Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Mark of Mastery I

Go down 
+4
jorgiguel
NoIn-LoKi
Nexius
Prisma*Illya
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

The Mark of Mastery I Empty
PostSubject: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 pm

The Mark of Mastery I Komori

Mark of Mastery I

All right, trainees! It's time for your final exam. Show everything you've learned and just how far you've grown. Seize the mantle of Vanguard... or abandon this path for good!

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Wed May 08, 2019 11:57 pm

Spoiler:

Today was the day.

The air was thick with tension, excitement, and expectation as the trainees filed into the Training Hall for the Mark of Mastery exam.

Bastion held his head high, projecting a confidence he didn’t entirely feel. His calculations were as perfect as could be, every variable accounted for. But there was always a division between the theoretical and the reality occupied.

Still, at some point, one had to step into reality and do what needed to be done. His father had wheeled himself down to the Vanguard barracks, waiting to hear the results. It was now or never.

“Welcome!” Komori boomed. “Today will commemorate yet another Mark of Mastery exam. Some of you will leave this hall Vanguards of Chaldea, protectors of humanity. Some of you will leave for good, never to return. Understand the consequences of this test. There is no second chance.”

Bastion swallowed, his eyes traveling from the boisterous figure of Komori to the solemn figure in the corner, swishing his tail lazily back and forth.

Spoiler:

“I’ve trained you all to the best of my abilities, and you’ve all had ample time to hone yourselves to your best,” Komori continued. “Now, it’s time to put the results of your work to the test! Trust in your yourselves, trust in your teammates, and entrust your blades to fate.”

Bastion frowned. Fate had nothing to do with it. All he needed was skill and intellect, and he’d make it through.

“Those of you who wish to take the exam, step forward.”

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Thu May 09, 2019 10:05 am

Gad

"It's time to be up, Gad" Gideon shifted his body away from the voice. "No, I am going to sleep more." Eins shook his head, one could hear sighing from the mask. "Come on, pal. This is the moment we have been training for!" Eins took Gideon's blankets away, making Gideon fall to the ground.

Gad woke up with his hair in a mess. He got up from the bed and started to prepare himself for the examination. Gad's red eyes drifted to his weapon. "Eins..." He muttered, and let out a deep breath.

With his weapon on his shoulder, he made it to the hall with the others. When the time came for the examinee to make their final decision to take the exam, Gad stepped forward without any form of hesitation.

Gad looked at Komori, knowing already that Komori was the final obstacle that he had to overcome. The first time he took the test, he had Eins and the other starter demon to help him out... And Gad, looking back, knew Komori was going to make it reasonable for the rookies.

But Gad wanted to ask Komori, no, actually wanted to tell him that his ways of training the rookies, it makes them leave this hall with overconfidence; a poison that could take away their lives.

Then again, Gad swallowed it. Gad knew well enough that Komori was doing his best for the new vanguards.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Thu May 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Vanguard Training Hall

- Vayu -

Vayu had been up even before dawn broke. Despite getting to sleep much later than he anticipated, he felt awake and refreshed.

Long before it was time for the exam, he sat on a bench in the Training Hall with crossed legs, hands relaxed in his lap and eyes closed. Anticipation rose in his body as the time drew near and he tried to channel his energy. As the sun rose, he was only listeninig to his breath, allowing it to clear his mind for the task ahead.

When the others finally arrived, he fell in line with them, listening to Komori’s opening words.

There was no turning back now. He glanced at Zephyr and Bastion once.

He took a deep breath and then decidedly stepped forward.
Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Vanguard Training Hall

Amira

Amira had gone earlier to bed the previous night. She had hoped that a well rest would have aided her in this final exam. Of course, perhaps she forgot that by sleeping earlier she also woke up earlier. Not that that bothered her. She was fine with waking up earlier, it gave her more time to do her daily routine.

She had a short exercise session, consisting of several stretching exercises. She then took a relaxing bath to calm her muscles and mind. As she waited for her hair to dry she continued her read of one of her many books, this one titled "The Beauty and the Beast". Really, how does one even fall for their capture?

After that, she had a quick breakfast in the cafeteria. Although she preferred to not be in the spotlight, she didn't really put the effort in hiding her presence. If people don't notice her, she's fine, if people notice her why should she care?

Her heart nearly skipped a beat when a trainee bumped into her by accident. Although she quickly lowered her head and moved on. Really, why should she care about others noticing her?

"That's not true..." She murmurs to herself as if answering someone that wasn't there.

She reached the Training Hall with still some time to spare. Which she used by standing against the wall as she eyed the people arriving. Perhaps she was interested to see who had given up and left or if anyone interesting were to walk in. In the end, though, she kept a relative distance from the others, far enough that they couldn't interact, but close enough that she could be considered part of them.

It was only when everybody arrived that she walked to the group. As the speech started and continued, Amira felt more and more nervous as she looked around. Her eyes darted everywhere as if looking for someone.

When the speech ended, she waited a bit for others to offer first. After which she too took a step forward. Her heart was beating faster than ever. Was anyone looking at her?
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Thu May 09, 2019 6:23 pm

Vanguard Training Hall

Samael

Samael was jolted wake by the sound of a loud noise going off that sounded like someone was slamming their fist aganist a wall, as Samael quickly flicked his wrist causing the noise manipulation spell to stop.  He found himself laying down face first on a desk, as he rose his head to various needles and threads that were scattered all over the floor like someone had specifically tossed them in a fit of panic.

"Ugh, I knew I shouldn't of stayed up the night before the exam.  I wanted to wear this today, but its condition makes me look like some common ape." Samael scoffed with a long drawn out weary yawn, as he quickly changed into his new outfit, trying to press out to no avail with the creases of frustration in his forehead getting only deeper.

"Whatever, better then this drab." Samael stated holding up an old worn that was covered in patchwork stitching but not a single tear on it. He tossed his old worn outfit onto the desk and briskly walked towards the training hall so he would have some time to spare before they began to the test.

He entered the training hall shortly after, arriving shortly before the test start, glancing around to see the other trainee members who were taking the test.  He recognized them, but he didn't 'know' them, he had been too busy working one time or another and didn't have much time to socialize... so it honestly just felt like he was surrounded by a bunch of strangers.  Though, he didn't have time to pay attention to them, he had a test to pass.

When prompted to step forward Samael quickly took a step forward with a sharp and determined gaze driving straight into the instructor. He'd be lying if said he wasn't nervous.  He could feel his hands shaking a bit, but he was going to pass this test, no other outcome will happen.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 1:36 am

- Cleo -

Cleo stifled a yawn as he slipped into the training hall. He was only barely late. A small price to pay for the evening he'd shared with a pair of dryads looking for someone to keep them warm on a chilly night. He'd been more than happy to assist them, but now it was time for business. Passing the Mark of Mastery exam needed to be his sole priority.

Hello...

While Komori droned on in the background, Cleo focused on the fine posterior that had just taken a step forward. He was familiar with the majority of the other students, but Cleo made sure to know each of the young women that passed through the doors of the Vanguard facilities. Unfortunately, the majority of this year's class appeared to be decidedly male, but here was a diamond in the rough.

Grinning to himself, Cleo slipped through the crowd of students that seemed to be dragging their feet and stepped up beside the young woman. "Good morning, sweet Amira." He whispered, a wolfish smile firmly in place. "Is your heart racing, or is it just me?" Cleo teased when he noticed that she seemed unusually flushed.
Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 5:24 am

Vanguard Training Hall

Amira

Amira's eyes darted around as she attempted to inspect the trainees in line. She was curious to see those who had the will to step forward first rather than wait. Of course, this also meant that she looked at those who stepped after her.

She couldn't remember their names, likely because she avoided interacting with them. So when a blond trainee moved next to her she didn't find it strange. After all, of course, he is here for the same reason as her. To pass the exam.

"Good morning, sweet Amira."

So when she heard his voice pronouncing her name she couldn't help but flinch in surprise and look directly at him, her hand almost going for her blade before she noticed that it was another trainee. Well, directly as in, looking at his face while avoiding his eyes.

"Is your heart racing, or is it just me?"

Wrong, her heart wasn't racing at all! It was as if her heart stopped beating and her blood run cold. Who was this person? She remembers glimpses of him, but not his name. Oh... His name is that...

After a small pause as Amira adjusted her posture she managed to bring out "Hey Cleo, I'm fine... thanks." To say that she ignored his question would be wrong. Rather than ignore his question, she merely interpreted it as 'how are you doing?'.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 10:03 am

Zephyr Arc - Vanguard Training Hall

In spite of Cherry's best efforts, Zephyr had managed to sleep in and almost he late. He stood in like with a slight bit of bed hair, yawning lazily. His clothes still looked impeccable, and a small figure could be seen frantically fixing his hair. Giving a once-over to the others and registering the two from the previous night, he stepped forward, still yawning occasionally.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 1:35 pm

Scarlet

Scarlet had spent the morning nervously preparing for the Mark of Mastery. It was her only chance at achieving her dream. If she failed...

"You won't fail, my dear Scar."

Scarlet was brought out of her worrying by Nekomata hugging her from behind. She relaxed at the familiar prescence.

"I know, Neko. It's just... I've been working so hard for this. If I fail, if I go home without this..."

"And it's because you've put in the effort that you'll succeed. Have more faith in yourself."

Scarlet smiled at that.

"Yeah... you're right Neko. Thanks."

"No problem~. Don't forget Warg and I will be there to help."

"Thanks... I should get going then."

Scarlet dismissed Nekomata before donning her combat gear and headed towards the training hall. She wasn't the first to arrive, it looked like a number of students had arrived early. Komori stood in front of the assembled students and called for participants to step forward. She took a deep breath and stepped forward with the others.

She noticed a few familiar faces from her classes, smiling and giving a small wave to Amira and Vayu.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 1:42 pm

This was the most the important day of their careers, and some people still couldn’t manage to take the situation seriously. Cleo was unapologetically tardy, and Zephyr couldn’t stop yawning and trying to get his unkempt hair into place. Honestly... Bastion glared at them in silent judgment, something he’d spent years mastering. Not that either of them seemed to notice, but it was the principal of the thing.

Spoiler:

The trainees began to step forward, one by one, at Komori’s call. The girl beside him, Amira, moved into place, and Bastion prepared to follow.

The Cleo stepped forward, angling to get near to Amira for some shameful attempts at flirting. Oh, for goodness sake! This was really too much. It was clear she had no interest - and even if she did, this was hardly the place. Bastion took a clipped step forward, stepping neatly in between Cleo and Amira to cut off the conversation. He kept his face firmly forward, supremely unconcerned with Cleo response. At least, that’s how he wanted to appear.

Komori scanned the ranks of trainees, smiling and nodding. “Good. Now then-“

“Hmm? What’s this?”

All eyes turned to the figure who’d stepped into the room, a vision of beauty in black. Lovely as she was, there was an undisguised air of danger about her.

Spoiler:

“Aeris.” Komori’s demeanor became muted. “It’s been a while since you’ve been in the city.”

“You noticed?” She smiled. “I’m flattered.”

Komori scratched at his chin, something at a loss for words.

“So, this is the latest batch of potential Vanguards,” she said, turning her eyes to the group. From the way she surveyed them before turning away, it was clear she didn’t think much of them.

Bastion’s temper flared. Who was this woman? Brazenly interrupt this auspicious occasion was inexcusable. He turned his stare of judgment on her, but she failed to notice he existed.

Spoiler:

“Did you need something, Aeris?” Komori prompted. “As you can see, we’re in the middle of the exam.”

Aeris waved an airy hand. “Nothing that can’t wait. Go on.”

She strode away toward the wall, nodding toward the leopard-like figure in the corner. It nodded back, though its eyes followed her with a cautious, probing stare. Not much trust there.

“The rules of the exam are simple,” Komori went on. “You will work together to fight against me. Now, some of you may wonder why you aren’t challenged individually. Does anyone know why this is?”

Bastion threw his hand into the air. “Vanguard missions are largely conducted in groups of three or more, and it’s essential to understand the fundamentals of teamwork to accomplish missions and defeat more powerful foes.”

Komori beamed. “Excellent. While some Vanguard prefer to operate alone....” His eyes flickered back toward Aeris. “It’s standard practice to operate in groups. No matter how skilled you become, you’ll always have weaknesses and blind spots. Your teammates will be invaluable in the field, working together as a unit in ways you can’t as individuals.”

Aeris gave the faintest of snorts as she played with her hair, though Komori ignored this.

“You’ll all be facing me in a match. You can use whatever weapons are at your disposal, as well as your demons. If you haven’t chosen a demon yet, you can choose any of these.”

He gestured to several demons waiting, some patiently and some anxiously, on the sidelines. The jaguar figure in the corner regarded them contemptuously.

[A: I choose/already have a Pixie
B: I choose/already have a Zhen
C: I choose/already have a Xiezhai
D: I choose/already have a Nekomata
E: I choose/already have a Bicorn]

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Gad - E: Choosing Bicorn

Gad's eyes looked at the woman who had entered the training hall; when Komori said her name, Gad could not help but mutter. "One of the best and notorious summoner..."

If I was a summoner as strong as her... A wishful thought rushed into Gad's head. Gad shook his head slowly, letting such thought fade away.

After the routine question of why the exam had to be taken in a group, Gad did not waste his time and approached the demons.

"I have decided to choose a Bicorn as..." Gad stopped, he was about to say, 'my partner.' Gad sighed and rephrased it. "I have decided to choose a Bicorn."

One of the Bicorn came to Gad, and Gad gave the demon a sad look. Gad muttered to the demon, "Just bear with me for this exam." He said to the demon that he had newly acquired. The demon gave a confusing look at Gad, but Gad ignored it.

Gad led the demon and stood ready for the exam.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Zephyr Arc - Already Have a Pixie

Noticing but brazenly ignoring Bastion's stare, Zephyr finally stopped yawning as the formalities finally began, Cherry still whizzing about his head fixing his long hair. He made note of Aeris, noting her features to be similar to one of the many Vanguard his master had described to them.

When Komori finally finished droning and asked them to pick demons, he abruptly plucked Cherry from the air and shoved his hand in the air, showing he already had one. Cherry naturally protested all the while. Luckiy she'd at least finished with his hair by now.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Vanguard Training Hall
[B: I choose a Zhen.]

- Vayu -

Vayu found the interaction between Amira and Cleo slightly amusing but he didn’t allow it to distract himself from the task at hand. It looked like there would be eight of them taking the exam just like Bastion predicted.

He wanted to listen to Komori, but as the speech went on it felt increasingly like a lecture, so his thoughts drifted off. He’d seen the other participants around enough to know at least their names, but had only interacted with few of them, mostly Scarlet and Amira. Of course, he was familiar with Cleo and since last night, he felt like he was beginning to understand Zephyr and Bastion a little better.

However, Aeris sudden appearance disrupted his thoughts. The hairs on his neck stood up when he looked at her from the corner of his eyes. A clear sign of danger. Vayu found it hard to believe that she was just here to observe.

His eyes wandered over to the group of demons, contemplating. Which one would best complement his own and Catequil’s skill sets?

Grasping his Summoner’s gauntlet, he stepped up towards the Zhen demon.

“I chose a Zhen,” he said and looked at the demon. It looked back and snorted almost arrogantly. Vayu shrugged as he prepared the contract.

“At least you have attitude,” he grinned and with a final gesture he unleashed the binding spell that pulled the demon into the gauntlet. “I shall call you Ferox.”
Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Fri May 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Picked Xiezhai

Vanguard Training Hall

Amira

To say that Amira was surprised was an understatement. A new wild trainee appeared and stepped right between Amira and Cleo. Of course, Amira didn't take it well, it was bad enough that Cleo had invaded her space. Now another one does it and he's not even being polite about it!

Not that she could do anything other than try and step away to get some space. Please just start the exam already! That was when Komori's speech ended, halted by a new precense. A woman in black, she was definitely not a trainee, Komori was treating her to... familiar? As if he knew her for some time now. Perhaps a Vanguard that we either trained or fought alongside with.

Of course, it didn't matter to Amira, this woman wasn't part of the exam, so she was just another pair of eyes looking through the new blood of the trainees. Finally, the time to choose a demon arrived, she had wondered what would be picked for her for a while now, although considering the choices she had at least some idea of the most likely candidate.

Amira steps forward towards a herd of Xiezhai. She stopped in front one, the one in front of the herd. Yes, this was definitely the one, the leader of the herd. With her back turned against the trainees, her shoulders relaxed as she stretched her hand forward and petted the Xiezhai's head. It was fluffy, like a sheep. "Sheep who blindly follows the head. Rejoice, for salvation is upon you." She murmurs as the Xiezhai's glows and is sucked into the gauntlet.

Once more Amira's shoulders tense as she turns around and walks back in line. This time away from Cleo and Bastion.

ONLY TRAINERS

Of course, the contract had been done without accidents nor with any hesitation, and with her back turned towards the other trainees, there's no way they would notice. The serene smile of Amira as she touched the Xiezhai, the golden eyes turning back to their normal red as she turned back in line.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 1:20 am

Picking a Nekomata.

- Cleo -

Cleo simply shrugged at Bastion when the man stepped in between Amira and himself. Clearly, the guy needed to relax a little. He'd just been carrying on a simple conversation.

And now, Amira was gone...

He sighed as the young woman pushed forward to claim a demon, clearly putting space between Bastion and herself. She behaved like a frightened little kitten, and that had 'complicated' written all over it. Probably best to move on, although there weren't many other prospects.

Or at least, there hadn't been before the beautiful distraction walked through the room. Nothing about her screamed 'complicated'. She walked and talked like a woman that knew exactly what she wanted and how to get it. If not for the fact that they were in a semi-serious environment, Cleo might have let out an appreciative whistle. No sense in losing any more points with Komori before they even got started. Plus, he still needed to claim his own demon.

Letting out a sigh, he moved in the same direction that Amira had a moment before, although somewhat less enthusiastically. Cleo surveyed the demons available to choose from and was surprised to find one of them staring right back at him.

"You've got good taste." She ran her tongue over one fang and nodded towards the woman that was now standing across the room. "But I can make you forget all about her."

Cleo grinned. Now, this was a game he could play. "You're awfully confident." He responded, stepping forward to get a closer look at her. Sharp facial features, striking eyes, nice curves, and the cat ears seemed to be working for her too.

"Of course. I can tell when a man likes what he sees." She held up her hands, wrists crossed over. "So, how about it? Put me on a leash and give me a reason to purr?"

Cleo reached out and wrapped his long fingers around her wrists, capturing both of her hands. "Maybe later." The gauntlet on his hand glowed, and he released her to reach up and run his hand under her chin. "Right now, we've got work to do."

She leaned into his touch, rubbing her cheek against his palm. "You sure know how to heat a girl up. Let's finish this quick so we can get to the good part."
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 am

Scarlet

[D: I already have a Nekomata]

"Okay, just remember your training..." Scarlet muttered to herself, preparing for the trial to come.

She held out her hand, fingers clenched as she channelled Maga into her gauntlet, bringing Neko forth. Upon appearing, Neko stretched her arms out, sighing.

"Ah, Scar. Is it time?" She looked around at the assembled students. "Mmm, looks like a fair number of your classmates are here too."
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 10:15 am

Samael (I Choose Bicorn)

Samael couldn't help but give a deep scowl in the current of Cleo, as he hands balled into a fist. He couldn't believe someone applying could be so much like a demon. He wanted to smack the imbecile while he was busy looking at his demon, but there was more important work to do... but before that.

"Relax, we'll show how strong we are during the exam, that'll put them in their place." Samael stated to bastion with a firm but sympathetic nod, as he placed his hand on the other members shoulder.

"I'll pick the Bicorn." Samael stated briskly, as he walked over to one bicorn and began sizing to up to see if he met his standards inspecting the muscles of the bicorn and gauging its strength.

He was kneeling down looking at the bicorns legs when he said with a semi-impressed tone, "Not bad, I think this will work out."

Soon after Samael's gauntlet sucked in the bicorn, as he walked back into line and waited for the next part of the exam to start.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 am

"Oh?"

Aeris leaned forward, eyes intent on Amira. Well, that was certainly unusual. The sound of a deep, purring rumble caused her to glance over at Ose, who's eyes were focused on Amira as well.

"Who is she?" Aeris asked.

"Amira," Ose said, gaze still honed on Amira. "That binding chant..."

Aeris cocked her head. "Does she interest you? I'm surprised the great Ose would bother to know the name of some trainees who might not even pass."

"She'll pass," he said flatly. "Besides, there's no pride in ignorance. I know all I can know."

Aeris nodded at that. Interestingly, Komori must have noticed as well, but he didn't seem to react to it. Almost deliberately so...

"Are you interested in her?" Ose asked, shooting her a sidelong glance.

"She's intriguing," Aeris replied. "But probably more trouble than she's worth."

"Heh." Ose snorted. "You're one to talk."

"That's why I'm so qualified to make that judgment," she replied smoothly.

Ose shook his head. "Whatever you're here for, don't make trouble for Komori."

Aeris raised an eyebrow. "I didn't realize you were so concerned with his wellbeing."

"We're bonded. Of course I don't want someone using him."

"You're obligated to protect him," Aeris said, shrugging. "Not to keep him from being used. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're getting very fond of him." She smiled slyly. "Almost... domesticated."

Ose growled. "Watch it."

Aeris shrugged and let it slide. Besides, more interesting things were about to happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alignment Check:

Spoiler:

Bastion surveyed the demons. He'd calculated on the Xiezhai, so it would be best to stick to the plan. As he approached, he caught sight of Cleo's less than professional interaction with his demon and scoffed. Disgraceful...

Preoccupied, he almost ran into a Pixie hovering in front of him. He jumped back, cheeks reddening as the Pixie giggled and winked at him. She was very cute...

No! He shook his head. Preposterous thinking. The Xiezhai, that was his demon. Stick to the plan.

He found a suitable Xiezhai, and after it bowed its head to him, he bound it to his gauntlet. There. Now then. He turned to Komori, who was standing nearby. “Will you be fighting with your demon as well, Sir?” His eyes flickered to the leopard figure once more.

Komori chuckled and scratched at his cheek. “Uh, no. Ose doesn’t like to participate in these battles.”

“I don’t play with cubs,” the leopard figure - Ose - said from the corner, licking his paw lazily. “There’s a strict policy against killing trainees.”

Komori coughed. “In any case, I won’t be using demons. But don’t worry, I should be more than enough challenge for you.”

Aeris frowned at this, but otherwise remained impassive.

“Now then,” Komori continued as everyone gathered around once more. “Here are the rules. If you are able to deal a blow that knocks me to the ground, you win. If you are knocked out or otherwise unable to continue fighting, you fail. Fight however long it takes to complete your goal.”

“That’s it?”

Komori’s jaw tightened as he turned to face Aeris. “You have something to add?”

Aeris pushed off the wall with cat-like grace to match Ose’s. “Komori, training Vanguards has been your life’s work, but you’re too soft on them. You’ve always been willing to push them to their breaking point, but you never push them past that.”

Komori’s frown deepened. “They’re still trainees. There’s only so much that can be expected of them at this point.”

“The world out there doesn’t care what they are.” Aeris folded her arms and regarded him. “You know that better than anyone.”

Komori’s face grew darker than ever. “I don’t need a reminder.”

“Maybe you do.” She sauntered up beside him and stared up into his face. “You want to make sure these kids are prepared for whatever they might face out there? That's why you took this role. Then show them just how rough it can be. They’ll never learn otherwise.”

Now it was Komori’s turn to fold his arms. “I didn’t realize I’d failed you so gravely as a teacher.”

Aeris offered him a mildly apologetic shrug. “Oh, you taught me plenty. But the most important things I had to learn on my own.”

Komori scratched at his chin with a faint rasp, cheeks dusted with pink. “I think I taught you a few things you couldn’t have learned on your own.”

For the first time, Aeris appeared at a loss for words. Then, with a heated laugh, she cocked her head at him. “I see the years haven’t changed some things.”

Komori shrugged. “Some things change, and some don’t. Age is a mysterious thing. You’ll understand when you reach my years.”

“I doubt that,” Aeris said coolly. “I don’t really plan to outlive my welcome on this earth.”

Komori frowned at that. But before he could ask what she meant, Ose interrupted with a rumbling in his throat. When Komori glanced at him, Ose nudged his head in the direction of the trainees.

“Oh, right,” Komori said, face going red. “Where were we?”

Before he could get back on track, Aeris strode in front of him, hands on her hips, and nodded to the trainees. “Listen up, rookies. You can fight Komori, do things the proper way, and go on your merry way. Or you can face me instead and get a taste of what it’s really like out there. I’ll use everything at my disposal - every weapon, spell, and demon I have. And after I break you apart, you just might be able to piece yourself back stronger than you’ve ever been.”

[You:
A: Accept her challenge.
B: Refuse.
C: Say nothing. Let Komori handle her.]

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 11:54 am

Zephyr Arc - Refuse

With Cherry already bound to his gauntlet, Zephyr looked on as the others grabbed their pick of demons with his arms crossed. While most took him as some meathead berserker, he was actually plenty smart, which Bastion probably learned in their session the other night. He analyzed each one quietly, Cherry having settled on his shoulder once again.

His eyes then shot over when he began to hear a disturbance at Komori's side. He observed the altercation intently, trying to grasp their words. He caught just enough to understand that Aeris seemed to think Komori wasn't hard enough on the trainees.

When Aeris announced her challenge, Zephyr grinned. His blood was set aboil. Then he calmed down. From what he'd heard, thar phycho would likely not hold anything back at all, meaning it wouldn't matter how many of them tried to swarm her. They'd be like ants. While the battle might be more fun, losing would also mean losing the chance to join, and thereby also the chance to get stronger and fight even more. After analyzing his options, Zephyr decided to hold his tongue, refusing Aeris and waiting for Komori to do his thing.

Last edited by Spiriter on Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Vanguard Training Hall
[B: Refuse.]

- Vayu -

Vayu returned to the line and crossed his arms impatiently. He glanced up when Bastion piped up with his question, eyes wandering over to Ose for a few seconds. From what he learned yesterday, it was probably better that Komori didn’t allow Ose to participate.

It seemed Aeris disagreed with Komori’s training and testing methods and suddenly proposed a challenge of her own.

Now Vayu actually took a look at her. From their dialogue, it was clear Aeris and Komori had known each other for quite a while, so she must be a skilled Vanguard.

What did he have to gain by accepting her challenge?

Vayu shrugged. He had nothing to prove to her. He was here to pass the exam. Nothing more, nothing less. This was merely a steppingstone on his path to becoming a Vanguard.

While Aeris did have a point, that this test didn’t nearly represent real conditions well enough, he had never intended the Mark of Mastery exam to be his end goal. All the training… it hadn’t been for this. It had been for the days ahead, when they put their lives on the line for real.

Maybe this challenge was a good way to weed out the faint of heart, the people from the city who had lived their lives protected from dangers and demons. But he didn’t need that. He’d already been to hell and back and knew what awaited them outside the walls of Chaldea.

He stepped forward, eyes locked on Aeris.

“I have nothing to prove to you. I choose to face Komori,” he said to her and then walk off, standing off to the side where Komori waited.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Gad - A: Accept Her Challenge

“Listen up, rookies. You can fight Komori, do things the proper way, and go on your merry way. Or you can face me instead and get a taste of what it’s really like out there. I’ll use everything at my disposal - every weapon, spell, and demon I have. And after I break you apart, you just might be able to piece yourself back stronger than you’ve ever been.”

Said Aeris, to the trainees. Gad could feel his jaw tightened; 'do things the proper way, and go on your merry way.' that statement was like a punch to his gut.

'Merry way?' Gad tightened his grip on his weapon. The death of Eins played once again in his head and the demon who took Eins away came to his mind. The helplessness, the hopelessness and the powerlessness he felt at that moment... He was not going for merry way, he was going to be stronger, stronger than before.

Gad stepped forward, the demon beside him, Gad's Bicorn was surprised by Gad's movement. "This is for my own good," Gad stated, his red eyes looking at Aeris' direction. Gad's Bicorn then followed Gad.

As Gad walked towards Aeris to give his reply, he could see a familiar face decided not to accept the challenge. Then again who would? Most of them would probably ignore her challenge, and some may even see anyone accepting that challenge as crazy, insane or some kind of psycho.

But that did not matter. The only way to improve himself further...to make himself stronger, he made the choice.

"I accept, but I would like to add something." Said Gad as he came in front of Aeris. She was taller than Gad had thought, but still, he was tall enough to see Aeris without difficulty. He is after all in the body of 15 years old.

"If I fail, end my life." Said Gad, his eyes stared at Aeris to show that he was not joking about it, "Please."

Gad's eyes were not something screaming suicidal, nor it screamed insanity. But, Gad was serious about the challenge, and his plea, it showed his determination.

As he always said to his old pal, Eins, he was not going to roll over and die. He was not going to give up. Furthermore, to face that demon one day, and if he cannot overcome such a challenge, he would rather die than staying alive.

Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Scarlet

[C: Say nothing. Let Komori handle her.]

Scarlet stood in silence as Komori and Aeris argued. She frowned at Aeris' tone of voice - she seemed to be looking down on the students.

She blinked at Aeris' declaration of an alternate challenge. This didn't sound like standard procedure, if Komori's reactions were anything to go by. Scarlet glanced first at the other students, then at Komori, a worried expression on her face. Aeris held herself with an air of confidence, and if what she had said was true, she would be a much harder prospect to face. Scarlet elected to remain silent.

Beside her, Neko leaned in close to her ear. "She doesn't seem too friendly to you children," Neko whispered.
Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sat May 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Vanguard Training Hall

Amira

Now that Amira away from those two, she feels better and calmer. Although of course her eyes still examined all the picks being done. It's unlikely that she'll remember, but it was still important for her to understand what each one was chosen.

Finally, the time she had waited for arrived, the goals were set. Knock Komori off his feet.

Amira took a step back, hiding her body from sight behind the other trainees. As Aeris and Komori seemed distracted with each other. Amira grabbed her belt's buckle and tore it from the belt. She had analyzed her battlefield enough. It was an open field with no objects in sight.

Now another trainee was talking with Aeris on purpose. Amira couldn't hear it, because her full attention was on one target Komori's head. She could see his head between the gap of trainees.

She lifted her hand behind her head, the buckle tighten by her fingers. "Acceleration" A whisper, targeting herself. Her arm trembles with force as her next action become accelerated.

*crack*

A broken bone and torn muscles as she throws the buckle straight at Komori's head with the speed a blinding bullet. It hurts. But it's fine. The goal is in sight. She runs forward slipping through the crowd "Acceleration" her legs tremble with force.

*crack*

Once more her bones break and her muscle tear as she leaps forward at a tremendous speed. The human body sure is frail. Her body low to the ground, almost like a shadow. Her non-broken arm going for her blade as she tries to strike for his legs in a horizontal swing.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11Sun May 12, 2019 3:34 am

Vanguard Training Hall

Samael

"Excuse me?  You're making quite the assumption..."  Samael stated giving a cold glare to the cocky women in front of him, as continued to say his voice now unnaturally deepening like it was being distorted for effect "I've had my fair share of 'what it's really like out there', to think you could just...."

Samael turned away from the women pushing her aside as some rambling fool, as he flipped his wrist at her like she wasn't worth her time.  Though, he did want to put this women into her place, but he came here to pass this exam not be an idiot.  

However, then one of his team members had the bright idea of accepting the offer and betting his life.... he didn't think they would actually kill him... but who knows what he'd do to himself after this.

"What kind of idiotic request is that?!" Samael stated in a stern voice that deepened even further, as he spun the kid around and tapped his finger into his chest, "How do you expect to get stronger if you're dead?!  We fight together, so if you're insistent on doing this then ask the rest of the group...."

Before he cold respond he felt the wind gush past him, as he noticed a girl dart past him towards the instructor... What the!

"It's just one after another isn't it!" Samael internally screamed in his head his eyes wide with surprise unable to peel them from the situation unfolding before him, but before he could even question whether helping her was the right choice she was already right next to the instructor about to take his legs off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mark of Mastery I   The Mark of Mastery I Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Mark of Mastery I
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next