Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis IC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Satellite Tower

Kokonoe gasped and shut her eyes as a flash of static arced through her glasses, wiping out the sensors in them. She snatched them off immediately, blinking and checking first her eyes and then the glasses to make sure nothing else was wrong with them. It took her a moment to realize Keynes had put his hands on her and was making sure she was all right. Well, this sudden protectiveness was certainly different, but she couldn't say she minded it.

"That rat bastard.." the researcher muttered darkly, glowering at Will as she put back on her glasses and glanced over to the controls as James whispered to her. It was definitely going to be tricky trying to disable it with Will watching over them.

"Well, I'm going to need a hell of a diversion," she said quietly to him, trying to already decide based on the setup she could see how best to go about disarming the cannon.

Meanwhile, Rise could only feel her heart ache terrible at the dizzying revelation that after all this time and everything they'd been through, he'd never been her friend at all. He'd never cared for her in the slightest.

"How could you?" she whispered tearfully. She and Alex and Will... they'd been the original three. They'd been best friends.

When Will directed his spell at Alex, however, something snapped inside Rise. Dashing to his side, she raised her fan and conjured.

"Maragidyne!" she yelled, sending a shower of flaming meteors to intercept the ice crystals.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Satellite Tower

"Yeah, I can do that," James replied, his eyes still on Rise who looked rather shaken up at the revelation of Will. He wished there was something he could do for her, but right now they needed to focus on disabling that cannon. "Get Lambda to protect you in case he redirects any spells," he added.

Just after Rise released her fire spell to save Alex, James stepped forward, hands pushed together.

"Maziodyne," he called out, aiming at Will…Pierrot. He took a few deep breaths, collecting his energy and then conjured another spell circle. He knew it might not kill him since it hadn't worked when Jax tried it, but hopefully it would provide enough distraction for Kokonoe to get a head start.

"Voltic Axis," he shouted and felt his energy drain as he released the spell. Had it felt this exhausting the last time he used it? Breathing hard, he went over to Rise and Alex, hoping they were okay. "You okay?"

Caltha, Palace Square

"No, you can have all the rest you want, love," Snow whispered back, but didn't move to get up. He gazed up at the sky and pulled out another cigarette.

"Honestly, I don't want to go inside," he said after a few moments of quietness. "If these kids fail, and I'm not hoping they do, and this is our last hour, I want to see the sky…" he trailed off, gazing towards the horizon. Yeah, he'd grown up in the country and being able to see the sky and the wide plains and mountains was the one thing he missed while being in the city. It made him feel at home.

"Plus, you're here, so I couldn't wish for anything else in the world," he said huskily while his fingers kept playing with her hair.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:37 am

Satellite Tower

"Even breaking that machine wouldn't work?" Alex thought to himself, as he listened to Pierrot's despair filled words. His eyes glared at Pierrot with a deep amount of rage that made his feelings about the army and legion seen nice.

The fact that it had already been hacked enough that it would cause the world to be destroyed though... Pierrot could be lying, but there's no way Alex was willing to gamble with everyone's lives. He would just have to attack that bastard without his stronger spells.

"Don't speak like you know Will, some sadistic maniac like you won't ever understand"
Alex retorted, not even shivering at the bold claim the look-alike made.

Suddenly, Ice shards were launched at him in the blink of an eye, as Alex quickly held his katana in a horizontal fashion in front of him to block the attack until giant meteors collided with the ice shards intercepting the attack.

"Thanks Rise."
Alex stated graciously but his eyes still focused on Pierrot or will lookalike, as he planted his feet on the ground like he was ready to charge.

"I'm fine, but I've have to deal with this imposter, now." Alex replied, as he quickly dashed towards Pierrot with his blade drawn as a magic circle appeared in front of him.

"Mudo." Alex called out, as a black circle quickly appeared around Pierrot, as Alex bolted towards the sphere of darkness to get an attack off on Pierrot before his vision returned.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 am

Satellite Tower

After seeing that Kokonoe was alright, albeit grumpy, Keynes offered her a crooked smile and reached into his pocket to pull out a handfull of jewels. "I think I can probably produce a moderate diversion." He said, turning back towards the fray.

An arrow whizzed past Will's face, barely missing, and her turned to glare at Lisa, who was holding her bow with shaking hands. He'd been her friend, had even comforted her after her mind had been broken... No, it had all been a lie, and yet she still couldn't focus her aim on him, couldn't actually hit him with an arrow.

Will clicked his teeth at her and raised a hand, only to have James' spells crash down on him, surrounding him in a cloud of thrashing lightning. Before it cleared, he spoke from behind Alex though.

"Your notions of friendship disgust me..." He said, driving his claws towards Alex's back, but they were knocked aside by Alina's rapier, which then darted for his chest, forcing him back.

"He's wasting time!" She yelled to the others without taking her eyes off of him. "Get that cannon turned off!"

-------------------------------------------------------

Caltha

Lizzy gave Snow a quizzical look before shrugging and leaning back onto his shoulder again, resting her head against his neck. "When you say it like that, it makes me afraid to fall asleep though..." She said softly. "If this is our last hour, I'd rather spend it with you."

She reached down between them, taking his hand and twining her fingers with his, and for a moment, they sat in silence, simply enjoying the other's presence.

"I don't think they'll fail..." Lizzy said, finally breaking the quiet that surrounded them. "They've already come through so much."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:14 am

Satellite Tower

Kokonoe smirked at Keynes' reply before rushing over toward the controls. Unfortunately, it seemed that the cannon was already engaged in its armament sequence, with power being generated into the cannon. Muttering a string of curses, she allowed her fingers to fly over the keys as she attempted to initiate an overide. The researcher's eyes glanced over at the directional controls. On impulse, she slammed the lever down. If all else failed, she could at least crash the damn thing into the ocean.

With her attention fully on the task at hand, she had no choice but to rely on the others to keep him from striking her down where she stood. Understanding this, Rise gripped her fans tightly and moved in from Alina's left. They'd need to do their best to cage Will in and keep him from moving toward the researcher. She'd only really used her weapons to defend herself; now, she was fully on the attack.

"I won't forgive you for this!" Rise swore, swiping her fans in a deadly, intricate dance of rapid slashes. Jax watched her go, wishing her could mimic that bold spirit. But as he placed a hand on his scarred chest, he could feel the emptiness left behind by the synth seraph. The Red Rider couldn't say he minded not having a parasitic demon wrapped around his heart, but it was still impossible not to feel weakened.. even helpless without the magic he'd trained so hard.

"No.. I'm not helpless," he told himself, balling his hands tightly into fists. He was going to beat the hell out of Will for everything he'd done. And even if Will struck him down, as long as he could get back up, he would keep coming at him.

"If you know us, then you know we won't give up till we stop you!" he bellowed, coming in from Alina's left and swinging for Will's head as Rise backed the wicked mastermind toward him.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 am

Satellite Tower

"Where did he..." Alex mumbled for a few seconds, as he waited for the figure to appear from the mudo spell for Alex's opening, but from the corner of his eye he saw a shadow lurking below him.

"No." Alex muttered, as he quickly tried to swing around and block the attack, but the clashing sound of blades assured Alex that he had some extra time. His vision soon catching a glimpse of Alina now standing strong again, pushing back the figment that used to be his friend, as Alina bolted towards the figure with unrivaled ferocity that forced Will back.

Alina was right, they needed to protect Kokonoe, but with how fast Will he might easily be able to slip by them. It was dangerous, but falling back wouldn't help with the kinds of spells he had at his arsenal.

"You're not getting away from me."
Alex yelled at the figure, as he dashed towards him taking advantage of the opening that Alina opened up for him quickly dashing to his right side and quickly swinging the blade horizontally at the mastermind's gut in a quick and precise manner.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:03 am

Satellite Tower

They kept attacking Will, but it seemed none of their attack were useful or even able to land a hit. While regaining his breath, he took a moment to observe the scene as Will was being backed away from Kokonoe by Rise, Alina and Jax.

He's so powerful, he thought. I don't understand why he didn't simply kill us….
James' eyes drifted to Lisa, who stood there still shaking from that missed arrow attack. Walking over to her, he put a hand on her shoulder before drawing his own weapons.

"I know you don't want to kill him because he is…was our friend. But if he was here, I am sure he would understand why we have to do this," James voice was calm and exhausted but he still looked over at Will with fierce determination. They couldn't allow him to fire that cannon. Not after everything they'd been through.

Giving Lisa one more nod, he joined the others, hanging back a little in case he did get around them and was headed for Kokonoe.

Caltha, Palace Square

"You don't have to be afraid," Snow said and squeezed her hand. "Everything will be okay."

They sat together closely, simply feeling the other close to them without much conversation. Snow could feel Lizzy's breathing against his chest while he stared up in the sky. No, he wouldn't trade this moment for the world.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Satellite Tower

Lisa swallowed and nodded at James' words. He was right. She couldn't afford to throw away all they'd done so far by refusing to take a shot. "Thanks." She whispered, unable to raise her voice any further than that over the emotion in it, and as the others moved to surround Will, she took a deep breath and strung another arrow on her bow, waiting for her chance.

"Annoying flies!" Will growled, holding an open palm up towards Alex's slash and releasing a Magaru spell that sent Alex, Rise, and Alina flying backwards. For the first time, he didn't manage to dodge the follow up attack though, and Jax's punch sent him reeling backwards.

"Jax! Down!" Keynes' voice boomed as he threw a handful of crystals at Will, and an explosion of fire, wind, and ice encased him. As it cleared, Will slowly pushed himself back to his feet. There was a gash running along his right arm, but instead of blood, there was a second layer of skin showing, jet black, just like his eyes.

Seeing her chance, Lisa let an arrow fly at him, but Will raised a calwed hand, and it disappeared, only to reappear below the lever Kokonoe had just jammed down, driving into the control panel beside it. "Have you pathetic beings not realized it yet? Do you not know that I could have ended all of you so long ago?" He licked his lips as he stepped towards them.

"Humans like yourselves are such a pathetic race... To think that even a tiny bit of my existence is merged with you sickens me, and yet it was the only way to free myself from my cage." He crushed his claws together and black tendrils shot from the ground again, capturing all the members of Aegis. "Especially you!" Will growled, turning his attention to Alex. "Why would something as pathetic as you carry enough of my essence for me to use you as a bridge to the other side? The only reason I've let you live all this time was in the case that this body was somehow damaged beyond repair, and even then it wasn't a risk worth taking."

He snorted, turning his nose up at the man. "If only the Nimh had properly dealt with you back at the university... I should have known to do my own dirty work back then, but I didn't expect you to realize your potential before it was over."

"And you!" Will turned his glare on Kokonoe, who had also been pulled away from the controls by the tendrils. "Your meddling research has been a thorn in my side from the start. If you'd simply left the poor girl alone, she would have lived." He sounded almost wounded by his own words. "At least until my revival was complete..."

He had been moving towards her the whole time, and his claws slowly ran along the side of her cheek. "Now sit still and watch the full fruition of your pathetic research." Will laughed, reaching to the console and pulling out the override key, which he proceeded to drop into his mouth and swallow.

On the screen behind him, an image flashed, and a counter began to tick down slowly. Only one minute left before the cannon would fire...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:35 am

Satellite Tower

Rise gave a cry of equal parts pain and anger as she was thrown back, along with Alex and Alina. Jax felt a satisfying crunch as his fist connected with Will's face, but he was prevented from following up at the sight of Alina being blasted back by the Magaru spell. He wanted to rush to Alina's aide, but he felt unworthy to touch her after what he'd done. These thoughts distracted him so much that he only just managed to duck as the crystals Keynes had thrown sailed over his head and exploded into Will.

"Dammit," he muttered, backing away as Will stood once more, inky blackness showing beneath his skin that was only too reminiscent of the Majin. Rise staggered up, only to be ensnared by shadowy tendrils. She glared visciously at Will as he spoke to Alex, and details began to fall into place.

"You caused that Majin to attack Alex that night.." she whispered, eyes wide. "And you had them attack the train the day we escaped!"

But the things he was saying about Alex and his essence... it was hard to understand.

"Alex and Will... they were suitable hosts for this thing? Why?" Jax muttered, shaking his head as he struggled against his restraints. What was it about those two?

Surprisingly, Will immediately turned his attention on Kokonoe, who had muttered a string of oaths as she was yanked back from the controls. This bastard and his tendency to restrain them all with tendrils was beyond irritating. She didn't really understand his complaint against her research, but at the mention of a girl, she froze in place. The feeling of his hideous clawed hand on her cheek barely registered as she stared at him while the revelation forced her to accept the truth.

"You..." Kokonoe muttered, watching him swallow the key with a laugh, feeling an unfamiliar sting in her eyes that she hadn't felt in ages. Her cheeks felt wet as angry, hot tears began to flood down her skin.

"You son of a B*TCH!!" she screamed, flailing hysterically at him. "You killed her! You killed Millie!"

Lambda, her strength far greater than that of the others, still could not manage to wrestle out of the restraint of the tendrils. But as she heard Kokonoe's desperate screams, her circuits grated. The memories of a small girl - memories that did not belong to her - flooded into her memory. Lollipops in the lab... stories read by a comforting voice as she drifted to sleep... the rare smile of someone who cared about her...

"Cocoa..." Lambda whispered, aching terribly under the emotional weight of memories. But that soon became... anger she'd never experienced.

"No! You won't hurt her any more!" she bellowed, her eyes flashing a brilliant red before she blasted a beam of energy from it at Will.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Satellite Tower

"What are you?" James asked, confused by Will's revelations. His eyes followed the arrow as it embedded itself into the control panel. This was bad. Just then the image of the countdown appeared, however before anyone could move a muscle, black tendrils shot from the ground.

They bound his hands to his body and wrapped around his feet, leaving him unable to move. James struggled. He still had his katanas in his hand, but the tips wouldn't reach the tendrils. Feeling hopelessly restraint, his eyes wandered back to the monitor and he bit his lip. Maybe Lambda, now able to attack could stop Will, but if that countdown reached zero…
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:48 am

Satellite Tower

Will seemed unfazed by Kokonoe's anger until Lambda fired a beam of light at him. The group was afforded a better view of how he'd been avoiding thier assault as a magic circle appeared in front of him, swallowing up the spell, and another appeared beside Lambda, sending her own devastating attack blasting into her side. Her metal torso creaked and snapped as the heat of the blast fuzed the parts together.

"Twice now..." Will responded offhandedly to Kokonoe's accusations. "Although the first time was much more peaceful. If you hadn't been researching on her, she never would have started sensing my movements, and I wouldn't have had a cause to eliminate her from the equation. So, you really do have only yourself to blame."

As the clock continued to tick down, he stepped over to the twisted form of Lambda on the ground, looking down at it with disgust. "I suppose I have a moment to explain things to all of you." He said mockingly. "You might as well die with the knowledge of who sent you off."

His claws tapped on the side of the console as he regarded the group. "It is somewhat amusing that you all would choose to name yourselves Aegis, when the weapon over our heads is named Espada." He paused for a moment, looking thoughtful. "History remembers it as Leviathan, but that's my name. Some chunk of scrap metal in the sky is unworthy of it."

"Regardless, I've been trapped in a rift between this world and another for centuries. The last time this machine was fired, I had a brief window to escape, but I was unprepared for it at the time. This time, I know it's coming."

He took out a cigarette and lit it, inhaling deeply. "You know, the air here is too clean... Only a few puffs of these can remind me of the atmosphere where I've existed..."

"Do you have any idea what it feels like to be trapped in a place you can't escape from for longer than you could ever remember? And worse, I've always been conscious of this world, but unable to touch it, or at least until the last firing of this cannon. Even though the rift closed, there was the tiniest of cracks left open, and I've been pushing my essence through it for decades, infecting your population. This 'magic' as you call it is actually a dark spot on your souls, something that my essence was able to cling to... Have you never wondered why the ones without any always seemed to be the most pure of heart?"

He took another puff of the cigarette, and then tossed it to the ground. "I had to completely stain a soul to migrate my consciousness into one of your human bodies. I needed someone with all of the magic strains, all of my essence, and then, two of them came along, almost at the same time. One, I cultivated for myself, and the other." His eyes focused on Alex. "I kept under close observation."

The ticker behind them let off a soft buzz, and Will smiled, looking up at the five on the screen, then the four. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I must go collect my proper body, and after that, I'll be back to eat all of you..."

His laughter echoed through the room as the magic circle surrounded him and Will disappeared, but with his departure, the dark tendrils released the members of Aegis. Not that it mattered... The clock was already at zero.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caltha

Lizzy's head had been resting on Snow's shoulder for several minutes when something glinted in the sky, drawing her attention. At first, she wasn't sure that she'd seen anything at all, but when she saw it again, her hand went to her mouth to cover a gasp. "Eli... Is that?" Her voice trailed off, unable to finish the words as a beam of light cut through the sky in the distance, too far off for them to see where it impacted.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Satellite Tower

"No, let go of me." Alex shouted with all his might, as he fought against the dark and corrupt tendrils to the point he might of harmed himself if he tried any harder, ignoring most of what the mastermind said to them.  

He cared about this bastards old life as much as he cared about a single evil majin.  Both were horrible creature, but Will ranked higher then the majin in Alex's book from all that he had done.

But, Alex's ears remember one specific thing that Will had said, about something that Kokonoe had lost.  Alex remembered back at the base when Kokonoe snapped at him and yelled at him for something that she had lost.  It's obvious who it was now, a little girl that was really close to her probably like a daughter...

"If I drew you here, then I'm sure as hell going to send you back."
Alex yelled at the mastermind the moment the tendrils broke with Alex immediately looking at the clock.  It was at zero, was he too late?  

"There must be something we can do!?" Alex yelled, as he ran over to the keys to see if there was still something they might of missed, "The army had to of have some emergency shut off."

But the more he looked at the panel the more foreign it seemed to become, he wanted to just stab the machine and break it from all this pent up frustration, his arms trembling form the tension, but he knew what would happen if he did...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Satellite Tower

As the tendrils were released, Kokonoe fell to her knees, the fight all gone from her body. Perhaps she'd grasped much faster than the others exactly what the situation they were in was.

"He swallowed the emergency override key," she said dully, staring out the viewing window of the tower. It had been the satellite cannon that nearly wiped out the world at all. The jumbled records of that time had gotten things mixed up. The satellite cannon had only released the Leviathan from its slumber for a moment - and that was all it took to cause the seas to rise up and decimate most of the world.

And now it made sense why they'd barely been able to do anything to him... Their greatest weapon - the magic strains - were simply an imprint of the Leviathan's foreign DNA on human genes. In essence, they were nearly powerless to stop him even in human form; in its true form, it would be invincible.

"We failed..?" Rise whispered, pressing her hands to her mouth. "It can't be..."

But no sooner had the words come out of her mouth that a brilliant beam of light cut through the sky, colliding into the middle of the ocean. The resulting shockwave could be felt even at this distance, and they all buckled and fell to the ground as the building shook. This did not, however, prevent them from seeing something enormous burst from the depths of the ocean, a shimmering black and deep blue thing that shot straight into the air, curling its body around the satellite cannon.

"You cannot lose hope now," Lambda said resolutely, standing tall. "There may still be a way yet to defeat Leviathan."

She reached a hand out to Kokonoe, who stared off into the distance.

"Please... Cocoa..."

Her eyes turned to the machine - her creation - standing before her with a startlingly human expression as it fed off the memories she'd implanted in it. Kokonoe sighed and took the hand, moving to her feet.

"We might as well die fighting as waiting," she murmured, pulling out one of the Traesto gems. "Everyone move in close."

Rise hesitated, but Jax placed a hand comfortingly on her shoulder. He wouldn't give up now, no matter what they were up against. To do so would be to turn his back on everything they'd done till now... everything they'd sacrificed and everything they'd gained. The Red Rider didn't say a word but gazed into her eyes, and after a moment hers hardened as well as she smiled faintly and nodded back.

--------------------

Caltha, Streets

Even as the people were ushered into the safety of their homes, they turned at the sight of a flash of light in the horizon and screamed. There was barely any time for people to register what had just happened before they were thrown into the ground as something was released from the depths of the water.

"What.. the hell is that?" Lancar whispered, not even bothering to regain his footing as he stared transfixed into the distance.

Raidon, who had caught Arya to soften her fall, could not speak as he attempted to wrap his mind around what he was seeing.

"Leviathan... wasn't the cannon," he breathed finally. "It was what it unleashed."

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Satellite Tower

James couldn't help but listen to Will's words. His story was even worse than he imagined. A shiver ran down his back when he realized the full potential of his story. The Leviathan was the reason there were even magic genes in this world and he wondered if the army had known that all along or if they were blinded by history as well.

Then the clock reached zero and his eyes widened. No, it couldn't be. What would happen now? Would this whole world be destroyed?

A bright beam seared over them and cut into the ocean and a shockwave they could even feel here was proof of how powerful it was. Dazed he stood up and moved towards the others when Kokonoe waved with the Traesto gem.

Resolved he looked towards the satellite cannon before the gem activated. There had to be a way to stop him. "Let's go."

Caltha, Palace Square

Snow had been staring at the sky, but his eyes immediately snapped towards the horizon when he heard Lizzy's voice and the alarm within in.

He swallowed nervously and stood up, watching the light beam cut through the sky. "No…it can't be…" his voice was huskier than normal when he whispered the words. Did they fail? What happened at the satellite tower?

His hand curled around Lizzy's shoulder and he pulled her close as he waited for the effect of the light beam. Snow didn't expect something to be released from the water, but he was braced for the shockwave and held Lizzy close while he steadied himself on the wall.

"Well, that is certainly a turn of events," he murmured.

-----------------------

Arya turned around when she saw Snow and Lizzy standing up just in time to see the light beam disappear in the ocean. She'd been standing close to Raidon, watching over the crowed but now a slight panic began to set in.

A shockwave that ran through the ground shook her off her feet, but Raidon's strong hands caught her, steadying her. "What will happen now?" she asked, the uneasiness clear in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Satellite Tower

A look of defeat washed over Alex's face when the beam of light consumed the sky, as his arms fell down to his side in a lifeless and weak manner.  It was over, that man's plan was now enacted, and now he was practically invincible... what could they even hope to accomplish.

"I suppose.." Alex mumbled, as he scratched his head like he was trying to draw out some revolutionary idea that could protect everyone, but nothing came to mind.

He couldn't help anyone in the end, so what was the purpose of him even trying to be confident?  It ended up the same way in the end, and he remained powerless to stop it.  But... he did say something about Alex drawing him, having powers so maybe he could...

"Alright, let's do this." Alex stated partially awaking himself back up, as he gave Kokonoe a more confident nod and quickly ran to her position.

Army Squad

Suddenly, Aera found herself thrown into the air, as she landed on her back down on the solid ground of the city with the wind getting knocked out of her.  It was chaos, everything felt out of whack and she even had trouble figuring out where she was with all the shaking.

"Is everyone alright?" Aera yelled out amongst the chaos, but she was only greeted with cries of terror.

The screams of the terrified citizens burned into her enhanced ears, as she quickly covered them to stop the ear-bleeding sound.  She saw no hell spawn emerging from the earth due to her blindness, but the abnormal shaking of the ground felt like that was happening until Raidon mentioned a name.

"What are you talking about?  Didn't those others deal with the cannon?" Aera asked, fear and disbelief rung through her voice.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:05 pm

Satellite Tower

Lisa sat in place, stunned as the building shook around them. It was over. They had failed...

"This is no time for sitting around." Alina said, bending over to offer her a hand. Lisa simply looked at it for a moment, and then, without questioning why, she reached up and took it, allowing the other woman to pull her to her feet.

"What can we really do?" She asked softly.

"The only thing to do is keep trying." Was the response Alina offered, giving Lisa a shove towards the rest of the group.

"I don't suppose any of you have even thought of where we're going to land?" Keynes muttered darkly, even as Kokonoe was cracking the gem. There was no time for an answer though. They were already on their way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Light rushed past them as they arrived on some sort of platform, and as they gathered themselves from the transit, Keynes continued his train of thought. "Where are we?"

"We're on the cannon..." Alina responded, although she spoke more to herself than to anyone else as her fingers brushed over the weathered paint on the wall beside her. In letters still visible after the long passage of time, the word could still be read. 'Espada'

"Isn't this thing supposed to be in space?" Lisa exclaimed. "We shouldn't be able to breathe here."

"No. Kokonoe pulled the lever to drop it from the sky..." Keynes spoke up again. "It must have descended into the atmosphere before he could stop it."

"Then shouldn't it be falling?" Lisa's voice quivered.

"It is falling..." Alina said, looking over the edge to the sea below. "But it seems to have some kind of engine that's reducing the rate of acceleration."

Just then, something moved across her field of vision, and she realized that part of what she'd been assuming was the structure wasn't. "Oh crap..."

Metal creaked, and part of the platform bent inwards, crushed by the weight of what appeared to be a large pipe coiled around it, but as Lisa's eyes traveled the length of the pipe, she too realized that it wasn't part of the structure. Mainly because it had a head...

Spoiler:

The beast, now looking down at them, let out an otherworldly roar, the same as they had heard at the satellite tower several nights before when the Majin had been driven away by an unseen predator.

Its eyes swiveled over them before focusing on Alex, and when it opened its mouth a second time, it spewed lightning down on the group instead.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Satellite Tower

"On the cannon…" James echoes, more curious than shocked, looking around. They were indeed falling, but it was barely noticeable only the wind that blew around was quite strong.

Suddenly something moved and he recognized it as the Leviathan, the frightening head staring right down at them. James could feel his heartbeat accelerate double time. That thing was quite scary.

Without warning, it began to spew lightning. Standing there for a second without moving, James quickly jumped in front of the others and pushed his hands together.

"Blue Wall," he shouted and pushed his hands out in front, intent on stopping the lightning that was about to rain down on them.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Satellite Cannon

Rise felt dizzy with the realization that they were on top of the satellite cannon over the middle of the ocean, slowly heading down for what would no doubt be a very devastating crash. Those concerns were hardly pressing, however, at the sight of an enormous, hideous serpentine face glowering down at them with those same odious yellow eyes. There could be no doubt now what Will really was.

"Like hell are we going to let you win, you beast!" she screamed, channeling all her fear into boiling anger. That was obviously going to be easier said than done. Before they could even blink, Leviathan had called down a rain of lightning on them. James quickly reacted with the Blue Shield spell, but that was only just enough to protect them from being electrocuted.

"Quick, we have to attack!" Rise said, bringing up her fan to conjure. With a fiery cry, she swiped her fan at the magic circle before her.

"Maragidyne!" she called, sending a shower of flaming meteors down on the monster. Even as she did, Lambda had take off with a burst of speed, flying around to the side of the creature's face and unleashing a devastating kick to the side of its head. However, her only reward for the trouble was a dent in the dense metal of her leg, and as she quickly descended back toward the ground, she unleashed a burst of energy from her eye at the joint of its head and neck.

Jax, however, stood back with a frustrated growl. Without magic, he could only rely on his fists and feet; and judging by Lambda's attack, trying that would probably break every bone in his arm or leg.

"What am I supposed to do?" he muttered, grinding his teeth.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:38 am

Satellite Cannon

Spoiler:

Leviathan seemed completely unfazed by the fire raining down on it, and it was even less impressed with Lambda's pathetic assault. Even her beam seemed to do little more than irritate it, and as the wave of lightning died down, Leviathan reared back and roared again. Three magic circles formed in front of its mouth, each releasing a spell. Lightning to the left, fire to the right, and ice down the center.

"Shit." Alina cursed as she raised her hands to cast a wall of her own, blocking off the icy portion of the blast. "We can't do anything if we're spending all our time defending."

The metal of the cannon creaked again as Leviathan coiled tighter around it, and their descent became startlingly more rapid.

Keynes put a hand on Kokonoe's shoulder, pulling her aside from the others. "I need you to find a way to keep this thing airborne." He said, sounding rushed. "If we hit the ocean, we stand even less of a chance than we do already."

Lisa launched an arrow at the beast, but it was instantly consumed by the fire that swirled through the air. "How am I supposed to hit it?" She growled desperately.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Satellite Tower

It wasn't enough. Of course not. The Leviathan's power was off the charts and James could feel the rest of the lightning crash down on him. Feeling slightly singed, he watched as the others attacked the monster, but it was quickly obvious that none of their attacks seemed to be working.

Without warning more spell circles appeared in front of the Leviathan. James ducked under the ice spell and quickly cast another Blue Wall spell to deflect the lightning that was heading for the others.
He took a deep breath. "What else can we do?" he asked Alina. "We can't even get closer."
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Satellite Cannon

"Mamudo." Alex shouted with the darkness quickly consuming the eyes of the ferocious beast that was before them. However, there was still the various magic coming towards them with a look of fear crossing over Alex's face.

The creature shouldn't be able to aim his spells properly for a while, or be forced to move out of the way that would give them a breather. But, the fact that the creature so easily took those spell casts from before without flinching was insane.

"Absolution Axis." Alex shouted, as the insane light flew towards the creature using the sun as it blasted through the ice that was aimed at Alex and flew towards the creature right below the mamudo spell.

At this point Alex was beginning to become more and more exhausted, as sweat dripped off him and his breathing got heavier. He had already casted two absolution Axises and if this kept up he wasn't going to last much longer, but he had too... he had no other choice.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Satellite Cannon

Kokonoe nodded to Keynes and hurried back, searching for an access panel. When she located one, she retrieved some tools from the pockets of her labcoat and undid the panel before slipping inside.

The interior of the cannon was dimly lit, and with the commotion outside Kokonoe found herself stumbling more than once. Fortunately, she was able to locate the control center inside and fished out a handy penlight.

"All right, let's see what we can do," the researcher muttered, eyeing the controls. Well, the thrusters and anti-gravity servos were woefully underpowered compared to the passive weight of the Leviathan. But perhaps...

Kokonoe's fingers flew over the keys, accessing the power distribution grid and diverting the power from the cannon's firing function completely into keeping the satellite aloft. Even then, it wouldn't be enough to keep them from descending, but at least it would give them more time.

--------------------

Meanwhile, outside on the surface of the satellite, the others were still attempting to deal with the Leviathan.

"What are we supposed to do then?" Rise shouted as the fire burst from the right collided into her Red Wall spell. Lambda was flying around like a pesty gnat, firing off lasers from her eye lens.

"We have to keep trying! It must have a weakness!" the mobile doll said, diving in to skewer the beast in the eye with her spear-like leg.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:52 am

Satellite Cannon

If Leviathan suffered any damage from the Absolution Axis, it didn't show. However, Alex's Mamudo spell was having the desired effect by blinding the beast. Unfortunately, without the ability to see, Leviathan had no reason to keep its eyes open. So, Lambda's attack met with its eyelid, which was just as hard as the rest of its body, sending her flying backwards as Leviathan lashed back at the impact.

"I don't know..." Alina choked out, sounding very much annoyed. "But something has to work!"

"Well, obviously, my arrows aren't going to do any good." Lisa quipped back. "And I doubt your sword will either."

Alina frowned at that. "So, if we can't hurt it with weapons and magic th---!"

She didn't get to finish her sentence because Leviathan opened its mouth again, releasing a massive blast of wind. It wasn't on target to hit any of the group, but with the death grip Leviathan had on the cannon, the force of the blast caused the entire structure to lurch forward before beginning a moderate spiral.

Alina flew to the side, crashing into Jax, who happened to have been behind her, and the two of them tumbled into the railing that surrounded the walkway.

"Is now a bad time to be feeling ill?" Lisa asked from where she was gripping the same railing, and the view of the ocean below them definitely wasn't helping.

"We've got to find some way to pry it off of the cannon!" Keynes barked, pushing himself to his feet. Blood dripped over one of his eyes from a gash over his eyebrow. Obviously, he'd met the railing a little bit harder than the others.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Satellite Cannon

Jax instinctively wrapped his arms around Alina as he crashed into the railing, shielding her from the blow. Even during all this turmoil, it felt so right to hold her.

"You all right?" he breathed, daring to speak to her for the first time since... since the same hands holding her had nearly killed her. He felt his heart constrict as he helped her up, unable to look her in the eye. Instead, he cast a glance around to make sure that the others were okay as well.

Rise had tumbled to the ground and rolled into the railing, but only seemed a bit dazed as she got to her knees.

"Lisa, your overlimit... I know it's so much bigger than what you're used to, but can you try to push it?" she asked, desperately scrambling for an idea. At the same time, Kokonoe had scrambled out of the hatch, looking grim.

"It won't do you any good," the researcher sighed. "Magic strains are the imprint of the Leviathan on human genes. You can't harm it with its own essence."

"But we have to try something!" Rise shouted as Lambda landed beside them with grace that belied her appearance.

"Allow me to assist," she said, her eye glowing bright red as down in the city the other mobile dolls suddenly stirred, their eyes glowing bright red and their circuits lighting up. In sync, they began to ascend into the air, first slowly and then rapidly picking up speed as they hurtled through the air toward the satellite cannon.

"Lambda, what..." Kokonoe began, when suddenly the mobile dolls came into sight, their entire bodies glowing red. But Lambda had no time to give an answer - and in any case, the researcher was about to see first hand.

The first mobile doll reached Leviathan and smashed head-first into it, exploding on contact. In a moment, the Leviathan's body was lit up by a multitude of explosions all over as the mobile dolls collided into the beast and detonated.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Satellite Cannon

James was thrown off his feet when the platform tilted and crashed into the railing. He groaned when pain shot up his back, but he managed to regain his balance. Slowly he headed over to the others.

His eyes were watching the Leviathan with a thoughtful expression. Kokonoe was right, using magic on that monster was like fighting fire with fire.

All of the sudden, the mobile dolls all over the city came to live and crashed into the huge creature, exploding on impact. After seeing the effect Lambda's kick had on that thick skin, he doubted it would do serious damage.

James shielded his eyes from the sudden brightness and then pulled out his katanas. "Hey, have you ever heard the tale of Jonah and the whale?" he asked slowly and looked over to the Leviathan's head.

"Your overlimit moves things, right Lisa?" he asked. "If you were to combine it with mine, do you think it would generate enough speed and power…" he trailed off, feeling crazy for even considering the idea of flying into the monsters' mouth to slice it up from the inside. Was he really expecting to emerge on the other side? Fear ran through him. Without spelling it out, it sounded like a suicide mission. Was there a better option?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 38 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis IC
Page 38 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next