisa when that happened, because the woman's eyes widened, and she turned towards Arya and Raidon, who were sharing another moment in the middle of all the conrgatulations.

"Well, damn. Who would have thought Raidon would tie the knot before me?" Alina teased, a grin pulling at her lips. "Aren't you going to go congratulate them?"

"Yeah." Lisa turned back towards the crowd, but she made no effort to move. "I'll do that just as soon as I'm sure I won't be a weeping mess by the time I cross the room."

She took another steadying breath and felt Alina's hand on her shoulder. "Just go. Arya won't care, and I think it might do Raidon some good to see you emotional for a change."

The gentle push against her back was all she'd really needed, although Lisa hadn't realize that for herself. Sniffing back tears, she pushed through the crowd, and as Arya and Raidon parted for a moment, Lisa absconded with her sister, pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you!"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:57 am

Caltha - Palace

- Serena -

It was a bit lonely, parting from Alina. She had a lover and friends to go back to. That Aegis group was more than just a coalition of people fighting for a common cause. It was a family.

Maybe that was how Alina had lasted as long as she had. Maybe she’d need that too for the days ahead.

She paused in the corridor at the sight of Kurik, leaning in the doorway and studying her.

“Is there anything I can do right now?” he asked, clearly struggling with what to say. “Also, do you want me to call you High General?”

Serena smiled and shook her head. “I’m neither high nor a general. And besides, I think Kaddath has had enough of those.”

She gazed toward the Council Chamber, at the added seats that showed visible progress of how Kaddath was slowly moving away from military autocracy and toward a representative government.

“Minister Winters has always suited me in the past,” she said, nodding. “I think Prime Minister will suffice now.”

She gestured to him to join him for a walk. Last night, it certainly didn’t seem like things would turn out this way. But here they were, walking together on one side.

“Tell me about Arusia. I want to know what everything about it,” she said, turning to gaze at him. “I want to know what you think.”

- Rise -

Ariana beamed up at Luke and Lenka as they encouraged her.

“I think I’d like that,” she said as Alina finally came over to join them.

Jax put an arm around Alina, and as they stood there, the three of them almost looked like a family. Rise smiled at the thought.

Then Raidon proposed, and everyone’s attention was suddenly enraptured by the display. Tears pricked at Rise’s eyes as she watched. They’d come so far...

“You’d better be back in time for the wedding,” Rise said, poking James in the ribs. “No way are missing out on this.”

“Guess that means I’ll have to cut my travels short.”

Rise turned around at the voice behind her. “Alex!”

Alex grinned. “Hey, Rise. Sorry, got caught up in daydreaming about my future plans. Seems like everything’s tying up nicely.”

“Yeah...” Rise glanced at Raidon and Arya embracing with Lisa in their midst, Jax and Alina and Ariana together, the Arusians huddled in a group smiling, Marcus and Lenka by each other’s sides, and James besides her holding her hand.

Something was missing though. If only...

“I wanted to say goodbye,” Alex said, and she blinked in surprise. “I’ve decided I want to do some traveling. Don’t worry. I’ll stop in to say hi. And to make my appointments with Lisa.” He laughed. “But... I just want to be free for a while, take in the world. I’ve cut myself off for so long, and I need to make myself part of it again. Remember what I was living for all this time.”

“Alex...” Rise pulled him into a hug. They’d be separating again, for a while, but it wouldn’t be like last time. She was sure of that.”

“Luke...” Alex turned to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. “I know you have your own life, but... I wanted you to come with me. You reminded me of who I used to be. I think I can learn... or re-learn, a lot from you. If you’ll let me.”

Luke cheerfully smiled, "Hey, what do you know, teach! I was about to ask you the same thing!"

Now, it was perfect. Rise looked around at everyone, all together and looking toward the future. Somehow, she felt certain that this was the end for Aegis. It didn’t make her sad, however. That purpose had ended, but they had new purposes now and new things to look forward to.

A better future

A better Kaddath.

Fin

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Epilogue

Ergo Research Lab

Together at last.

Maxim couldn’t help but smile. For what felt like ages, he’d finally be seeing Kurik again, even if only for a brief visit. There were so many questions he wanted to ask, and so much time he just wanted to spend sitting together in silence like they used to in his examining room. His heart ached for that simplicity, and yet, he couldn’t look back like that. Wouldn’t. Not after how far Kurik had come.

“Hey, focus,” Kokonoe snapped. “Daydream on your own time.”

“Apologies,” Maxim replied cheerily, returning to his task. “I wouldn’t want to make a mistake with Lambda, of all things.”

Lambda gazed up at him from the table where they were doing her tune-up. “I’ve observed you nearly continuously since you began here, Maxim. You don’t make mistakes.”

“Don’t flatter him,” Kokonoe sighed. “He hardly needs it.”

Maxim laughed. “Kokonoe is right, of course. Besides, I’ve made plenty of mistakes, even if they weren’t technical in nature.”

Kokonoe adjusted her glasses. “You’re too polite. It’s kind of off-putting you know.”

Millie started fussing from her corner of the lab where a playpen had been set up. Kokonoe glanced over and allowed a smile to slip out before looking at Keynes. “Hun, can you?”

She turned back to the table and picked up the display pad for Lambda’s vital signals. “So, where were we?”

“Career paths at Ergo,” Ariana perked up, where she’d been patiently waiting. “You telling me about the different opportunities here at the lab and the requirements. For my school project.”

“Yeah, right.” Kokonoe shrugged. “Well, considering most of my staff might as well be howler monkeys in lab coats, I’m not sure how low the requirements have gotten recently. But I can find out for you.”

“Thanks.” Ariana glanced over at Jax and Alina, who were standing together talking. It was still new, this feeling of having family and friends and people who cared about her. Except Farrington. Sometimes, it still hurt to think about him, especially when Maxim was still here. But she had to let that go, to move on from that old past.

“Are you interested in science, Ariana?” Maxim asked, glancing up from his work. “I assumed you’d go into politics.”

Ariana bit her lip. “I don’t know. I’m not sure anyone would want to follow me again after everything that happened.”

“Stranger things have happened,” Kokonoe said. “After all, no one thought Alina would ever lead after being disgraced from the Army by Adalia. But she brought Kaddath back from civil war and chaos. There’s wisdom in defeat. Better leaders who’ve failed and learned than one’s who’ve never known loss.”

“Well said,” Maxim mused.

“Thanks,” Ariana replied. Who knows, maybe they were right. She glanced over at Alina again. If she could grow up to be a strong like Alina, she knew she’d make a difference, whatever path she took.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:35 am

Ergo Research Lab

As the doors opened to allow them access into the lab, Alina couldn't shake the feeling that washed over her. An animated Ariana spoke rapidly with Kokonoe and Maxim. The girl had truly come out of her shell in the last couple of months, and Alina honestly couldn't describe how she felt about it all. It was like she and Jax had suddenly inherited an almost grown child, and now that Ariana was spreading her wings, it felt like she was leaving all too soon. Was this what her father had meant when he told her that she was growing up too quickly?

She sighed, leaning into Jax, who had stopped with her since both of her arms were wrapped around one of his. When he turned a questioning look in her direction, she shrugged and rested her head against his shoulder. "I'm just enjoying the moment. You know?"

The door buzzed in complaint. So, they took a couple steps forward, allowing it to slide closed behind them. None of the others seemed to have noticed their presence. Between Ariana and Lambda, they seemed otherwise occupied. Keynes strode across the room and lifted Millie over his head, causing a chorus of high-pitched giggles to fill the lab, and Alina felt another pang. Ariana would always be family. She had official adoption papers to prove it.

Going straight from nothing to raising a teenager meant she'd missed a lot of steps along the way though. Smiling to herself, she turned her head and pressed a soft kiss to Jax's shoulder. "Millie is so cute, playing with her daddy."

When Jax shot her a questioning look, she pulled him back towards the door. No one had noticed them enter. So, she doubted they'd notice if the couple left just as quietly.

As the doors closed behind them, she rose to her toes, whispering into Jax's ear. "I want one."

Untangling her arms from his, she grabbed Jax's hand and practically pulled him down the hall.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:34 am

Ergo Research Lab

- Kurik -

Kurik politely held the door open for Serena when they entered the Ergo Research facility. She stepped through, a light smile on her face.

It had taken some time for them to finally work well together. At first she had thought they were too different to ever see eye to eye. There had been endless discussions, even before the Council meetings, where he challenged every one of her decisions, asking about a thousand details. It was a frustrating and tiring process.

In the end, she had come to realize, that in his own way, Kurik was only trying to help her. By making her think and reconsider all the details and reasons for every decision, it had been much easier to present them to the Council.

By now he had become an invaluable advisor with a unique perspective, not only for matters regarding Arusia, but also in regards to military and strain matters. And while he tended to challenge her decisions, he never tried to influence them and that, she valued above all else.

“You have a spring in your step,” she commented.

“Can you blame me?” Kurik asked, his eyes sparkling with excitement. “It’s been far too long since we had a field trip.”

Field trip.

Another odd term to describe their meetings outside of the palace, but it had a ring of truth to it. It was true, the number of times Kurik had been allowed to leave the palace had been few and far between, but he hadn’t complained.

At first, they had tried to keep him isolated, but Serena soon realized, that while he quietly accepted it, it had affected his mood and he seemed almost depressed. Kurik seemed to thrive on human contact and interaction and allowing him to roam the palace and its grounds and in general just letting him to talk to whoever he wanted to, had made him much happier.

Though it worried her at first, not knowing what he was up to or who he was talking it, that worry had soon subsided. It was replaced by a certain amount of trust.

“And in addition… it has been far too long since I saw Maxim,” Kurik added, his expression softening.

Serena nodded. They arrived at the door leading to Kokonoe’s lab.

“Don’t forget, that we’re also here to work,” she said.

“Of course, Prime Minster,” Kurik replied, the words coming much more fluently than a few months ago. He opened the door, allowing Serena to step through first.

Stepping past Kokonoe and Keynes after giving them a respectful nod, he went immediately over to Maxim. For a moment he was surprised to see Ariana here, but he gave her smile.

“Miss Ariana,” he greeted her.

Maxim offered him a handshake, but Kurik was having none of this reserve and pulled him close into a hug.

“Maxim, how have you been?” he asked, clearly happy to see his friend. With a grin, he released him.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Ergo Research Lab

- Jax -

Alina’s sigh caused Jax to glance down at her, leaning against him entwined around his arm, so beautiful and so relaxed.

She shrugged at his look and rested her head against his shoulder. "I'm just enjoying the moment. You know?"

“Yeah.” He smiled. The time away from the Capital had done her a lot of good, a chance not only to put aside the burdens she’d carried for so long, but to take the time to get to know Ariana and grow closer with her.

Jax turned his attention away from Ariana, who was talking with Kokonoe, Maxim, and Lambda and turned to look at Keynes and Millie when Alina prompted him.

“Yeah, she is,” he said, grinning. Hard to believe someone so sweet could come from Keynes and Kokonoe.

Alna tugged at his arm, and he allowed her to pull him back through the door and into the hallway.  As the doors closed behind them, she rose to her toes and whispered in Jax's ear. "I want one."

His eyes widened. “You...”

Before he could finish that though, she untangled herself from him and pulled him down the hall.

“What, right now?” he asked, blushing. The spontaneity of it was enough to totally catch him off guard. And yet, there was something coiling in his stomach at the same time, something craving that sudden rush of passion without a care for anything else in the world.

Care like Serena, who was walking down the hall.

Alina didn’t seem to notice, but he locked eyes with Serena just before they turned the corner, his cheeks flushing as they ducked out of sight. Better not to think about facing her across the Council Chamber just now.

There were better things to focus on, like the ripple of Alina’s silky red hair, that teasing twinkle in her eyes and the playful curve of her lips. She was so open and free, like the child she’d had to lock away at such a young age was finally able to come out. And when she pressed her lips to his, his hand brushing against her stomach, he couldn’t help but smile into the kiss.

He and Alina, starting a family.It felt right. This time, this feeling. He hadn’t even realized till now how much he’d wanted this, but she’d stolen the idea right out of him, along with all his breath.

He inhaled the scent of her her hair, soaked in the warmth of her smile, and he smiled back too.

--------------------------------------------------

- Serena -

Serena watched Kurik and Maxim embrace, and she couldn’t help but smile to herself. Regardless of what it had caused back, then, she couldn’t deny that they had a beautiful bond.

Speaking of beautiful bonds, her thought drifted back to Alina and Jax, playful stealing through the halls like a pair of lovesick teenagers. She’d never seen that side of Alina before, and it made her happy to think that everything had come together in the end. Even if she wasn’t proud of every decision she’d made, it led up to this place, the place where Alina could run freely without a care in the world, so far divorced from the lonely, burdened figure atop the throne.

“I hope that happiness lasts, Alina,” she thought. “After everything you’ve done for us, you deserve it.”

“Look at those two...” Kokonoe mused, shaking her head. “Never would have thought it’d end up like this.”

Neither would she. But Kurik had proved valuable, more valuable than she would have guessed. And while he didn’t make things easy for her, she appreciated that. Iron sharpens iron, and friends sharpen friends...

Serena smiled. “What do you say we give them a little break? I could use a little coffee myself.”

“Ergo’s coffee?” Kokonoe scoffed. “Well, if you say so.”

She finished up with Lambda, who climbed off of the table and headed over to Keynes, carefully taking Millie from him. With more care than anyone would guess from a battle machine, Lambda carefully cradled the little girl and began to recite a story for her.

“Come on, hun,” Kokonoe said, taking his hand and stealing a kiss when no one was looking. “Stale coffee, then business.”

Serena held out a hand to Ariana. “Care to join us? Maybe you can explore some other career options.”

Ariana’s face lit up, and she felt in step beside Serena as they headed out.

When everyone had left them, Maxim took Kurik and led him outside the facility to where they could see the ocean. When they’d finally caught up on all the work each of them had been doing, they lapsed into contemplative silence.

“Sometimes, I still think of how I’d be sitting in my lab now, far under the ground,” Maxim mused. “If you hadn’t come along...”

He’d always known, and his faith had proven true. Kurik had truly formed the bridge between Arusia and Kaddath. Even now, greater ties and integration continued by the day. Someday, all of Arusia might make their home in Kaddath, and all the work each country had done alone might join together to catapult them forward into a new golden age, like one before the Great Flood that tore everything apart.

“I’m proud of you,” he said. “You’re even more than I thought you could be.”

Yes... he patted Kurik’s arm and smiled. He’d been wrong to force Kurik to assume a mantle of leadership. That’s not what Kurik wanted, or who he was. A bridge didn’t lead. It joined two sides together, that someone else might forge the way across.

For so long, Kurik had felt like he didn’t have a place to belong, but he was wrong. He hadn’t been without a home. He’d always had three. One with Kaddath, and one with Arusia.

And, of course, one with Maxim. Wherever that may be.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:34 pm

Nadenka’s House – Aruka Manor (Aruka = Arusia + Kaddath)
Belobog

Belobog’s hand moved quickly to his mobile device, shutting it before it rang its alarm. Belobog stretched his arms, and gave final yawn of the day. He smiled, looking at the time, and the mark of his calendar.

He gently hummed, and take a quick wash of his face and hands. With that taken care of, Belobog entered the kitchen, started cooking black beans and onions, the sweet smell started its dance. With his gentle humming and his knife started melodical chopping of vegetables, and other ingredients. Today, he was going to make some burritos; some with meats, and some with vegetables. Nadenka told Belobog that he was spoiling his two comrades with his cooking skills and asked him to do something simple in breakfast, but Belobog couldn’t help it. He felt like he owned the world when he saw his two comrades enjoy the food.

Perhaps, if he completes his sentence, he should open a restaurant and be a cook. Belobog chuckled at the idea, and started wrapping up the cooked ingredients. He sliced some for the ladies, and left some unsliced as he knew Alexei’s appetite. He took a bite of the slice to check the food of its taste, it was just right.

“Now then, time to wake up those sleepy heads.” He smiled as he put his master work on the table. He heard some doors opening, “Or perhaps they are already up.” He commented, smiling gently.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Nadenka

Morning came, and Nadenka held Alexei closer to her. After Alexei entered her life, every morning was a struggle. She did not want to leave Alexei’s warmth, but she learned to let it go whenever Alexei’s stomach make honest noise. Nadenka shook her head in disbelief, burying her head to his chest as if she was making her last protest to wake up.

“Well, aren’t you a mood breaker.” She teased as she smiled with her eyes closed. Then her hands held on the Alexei’s neck, pulling her lips to kiss the cheek of Alexei. “Good morning, любимый (sweet-heart in Russian, любимая is how one would address woman as sweet-heart in Russian)”

Then there was a knock on the door, Nadenka smiled, “As usual, he is so punctual.” Said Nadenka, with her eyes closed. “How did you two survived without him?” she asked as she stretched and opening her eyes, looking at Alexei with a playful smile. “I bet you two skipped meals when he was not around.”
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:11 am

Nadenka's House - Aruka Manor

- Ehlana -

Ehlana entered the kitchen through the main door, sweat dripping from her face. She’d been out for an early morning run. Again.

“Smells great, Belo,” she commented. “Lemme just jump into a quick shower.”

And within a moment she had disappeared in her room. A few seconds later the rushing sound of water could be heard.

Running outside had become one of her favorite activities and by now she’d fully embraced the life in Kaddath. Spending so much time outside, she looked quite tan and her usual grey hair was much longer than normal and had turned white from all that sun exposure.

Ehlana emerged from her room, the white hair pulled up into a ponytail, wearing the military police uniform.

“I gotta swing by the office for an hour or two,” she said. Seeing that Belo was about to protest, she held up her hand. “Don’t worry. I know it's Alexei's birthday. I won’t be late tonight.”

“But you don’t want to explain to the Council why the latest reports on military strain silencing weren’t finished in time for their next meeting,” Ehlana grimaced. “You know how they get when one of us misses a deadline. I don’t want to embarrass Jax.”

While she loved her new job and she enjoyed working with Jax and the other Arusians, she felt the Council was still very strict with them.

She sat down at the table and poured a cup of coffee, looking over the food appreciatively. Belo had really improved his cooking skills even more.

“What’s with those two sleepy heads? Are they up yet?” she asked Belo, pointing towards the room of Alexei and Nadenka.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 4 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next