Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Inception - DeCosta Job

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:46 am

Meeting in a Cuban prison? And here she thought she and John had gotten to know each other under unusual circumstances.

Not that it was an equivalent comparison. They were a couple. She and John most certainly weren't.

Sofie shook her head and focused her attention back on Karina, who was checking on the cooking. It was good to know Karina only poisoned her guests intentionally, though it was a sobering warning to remember to stay on her good side.

It was unfortunate that Karina seemed to pick up on her surprise, but she took it all in stride, which set Sofie at ease.

"Yes, it was a bit of a surprise," she admitted. "But a pleasant one."

Karina pulled out crimson powder with an ominous declaration of intent for revenge, but Sofie shook her head, even if she couldn't help but smile.

"Tempting. But I'll go easy on him this time," Sofie said, glancing toward the doorway. "I'm sure he had his reasons. Besides, I'm the one who'll have to deal with the fallout the whole ride back."

Her tone suggested that was half-joking, but in truth, it was a serious consideration. Having just managed to tentatively patch things over, she wasn't willing to risk tearing that all down.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 pm

"Well, I'm glad that it wasn't an inconvenience for you, amiga." Karina responded with a grin.

Giving Sofie a shrug, she put the jar back into the cabinet. "Sure. Reasons." Karina rolled her eyes as she opened the fridge and pulled out a pitcher of blue-green liquid.

"How do you feel about margaritas?" Without waiting for a response, she sat two glasses on the counter and poured them to the rim. Karina picked up one of them and took a long sip before topping it off again. Then, she put the pitcher back in the fridge.

"Going easy on him, huh?" She grinned over the edge of her glass. "He might not know what to do with that."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:26 pm

"Sure. Reasons." The way Karina rolled her eyes made Sofie wonder how much she was reading into those reasons. Or maybe she was the one reading into things too much.

Karina poured out margaritas, and Sofie accepted hers with a smile. "Margaritas sound lovely." She took a sip of the liquid, an eye-catching shade somewhere between blue and green, and pursed her lips. A mixture of sweet, sour, and salty - just the way she liked it.

Karina grinned at the idea of Sofie going easy on John, but Sofie shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll think of something," she mused as the sound of John's laughter drifted into the kitchen. Sofie stared out toward the doorway, listening to it for a moment, before realizing that the conversation had fallen into a lull.

"Do you need any help setting up?" she asked, taking another sip from her drink.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:14 pm

"No, I think I'm just about finished in here, amiga." Karina responded with a knowing smile.

Taking another sip of her margarita, she switched off the stovetop and turned the oven down to keep the contents warm. "How about we go see what the boys are up to? It's still a bit early to eat, and John mentioned something about business when he called yesterday. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

As they entered the den, the smell of cigar smoke wafted over them. John and Trevor sat on either side of a poker table, discussing a job that they'd finished several weeks ago, shop talk for the most part.

"So, aside from my excellent cooking, what brings you here today, John?" Karina asked as she reached for the cigar box on the table.

"Armored theft." John responded with a smile, expelling a puff of his own cigar. "You interested?"

"That's unexpected, coming from former FBI." Karina chuckled, selecting a cigar from the case and cutting the top off of it. "Sure, let's hear it."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Sofie turned up her nose at the stench of cigar smoke as she and Karina entered the den. Her most attuned sense was probably smell, and nothing about the smell in here was endearing. She was going to need to air these clothes out for a week, no doubt.

As they all sat down, Karina got to business - and another cigar. Really? Was Sofie the only one not indulging in this. Resisting the urge to sigh, she took a sip of her drink and turned her attention to John.

Armored theft? Sofie raised an eyebrow. That description didn't sound familiar. Unless he was referring to her idea to rob a bank in Tess' lower subconscious. Crossing her legs, Sofie looked to John and waited for his pitch to the others.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:30 am

"I'm assumin this is some 'ow related ta Tess?" Trevor mused as Karina sat beside him and he draped an arm over her shoulders.

"You'd be correct." John responded, sitting his cigar on the tray and tenting his hands beneath his chin. "Sofie has decided that we'd be best served to stage a full-on bank heist. I tend to agree with her, but there's one problem."

Trevor smiled as he took another drag of his cigar. "Ya can't control da projections in that kinda situation."

"Exactly." John's gaze drifted to Karina. "So, what we need is an inside man. Or, in your case, inside woman."

"I'm not sure I understand..." Karina frowned as she lit her cigar. "What exactly do you want me to do?"

[OOC: This would probably be a good time for Sofie to cut in with the realization that they're going to set Karina up as "the bad guy" and have her lead the projections.]
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 am

Ahh, so that's what he was going for. Sofie nodded to herself. Clever idea, really.

"We'll need you to head up the bank robbery and coordinate the projections on that level acting as your partners in crime," she explained. "Tess won't be expecting your involvement, so you should be able to slip into the role easily enough."

The more she talked about it, the more jealous she felt. It might be rather fun to lead up a bank robbery with her own loyal crew of thieves. No, no, too crude really. A jewel-smuggling ring would be much more appropriate for her. Diamonds, especially.

"Think you'd be up to handling it?" Sofie asked Karina, shaking off her daydream.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 pm

"I should have guessed that you were referring to a dream robbery." Karina grumbled, looking slightly put out. "But, I suppose that presents me with some different challanges than a normal heist."

She lit the end of her cigar and took a long drag, contemplating her answer. Sofie's challenging final statement brought a gleam to her eyes. "Oh, I've no doubt that I'd be up to it, amiga. Getting petty criminals to do my bidding has never been an issue before."

Trevor made a face and put a hand over his heart. "Be gentle, luv."

John chuckled from his seat as Karina smacked her husband in the stomach and turned back to Sofie with a grin. "I'm assuming this will require some level of preparation?"

"While John might have gotten my hopes up earlier, I'm not opposed to the idea of working in a dreamshare again. The last time was... Interesting."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 pm

The last time certainly was interesting in a lot of ways. Sofie glanced discreetly at John, hoping that wouldn't surface any feelings about had happened between them on that job.

It was good to see that Karina was up for the challenge, but it did seem fair to warn her.

"It will require preparation," she said, nodding. "And there won't be a lot of time for it either. You'll need to start right away with exploring the level and getting a feel for what you need to do."

The end of the year was almost here, and she wanted to be back home before the Christmas season was really in swing. Even though she wasn't a fan of Thanksgiving, she really did like Christmas and New Years. The former always had a quiet tranquility about it that she looked forward to, and New Years was the best time for lavish parties.

"I just hope two levels will be enough," she said, shaking off those thoughts. There would be time enough for that after the job. "It's not quite the stakes we're used to dealing with, but I try to make sure every job is done right."

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am

"Actually, I don't want to see the inside of the bank." Karina responded before taking another drag of her cigar. "If I was planning a heist, I would have blueprints, and I might walk through the lobby once or twice in the months leading up to the job. But I wouldn't generally have access to the inner layers of secuirty. Si?"

"And if your reactions are more authentic, the projections won't alienate you." John finished for her with a grin.

"Exactamente." Karina leaned back into her seat. "How quickly can you get me a physical copy of the blueprints?" She directed the question to Sofie.

"It's almost like you've done this before..." John cut in, snuffing out his cigar in the tray on the table.

"A lady doesn't talk about these things in the presence of former FBI agents." Karina quipped back, blowing a ring of smoke in John's direction.

"Probably for da best, luv." Trevor said, giving his wife's shoulder a squeeze. "Although, I fink John's got more ta worry bout on that end than eiver of us at this point, yeah?"

John coughed, looking away from the group. "Live and learn, right?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:33 pm

Sofie shrugged. "Fair enough." It was a legitimate decision, one she hadn't considered.

"We'll have to talk to our Architect," she said, glancing at John. Due to the nature of this job, she hadn't actually met with him yet, though she did recall him from one of their previous jobs. "I'm sure we can get it to you quickly though."

A timer went off in the kitchen, and Sofie craned her neck to look around. "I think the food is ready."

Honestly, she wasn't sure what to expect out of this meal. But if it meant getting out of this smoke den, she was all for it.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inception - DeCosta Job   Inception - DeCosta Job - Page 5 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Inception - DeCosta Job
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: IC Section-
Jump to: