~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~
 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
avatar

Posts : 3140
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 21
Location : Project Hell

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:34 am

Cyrus Winter

Once done with his contract, Cyrus remained in his seat and observed the rest of the invitees as they conversed. He made note of Pierce with a bit of a frown. He'd hired them no small number of times, and he paid quite handsomely, but his treatment of his employees always rubbed Cyrus the wrong way. He'd treated the hired security much better, if only because they had his life in their hands.

Cyrus remained seated until Luna mentioned the painting being "one of fourteen". This having caught his interest, he finally got up and walked over, "Hello, I'm Cyrus. May I ask for a bit more detail on the rest of those paintings?" He enquired politely.

When the PA started speaking, Cyrus felt his blood run cold. It wasn't so much the altered voice that bothered him. What bothered him more was the strange undertone he heard beneath it. He'd heard it before quite a few times over the course of his career. He made a mental note not to doubt the "your life" part, as he followed the rest of the group to the next room, his arms crossed.

When they were asked for volunteers, Cyrus remained rooted to his spot. Above the whole warning-in-a-contract, he'd had bad feeling since he walked in, and was beginning to wish he'd just stayed home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
avatar

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 24
Location : Eithir

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Morgan Church (Option 2)

Morgan had a confused and uncomfortable look, as the singer smacked his began multiple times.  His hood being knocked back behind him, revealing his full head and the parts of his face that couldn't be seen from the hood.

"Ahem."  Morgan uttered in an embarrassed tone with his face turning a light right, as he quickly pulled his hood back over his head.

Morgan didn't pay attention to much of the dealings of others past that.  He had a few ideas to work out in his head, and that was more important to him.  Though, he did passively give a toast with a light smile when Kenny started talking.

His eyes snapped back to reality with interest when the voice over the PA has his full attention once it started talking, Morgan listening to every word with careful precision with him leaning his head on his hands that were held up in front of him.  The darker tone about death made him slightly uneasy, but he quickly brushed it off as part of the experience.

"Volunteer, hm?  That could be useful."   Morgan muttered to himself, as he slowly rose from his chair and began to raise his hand in response despite the man who volunteered when he was intercepted by the singer again with him talking about how he didn't know what was going on here and about his... lavish jet.

"What.. you?" Morgan said in confusion about how that 'not knowing what's going on' comment, as he gave a concerned look over towards the girl called Remy from earlier who was giving off some... strange signal after the jet comment.

He didn't want to lose her as a potential customer or give off the wrong impression, but this business transaction would be a great way for him to expand his merchandise, which in turn would mean less work for him in the difficult medium department.  He would need to talk to her later

"Well, you're in for a treat. This is an escape mansion, one of that best ones at that! The normal format with these kinds of room is solving the puzzles in a limed amount of time to open the next door."  Morgan stated, carefully observing to singer to make sure he understood, as he continued to say in a darker tone, "Though, I'm more interested what caused so many dark spirits to haunt this place, it's kept me on edge every since this place's ownership switched over."

Morgan's eyes shifted for a moment towards the volunteer after he was done explaining, seeing what exactly was going to happen with him.  Still, he didn't actually believe dark spirits resided here, but it sounded plausible with how scary this place was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
avatar

Posts : 32908
Join date : 2013-07-11
Age : 28
Location : Dimension Hopping

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Master Post


Pierce and Alecia exchange looks, neither of the prepared to volunteer. Kenny wavers a moment, fidgeting with his hands as though tempted to volunteer but too afraid to do so.

"Not sure what I'm volunteering for, but hey, if no-one else wants to, sign me up!"

The others all turned to look as Jacke steps forward toward the door into the room beyond.

"Excellent. Please, step through so we can begin."

Jacke enters to the room, and the door shuts behind him. The group shuffles closer to the glass to peer inside as Jacke begins to inspect the room.

"Can you hear us?" Kenny calls out.

"A little," Jacke replies. His voice is muffled by the thick glass, but still audible.

"Now then, let's continue. Remember how I mentioned rules? There are a few things I really hate, and one of them is people who judge without knowing a ****ing thing."

That sounded a bit odd. Alecia hugs her arms and shifted uncomfortably.

"Every room is outfitted with a death trap. If you violate the rules in any way, the death trap will active automatically. Killing everyone in the room, neither instantly nor painlessly." The speaker crackles. "And, of course, if you haven't escaped by the end of the nine hours, then all the death traps will go off at once. Killing all remaining guests without mercy."

"What?" Alecia murmurs, her eyes wide.

Kenny, shaking, looks around at the others. "This is... part of the scenario, right? It is, isn't it?"

"And to show you I'm not ****ing around, Mr. Reynolds is going to help me demonstrate a death trap right now."

"Can we stop?" Alecia interjects. "I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this anymore."

A harsh, metallic sound interrupts. Out of a vent in the top of the wall in the room Jacke occupies, water begins to gush out. Everyone presses close to the glass, watching the water creep up Jacke's shoes and his ankles.

"Jacke?" Kenny yells, hitting the thick glass. "Jacke, are you okay?"

"We... we have to do something," Alecia says.

Pierce watches silently, transfixed by the water, as the others rush over to the door to try it. The light is firmly red, however, and doesn't give at all.

"What do we do?" Kenny asks, his voice strangled. "It's up to his calves now!"

Alecia takes a deep breath and straightens up. "This is still a puzzle room, right?" Alecia says. "There has to be a clue or something around to get the door open."

You:

Choice C: Search around for a clue.

Choice D: Try to break the glass.

(Sned, this choice applies to you too)

_________________

~Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Excalibur Morgan all the way!!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
avatar

Posts : 4614
Join date : 2013-08-19
Location : voice from a distant star ~

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:39 am

Choice C - Search around for a clue

“Wh-what ?!”

They had to be kidding. This was supposed to be fun. Knowing you could fight for your life at any moment or even die was not her image of fun.

The water began rushing into the room where Jacke was held. For a moment Remy was frozen in place, her mind still somewhat refusing to believe this was really happening. Alecia was right though. There had to be a way to save Jacke, even if it was just opening the door.

“I’ll help search,” she said and turned away from the window. Even though she war worried about Jacke, they needed to take action.

Remy began looking around, hoping to find something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-03-13
Age : 22
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Jacke

Jacke enters the room at the PA's beckoning.

"Now then, let's continue. Remember how I mentioned rules? There are a few things I really hate, and one of them is people who judge without knowing a ****ing thing."

"Whoa, okay, no need to swear at us..." he mutters.

Jacke looks around the room, evidently curious. He attention is drawn when the PA mentions soemthing about death traps.

"Wait, wait, hold on a minute, did you say death traps? You're really working for that mature rating, aren't you?" He chuckles a little, but he glances around the room a little nervously.

Jacke continues to listen as the PA continues on about death traps... wait did it just say he was going to demonstrate one?!

His head snaps towards the grinding noise as the vent releases water into the room at a fast pace. Jacke, still not quite beleiving the voice, looks back at the group through the glass, seeing the starting to panic a bit.

"Haha... okay PA guy... you got me, you're scaring me a bit here. Could you, uh, maybe stop?"

The voice doesn't respond to him as the water level increases rapidly. He shivers as the cold water reaches his calves. He hears the others talk about searching for clues. Getting quite panicked himself, Jacke starts casting his eyes about the room to see if he can find anything that might be what they're looking for.

Choice C : Search around for a clue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
avatar

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 24
Location : Eithir

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Morgan Church (Choice C)

Morgan's face was absolutely blank when the man over the PA started swearing.  Then, Sweat droplets and confusion beginning to plague Morgan's face when water came rushing into the room.  

"Okay, you can halt a bit of the water flow now." Morgan thought to himself, panic beginning to very obviously set in on his face.

He quickly glanced around at the others and took a close look at Jacke by quickly running over and moving his face very close the glass for a moment to see his panicked expression as water started flowing in.

"Hu?" Morgan stated with confusion, as one of his eyebrows raised when Jacke began looking around for what seemed to be clues.

There's no way that he would be this calm if he was trapped in that room, and the majority of people don't have this kind of mental fortitude.  They would be banging on the glass or wouldn't be able to function at all.  After all, everyone who he did his simple seance tricks like levitation, fake possession, and knowing information he couldn't 'possibly' know go crazy in seconds.

"He's probably an actor and there's an escape route if the room completely fills up, there's no way they could do this to us." Morgan mumbled quietly, as he regained most of his composure with his hands still shaking slightly.

"I agree, let's look for clues.  Panicking will only lower his chances, and we don't want to add another soul to be trapped in this damned place." Morgan stated with all the fake determination he could muster, as he nodded in Alecia's direction and began looking around for clues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
avatar

Posts : 3140
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 21
Location : Project Hell

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Cyrus Winter

As the voice in the PA finally completely let loose its crazy, Cyrus reaffirmed to himself that he really should have stayed home. He knew he had a bad feeling about this place, he should have listened to his guts and left while he still could. Of course, assuming he managed to get out of this crazy place unmolested... a dangerous glint flashed in his eye.

As a former soldier, Cyrus didn't take the situation as badly as the others, his mind instead entering a state of alertness. He hadn't survived this long by panicking at every dangerous encounter. While he didn't buy any of Morgan's "medium" mumbo-jumbo, he agreed. "Yea, it's best we listen for now. At least as long as the PA keeps to the puzzle format, we have a chance. Only the Lord knows what the madman might do if anyone tried to act out"

Choice C - Search around for a clue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow-Heart
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
avatar

Posts : 2489
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 29
Location : The Chaos Realm

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Spoiler:
 

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Master Post

Choices
Spoiler:
 
Yù zǐ shuǐjīng

Wait, what?” Yù zǐ was slightly surprised at Morgan’s explanation and began stroking his chin in thought. “That is interesting, a bit mortifying but interesting.”

The man’s eyes widened upon the mention of dead spirits haunting the place, it made him eye the place with a bit more scrutiny as to spot any dark spots for these so-called trapped souls shifting about.


Yù zǐ found himself plastered in front of the thick glass and observing the situation, while still stroking his beardless chin. He silently glanced at Morgan who was standing next to him when the comment about trapped Souls was uttered. The Pop-Rock star didn’t really delve much into the sort of stuff, but living under and around Chinese culture, the motif of souls resentful or otherwise and possessions and reincarnation was quite strong, at least that was what he had been exposed to.

The chin stroking man returned to observe Mr. Reynolds and his condition.

Hmmm...” Yù zǐ mused as he sorted the puzzling pieces in his mind. “He says that dark spirits haunt this place and more can get trapped here, butis that really true? I mean, logically thinking, if there were people dying in here during their playthrough, the survivors wouldn’t have stayed quiet and most likely spread word about their experience, even though if they may have signed a non-disclosure form informing them of not to. I mean, potentially it would be murder that they may have been a witness to. That is not something one might want to keep quiet about, lest it eventually comes out in the open and they are prosecuted for being a part of the killings. So, taking all that in account, I would assume that everyone who has been in here have eventually so-called escaped. This all is just the experience and in the end everyone who were invited would have exited out the mansion with just a stressful experience or something.” Yù zǐ looked around the room filling up with water and continued. “We just have to play-along and reach the end. So, I’ll participate in this so-called clue finding gimmick, just to go with the flow of the experience.”


The water was quickly rising and Yù zǐ had wasted enough time already… well if he believed that this was all a gimmick and in the end the sinking guy would actually survive but to the onlookers he would be displayed as if he was killed, then in that sense there really was no worry of time wastage, but any absence of an able person might decrease his chances of reaching the end so it was best to set him free as soon as possible.

Hey, Mr. Reynolds, if all else fails, you could find something to either block the vents to give us more time or break them apart to create a large enough hole for you to climb out through.”


Yù zǐ banged on the glass in hopes of any response to like testing the strength of the glass and to grab the trapped guy’s attention to see if he heard about giving them time by utilising his own precious time for finding anything to block the vents. After that, Yù zǐ himself stepped back and scanned the room they were all in and inside the water room too for any clues that the Game Master had instructed them to seek out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
avatar

Posts : 5967
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 28
Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Choice C: Search around for a clue

Remembering the warning in the contract, Luna held back when the voice prompted the group for a volunteer. Besides, the room they'd just walked into was sterile in a creepy way. She could practically see the laughing mad scientist hovering over his twisted creations laying on the tables in her head.

Shaking the thought away, she focused on the words, which turned even more frightening once Jacke entered the room beyond. A chill ran down her spine as the voice morphed from the tone of a detached narrator to a disgruntled fanatic. Yeah, she was seeing that mad scientist in her head again. Only this time, he was pulling a lever that was dumping a huge bucket of water into the room where Jacke now found himself.

"Morbid sense of humor much?" She muttered to herself. The thought was entirely inappropriate, considering their current situation and what had just been revealed to them, but hey, everyone has ways of coping with their fears, right?

It just figured that this place was a giant death trap. Life had been going pretty well for her lately.

As everyone else in the room scrambled about, searching for something, she stared at the glass. One of her roommates had been into glass sculptures. So, she knew that the best way to fracture it would be a sudden change in temperature, but even if they could break it, the water would just fill up the room they were in as well.

A cartoon version of herself sank to the ground amidst the flood, eyes crossed out, and the letters R I P spelled out in bubbles bursting from her mouth. Who knew that life-threatening situations could produce so much artistic fodder?

Okay, so the best option was probably to find the way out of the room. The voice on the intercom had sounded crazed, not murderous. That meant he probably didn't want to kill them, just toy with them. Her gaze landed on the still stationary Pierce, and for a moment, she saw him as a marionette with little joints bending at odd angles, and strings attaching him to the ceiling.

"You definitely need to get out more." Luna muttered to herself as she tapped him on the shoulder.

"With a suit like that, I'm sure you're used to standing around and letting other people do stuff, but we're kinda in a time pinch here. So, you might want to help look for the way out."

Without waiting for a response, Luna turned to do what pretty much everyone else seemed to be doing. Looking for a way out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
avatar

Posts : 32908
Join date : 2013-07-11
Age : 28
Location : Dimension Hopping

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Master Post


Pierce tears his eyes away from the water rushing into the adjacent room at the sound of Luna's voice. He grits his teeth, looking like he might lash out at her, but then stalks off into a corner of the room not being searched.

Alecia watches him a moment, then turns back to the keypad she's been studying. Above it seems to be whatever code they're supposed to figure out, but she can't make any sense of it.

PRAY

What could that mean? Tearing her eyes away from the keypad, she notices a lever in the wall, made of the same material so that it blends into the wall in the dim lighting. She hesitates, then pulls on the lever.

A grinding noise brings everyone to a halt for a moment. The water in the adjacent room seems to stop - only for water to pour suddenly out of the vets above them. Alecia, startled, pushes the lever back into position, and the water resumes gushing into the room with Jacke.

"We can stop the flow of water over there," she says, turning toward the glass.

"If we want to get ourselves drowned," Pierce retorts, grimacing as his expensive shoes slosh in water.

"And maybe ruin some of the clues," Kenny says, waving an envelope he snatched just in time from beneath a shelf. "This is addressed to you, Alecia."

Her eyes widen. "Me?"

Kenny trots over to her, kicking up water under his tread. He hands the envelope over to her, which she tears open with shaking fingers.

Her eyes widen. On the paper is a solitary word stamped in bold, red letters.

GUILTY

"What?" she murmurs. She stares at it, not sure what to make of it. Why would their captor...?

She turns over the paper and finds something else. In the top right corner is a number stamped. -1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacke begins to look around for clues, but the water gushing in and rising with every moment makes it hard to think, much less search properly. It doesn't help when the lights begin to flicker, then suddenly go out.

After a moment, they return. Facing Jacke through the glass on the opposite side of the room from the others is an inhuman face.

Spoiler:
 

The thing strikes with its knife, which lets out a piercing screech as it scrapes down the glass.

"Hello, Mr. Reynolds. Are you enjoying the game?"

It's voice is as distorted as when it comes across the PA, especially when it lets out a laugh.

"It seems we have some skeptics in the group. What do you think, Mr. Reynolds? Is what you're experiencing real?" The playful tone drops away like a sheer cliff. "I should just kill you right now so they know who they're dealing with."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Alecia ponders the clue in her hand, Kenny suddenly lets out a strangled noise. Alecia looks up, following his trembling hand as he points through the glass.

"Oh my god!" he moans. "There's someone there!"

The note nearly slips from Alecia's hand as she stares at the inhuman costume to match the inhuman voice... and the dark red stains she prays aren't what she thinks they are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Goatman tilts its head as it regards Jacke.

"Since you were such a good sport though," he murmurs, his playful tone returning, "I'll give you a clue. The answer has something to do with the order in which you all arrived."

Goatman backs away from the glass, his strong shoulders shaking lightly.

"Good luck."

The lights flicker. When they return, the monstrous figure is nowhere to be seen.

================================================

Puzzle I: The Drowning Room

Clues:

1) The answer has something to do with the order in which everyone arrived
2) There are ten clues, each an envelope with an individual's name on it.
3) A lever can stop the flow of water into the drowning room by redirecting it into the main room.

Rules:


1) Each turn you will search for a clue. Roll a D6 dice on he discord and put your result at the top of your post. If you succeed, you will obtain a clue. You can make it the one with your name, or it can be someone else's if you prefer. You can open it yourself first, or give it to them unopened.
         1-3 Fail
         4-6 Success
2) On any turn, you can use the lever to stop the flow of water into the drowning room by redirecting it into the puzzle room. Doing so will stop the death counter each turn the flow is redirected. However, every turn it's redirected will require a D6 roll from the person who activated the lever. On a success, everything remains fine. On a failure, a clue will be lost. You will be forced to then solve the puzzle without that clue.
3) You only have three chances to enter the 4-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in both rooms and kill everyone.
4) Answers and clues can only be communicated IC. Keep it realistic.
4) In seven master posts, the drowning room will fill, killing its occupant.

_________________

~Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Excalibur Morgan all the way!!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Shadow-Heart
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
avatar

Posts : 2489
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 29
Location : The Chaos Realm

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Spoiler:
 

@Ghosty  (Shadow)
Result: 1d6 (2)
Total: 2
Yù zǐ shuǐjīng

Yù zǐ quickly grabs a chair and climbs on top of it as the lawyer pulls on the lever and the water starts pouring into their room. “What?” he stares at anyone judging him, “I am searching for any clues stuck in the ceiling.” Yù zǐ quickly starts peering up as if trying to really look for any markings while hiding the fact that he didn’t want his clothes getting wet.

He thinks about what the goat-headed being mentioned. “Something to do with the order in which they arrived.” He was the third to enter but didn’t really notice the order the rest entered in, apart from Alecia and Kenny of whom he himself didn’t know who was first amongst them two.

Hey did anyone manage to find any clues? I am getting nothing so far. But about what Goatee said earlier, I believe I was the third to arrive in here. Hope that helps everyone.” Yù zǐ spoke aloud to everyone as he stepped down from the chair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
avatar

Posts : 4614
Join date : 2013-08-19
Location : voice from a distant star ~

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:41 am

Choice C - Result: 1d6 (1) - Fail

Morgans words about dark and trapped souls sent a shudder down her back. How was she to concentrate if there were other beings watching them?

"I can't find anything," Remy exclaimed and kept looking around. It didn't seem like there was anything in this room. What was she even looking for?

Suddenly Alecia found a letter. Maybe there were more letters? Maybe she needed another filter.
Her mind also kept turning over the other information their host had given them. The order of which they arrived. If she remembered correctly, she'd arrived as the fifth person.

Remy was startled when suddenly the water began rushing into their room because Alecia pulled a lever. Within seconds her shoes were soaked.

"Ugh," she said, "Now, I certainly can't find anything on the floor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
avatar

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 24
Location : Eithir

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 am

Morgan Church (2) - Fail

Morgan was growing more and more on edge, as the goat man started making a noise that made him want to scream at the damned thing.  This couldn't possibly be real, could it?  There's no way, he refused to believe that his life could actually be in danger in such a stupid escape mansion.

Soon, the water rushing in snapped the medium awake, as he quickly pulled up his robes to avoid the wet portions of the room revealing black pants garnished in mystical artifacts and trinkets.  Morgan quickly walked over to one of the drier spots in this fashion where the water hadn't reached yet, which was next to some shelves.

"I'll check the books, if it's an envelope it could be hidden in one of the pages." Morgan muttered in frustration that was barely audible to the rest of the group, as he flipped and shook open various books with his shaking hands obstructing him, not finding a single letter inside.

"Crafty..." Morgan muttered in envy, as he looked up at Yu Zi on a chair. And in response, looked down to see the bottom portion of his robes had gotten wet despite his efforts to avoid this.  

Morgan's face began to turn a light red, as he closed his eyes and meditated for a few seconds, wasting more time to find clues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
avatar

Posts : 3140
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 21
Location : Project Hell

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Cyrus Winter - Success

Not standing around in shock or disbelief like the others, Cyrus commenced his search without delay. He turned away from the brightly lit glass and allowed his eyes to adjust to the darkness of the room for a moment, before moving to a wall and beginning to grope around with an expert hand. He moved slowly starting from one corner of the room towards another. Perhaps due to his luck being good this time around, or perhaps thanks to his experience in such matters, he quickly found an envelope, carefully tucked behind a tile on the wall.

Cyrus carefully pulled the envelope free, making sure not to damage the paper packaging. Returning to a better lit part of the room, he flipped the envelope from side to side and found it just happened to have his own name written on the back. Seeing as it was addressed to him, he found no reason to wait around and opened it up immediately, while announcing his findings to the rest of the group as he did so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-03-13
Age : 22
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Jacke
Choice C - d6 (3) - fail

The lack of a response from the PA and the raised voices in the other room don't help Jacke's rising panic. He is snapped out of his stupor by the sound of a grinding noise. He looks at the vent and realises the water is no longer pouring out!

The lights flicker, plunging him into darkness temporarily. The lights come back on, and Jacke looks around. He lets out a scream as he is confronted by the goat man, backing up as far as he can, resting against the dividing wall between him and the rest of the group.

"Hello, Mr. Reynolds. Are you enjoying the game?"


Wordlessly, Jacke listens to the goat man's monologue, too afraid to do anything, heedless to the actions of his companions behind him.

"I'll give you a clue. The answer has something to do with the order in which you all arrived."

As the lights flicker and the goat man disappears, Jacke lets out a shaky breath. What did he mean by the order that they arrived?

After a moment, he turns back towards the group. Someone said there would be clues, right? And the answer had something to do with the order they arrived?

"A-alright. Guys, w-who got here first?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
avatar

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Kirigakure

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 am

Join still in a world of disbelief, he the con man the guy who tricks others was now tricked and placed into a situation where his own life is on the line. He isn't a bad person so he wants to help others to escape with all lives still intact. Even though he didn't say a word to any of these other participates he tried to learn as many names as possible cause some could turn out to be more cunning and resourceful which he can ride or help all the way to the end.

After a guy named Jacke was stuck in the other room it started to fill with water they were given the first obstacle, Join looked around to see what the others were doing, mainly all of them went straight to looking for clues, but none did the most obvious and trying to break the glass though since its the most obvious it wouldn't have worked right? But Join likes to eliminate all reason to doubt it would or wouldn't.

As everyone went on to searching for clues he seemingly walked pass them to the window to see if he could try to break it, taking off his scarf since it was clothing that he came in with he wrapped it around his hands, he also slipped a few coins as well by placing them in between his fingers he tried to make a makeshift brass knuckle. As he was about to punch the glass one of the other participate, if he remember correctly was a man who was last to arrive to the mansion was exclaiming he found a clue. Keeping his ears open to what the clue or the content of what he found being discussed Join continued back to trying to break the glass as he first felt over the glass to see if it had an structural integrity or some weak point.

He didn't know what type of glass this was, but he wanted to think it was temper, and the weak point of temper is the edges one solid hit could work, but it probably still be impossible.  Join began to punch the very edges of the glass until either he start to bleed or the glass started to crack. As Join aggressively hit the glass he started to yell, underneath his weirdly dress sense of style, he is a smart person and being in alot of fights he knows that being afraid, crying, yelling or etc. actually releases endogenous opioids and sometimes help adrenaline, though mostly from fear. But oxytocin, helps relive some physically pain. So his yelling does have a sense of purpose but others may see it like a brute just banging away at a glass that may never break.

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
avatar

Posts : 5967
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 28
Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:03 am

Result: 3 (failure)

As she pulled open a drawer on the stark desk before her, Luna came to a halt as she heard an abrupt and eerie grinding sound, much like the one right before the water began filling up the other room. Surely the same wouldn't happen in here, right?

No sooner had the thought passed through her mind than she suddenly found herself drenched from above. Letting out a squeak, Luna stepped from beneath the flow, only for it to be cut off almost immediately anyway. "C-c-cold." She hugged her arms, trying to keep her teeth from chattering. This time, there weren't any inspirational cartoons dancing through her mind. Things had just gotten all too real.

"I should have j-just stayed home." She muttered through clenched teeth as she turned her attention back towards the desk.

"How about a warning n-next time you plan on doing that?" Luna yelled over her shoulder at Alecia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
avatar

Posts : 32908
Join date : 2013-07-11
Age : 28
Location : Dimension Hopping

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Master Post

Fail, Pass, Fail

Alecia blanched when Luna snapped at her. “Sorry, it wasn’t intentional,” she replied, half-apologetic and half-annoyed. She tried seaching for clues near the door, but found nothing. It was especially hard when her mind was focused on solving the riddle on the door. When Jacke waded over to the window and shouted through the thick glass what the Goatman had told him, she nodded and put a reassuring hand on the glass near him.

“We’ll figure it out,” she told him. “Yes, Yu Zi was third. I was second, and Kenny was first.”

Kenny nodded, hands coming up empty from digging through a drawer, then looked over at Luna. He sidled over to her, hovering awkwardly.

“You all right?” he asked. “I’d offer you my coat, but...” He shrugged his coatless shoulders.

The next moment, a suit jacket descended over Luna’s shoulders. Kenny blinked up at Pierce, who glared at him.

“What?” he growled. “I’m going to have to take it to the cleaners at this rate anyway. Just try to not to lose it.”

Alecia called over to him, and he glanced over in her direction.

“When did you arrive?” she asked.

Pierce paused to think, stroking his goatee as he did so. However, his contemplation was rudely interrupted by a sudden pounding on the glass and a ludicrous chorus of yells.

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA"

Pierce stared at the man a moment, a vein pulsing angrily in his forehead. Nevermind that, which arrival was he? Let’s see....

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA"

There were at least six by the chairs, and... was there one by...?

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA"

Yes, there were only two who came in after him, and the group was ten. So that would make him...

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA"

“WOULD YOU STOP THAT INFERNAL RACKET?!” Pierce snarled at Join. “Stop acting like a caged gorilla and use your brains, however few you have.”

Alecia and Kenny stared in surprise, and Pierce cleared his throat a moment to regain his composure.

“I was the eighth arrival,” he said, his voice surly. He gave Join one last, scathing look before resuming his search.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Cyrus and Remy opened their envelopes, they found the same message as Alecia branded in the center of the page.

GUILTY

On the back of Remy’s was a +1. On the back of Cyrus’ was a -1.

(Note: You guys need to share your information before it becomes public, ie usable, knowledge.)

================================================

Puzzle I: The Drowning Room

Clues:

1) The answer has something to do with the order in which everyone arrived
2) There are ten clues, each an envelope with an individual's name on it.
3) A lever can stop the flow of water into the drowning room by redirecting it into the main room.

Rules:

1) Each turn you will search for a clue. Roll a D6 dice on he discord and put your result at the top of your post. If you succeed, you will obtain a clue. You can make it the one with your name, or it can be someone else's if you prefer. You can open it yourself first, or give it to them unopened.
         1-3 Fail
         4-6 Success
2) On any turn, you can use the lever to stop the flow of water into the drowning room by redirecting it into the puzzle room. Doing so will stop the death counter each turn the flow is redirected. However, every turn it's redirected will require a D6 roll from the person who activated the lever. On a success, everything remains fine. On a failure, a clue will be lost. You will be forced to then solve the puzzle without that clue.
3) You only have three chances to enter the 4-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in both rooms and kill everyone.
4) Answers and clues can only be communicated IC. Keep it realistic.
4) In seven master posts, the drowning room will fill, killing its occupant.[/quote]

Discovered Information:

1) Kenny was the first to arrive. Alecia was second. Yu Zi was third. Pierce was eighth.
2) The passcode is PRAY
3) Alecia’s clue has a -1.

Clues Discovered: 3/10

Death Counter: 2/7

_________________

~Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Excalibur Morgan all the way!!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
avatar

Posts : 4614
Join date : 2013-08-19
Location : voice from a distant star ~

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Remy - Result: 1d6 (2)

Remy took the envelope Pierce handed her. She opened it with shaking hands only to hold it up, looking slightly confused.

"Guilty?" she asked. "What the heck does that mean?"

"Also there's a +1 on the back," she added. "So I came in as the fifth person...maybe I need to add plus one?"

She looked around. So if there was an envelope for each of them, they needed to find a few more. Hopefully most of them were in this room and not the one being filled with water. She looked over to Jacke anxiously.

There was a commotion when Join tried to unsuccessfully break the glass.

"You haven't even made a dent," she said to him. "Help us look for more clues instead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
avatar

Posts : 5967
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 28
Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Result: 5 (success)

Of course the nerdy one was going to hover over her. She couldn't even pull off her t shirt and wring it out, since the one beneath it was white.

Luna might have snapped at the man under different circumstances, but right now, she needed him to focus on searching for more clues instead of carrying on a conversation. "I'll be f-fine." The words had barely left her lips when Pierce's jacket fell over her shoulders. She looked up at him, blinking as she pulled the coat tightly around her torso.

"I..." Remembering what she'd said only moments before, Luna averted her eyes. "Thanks. I'll make sure you get it back." The residual body heat made the jacket all the warmer, and as she inhaled, Luna realized that it even smelled expensive. Or maybe that was a trace of his cologne?

Before she could follow that train of thought too far, a sudden pounding noise drew her attention. Much to her distress, one of the other occupants appeared to be trying to break through the glass. It was something beyond him that caught her attention though. Affixed to one of the instruments hanging from the ceiling was an envelope.

Dashing past the yelling man, she reached for it, but her fingertips came up short. "Hey! Someone tall come over here!" She pointed up at the envelope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-03-13
Age : 22
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:05 am

Result: 4 (success)

Jacke listens to the group's responses to his question. So it was Kenny, Alecia, then Yu Zi... and then it was himself?

L-let's see... I think I arrived before you, Remy? So I'm fourth?"

Moping around wasn't going to save him, so Jacke begins searching of clues in a more reasonable manner. It did help that his companions on the other side of the glass seemed to be having success searching. Then there was that guy banging on the glass in an attempt to break it.

"Erm... I-I appreciate the gesture, but I don't think it's going to work..."

He begins opening some of the cupboards - if there are any clues there, they are going to be damaged by the rising water soon. Sure enough, he finds an envelope tucked away between some nondescript medical supplies, and retrieves it just as the water level rises to engulf the medical supplies.

"I got one!" Without hesitation, he opens the envelope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow-Heart
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
avatar

Posts : 2489
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 29
Location : The Chaos Realm

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Spoiler:
 

@Ghosty (Shadow)
Result: 1d6 (6)
Total: 6
Yù zǐ shuǐjīng

The man with the more expensive coat squinted at the act of donation of clothes from Cue-Ball to the young blonde girl. He shrugged and adjusted his own coat while thinking that maybe if he was wearing his other jacket, he might have handed it over to a person in need, but not this one. This one had sentimental value and he couldn’t casually part with it.

The sudden loud banging made Yù zǐ grimace in total annoyance. There was no melody to the sound, no rhythm, it was pure chaotic, unrefined bashing of sharp metal on glass and it was getting painful to the ear of the musician. Thankfully the generous man of earlier shouted at the punching guy to stop the racket he was causing which apparently did not even put a dent in the window.



The girl who now had a jacket added to her apparel was asking for help to grab the envelope she just spotted. Yù zǐ thought for a second to help her get the envelope, he visualized himself tiptoeing to grab onto the hanging item, but then he remembered something.

Hey, we could use this you know.” Yù zǐ walked towards the girl while holding the chair he was recently standing on and placed it down underneath the previously out of reach envelope.

Using the chair as a stool, the helpful man was more than able to grab onto the paper without the need of standing on the tip of his toes.

There you go girly. Hope it helps.” Yù zǐ gave the envelope to her with a cheerful smile



After doing the good deed of the day, Yù zǐ walked away to examine another area of the room which the others had yet to explore. Further, in the distance, a red glow caught the explorer’s eye and upon closer inspection, it turned out to be another keypad that was keeping it’s connected door securely shut.

Woah is this the main exit?” The surprised man questioned himself in an almost hushed whisper.

Looking hither and thither, Yù zǐ frantically searched for anything out of the ordinary. A few seconds later his leg bumped into a drawer which sent it rolling a few inches further into the dark.

HmmI wonder.”

Yù zǐ ’s eyes sparkled with excitement as he approached the knee length double drawer on wheels. Bending down and prying open the lowest draw, the man clicked his tongue upon finding it empty.

I’m feeling lucky right now.” The man pulled on the handle and with a little tug, the front panel clicked out of its lock and was fell outward. With a surprised look, Yù zǐ placed his hand deep inside the open panel and rummaged through into the dark and dusty space with the tip of his fingers.

Aha!!” The lucky man exclaimed as paper made contact with his fingers which he pulled out without haste.


Pushing himself back up on to his feet, Yù zǐ dusted of the envelope by using it as a paper fan before looking at both sides of it to see what marking if any were on it. Hopefully, it was a clue meant for him. He quickly walked back to the new exit and use the red light for reading the contents of the envelope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
avatar

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 24
Location : Eithir

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Morgan Church (4 Success)

Morgan reopened his eyes, now calmer from this crazed situation.  He glanced around to only to see Join now repeatedly punching the window after he specifically said to look for clues to not aggravate whoever was in here further.  Regardless, the situation still seemed far-fetched, but the fear in him just kept getting worse and worse... maybe there were actually spirits here who were trying to tell him something...

"HM?" Morgan muttered, as he noticed all the books on the old bookcase that weren't tight packed together were shaking slightly from the force.  But more importantly, a small section of the bookcase itself was shaking as well... almost like there was some sort of incision around it.

"This!  I see your sign!" Morgan stated in surprise, as he briskly walked over to the wall and pushed against the wall, as the portion pushed back that showed a hollow section inside the bookcase.  Morgan quickly reached inside, as he felt around the side of the walls until a paper like feeling passed over his hands.

"I found it." Morgan stated with pride, as he yanked at the paper the sound of tape ripping of it could be heard.  Morgan pulled out his hand to reveal an envelope that was addressed to him, as he held it slightly in the air and in front of him for the rest of the group to see.

"Oh, and there were 5 people here when I arrived.  So, I guess that would make me sixth."  Morgan stated, as he turned his eyes towards his letter and began to open it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
avatar

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Kirigakure

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:45 am

Join's fist began to pour a little red, meaning that it was more than likely bullet proof or something stronger. Who even adds this time of glass in such a game as escape the room, Join said to himself. Ignoring the babble of an old man behind him the one stuck inside at least appreciated the gesture.

"Best to eliminate all doubt don't you think? Sometimes the answer to hard question is something super simple. But don't fret we will get you out." Join said as he lean back slightly pointing at them and giving a thumbs up, he too was feeling scared, though keep a smile will help the mood a little.

Another person commented behind him saying he was unable to put a dent in the widow, ignoring that he went to look for clues as well, with his luck he knew it won't make much of a difference. Looking around near the bottom side of the glass he tried to see if there was any other envelopes. Ultimately he failed to find any on the first pass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
avatar

Posts : 3140
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 21
Location : Project Hell

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Cyrus Winter - Fail

Cyrus looked through a few cupboards but came up empty. As he stood thinking of where to try next, he heard Jacke give out a hint, apparently given to him by their... eccentric, host.

Walking over to the group, he put in his five cents as well. "I came in last, so that makes me 10th, here's what my card had to say." He raised the card for everyone to get a good look, showing off the "Guilty" and the "-1" as he flipped it from side to side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   

Back to top Go down
 
TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape
Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Eggo Commercials for January 2018
» The Gleaming Maiden's Escape (Open)
» Escaping Reality
» Bio-Emerge:Grim Reaper
» Chapter 0: Escape From Loguetown, To The East Blue We Go

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: IC Section-
Jump to: