Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis IC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:21 pm

Northern Forest (Cash and Carrie)

The twins traversed through the northern part of the forest with skill and dexterity in a manner that no normal human being would be able to detect them easily.  Strangely enough, the forest seemed rather clear and peaceful, there weren’t any signs of human movement or any damaged branches despite how much the branches lurked around every path with the only expectations were tiny cracks that were probably caused by the smaller creatures of the forest that clattered around leaves in an alert manner, as a passing squirrel shot the twins a quick glance.

Though visibility was still good, the forest was rather thick but it wasn’t thick enough to hold out the sunlight so there were only light amounts of shade under certain trees that would flicker in and out as the light breeze blew the top of the trees around in a calm manner.

After a fair bit of advancing through the calm forest, the twins came to a rather large tree that had fallen over in the middle of the forest.  The leaves looked rather charred and crisp, but the smell of burnt leaves didn’t loom in the air heavily.

The could easily maneuver around the fallen but formerly healthy and large tree, but there was the sound of metal rubbing against something causing a light screeching sound, that the twins easily picked up due to their experience.  Specifically, it came from a path that was below the fallen tree that would require ducking under the fallen trunk to get to.

Mid Forest (Rest of the squad)

At first the forest seemed rather timid and calming if it wasn’t for the squad’s mission lurking in their heads, but there was some sort of strange smell looming in the air, similar to burnt rubber, but it was hard to distinguish.

Daemond who was leading the group quickly came face to face with the so called issue, as he pushed his way through a rather thorny bush, only to see the massive burn marks covering all the trees and animals lying on the ground, equally burned and unmoving.

It was a horrible sight that seemed to equate to animal genocide, but the sound of calm and light footsteps soon overshadowed the pain that surrounded them, and considering they were nearing the path that the researcher was supposed to take, it could very likely be that very man.

Mid Forest (Aera)

“You hear that, it seems too cautious to be a super solider though…” Aera mumbled with tension, as she slowly drew her blade in her right hand with a light scowl on her face, her body already unmoving fearing what might be on the path.

In all honesty though, Aera didn’t have much concern about if it was an ally or not.  If they’re this deep into legion territory, then it would obviously be a foe just about to walk around the corner.  Though, at the same time any foe wouldn’t be walking so slow and the fact there’s only one of them.

Mid Forest (Daemond)

“Aera wait…” Daemond mumbled, he put her hand in front of her with a look of concern that he made up for in sternness for his voice.  However, the ensign seemed almost certain that it was an enemy, the look in her cold eyes showed that she wasn’t in the mood for any uncertainties.

This put Daemond on edge, as he didn’t want her giving up their position.  He had the squad split up for a reason, and that was to cover their tail, so they didn’t have to reveal themselves.  The best thing to do at this moment was to wait and see who was about to cross in front of them, though they did need to move up a bit to actually see that person.

“Xennox, your over limit can detect people right?  Can you give me any information on him?” Daemond commanded, as continued to look forward assuming that Xennox would carry out his orders in the quickest order.

Last edited by Dannytheman1 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Safe House

Raidon's cold looked seemed to melt slightly at her words. Did he want to die?

"No.." he said quietly, more to assure himself than her. No, he did not want to die. He wanted to know the answer. But that was fast beginning to seem like an impossibility.

Arya asked him about how his state of health, but he didn't answer. The pain was excrutiating, but still more easily dealt with than the cascade of thoughts pouring through his mind.

Of course he hadn't found the answer. He hadn't wanted her to die; that much was true. But he'd done it more for himself than for her, for his own gain. That wasn't selfless. Jane hadn't given her life to save Keynes to find that understanding; she'd done it because she'd already discovered what they'd both thought they'd lost.

Arya's fingers touched his shoulder, like fire to a sculpture of ice. The contact was too foreign, too alien. His arm snapped up on instinct, clamping his hand down over hers. It was only a split second later that he'd realized what he'd done, even as his body ached in protest, his wounds searing with pain.

"You still didn't answer," Raidon said quietly, relaxing the grip of his hand so as not to hurt her but still holding on, ignoring the pain. His eyes stared up at her, as though gazing at something too bright to look at.

Far too bright. As warm as he was cold. As kind as he was callous. As loving as he was dead inside.

Her existence was painful to him. Since he'd first met her, everything had gone awry. He'd done things he would never had done; said things he never would have said; thought things that would never have entered his mind.

He should force her to leave him. She was only a mockery of what he could never achieve. She would never be able to understand someone like him. He couldn't be selfless like her. He didn't know how to love others.

Not since the day he'd received that scar.

--------------------

Army Squad (Twins)

"I hate nature," Carrie whispered, glaring as she flicked dead leaves out of her hair. Cash ignored her and peered under the tree.

"There's a path under here," he whispered, motioning her over. "Must be where the sound is coming from."

Carrie knew there was an unspoken question there, and she sighed in annoyance.

"Fine, let's go," she agreed, waiting for Cash to wriggle under it carefully before following after him.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:55 pm

Safe House

Arya froze when his hand suddenly grabbed her fingers and she held her breath for a second until he relaxed.

"You came back," she said with a smile. "And I… I was worried and upset… before. When they told us you had died. I knew I could not actually stand there and watch it happen."

Arya closed her eyes for a second and put her free hand softly on top of his. "I didn't want you to die…," she finally said, her melodic voice a little off. Her heart was beating hard in her chest and she could feel her cheeks flush with blood.

Raidon continued to look at her and she felt increasingly nervous. Oh how much she wanted to tell him how she felt. The passion and love burning in her chest, that suffered from seeing him so broken. That everything was done for him and him alone and that she wanted nothing more than to be with him.

She realized now, that he had captured her heart at the ball, his stern grey eyes that contradicted his passionate movements and his elegant pose and his iron will that never seemed to waver, giving him an air of confidence that she admired.

Arya bit her lip. "…because I didn't want to lose you," she finished her sentence in a whisper and didn't dare to lift her eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Military Compound

Lizzy had just thrown one of her students over her shoulder when the dojo door slid open. She glanced towards it, expecting to see Snow, but instead, a group of five officers stood there, blocking the entrance.

"Break." She said aloud, telling her students that they could rest while she talked with the officers. They all watched with open curiosity as she nervously crossed the dojo though.

"If you're here about the guy I let on base this morning, he has all of the correct paperw..."

One of them raised a hand, cutting her off before she could finish.

"Elizabeth LeGrange, you are hereby charged with aiding a known criminal, facilitating the release of federal prisoners, and conspiracy to commit treason."

Lizzy could actually feel her jaw drop, and her eyes almost popped out of her head. They were joking, right?

No, they wouldn't be gathered up like this for a joke. They were serious...

"Who filed the charges?" She asked, holding her hand up behind her in a signal for her students not to move.

"We're not at liberty to discuss that Ms. LeGrange. Now, if you'd be so kind as to step over here slowly, we need to cuff you and go collect the man in your room."

She frowned at that. "What do you want with a bum like him?"

"He's been charged with the same crimes as yourself, and pending interrogation, the two of you will be put to trial."

Pending interrogation? That wasn't standard procedure... This was some deep shit...

Before she could say anything else, Snow came around the corner behind the officers, and fear clutched her gut. Her eyes drilled into his, sending a clear message. Run.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Safe House

Raidon listened to Arya's words, brows furrowed in puzzlement. She was worried about him.. didn't want to lose him..

Why? He'd arrested her, had her tortured, sentenced her to die.. and she cared about his safety?

There was something so different about her. She was lovely, intelligent, caring; she seemed to radiate with outer and inner beauty like no one he'd ever met.

"Arya.." he said thickly, distinctly aware that his hand was still grasping hers. Suddenly, the door swung open, and Cecilia entered with a tray in her hands. Raidon released Arya's hand, gritting his teeth in pain as he brought his arm back down to rest on the bed.

"I thought you might be hungry," the woman said, looking from Arya to Raidon. She set the tray down on the desk, showing two bowls of soup.

"I realize the accomodations might be a little tight," she continued, looking apologetic. "It was really made for one person. I can get some extra blankets for the floor, though it might be a bit uncomfortable. Or.."

Cecilia glanced at the bed, letting the question hang awkwardly for a few moments. Clearing her throat, she backed into the hallway and laid a hand on the portait.

"Let me know what you decide," she said before shutting the door. Raidon, who had watched her silently, turned to look at the soup before glancing at his arms. Well, this could be problematic..

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Safe House

Arya spun around when the door suddenly opened and the tense moment disappeared. The woman from before came in, bringing them some soup. She took the tray from her with a gentle smile.

"A few blankets would be nice," she said. "And thank you. For the food and for letting us stay without hesitation."

When the woman left, she turned back to Raidon and searched his eyes. He had been about to say something, but it didn't look like he would finish that now.

Arya sighed and realized that this would have to wait. She noticed that he tried to move his arms to eat, but her fingers gently pushed them back onto the mattress. "No, way. You need rest," she said, even though her voice was soft, there was a firm edge to it. "Every movement probably still causes you pain and I will not allow you to over exert yourself."

Determined she took one bowl and held a spoonful of soup before his lips.

Military Compound

Snow turned around the corner and caught the most part of the conversation. He stopped and his eyes wandered to Lizzy, who looked rather upset, maybe a little afraid.

"Well looks like someone finally managed to make a mess of things in your department," he said to the officers. "And you're trying to blame it on other people. Again," his blue eyes were as cold as his voice suddenly sounded.

It didn't take a genius to draw conclusions. Raidon was the only one who had known about this operation. If these guys were here, it meant something happened either to him, or maybe with the students. At any rate, it was something they couldn't just sweep under the rug. There was no elegant way out of this mess. He had made the mistake to believe them once and he wasn't about to make it again.

Almost leisurely he snapped his fingers. "Mabufu," he whispered and light smile played around his lips. Five icicles appeared, slamming into the officers with great precision.

Snow took a few steps closer and kicked one of the officers, that hadn't fallen unconscious, in the head. Picking up one of the files, he skimmed over the text. His expression darkened as he read it and once finished, he let it disappear in his jacket pocket.

"I think we should go, love," he said and held his hand out for Lizzy. "Unless you feel like being dragged away for interrogation and possibly execution after you signed a false confession for something you didn't do."

He sounded calm, even though he was rather upset. He'd need to have serious talk with Raidon if this was his doing, but for now he focused on trying to protect the woman he loved.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Bunker
-Alexander Dranos

Alex sat in silence, and listened to what others had to say. Alex lips curved in manner of expressing his sadness. The commander was not going to stand up for the Aegis again. But, Commander was right they had to do something that would make people believe Aegis were their side.

Then Keynes came in, telling them he had an idea of what to do to make people believe in them. Alex nodded, telling Keynes that he was willing to listen to his plans.

===================================================

Xennox Xylon

"Won't be a problem." Xennox nodded at Daemond, and soon his overlimit; 'Tracker of Shadows' was activated. The shadows soon reported a target that was near by them. The target moved slowly and now it became clear to him why it did. The target was injured. 'I need clearer picture than that.' thought Xennox, and the shadows delivered another information of the target.

"The target is male and he is injured. I cannot tell if he is from Legion or else where... But I still think we should not make any contact with him... the enemies are hiding well and alerting them by accident, wouldn't be a good idea..." Xennox said carefully and as calculating as he could be.

There were in deep woods, and seeing a crippled person in such wood didn't sit right with him. Xennox eyes were quickly glanced at Aera then were returned where they were. Could it be because he was with Aera? Could it be because of her, he was being more cautious? Xennox couldn't answer his thoughts. But it was clear that he didn't want any thing bad happen to his sister. He was not going to take any chances, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Bunker

Keynes took a long sip of coffee before sitting his cup on the table and leaning over it, so that he was almost on eye level with them. "We're going to help out Legion a bit." He said with a crooked grin.

Alina looked completely dumbfounded at the thought of it, and she opened and closed her mouth a few times without actually saying anything.

"Hear me out now." Keynes continued before any of them could interject. "Legion's been spreading propaganda all over the country for the last couple of days, and they've made it obvious to a few sources that they'd like access to the Army's restricted channel, the same one we're planning to use to broadcast our message."

He paused for a moment, letting that sink in. "I happen to know one of these sources, who can get the codes to Legion in a matter of hours. Now, assuming we have the correct codes, we can give Legion the general channel code, but withhold the override code. That way, when Legion begins their announcement, we can air over the top of it."

Keynes stood back up taking another sip of coffee. "The fact that we're interrupting Legion's message will send a clear statement that we're not with them, and our obvious jabs at the Army will do the same for that side as well. Once we establish discontinuity with both factions, we can present the people with our own image, and they'll be able to judge us free of connections to either side."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Military Compound

Lizzy felt a pang of fear when Snow called attention to himself, but before she could rush forward to grab the nearest of the officers, a chill washed through the air, and all five of them fell to Snow's spell. All she could do for a moment was stand there, both stunned by the realization that Snow had magic and contemplating what kind of situation attacking the officers had put them in. Well, to be honest, the situation had already been bad. So, she couldn't really fault him for hitting first.

As he walked over, she reached out to take his hand. "Well, we don't have much of a choice now, do we?" She said sarcastically.

One of her students stepped towards them and Lizzy paused, letting go of Snow's hand. "Just a second." She whispered to him, turning back to the three students.

"Try to stop me." She said calmly, shifting into a combat stance. If they were unharmed when Lizzy made her getaway, the three of them would quickly fall under the same scrutiny that she and Snow had.

They looked at one another, as if unsure of what to do.

"I said come at me! That's an order!"

Frowning, the three of them shifted their own stances, and one by one, they charged, each receiving a methodical dispatching that left them unconscious. When it was over, Lizzy looked down at the three of them with a sad smile, and then she went back to where Snow was waiting.

"Walk calmly. I doubt they told anyone else about this. So, as long as we're off the base before any of them wake up, we should be fine." She whispered as she reached around his back with her arm, pulling herself up against him. "Did you actually leave your bike in the garage this time?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Bunker

Jax smirked and nodded his head, finding the idea quite brilliant. Rise just looked astonished, perhaps incredulous that Keynes had managed to come up with something so good so quickly under the circumstances.

Kokonoe, however, was watching him with an unreadable expression. For one instant, however, it almost appeared as though she'd smiled.

"Well, let's get cracking then," she said, standing up and smoothing out her lab coat. She walked over to James and Keynes before placing her hands on her hips.

"I'm sure the three of us can figure this out. In the meantime, you need to get working on the speeches," she said, looking over at Alina, then Alex. "Oh, and take that guy with you. God knows he's full of that kind of idealistic hot air. You should be able to come up with something."

Rise felt a little left out and bit her lip.

"What about the rest of us?" she asked, glancing at Jax and Will. Kokonoe shrugged.

"Well, we still need to eat," the researcher offered. Rise frowned, hoping to be of more direct use. Kokonoe's words were true, however. She could at least do that much.

"I guess that's time for training then," Jax said, punching a fist into an open hand.

--------------------

Safe House

Arya's determination was not very appreciated at this time. Raidon scowled at her noticeably, though it didn't seem to have its usual menace behind it. If anything, it was more akin to a pout.

"I don't need-" he tried to protest, struggling in vain to move his arms, but the moment he opened his mouth she put the spoon through. The hot broth tasted quite good, and it warmed his body through, removing the chill of near death. As he contemplated these things, he realized the spoon was there again for another mouthful. He gazed at it for a few moments, then looked at Arya.

".........."

Letting out the most fleeting of sighs, Raidon closed his eyes in resignation and opened his mouth, allowing her to place the spoon inside once more.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Bunker

Keynes' idea was clearly out of the box thinking. And quite a surprise too, however once the whole plan was revealed, James had to admit that the idea was good.

"Mhhh….that could actually work," James said after contemplating the idea for a while. "Two questions though. What if they notice that the override codes are missing? And how secure is your source? Because the sudden appearance of the channel codes is bound to make anyone suspicious," he added and stood up, ready to go.

"At any rate, let's do it."

He was glad there was finally something more useful than practicing his fighting style for him to do. Fighting wasn't something he excelled at. Anything that had to do with a circuit board however, was right up his alley and it made him feel more needed than trying to physically keep up with guys twice as strong as him.

Safe House

"Sure you don't," she replied in a voice that clearly showed she did not take his protest serious at all and instead fed him another spoonful of soup. "You lost a lot of blood," she continued in a more serious voice. "And I won't let you do anything until you stop paling from every move you make. At least try to give your body a chance to replenish and heal."

She resisted the urge to laugh when he finally resigned to his situation. His expression when she first offered him the soup was just too...well almost adorable, at least for someone as intimidating and cold as Raidon. His normal iciness seemed to be somewhat subdued at the moment.

"You never answered me before and be honest…are you still in a lot of pain?" she asked softly after a while. "There was so much blood," she whispered and lowered her eyes to the floor. She was a little worried, aside from a few signs his stoic expression revealed nothing, not if he was in pain or if he was angry nor did it show whether he was glad to be alive.

More than anything right now, she wished to ease the pain he surely felt, to help him regain his strength. It almost pained her to see him so beaten down.

Military Compound

He smiled at the evident surprise on her face and pulled her close. "I really wouldn't want to be one of your students right now," he said huskily in her ear.

"And thank you for healing me. That was awfully nice of you after you made such a fuss before," despite the danger of the situation, Snow was rather calm. His lips brushed against her ear and kissed her cheek before she spoke again.

Snow rolled his eyes at her advice. "Are you trying to give me a quick course in evasive action?" he asked, the mockery evident in his voice. "Trust me, I've been doing this longer than you could walk. And no, the bike is somewhere outside."

His brows narrowed as he thought for a second. "We have about ten to fifteen minutes before anyone will raise an alarm. You need to grab anything before we leave?" he asked when they reached the doors and with that he pulled out a cigarette, ready to light it.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:43 am

Northern Forest (Cash and Carrie)

The twins maneuvered and pushed through the various burnt branches and broken piece of tree bark out of the way, as they passed under the tree when they went down a slight incline that lead deeper in the forest, however there was something very strange that the two could easily notice.

With the tall tree fallen over, it allowed more sun to illuminate the forest causing a slightly blinding light with the pupils of the twins adjusting to the sudden change. This strange light however seemed to be reflecting off some sort of metal, as a what appeared to be a string of some sort of metal glowed slightly in the sun that was just out of arm’s reach of the twins.

The string stretched from one branch to another, as it went inside a few tiny cracks in some of the trees, making the string more and more suspicious by the moment. That was until the sound of footsteps crunching some leaves beneath their feet cracked in the distance with the signs of human movement just down the hill in front of the twins, as some of bushes and branches appeared to be torn in an unnatural way.

That’s when a shadowy figure appeared in the distance, muscles enlarged but slightly smaller than the hulking super solider from last time. The silhouette of this large human seemed to tilt its head in the direction of the twins, but since there were trees obstructing its view, it simply proceeded forward without looking much into it.

Mid Forest (Rest of the squad)

Soon after the Xennox had given his description of the man, a giant and deafening crash was heard as one of the trees a fair distance in front of them began to fall over towards the location the limping man would be, followed by a scream of terror.

A startling smash that sounded like a wrecking ball hitting a human skull was heard, followed by the loud collusion of a body being flung towards the ground soon after. The air was silent after that, even the animals had stopped making noise up in the trees as their survival instincts sensed that something was off.

It might have been a safe assumption to assume the attacker walked off, but the sound of leaves cracking in the branches above them along with muffled voice in what appeared to be a conversation between to people immediately invalidated that point.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Bunker
-Alexander Dranos

Keynes idea of using Legion's plan to their advantage sound quite well thought out, "Great idea. They used us last time, so I don't see harm in using them to our advantage." Alex commented. James made some valid points of this mission. But Alex didn't really worry as Keynes wasn't a person who did not think of such matter when he came out with such plan.

It was then Kokonoe started grouping them of what to do. Alex flinched when Kokonoe described him as a guy full with idealistic hot air. "Me?" Said Alex pointing his own finger at himself with surprise. "But-" Before any words could escape his mouth, the event unfold quickly and soon it was finalized that he was going to work with commander for the speech.

"Alright, let's do this." said Alex calmly but determined to make things happen for sure.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Bunker

Will only seemed mildly impressed with Keynes' idea, but he nodded his approval. It was a solid plan, assuming Legion would take the bait.

Keynes took another sip of coffee, contemplating James' questions. "The override code is by nature more difficult to acquire, as only certain individuals have access to it. That being the case, I don't think they'll worry over it too much, and my source is as secure as anyone else who sells information. He won't rat on us, but he won't be associated with us either. It's all about profit for him, and since Legion has made their interest in the codes very evident, I doubt they'll look too deeply into someone offering them the codes for a fair price."

"This is crazy..." Alina muttered, massaging the bridge of her nose with her fingers. "But it might really work."

She looked in Alex's direction for a moment and then nodded towards the conference room door across the kitchen. "Let's get started then. I've given lots of speeches to the public, but not many of them were my own writing. This will need to be different from those."

Will frowned at Jax's suggestion of more training and leaned further back in his chair. "I'll help Rise with dinner..." He muttered, giving Jax a weary look that told the man to keep his training regiments to himself.

As the group split up, Alina moved to the conference room and sat down on the table, scribbling on a paper pad with a pencil. "So, what exactly do we need to convey to the people?" She asked aloud, both for Alex and for herself to think on.

Keynes motioned to the hallway, intending to leave Alina and Alex to their contemplation. "Perhaps we should go over how we're even going to transmit from here? I don't think the equipment in this bunker is anywhere near the current standard. Most of it's leftover from when I was still a Colonel..."

Will waited until everyone else had left the kitchen before looking again in Rise's direction. "You want to wash or dry?" He asked, indicating the dishes on the table.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Military Compound

Lizzy had been about to tell Snow that she could never leave him wounded like that, even if she threatened it, when he jokingly told her not to give him advice on evasive action. The way he phrased it made her cheeks turn bright red though. "Oh geez... I'd totally forgotten how old you are." She groaned, resting one of her palms on her forehead. "I mean, I've heard of girls having a thing for older guys, but still..." She did her best to sound completely horrified by the thought, but the teasing smile was evident on her face.

"I'd prefer not to take that long, just in case someone else stumbles upon them. How about I go grab what I need and meet you just outside the front gate? We can discuss the rest on the road."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Bunker

Kokonoe had to nod at Keynes' words. This bunker hadn't been used in a while, so it wasn't exactly up-to-date.

"Well, it's not my area of expertise," she said, adjusting her glasses. "But if we tinker around a bit, I think we can rewire a few things to link through my laptop to boost the transmitter output."

She looked over at James, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, what do you think? You're the tech expert here. I'll go grab my equipment, and you see what you can do."

Kokonoe headed down the hallway and disappeared into her room for a few minutes. When she returned, she was carrying her silver briefcase and led them into the com room. The researcher opened her case, setting out her laptop and some of the other technology she'd swiped when she left the facility.

"Think we can do it?" she asked James, stepping aside for him to look everything over.

--------------------

Jax gave a lopsided frown and shrugged. Well, if Will didn't want to train with him, he'd go at it alone. As he left the kitchen, only Rise and Will remained behind. Rise quirked an eyebrow at Will's question as she grabbed a towel and tossed it at him.

"I've seen you and Alex wash dishes. No thanks," she laughed, grabbing a sponge and starting up the water. After a while, Rise glanced over at Will, pursing her lips.

"Hey, how are you doing?" she asked quietly, "I mean, with all the craziness that's been going on, we haven't had much time to talk."

--------------------

Safe House

Raidon was rather sulky as Arya continued to feed him, not unaware that the situation was causing her some amusement. However, her face suddenly seemed to fall as her eyes fell on the bandages covering his wounds.

The pain.. the pain was terrible, but that he could manage. It was far more difficult to know how to deal with her concern. He didn't want to tell her.. didn't want to worry her. But she wanted his honesty. Wasn't it the least he could do?

"Yes.." he said quietly, not meeting her eyes. "But it's better.. thanks to you."

That much was true. Her treatment had helped significantly with the pain. With the medical supplies she'd used, there might not even be noticeable scarring.

He looked down at his arms, attempting to squeeze his hands into fists. How long would he need to be confined to this bed? Or better yet, what would he do when he wasn't?

"Arya?" he asked in his deep, calm voice, turning to look at her. "What will you do now?"

--------------------

Army Squad

Cash and Carrie inspected the suspicious metal wire, expecting it was likely a trap of some sort. Suddenly, however, they heard a noise of approaching footsteps and crouched to watch as a suspicious-looking enemy moved past. The twins looked at each other, then nodded, quietly following after the enemy to see if he would lead them where they needed to go.

--------------------

Lancar froze along with the others, hearing the ominous sounds that gave them a pretty good indication of what had just transpired. As they tensed, considering their next move, a voice quite unsuited to the circumstances chirped cheerfully over the com.

"Hey, what's up, guys?" Sasha said, and Lancar could imagine her familiar grin.

"Sasha!" Lancar hissed, having jumped at the sudden noise. "Don't do that!"

"Hey, no one gave me a heads-up that you guys were going on a mission," she pouted, sounding annoyed. "Anyway, you guys need anything?"

Well, Sasha couldn't read the presence of Majin, but she should be able to sense the supersoldiers.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Bunker

Satisfied with Keynes' explanation, James followed him into the hallway. His hand touched the walls. "Even with the best equipment we can't do it from here," he said indicating the concrete wall. "That leaves either a room closer to outside or like Kokonoe said, we can patch in from the communications room…"

He counted something off on his hand, deep in thought for a few seconds. "The equipment is old and with the excepting of the laptops here, still usable and solid. Actually, because of its age, it's less vulnerable to interference."

James ran his hand through his blonde hair, thinking. Sub-consciously he began playing with his necklace, twirling it between his fingers. "Once we do have the codes, we can set the rest up. If I remember correctly, every bunker has a one-way connection to the Army's restricted channel to receive signals. Reversing it with the right codes will allow us to broadcast freely." He looked at Keynes for confirmation, hoping this bunker wasn't too old.

Once Kokonoe returned with her equipment, he turned the laptop on and hit a few keys. Satisfied he nodded and smiled at her. "This'll work just fine."

Military Compound

"Hey!" he called out in protest. "I'm not that old." However, he grinned as well and lit his cigarette.

"I guess I did deserve that comment though," he grumbled after a few seconds and exhaled grey smoke. Before Lizzy could leave to go to her room, Snow kissed her, leaning in passionately while his hand wandered up her back, undoing the hair she pulled up for the training session.

Even now in the face of being potentially exposed and in danger, he couldn't resist her looks. Quite the opposite was true, the current situation was only adding to the thrill.

"You have to admit, for an old guy, I made quite the impression," he said huskily when he finally pulled away. "But fine, I'll meet you outside. Don't make me tear the place apart just because you're taking too long," he added with a wink and let go of her.

He took another drag on his cigarette, blowing the smoke away from Lizzy and turned around to leave for his motorcycle.

Safe House

She searched his eyes when he finally answered to see if it was the truth. The fact that he actually looked away told her more than a pitch in his voice or a change in his expression could have and she was satisfied.

"I see," she said and moved over to place her wrist on his forehead, hesitating only the slightest of seconds when she remembered how he reacted last time to her touch. "The fever seems to have gone down as well. Though I do expect it to flare up again during the night."

Arya continued to feed him until the bowl was empty. Only then did she stand up to get her own from the desk. His question caught her little off guard, but more so did his voice and her heart raced. Her cheeks flushed. That voice that she had learned to recognize anywhere, that irresistible tone with the deep timbre and the inhuman calmness.

When he said her name, that feeling…Arya sighed internally, for once glad she had her back to him, otherwise he would have seen every emotion on her face and she kept her back to him just a little longer until the flush faded from her cheeks.

"Obviously staying here for now until you can at least eat by yourself," she said, smiling a little too brightly. No, she couldn't fool him. As soon as his eyes fell on her, he saw through her words, and probably knew that this answer was not real. Arya shrugged and sat down on the chair, pulling her legs up. "I have not really thought about it," she finally said more honestly. "And I don't really care. I am sure it will work out somehow."

Giving him another glance, she began to eat. It wasn't until then, she realized how hungry she had been, the past days affording nearly no food at all.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Bunker

Alex looked at the piece of paper thoughtfully, then Keynes' revelation of his old position in the army caught him in surprise. "You were once a colonel? Wow Keynes.... I know you had ties with the army when you were young but..." Alex did not finish his sentences.

Soon Alex eyes soon drifted to the equipment that the old bunker had to offer them as Keynes last comment made him realize how out of date the equipment were. However, James and Kokonoe soon brought some hope to the situation.

"James, you really are one amazing guy." said Alex as the young genius stated that he could work it out.

Alex eyes soon drifted to the paper once again. "We probably start who we are and what we are trying to do." said Alex carefully.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Military Compound

"Mhh... I can think of a few other comments right now too." Lizzy whispered breathlessly as Snow retreated from the kiss. Her eyes wandered to the locker room that was only a few doors away, and for a moment, she contemplated a bit of privacy, but they didn't have time for that, not to mention that there were no locks on the door... Okay, maybe that didn't really bother her. For some reason, the thought of getting caught only made her heart race a little more. Snow was definitely a bad influence on her... Or maybe she'd always been like this and just hadn't known. Actually, that brought other thoughts to mind...

"You know, I'd never really explored the male kingdom before you." She commented, somewhat absentmindedly. "I was too busy with the whole revenge thing. Maybe I have a thing for older guys and I just didn't know." Lizzy let the comment hang in the air as a tease for a moment before she brushed it away with another. "Then again, considering my life goals up until a few days ago, I guess you could say you've been the only man on my mind for a very long time."

She waved playfully at him before dodging around a corner and heading for her room. Her pace was natural, and she made sure not to look around too much. She wanted to look normal, but at the same time, avoid too much conversation that could hold her up.

After a few hallways, she slipped into her room and immediately reached for the gym bag against the wall. Lizzy tipped it over, dumping the contents onto the floor, and stuffed a few changes of clothes into it, along with some things from her bathroom counter, and a pair of boxing gloves hanging from a peg on her wall. She contemplated the laptop on her desk for a moment, but it would have a GPS chip in it. So, it was better to leave the damn thing behind.

Just as she reached for the door, Lizzy turned back and reached for the drawer of her nightstand. From inside of it, she pulled out the locket she had taken from Snow a few days before, and Lizzy quickly pulled it over her head. If she'd forgotten to bring this along, she never would have forgiven herself for it...

"Well, I guess this is it..." She whispered, opening the door to leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunker

While Kokonoe and James chattered about equipment, Keynes lit a cigarette and took a long drag before exhaling a cloud of smoke into the room. "I'll leave the technical details to you two nerds. Just let me know what equipment you need, so I can fetch it for you, and I'll need a copy of the codes to send to my source as soon as you can get them to me. It'll probably take him an hour or two after I get them to him for him to deliver them to Legion. After that, we just have to watch the system like a hawk so we can interrupt the broadcast almost immediately."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm holding up as well as any of us can." Will responded, standing up and throwing the towel over his shoulder so he could help her move the dishes to the sink. "It's Alex I'm worried about. That dork has always taken things too seriously, and since we actually do have to take our current situation seriously, I'm afraid he's gonna meltdown if this keeps up."

"Okay." Alina said, scribbling something down on the paper pad. "So, we introduce ourselves and our goals." She held the pencil up to her mouth thoughtfully, brushing over the eraser with her upper lip. "After that, we should probably reach out to the people. You know, tell them something to make them feel 'not so alone' in all of this mess. We want them to identify with us." She continued to stare at the paper pad, trying to decide how to phrase what she wanted to write.[/color]

Last edited by Payne on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Aera (mid forest)

“No need, I can hear them.” Aera whispered to Sasha and Lancar, as she listened for a few seconds to her surroundings. The one who was formerly in front of them was still in the area; in fact he was getting closer to them by the second!

The other one was harder to detect, he wasn’t moving but judging from the sounds of the branches moving from earlier it was obvious he was somewhere behind the group. But there was something off about this, the rustling sound of the branches were obviously coming from higher up in the trees, but for a super solider to be so subtle.

“I think one of them are climbing around the trees, while the other one is in that direction, Daemond what should we do?”
Aera asked curiously with her calmly pointing towards the direction the other solider was in, as she wanted the group to be on the same wavelength for the time being.

---

Daemond(Mid forest)

“What? Aera your hama spells can consume an entire tree right? Can you cast a spell where you think the super solider is?” Daemond quickly muttered, as he all of a sudden got more panicked when he realized how tactical the soldiers were being.

“As for the rest of us, we’ll need to quickly kill the one in front of us.” Daemond muttered, as he pulled out his sword with the sound of metal coming out of the sheath with him eyes focused on the front of him with him waiting for Aera to start the engagement. The sound of her shouting hama being the trigger

---

“Sure..” Aera mumbled, as she pulled out her sword and shield as she held her shield in front of her face like a book. Until she swung her sword in front of her in a fierce and loud enough manner for the rest to hear.

“Hama!”
Aera stated, as the tree behind the group was devoured in a fierce light with Aera quickly preparing herself for another spell as she needed something strong to take off the super soldiers head.

---

“Tarukaja” Daemond stated, as he punched into a magic circle with him quickly moving forward to find the super solider in front of them quickly to finish him off before the other one recovered. If that monstrosity got the upper hand it would be over, so he needed to use all the strength he had to leave an opening for the rest of the squad.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Bunker

With James taking care of the wiring and setup for the transmission, Kokonoe decided to solve the problem of the codes.

"I can take care of the codes," she said, pulling up a chair and lighting a cigarette of her own. She quickly logged into her laptop, then began entering commands to hack into the Army database. As her fingers flew over the keys, her mind wandered back to the last time she'd hacked like this.. before she'd left the Army. It didn't seem that Chastenay or anyone else had figured out yet what she'd done. That was fortunate.

"How's it going?" she asked James, not looking up from the screen as she worked. As she was in the mainframe, she suddenly stopped at the sight of a recent alert.

"Well, what do you know.." she said, exhaling a cloud of smoke. "Seems the prison convoy got attacked, and the prisoners escaped."

--------------------

Rise had to sigh when Will voiced his concerns for Alex. He was quite right about that. Alex could be a little intense sometimes. No, more like all the time.

"Well, at least helping Alina with the speech should give him an outlet for the time being," she said, rising the soap off a plate and handing it to Will. After finishing the last of the dishes, she dried her hands on her apron and moved over to the cabinets to see what they had in store to prepare for their next meal.

"Hey, you mind checking on Lisa?" she asked Will, voice muffled as she stuck her head in the pantry. "Hopefully whatever Kokonoe gave her will get the drug out of her system soon."

--------------------

Safe House

Arya seemed unusually unconcerned with what her future actions would be, but Raidon didn't press the issue. It seemed rude to watch her eat, so he turned his attention to something else. However, that was proving a rather difficult task. There was little to do in this room ordinarily, but the options were further reduced with his lack of mobility. In the end, he was forced to simply lay and stare up at the ceiling, thinking.

He couldn't stay here. Even without purpose, his body was screaming at him to do something. Anything. He'd never spent a day without working. Never took time for recreation or rest, other than what was required by his body to function.

But what could he do? Even if he did recover to peak form, there was nothing left for him. He could never return to the Army, and he would never join Legion. What was left? To venture out beyond the eastern mountains and try to survive? No, that wasn't enough. He needed purpose.

Helplessness.. utter helplessness crashed over him. Something ached inside.. a horrible emptiness he'd never experienced. Was this what a tool felt like when it was discarded once it had lost its usefulness?

Raidon looked over at Arya, eyes fixed on her intently. The Army would surely hunt her down now. Perhaps..

"Will you let me protect you.. serve as your sword?" he asked, hoping he did not sound as anxious as he felt. If he could look after her, keep her safe from the Army, he would have some sense of purpose.

--------------------

Army Squad

Faced with the prospect of a confrontation, Lancar forced the thoughts of frustration and inadequacy from his mind. This was his squad. They needed him to focus and bring them through this mission.

"Let's move," he said, pressing the switch on his sword to release the segments of the blade into whip form. With that, he charged after Daemond, moving around from the other side to look for any opening the ensign would give him.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:36 am

Military Compound

Catching her last comment, he grinned back and blew her a kiss before he turned around the other corner and walked over to his bike. That woman, he shook his head slightly. She was making him crazy. He'd almost forgotten that she tried to kill him and he knew how it felt to be consumed by revenge.

However, it seemed she was doing fine now and he was glad for that. Seeing her suffer was not something he ever wanted to happen again.

Slowly he rode the bike to the main gate and waited just outside in an empty side street. He had agood view at the complex and could even see the doors of the base.

Snow watched intently, even though it appeared he was just staring at the ground and the guard at the entrance didn't look at him twice.

Finally he saw Lizzy exit through the door and watched how she made her way over to the garage. In his head he counted the seconds until he could expect to hear the sound of a motorcycle coming closer.

Bunker
James shrugged at Alex' comment, downplaying it. "It's what I do," he simply said and returned his attention to the laptop.

Whe Koknoe sat down at the laptop, James moved over and began to set up the camera. Connecting the wiring from there, he pulled the transmitter and a radio apart, wiring vairous parts together. Eventually he plugged it into the communication system of the bunker.

James nodded at Kokonoe's question. "Almost done," he replied and stood up to watch Kokonoe. The news that hte prisoners escaped was quite a surprise. "Wasn't Lisa's sister on that transport?" he asked. "We need to tell her that her sister might still be alive..." he trailed off, distracted by what was happeninig on the screen.

It wasn't that he didn't trust Kokonoe to be capable of doing this. No, the reason he stood so close, focusing on her keystrokes and the screen intently, was that it was unusual for him to be just watching instead of doing the actual hacking.

His fingers kept playing with micro chip around his neck and with a sudden motion he took it off and plugged it into Kokonoe's laptop. "It's not that I doubt you abilities, Kokonoe," he said. "It will just help open a few doors faster and keep them from backtracing us," he explained, hoping it wouldn't insult her.

The chip was essentially a master key, designed to allow for faster access to restricted data and at the same time it wiped out every trace of an unwanted intruder.

Safe House
The silence drew on while Arya ate. Raidon hadn't spoken another word, simply staring off at the ceiling. Well, what had she expected? That he would make small talk? A smile played around her lips. No, that would be completely unlike him.

Eventually he did speak and she looked up from her bowl to find him gazing intently in her eyes. She tilted her head a little and an understanding and soft look spreak across her face. "You cannot go back, can you?" she asked with a sad smile.

Even if he did not believe it, she understood the searching look in his eyes more than she wanted to. Ten years ago, every time she looked in the mirror, she was faced with the same desperate expression, asking herself what she was to do with her life. That ended when she finally joined the army and found something she loved doing, something that gave her life a purpose.

And now it had been taken away again. Not just for her, but for Raidon also and from what she understood, this was all he had ever known. She did not give in to the illusion that the army would simply stop pursuing them, no it was only a matter of time before they caught up again. The fact that he wanted to protect her sent a warm feeling through her, evident by a slight flush of her cheeks. Even if he did not feel the same way she did, being able to spend more time with him was making her happy. Though from the tone in his voice, she suspected that his motives were not quite the same.

Before she answered, she brought the empty bowl back to the desk and then stepped close to him, taking his hand. "I do appreciate your offer to protect me and as long as you are willing to be around, I will be very glad for it, because I am afraid that they will pursue us," she said and then lifted her hand before he could say anything else. "However, I don't want you to throw yourself just at the next best thing you can find. When the time comes eventually, you have to decide what you want to do. Just doing this for the purpose of doing something will never truly make you feel happy."

Arya stood at his side a few seconds longer, looking into his eyes before she looked to the floor and returned to the chair. Yes, Raidon had lost everything and that was not something easily dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Bunker
-Alexander Dranos

Alex blinked, little dumb founded. "I thought you would know better in reaching people's heart, commander...." said Alex, but then he his lips moved without any second thought.

"Well, if it was about reaching out to people, guessing there is no point in hiding the fact what happened..."

Alex weakly smiled, "A boy had his parents murdered and he cried for help but no one came. Only silence greeted him, swallowing his cries for help. People of Kaddath, the conflict between the Army and Legion had made you all suffer and your cries for help were not heard. This conflict made your cries for help muted and left you with scars..." Alex paused, then stared at the paper.

"Well, what I meant was I would try to reach people by making me as equal as them.... You think it's a good idea..? I didn't really tell anyone else about my past.... Well, it's an idea." said Alex, "I mean, you are the speaker so shouldn't your coming out sound more convincing?"

===========================================================

Xennox Xylon

Should he follow Lancar and Daemond to finish the super soldier that stood in front? Or should he help Aera to finish the super soldier. But as Daemond made it clear, he had to follow.

"Careful." said Xennox as he followed Lancar and Daemond to the soldier who were at the front. Xennox quickly draw his sword, reminding himself that he has to kill the super soldier who was in front of the group as soon as possible to come back for his sister. 'I will come back, sister. I will..' thought Xennox.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Bunker

"You know, I think that's the first time I've actually heard you use her name." Will commented thoughtfully as he wiped down the last dish. "Come to think of it, you didn't care much for Lisa at first either." He gave her an unreadable look as he put the dish in the cabinet and threw the towel on the counter. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't get along well with other women."

She seemed to be distracted with looking for something to start dinner with. So, he took her advice and stepped towards the door. "Yes, let's send Will to go see how Lisa is doing." He said, rolling his eyes. "Clearly, he has the best bedside manner."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll go check in on her then." Keynes said, stepping away from Kokonoe and James. "If she's awake, I'll tell her the news, and if you need anything, just yell. I should be back in a few."

He exited the room and made his way down the hall, to where Lisa's room was, and was surprised to find Will exiting it. Keynes raised an eyebrow, but Will just shrugged.

"Rise told me to check on her, but she's still out." He said, fishing for his pack of cigarettes. "Whatever they gave her must have been serious stuff though. She's running a fever."

Keynes frowned at that. "I wonder if Kokone's had a look at her yet. She probably would have seen a fever coming beforehand." He thought back for a moment and remembered the researcher coming to visit him. Ah crap... Did that mean she hadn't been to see Lisa?

Will had already disappeared down the hall, but Keynes made his way back to where Kokonoe and James were working. "Did you go have a look at Lisa?" He asked casually as he entered the room. The question was clearly directed at Kokonoe, but he left any accusation out of it.

Alina only looked pained when Alex spoke his thoughts, and it was a moment before she could bring herself to respond. "I don't think appealing to people's reason is the same as touching their hearts. What I've done for them is mutually beneficial. They prosper while I do the same, but we're never on the same level of the equation. At least, that's how it used to be. I've still not adjusted to my new reality yet."

She held up a hand to keep him from saying any more than he needed to. Alex didn't need to tell her his story. It was his own to keep, and right now, she'd had enough sadness for a lifetime already. "I'll figure something out." She said, giving him a sad smile. "Thank you though."

Military Compound

Lizzy's eyes wandered to where Snow was waiting for her at the gate as she moved between the buildings, and she resisted the urge to wave at him. It was already suspicious enough that she was carrying a duffel bag towards the garage, and she didn't want any more attention drawn to the two of them before they could get off base.

The guy on the bench in the garage nodded to her as she walked past, and Lizzy returned the gesture. They hadn't spoken much, but he knew she frequently came in here to tinker with the bike. Strapping her bag down on the back of it, she threw one leg over it and kicked off, cranking the engine to life as she rolled out the door. Only a few seconds later, she pulled up next to Snow, trying to look casual about it.

"So, where to? Your place probably isn't safe, but do you want to swing by first so you can get some stuff? I don't really have any contacts outside the base. So, you're calling the shots here."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Bunker

Kokonoe raised an eyebrow at the device, clearly impressed. Not that she would ever say that, of course.

"Oh, thanks," she replied, accessing the chip. Just then, Keynes entered the room again, mentioning Lisa. Apparently she had been overlooked when.. well, that was history.

"Actually, you'd better take over," she said, pulling James down onto the chair as she stood up and left the room. Entering Lisa's room, the researcher took a quick look over the patient before discerning immediately which drug it was. It was a fairly common one in the Army for subduing criminals and even hospitals and medical centers for surgery use.

Heading back to her room, she refiled through her things before she obtained a serum. Seemingly satisfied, she returned to Lisa's side and administered it.

"Hey, can you hear me?" she asked once, it seemed Lisa was stirring.

--------------------

Safe House

Raidon frowned at Arya's response. It was certainly not the one he'd been expecting. Still, she was right. He had time till he recovered; he would figure out the rest then.

The door to the room slid opened, and Cecilia entered, smiling.

"You want to use the bathroom? You seem like you could use a shower," she told Arya. "I'll keep a look-out while you do. Try not to take too long."

She glanced over at Raidon, who was gazing at her silently.

"I can prepare a pale of water and a sponge to wipe him down," she continued. "The cleaner he is, the less of a chance of his wounds being infected."

Giving the stern-looking man a sponge bath seemed like awkward task. Sometimes, these things were easier if a stranger did it than someone more personal.

"Do you.. want me to do it?" Cecilia asked, sounding a bit uncomfortable with the topic.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Bunker

James looked up in surprise when Keynes came back with his question and a rather worried look on his face. "Is she okay?" he asked.

Kokonoe decided to check up on Lisa, so James took her place and after assessing the situation for a second, his fingers moved swiftly over the keys. Even though he concentrated on what he was doing, his glance wandered towards the door more than once, waiting for news from Lisa.

Humming to himself he continued working. Eventually he leaned back, a satisfied grin on his face. "Yes!" he said, still grinning. The thrill from what he just pulled off felt almost like a high after a long denial. James unplugged the micro chip and put it around his neck again. Then he hit a few more keys and copied some data two a small storage devices.

"That's the general channel code," he said and pointed at the blue one. "And this one has both, the general code and override key," he added and indicated the black device.

He turned around on his chair to face the others, obviously still excited. "We should finish everything up before we send the code out to the Legion, just so we're ready."

Military Compound

Snow watched her pull up, his eyes wandering over her body that clung to the bike. It took him a few seconds to draw his eyes away and answer her question.

"No. We shouldn't go near the track. They might've sent people there too," suddenly a grin spread across his face. "Though I wouldn't want their job right now." No, they would probably receive a less than warm welcome once they identified themselves as police, not that that was really necessary since the people that hung out around the track could pick out a police officer almost a mile away.

"We're going to Roy's. Just follow me," he said and cranked the engine up. Pulling around, he sped down the street in a moderate pace, checking frequently to make sure for one that they weren't followed and also to make sure Lizzy could keep up. He couldn't help but notice that she made a good figure on the bike, either from natural talent or lots of practice. He'd have to ask her about it sometime.

They turned a few corners onto the freeway and almost rode to the other side of the city. Circling around a few blocks with a detour, they finally arrived at Roy's place.

Snow dismounted the bike and pushed it into a little shed. He motioned for Lizzy to do the same and after closing it up, he pulled her close and gave her a quick kiss before they walked up to the door, knocking on it loudly.

A few seconds later it opened and surprised Roy stood in the doorway. "What the hell do you want?" he asked, not unfriendly. His face lit up a little when he saw Lizzy. "Hello dear, I didn't think I'd see you again." He gave Snow another long look and then stepped back, inviting them in. "Do explain," he requested calmly.

Safe House

"Oh, a shower would be wonderful," Arya said and her face lit up. She could hardly remember the last time she had a shower and immediately she realized how she must look. Dirty, with blood smears all over her clothing, which was not in the best condition either.

Making her way to the door, she stopped when Cecilia spoke again. Her eyes wandered from Raidon to the woman again and she noticed how uncomfortable she suddenly seemed. "No, please, I would not want to trouble you with that. I will do it myself, I need to re-dress the wounds anyways," Arya said, completely ignoring Raidon's gaze. She knew he would not like it; being taken care of was not something he enjoyed, but Cecilia was right. After all he had been through, Raidon did not look his best either. "If you could be so kind to prepare it, I would be grateful."

Arya continued to the bathroom and locked the door. The hot water felt wonderful and she enjoyed the warmth that washed through her body. The smell of soap and shampoo made her feel clean, softening her skin that had suffered from the days in prison. Once she toweled herself off, she discovered that Cecilia had prepared some fresh clothing for her and she made a mental note to thank her again for this kindness.

She pulled her rose-colored hair in a quick braid and returned to the room behind the painting. Everything was already prepared and she pulled her sleeves up and stared to undo the bandage on Raidon's shoulder. Her eyes wandered over his muscled arms to his well toned abdomen until she realized what she was doing. Blushing slightly she looked away. Somehow this was different. Last time Raidon had been unconscious and his life hung in the balance, but now? Arya could feel the awkwardness of the situation rise when she noticed his expression.

"Is something wrong?" she asked while her hands slowly unwrapped the bandage, revealing a neatly stitched up wound. "I hope this does not hurt too much," she added, slightly worried and placed some towels around him before she began.

Swallowing dryly to calm herself down, she lowered the sponge into the warm water and began to softly wipe the blood and the dirt from his arm, working her way up to his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Bunker
-Alexander Dranos

"Sorry." Alex commented short, 'I'm an idiot...' thought Alex. Alina had devoted her life to do good for army and now she had to turn her back against them. 'I am so inconsiderate...' Alex cursed himself.

Alex closed his lips tight; it looked like instead of helping the commander, he was reminding her something she wanted to forget.

'Dammit, Alex...' It was then it came to him what his former teacher did for him. "May be we should tell the people that we will be the shield that protects them from Army and Legion?"
Alex suggested carefully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis IC   Genesis Crisis IC - Page 22 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis IC
Page 22 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next