Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Belobog

As Belobog had been street rat and as he was pretty much trained in darkness, he had confidence against mudo strain. No, Belobog was not going to make a stupid mistake of underestimation of his opponents' ability. Belobog quickly dive under stab the ground with his charged knife and disrupted the magic circle that was formed underneath him, which should release him from the numbing sense and without hesitation, he rolled himself out from the incoming attack from the two. With his opponents showing their backs, Belobog quickly fired his pistols at them, aiming to kill them.

Nadenka

Nadenka countered the coming attack from Kurik with her own kick, hoping to push the striker away from herself and give more time for others to run. Unfortunately, she could not avoid the strike
and weapon she had flew pretty far from both party.

Even though, she was pretty good with hand to hand combat, she knew that it would not be possible for her to beat Kurik without a weapon.

"Sorry, but it didn't work on me." Said Nadenka as she was not so sure what he did to her using his strain. Perhaps he missed? Whatever it was, she was hoping that this could buy others little more time before she make her own escape.

Luke Jaron

Luke rubbed his neck, "Uhmm, because, I think it would help me to improve?" Said Luke.  "And I really think you could teach me a lot of things!" Luke was all fired up and was excited to start training with Alex. "I want to fight as your equals so that I could do my part to protect people I cared about."

Luke was not so sure if he was making any sense, but Luke was sure that Alex could help him to improve and be more flexible in his way of fighting. He was sure that Alex who could use all different kinds of strain would help him to develop further so that he could protect others like how Aegis did its best to protect others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:38 am

Aegis

- Alex -

"I want to fight as your equals so that I could do my part to protect people I cared about."

Alex stared at Luke, then down at his hands. He’d forgotten that somehow, somewhere along the way. Even if it was meant for evil, for the Leviathan’s agenda, they had used their strains for good. Their magic had saved Kaddath and brought about a new era of peace.

Maybe there would be a day when they no longer needed magic to make the world safe. But that day wasn’t here yet, and they couldn’t become complacent. If they didn’t do something now, who would?

“You really are just like...” Alex murmured, shaking his head. “All right. I’ll do my best to help you.”

He took a fighting stance without a weapon, no longer needing anything like that when he had the Universal Strain to work with. “What strain can you use?” he asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------

- Rise -

Not surprisingly, Alina made quick work of her attack with a Bufula spell and returned the favor with a wave of icicles.

“Maragi!” Rise countered, striking down the five icicles with a five fireballs of her own.

No sooner had she done so than Alina dashed past her and thrust her rapier. Rise brought up her fans to catch the blade and slide it aside before lashing out with a kick.

Caltha - Tunnels

- Ariana -

He wouldn’t let them go.

Even as Ehlana took her hand and pulled her down the tunnel, Ariana felt a creeping dread sink in. None of the three of them were a match for him. It was just a matter of time before he hunted them all down and-

Farrington’s face flashed before her eyes, the light going out of his eyes as he the poison ravaged his body.

No. No no no no NO. She didn’t want to die.

Why was this happening? She was supposed to be marching into the palace right now and taking her place on the throne, taking back her father’s kingdom. So why had everything gone so wrong?

Something unfamiliar burned in her eyes. Not tears. It couldn’t be that. The High Lady Adalia of Kaddath couldn’t cry like a little girl.

But right now, she didn’t feel like High Lady of Kaddath. All she felt like was a little girl.

Caltha - Prison

- Alexei -

Belo escaped the Mudo spell, firing an attack on their backs. Alexei deflected the attack while Raidon dove to the ground, flinging stunners at Belo’s legs.

Following up on the opening, Alexei rushed in a delivered a flurry of strikes with his batons. Belo was the better far-range fighter, but he couldn’t match Alexei at close range.

“You don’t have to do this, Belo,” Alexei said. “Arusia - no, Maxim - turned on me the moment it suited him. You don’t think you’re expendable too? Come with us. We can start new life here.”

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:59 am

Aegis

- Lenka -

"Too much energy," Lenka muttered when Lisa approached. "That has to be a first…"

She turned to Lisa and watched her dispose of her cup.

"Fine," she said. "I suppose I'd much rather have control. What do I do?"

Why was this so difficult? It looked so easy when Alina and Rise were doing it. Truth was, it scared her a little bit, all this raw power and no way to control it... if she wasn't careful, someone could get seriously hurt.

-------------------------

Caltha

- Ehlana -

Ehlana kept pulling Ariana along, but it didn't even feel like the girl made an effort to run. Right now she was just dead weight.

Stopping short, Ehlana turned to face Ariana.

"Look here girl, if you want to survive…" in the dim light, she noticed the girl's expression.

"Are you crying?" she asked surprised. She didn't even know Ariana could display that emotion. Actually it looked more like she was trying to hold back tears.

Ehlana sighed. Of all the things, she wasn't a babysitter, but their lives depended on them getting out of here quickly.

"Look, I'm sorry you're in the middle of all this, but can we save the mental breakdown until we're safe and focus on running for now?"

There was a sound not too far off. That could only mean someone was chasing after them. Kurik.

- Kurik -

The spell to confuse her didn't seem to have worked. Kurik adapted quickly and cast another spell.

"Tarukaja."

Nadenka was clearly expecting a hand-to-hand combat situation. Her eyes were determined. Well, too bad for her, because it would just take too much time and every second he wasted here, Ariana and Ehlana were getting farther and farther away.

"Shibaboo."

Chains of energy shot out from the ground and bound Nadenka's limbs. Kurik stepped up to her. "This was foolish of you." He took his baton and struck Nadenka's head. If she was unconscious and couldn't fight the chains, the spell would last longer.

Without giving her a second look, he took off after the other two women.

It didn't take Kurik long to catch up to them. He skidded around a corner, not even looking very much out of breath.

Ehlana and Ariana had stopped for some reason. That was a crucial mistake.

Ehlana immediately stepped in front of Ariana when she heard Kurik approach. "You need to run," she told the other girl.

This was the worst scenario for her. She felt weak and she had no weapon and with the things Kurik could do, she didn't really stand a chance.

"C'mon, Ehlana. Is this really what it has come to?" Kurik asked.

"Maxim tried to kill me," Ehlana hissed back. "I take that very personally."

Kurik shrugged. "Understandable. But why don't you take this chance to get back into his good graces and hand over the girl?"

Ehlana looked surprised. "I'll throw in a good word for you," Kurik continued. "It means you could go back home. That's what you want, right? Could you imagine, being stranded in Kaddath, or worse, be prisoner for the rest of your life?"

Kurik gave a slight pause, studying Ehlana's expression. There was definitely some conflict there. "I know home and family mean a lot to you. Maybe when they hear what you did they will finally accept you for who you are…"

Ehlana had taken a few tentative steps towards Kurik. He was right, that was exactly what she wanted. Only how did he find out? It wasn't something she'd ever told anyone.

"If I do this," she began, her voice trembling. "You can make sure, I can come home?" She took another step forward and extended her hand.

Kurik nodded and shook her hand.

Then things happened very fast. With a jerk, Ehlana pulled Kurik towards herself and twisted his hand. There was a loud crack when his hand broke. It would be much harder for him to conjure anything with a broken hand.

"Thanks, but no thanks," she hissed in his ear. "It's time someone starts showing some integrity."

She punched him in the face and followed with a kick in the stomach, putting some distance between them. Ehlana was already panting, even if she had won a slight advantage, it wouldn't last long.

Kurik was definitely angry. The Tarukaja spell protected him from the worst of the pain, but the effect was still the same. It would be difficult to conjure or hold a weapons with a broken hand. Slowly he got to his feet. He could feel blood in his mouth from where Ehlana clocked him.

"Remember that this is your fault. I offered you a way out." He pushed through the pain and cast a spell.

"Enervate."

Ehlana could feel the effects immediately, feeling even weaker. When Kurik rushed back over, she didn't even have time to react. The baton struck her in the stomach and she crushed back into the wall. Trying to get back up, she felt Kurik's left hand around her throat like a vice, cutting off her air.

"You should have just given in."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

"You might want to go back to lifting weights for a bit." Lisa gave Marcus a pat on the shoulder as she stepped past him. "Not much you can do here."

She waited for him to nod and walk away before tuning back to Lenka. "Well, we know what you can do when you let loose." Lisa grinned. "How about we see what a more reserved attack looks like."

"Aim at the target to the left of the ones you just decimated, nice shot by the way, and focus in on just the center point of the torso. There's a little red X there. Can you see it?"

"Think about how big of a blast your first strike was and how it felt to have the power course through you. I'd say close your eyes for this part, but I'd much rather you actually aim."
Lisa continued with a smirk. "Less dangerous for the rest of us that way."

"Now, this time, I want you to fire a blast that's only big enough to cut out that X. Essentially, release the spell before it's completely ready."

"I'm not expecting you to get it right the first time, but before I can teach you anything else, you need to know how to increase or decrease the energy flow."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

Shaking his head at his thoughts, Marcus made his way across the gym. Lisa was right. There was nothing he could really do to help Lenka with her power. It was too different from his own, and he didn't even have proper control of it sometimes. Maybe it was about time for him to fix that...

He paused at the edge of the weights to watch Alina and Rise fling fire and ice at eachother. What would it feel like to let loose like that? To just throw his power around without holding back?

The image of a flailing Redcape flashed before his eyes, caught in his iron grip. This time, it wasn't just a brief image though. He was there, seeing it through his own eyes.

Had he really done that?

- Alina -

Through a cloud of steam, Alina lunged forward. Rise easily turned aside the attack, but that wasn't unexpected. Neither was the kick that followed, which Alina raised a knee to intercept before bringing the hilt of her rapier down towards it, intending to bash Rise's ankle between steel and bone. It wouldn't cause any permanent damage, but it would definitely slow the other woman down a bit if it connected.

"I see that your life as a performer has contributed to your dance moves." Alina chuckled as she took a half-step back and shifted back into an attacking stance.

Caltha

Now that he had the room to himself, Keynes glanced at the monitors. There were practically no pockets of guards left fighting, but he did catch a brief glimpse of Raidon and two other men throwing down.

A moment later, an unexpected face appeared on the screen. Ariana Adalia. Not just that, but it appeared like Ehlana was with her. Well, he couldn't have his captive escaping, now could he? Pulling the wires out of a nearby device, he tested his comm again.

"Lambda." No response.

He smashed the next nearest device with his spear.

"Lambda." This time, he got a muffled response.

"Lambda, I'm dismantling the disruptors." He smashed another of them, and some of the amount of static on the channel lessened. "There are a couple women of interest on the third sub-floor level, fighting with a man. Once you can lock onto their heat signatures, I want you to transport them to Ergo. Put them straight into specimen containment and inform Kokonoe of their presence."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Belobog

Belo quickly evaded incoming stunner, but it left him open for Alexei's attack. Besides, as Alexei was better in close combat, Belo took quite a beating even though he did his best to defend.

"You think I don't know that? What happened to you? You were the one who taught me orders must come first!"

Said Belobog in frustration, "As long as Maxim is doing his best for Arusian's sake, I will be his pawn. What's got into you? Everything he has done so far, he did it for Arusians!" Quickly, Belobog took his opportunity and went for the cover so that he could get further away from the two. But, this led the way to the sewer opened and unguarded.

Belobog just realized his mistake, perhaps Alexei word did convince Belo? Belobog was not so sure what he did. "Get the proof that he is not doing this for Arusia, then I will believe you. But, if he is doing this for Arusia, what are you going to do, Alexei?" Belobog tossed the question to his former comrades, showing no sign of firing his weapon at both. It was clear that he was going to let them go.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Nadenka

Kurik's hit her hard, however, she did not faint for too long. Well, what she did was faking her fainting. Nadenka quickly struggled to get herself free, and when she got her hands out she cast "Posumundi" to get herself out from physical hindrance caused by Kurik's strain.

She quickly moved to where Kurik might have headed, Nadenka hoped she's not too late to help them out.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Luke

"I can use Kaja strain." Luke answered, getting himself ready with his stance as well. "So, how are you exactly going to train me?" Luke eyes were beaming with curiosity and with excitement as if he was about to receive Christmas present from Santa. "Whatever it is, please don't hold back so I give my best as well!" Said Luke with eagerness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:34 pm

Aegis

- Rise -

Rise twisted her leg and cartwheeled out of reach to avoid the hilt of Alina's rapier.

"I see that your life as a performer has contributed to your dance moves." Alina chuckled, shifting into attack stance.

"And it's nice to see that life on a throne hasn't dulled your moves," Rise replied with a wink. "Agilao!"

Rise sent a wave of fire surging across the floor a spear, quick as lightning.

- Alex -

Alex took a deep breath and nodded. Luke looked so excited, but he wasn't going to give him anything worth being excited about.

"I'm going to throw everything I have at you," he said. "And you're going to need to use every spell you've got to get past it all. If you can land a hit on me, you pass."

Alex held up both hands, magic circles instantly springing into existence. "Maragi! Mabufu!"

From his left magic circle sprang five ice crystals, and from the right five fire balls. All ten projectiles homed in on Luke, but before the could even reach him, Alex pivoted and threw out two more spells.

"Magaru! Mazio!" he conjured, sending five lightning bolts streaming up high and casting the wind spheres low.

Caltha

- Maxim -

Keynes' transmission had just finished, and a confirmation had come in from Lambda, when footsteps sounded behind him.

"I can't say I'm surprised," Maxim mused, shaking his head. "Since our first encounter, I had a feeling you'd be a thorn in my side."

His Old Guard soldiers waited for his orders, but instead, he raised his arm and aimed the dart shooter on his wrist.

"I have enough hostages at the moment." He cocked his head, regarding Keynes. "I suppose I don't really need you, do I?"

- Ehlana -

Ariana looked up at Ehlana, clenched her jaw, and nodded. Yes, she had to be strong now.

There was a sound approaching. It was too much to hope that it was the medic and not Kurik. Sure enough, he rounded the corner and approached them.

"You need to run," Ehlana told her.

"But..." Ariana backed away, eyes flickering between the two. Swallowing, she nodded and started to run.

Then she heard the first punch.

Ariana skidded to a halt and looked around. Ehlana got in the first few strikes, but it was obvious she was far from her prime. Kurik managed to turn the tables and beat Ehlana back against the wall, where he began to choke her out.

"Stop..." Ariana murmured, her eyes wide.

Before her mind flashed images of Farrington, grasping his neck, dying out on the ground.

"Stop!"

Ariana began to run toward Kurik, her ornate hat and cape flying off to land discarded in the tunnel. As she neared the two of them, Ariana swiped her hand toward Kurik and screamed.

"Bufula!"

A torrent of ice swept from the magic circle, catching Kurik up and pinning him to the ceiling in a casing of ice. Ariana cried out, expelling all her energy into the attack before collapsing to he knees.

Nadenka rounded the corner, looking ruffed up but generally healthy. Ariana looked up, relieved, before checking on the coughing Ehlana.

"Are you-" she began, just as something materialized in the middle of the hallway. Ariana stared up at it, mouth wide open. A mobile doll?

"Come with me, all of you," she said, casting her Traesto spell again. Before Ariana could protest or even ask who this was, she and the other two women were swept up in the spell and vanished.

After a moment, they materialized in the middle of a lab. Ariana fell to her knees, dizzy and disoriented. They seemed to be in some kind of containment cell, but where...

"Well, well."

Ariana looked up to see an attractive older woman in a lab coat staring down at them through the glass. That was... Kokonoe Velda, Kaddath's genius researcher.

"This ought to be a good story," Kokonoe mused, folding her arms.

- Alexei -

"You were the one who taught me orders must come first!"

Alexei hesitated. Belo was right; he had been the one to say that, to always disregard any personal thought and follow through on whatever he was told.

It was an easy way to live. But it wasn't a good one.

"Is he doing things for Arusia?" Alexei asked as Belo created distance between them. "I'm not so sure."

Belo's movement left the sewer opened and unguarded, and the three in the hallway realized it.

"Get the proof that he is not doing this for Arusia, then I will believe you. But, if he is doing this for Arusia, what are you going to do, Alexei?" Belobog asked.

"I still believe in a world where Kaddath and Arusia can exist," Alexei told him. "If there's still a chance for that, I'll find it."

Raidon, with a wary look at Belo, jumped through the passage first. Alexei gave one last look at Belo, then followed after him.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Kokonoe’s lab

- Ehlana -

Ehlana’s vision began to fade when suddenly Ariana’s voice rang through and Kurik was blasted away.

She sank to the ground, gasping for air. Then something unexpected happened: Lambda appeared before them.

The doll cast her Traesto spell and Ehlana felt like she was ripped apart. The containment room materialized around them. The bright lights assaulted her eyes and she squeezed them shut.

She felt dizzy, nauseous really and slowly sat up. Her mind was barely able to register Kokonoe and the others.

During her training she had heard about the Traesto spell, but to experience it was a whole other thing. She clearly wasn’t meant to travel like this and especially not in her condition.

———————————————————

Caltha

- Kurik -

What seemed like certain victory, suddenly fell through his fingers. Ehlana was as good as unconscious when suddenly a Bufula spell hit him from the side.

Where had Ariana found the courage and the strength?

With too little time to even brace himself or react, he touched his com.

“Maxim, I couldn’t...” the transmission broke off when he found himself encased in ice, immobilized him on the ceiling.

He strained against the ice. For a while he was still protected by his spell, but once that wore off, the cold would take its toll.

———————————————————

Aegis

- Lenka -

“You think I was trying to create such a big explosion?” Lenka asked when Lisa instructed her to fire a smaller blast.

With a sigh, she turned back towards the targets. Once she conjured her magic circle, a motion that was surprisingly easy, she could already feel the power coursing through her.

Lenka focused on the small X on the target and then released her spell, determined to only let out a fraction of power.

“Zio.”

Instead, another large shockwave erupted, decimating another target and leaving only scorch marks.

A few more waves of static emanated from her feet.

She buried her face in her hands. “And here I thought doing the same thing would give me a different result,” she said, sounding a bit resigned.

- James -

James had walked in the training’s hall more or less unnoticed and just in time to see Lenka’s second attempt.

“How is it going?” he asked, seeing that Lenka didn’t quite look as upbeat as he’d hoped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 am

Aegis

- Alina -

Smirking, Alina leapt backwards as Rise prepared her next spell. "Bufudyne."

Frigid air dropped into the flames from above, actually freezing them in place, to create a flame-like coating of ice on the ground.

"Your tactics could use some work though. You've gotten predictable."

"Mabufula."

From every side of Rise, pillars of ice errupted from the ground, closing in around her like a cage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

Lisa sighed and rolled her eyes. "Did I, or did I not just say that I didn't expect you to get it right the first time?"

Had she ever been this dramatic? Yeah. Probably. It sorta came with the territory.

"Besides, that was a different result." She injected as much enthusiasm into her tone as possible. "You only decimated one target that time. So, I'd say that was only a fraction of the original power, which is a drastic improvement."

When James spoke up, she shot him a look that silently asked for whatever help he could give her. Lisa was good with people, but she still wasn't familiar with Lenka yet. Maybe her bother would have some useful words of wisdom.

Caltha

- Keynes -

"Trust me. The feeling was mutual." Keynes responded to Maxim with a wolfish grin. "I guess we were both right on that count."

His eyes traveled briefly to the device on Maxim's wrist, and still grinning, Keynes pulled up his sleeve to reveal a device of similar design. "Great minds think alike, huh?"

"Unfortunately."
Keynes lowered his arm back to his side. "Mine's empty. So, you could shoot me, sure."

"But how convinced are you that I'm disposable? Maybe I know something important? I could be harboring a wealth of knowledge. Things you might need to know if you want this hostile takeover of yours to succeed."

"For example, the location of former High General Alina Grey?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:40 am

Aegis
Luke

Luke saw the seriousness in Alex' eyes; it was clear what he had signed up for, a serious big challenge. A mountain to climb, and it was going to be tough one to climb.

As Alex cast his spell to throw off, Luke quickly released his overlimit, "Strain-Overdrive! Sukukaja!" He quickly used his speed to dodge incoming spells, "Makarakarn!" Luke said it quickly as he saw another incoming spells, As Luke quickly break away from the shield he had formed, he shouted serials of spells. "Makakaja! Sukukaja!" All himself to empower his Kaja strain so that he could move much faster.

Luke quickly leaped towards Alex to hit him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Kokonoe’s lab

Nadenka

Nadenka was shocked and she quickly realized where they were, and the effect of dizziness with Megido spell did not last long either.

Then, at the same time, it made her upset. "Wait! You need to send me back!" Said Nadenka, banging the container, "Alexei and I made a promise to see each other at the end of the tunnel, send me back!"

She was not so sure how Alexei would respond to this. If she and others are not there, it might even lead to misunderstanding. "If you can't, contact Samael Raidon! He should be with Alexei, let them know we are here."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Belobog

Belobog was not so sure, and he was not even sure what he did was right. He knew from the beginning he was going to be a pawn for his country, but what is this uneasy feeling?

He was lost... Belobog bite his lips, frustrated.

He radioed, "Target lost. Unforeseen hindrance came between me and the target." He sighed after that, and was not so sure how he was going to face Maxim now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 am

Aegis

- Rise -

Rise smirked right back and cast a Maragion spell, blasting the ice pillars back with a ring of fire.

"Maybe you've just gotten overconfident. Fire Amp!"

She cast the fire boosting spell at her currently frozen flames, which blasted through the ice and surged full-force at Alina.

- Alex -

In spite of his misgivings, Alex found himself smiling at Luke's quick spellwork. It wasn't just skill but ingenuity as well.

Thanks to his exceptional boost in speed, Luke was almost a blur as he appear before Alex for the strike. However, the next moment he was swinging through empty air.

A few paces behind him, Alex reappeared, thanks to the Trafuri spell.

"Using Makakaja to boost your Sukukaja," he said, clapping his hands. "That was inspired."

He lowered his hands, his expression growing more serious. With a swipe of his hand, he cast a whole swath of buffing spells on himself.

"Makakaja, Sukukaja, Rukakaja, Tarukaja," he said, bathed in the blue, green, purple, and red auras of the spells. "Now, let's see if I can land a hit on you."

In an instant, he stepped right inside Luke's personal space and threw a jab, hook, and side kick in quick succession.

Ergo Research Lab

- Kokonoe -

Kokonoe glanced at Lambda, who had reappeared outside the containment cell, then back at the unexpected visitors - particularly Ehlana.

"Did they get tired of hosting you over there?" she asked, folding her arms. "Or did you just miss our hospitality?" She sighed and adjusted her glasses. "Either that, or someone just really hates me."

Suddenly, the other woman burst out, demanding to be sent back. "Alexei and I made a promise to see each other at the end of the tunnel, send me back!"

Kokonoe cocked her head and raised an eyebrow. Talk about presumptuous. "I'm sorry, who are you exactly? And who is Alexei for that matter?"

In the woman's fit of anxiety, she moved to reveal a third, smaller person previously unseen. Kokonoe glanced at her, then back at Nadenka.

Then back at the girl.

"Wait," she murmured, eyes widening. "You're... that can't be."

The woman continued rattling on, this time mentioning a name she did recognize. "If you can't, contact Samael Raidon! He should be with Alexei, let them know we are here."

Raidon? What in the world was going on? She glanced at Ariana Adalia and pressed her lips together. Yeah, she was definitely going to need to give someone a call and figure this all out.

"I don't know if that will be possible," Lambda said. "Something was jamming with my signals at the palace. Unless they get far enough away, the signal will likely be jammed."

Jamming? Now, she really didn't understand. But if she couldn't reach Caltha, there was only one thing to do.

"Call Alina Grey," she told Lambda. "She'll want to know this development."

Caltha

- Alexei -

Alexei and Raidon raced down the tunnel, hoping to catch up to the three women. However, they caught sight of something bizarre and stopped short.

"Kurik?" Alexei murmured, staring up at the other man pinned to the ceiling by ice. He instinctively moved to help, but hesitated. Who would have done this?

"Where are the women?" he asked.

Raidon, who was glancing up the tunnel, motioned to him. "If they're not here, they must be further up. We can't afford to waste time."

Alexei gritted his teeth but nodded. "Belo is near. He should be able to help you," he told Kurik before following after Raidon.

Caltha

- Maxim -

"Unfortunately for you, Alina Grey is no longer of any interest to me," Maxim said, eyeing Keynes. After a moment, however, he too lowered his arm. "However, and fortunately for you, I also have no interest in killing either, if it can be avoided."

He nodded to his men, who rushed in and restrained Keynes. "The fact is, after your overthrow of the previous government, I can hardly trust you or any of your associates not to attempt another such coup. Perhaps, however, you all might still have some use in the transitioning of power. I suppose time will tell."

Just then, his com received a call. He paused to answer it, and a shot of ice went through his veins at the sound of Kurik's weak voice. "Kurik?"

There was no response. He bit his lip, wondering what best to do, when Belo's message came in.

"Find Kurik," he said, "And bring him back to me. The rest can be dealt with later."

He motioned to the guards, half of whom came with him while the others set about repairing the jamming equipment. They traveled together to the Grand Council chamber, where the other hostages were bound up to the pillars. Jax and The Commanders were still unconscious, but Serena sat stone-like and stared out across the room.

"Put him with the others," Maxim ordered. "But see that they don't conspire. You can do that much, can't you, Durmail?"

Minister Durmail shifted uncomfortably and moved closer to the hostages to keep an eye on them, very deliberately avoiding Keynes' gaze.

"Belo, did you find him?" he asked, calling the agent's com.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Ergo Research Lab

- Ehlana -

Ehlana waited a few more seconds for the dizziness to subside and then she slowly stood up. Her legs felt weak, but she tried not to show it.

She walked up to the glass where Kokonoe was and crossed her arms.

"No, in the other place I at least had a bed. However, hospitality in both places sucks. Then again, here at least I did get something to eat…" she grumbled.

Her words were drowned out by Nadenka demanding to be brought back to the tunnel. Hopefully she would calm down eventually. Ehlana didn't feel comfortable being stuck in a glass box with a woman freaking out, especially if she was a magic user.

"Your government was overthrown. They could all be dead by now," Ehlana continued calmly. "The jammers ensure that you can't communicate with anyone at the palace."

"Minister Durmail sided with the Old Guard. The whole meeting with the Grand Council was a giant trap...not only for your government, but also for the Old Guard. I doubt anyone ist smart enough to get out of there."

Ehlana exhaled and turned around, her back towards the glass. She slid down and hugged her knees. Great, more waiting around.

-----------------------------------

Aegis

- Lenka & James -

"Actually, I think that was even more power," James disagreed with Lisa's assessment, his eyes drifting from the damage to Lenka.

He caught Lisa's helpless look and sighed. Well this wouldn't be pretty.

"Maybe this is too much for you, Lenka," he suggested, his voice careful. "You're not used to this much exercise. All this could be a bit too much to handle."

"TOO MUCH FOR ME??" Lenka exploded. More energy coursed through her and the tips of her hair began to crackle with electricity. "Are you kidding me, James?"

"Can't you trust me to do anything? I finally have a chance to be useful," Lenka continued, sounding accusatory. "To not sit at the sidelines and to help my friends."

"You NEVER let me do ANYTHING. I HATE being babied. I'm old enough to make my own DECISIONS! Get that into your head!"

She was now so angry, tears began to collect in her eyes. Her hands balled into fists and slammed the wall. There was a loud explosion as a massive amount of energy was released into the wall.

At the origin point, the wall actually cracked and was left with black scorch marks all around it. Luckily the training hall had been insulated to account for training with magic spells.

For a few moments only Lenka's heavy breathing could be heard. Suddenly she felt James' hand on her shoulder. She looked up through the disarray of her blonde hair.

"What?" she asked.

"I'm sorry I made you angry," James said quietly. "It's probably better I let you two get back to training."

He pulled his hand back and threw Lisa another glance. Hopefully this helped. His hand still tingled.

Lenka took a second to collect herself and then turned back to Lisa. She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry you had to see that. Let's get back to training. There's still a few targets left."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:09 pm

Aegis

- Alina -

"I suppose we'll see." Alina smirked as the fire closed in on her.

"Bufula."

A pillar of ice rose from the ground where Alina had been standing, seemingly separating the waves of fire so that they would pass around either side, but when it shattered, Alina was nowhere to be seen.

"You're open!" She yelled as she lunged at Rise from above, where the ice pillar had catapulted her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

Interesting... Maybe James had been listening to her ramblings during the reverse psychology portion of her classes after all. Go figure. Lisa had assumed that he'd just zoned out while she talked.

Giving James a slight nod, she turned her attention back to Lenka, who was beginning to get her bearings back.

"Do you feel better now?" Lisa asked with a raised eyebrow. "There are still a few more walls you can smack, if you'd like." She grinned and waved towards the targets.

"Or, maybe you can focus some of that aggression towards productivity."

How far was it safe to push Lenka? Lisa wasn't sure yet, but given her response to James, maybe a bit of negative reinforcement might not hurt. That wasn't ideal though. Positive thoughts tend to stick better. "This time, I want you to hold onto the charge before you let the blast go. Let it build within you before you release it."

"I think it will be good for you to see the difference between what you intend to do and what you're capable of."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 am

Nadenka

Nadenka quickly found herself calm. She was definitely worried about Alexei having wrong idea, but then she was powerless to do anything while she was in container.

She sighed, and then she looked at Ehlana and Ariana. "Thank you for saving us back there, you are one brave girl." Her words were directed at Ariana, "And thank you for keeping it calm, I see why Alexei had high respect for you." Said Nadenka, towards Ehlana.

"I think we did not introduce each other properly. So, I go first. My name is Nadenka Orlov, I am a doctor and I went to Caltha to rescue Alexei's comrade." She poked Ehlana, "Your turn? I know it wasn't a perfect rescue, but you could let me know your name?" She asked Ehlana, not push, but in hopeful manner.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Belobog

"What? Roger that, I will search for him right away!"

Did Kurik go after the target, too? That was bad, Belobog had let two enemies went through. There was no guarantee what they would do to Kurik.

Belobog quickly rushed towards the tunnel, doing his best to remember what he had saw about the sewer. Fortunately, he was able to find Kurik. Belobog got Kurik out from the ice that glued him to the wall. He quickly checked Kurik's heartbeat, he was alive. Belobog picked him up and carried out.

"Hold on tight, Kurik. I will get you out of here and you will be better soon." Said Belobog.

________________________________________________________________________________

Luke

As Luke was tossed to the sky, Luke did not wasted his time and quickly cast "Makakaja! Tarukaja!" And as he was martial artist by nature and with his enhanced speed, he landed without troubles.

Alex quickly came to him throwing jab, Luke protected himself by pushing the jab to the side and using he quickly side stepped the incoming hook. Side Kick, however, Luke let it connect, it was very much painful, but it wasn't a pain that he could not withstand due to his own enhanced Tarukaja. He quickly tried to grabbed the leg and he was going to lend a punch to Alex's torso.

If it hits Alex, he successfully accomplished his training. If not, well, he probably need to find another way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Caltha

- Kurik -

Only a few moments passed until Alexei and Raidon came through the tunnel. They only paused for a second before moving on. He couldn't quite decipher what they were talking about, but he was certain they were looking for Ariana.

The Tarukaja spell wore off and Kurik felt the cold rush through him. His muscles began to shiver, but an even worse effect of being encased in ice was the lack of oxygen. Even though he had slowed his breathing as much as possible, he was beginning to feel light headed.

Just as we was about to pass out, Belo came running into the tunnel and made quick work of the ice. Half-conscious he allowed the other man to carry him out the tunnel.

"Thank you for coming to save me," he said once they were back inside the palace. His lips still looked a little blue, but he insisted on standing on his own two feet. Moving around would help warm his body back up.

"We need to get back to Maxim," he added and still leaning on Belo, they made their way to the control room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Aegis

- Alex -

He was definitely good. Luke pushed his jab aside, then quickly side-stepped his hook. The side kick landed, but Luke used the opportunity to grab his leg and thow a punch of his own.

"Shibaboo."

Chains of energy shot from the ground and bound all of Luke's limbs in place, his fist just inches from Alex. Alex broke away, then cast another spell.

"Dekaja."

All of Luke's enhancements broke, leaving him weakened.

"Makajam."

A flash of light, and Luke's magic gene silenced itself temporarily. Alex strolled up to him and raised his hand. Then, with a grin, he flicked Luke on the forehead.

"Not bad," he said. "But your training's far from over, apprentice."

- Rise -

Alina's Bufula spell once more countered her flames, but before Rise could decide on her next move, Lenka began to scream from the other side of the room, followed by a large explosion. Rise turned and gawked at the commotion before realizing she had her own problem to deal with.

"You're open!"

Rise looked up, just as Alina descended from above. She brought her fans up to block the rapier swat to her head, but that left her stomach open, allowing Alina to kick out as she dropped by. Rise flew back and skidded across the ground, winded and dazed.

"Ugh, no fair," she groaned. "Lenka totally distracted me."

As she sat up, Alina's com began to chirp. Looks like the battle would have to wait.

"Who is it?" she asked, just as Kokonoe's voice burst through the speaker.

Ergo Research

- Kokonoe -

As soon as Alina answered the com, looking a bit winded, Kokonoe frowned.

"Drop everything," she barked. "We have a situation going on."

She flashed a shot of the three captives in the holding cell, then turned her com back to herself.

"I think it's better if you hear this yourselves. I'm sending Lambda to your location."

She nodded to the mobile doll, who returned her nod and vanished in a flash of light.

"We'll have guests arriving shortly," Kokonoe told the three women, her gaze particularly on Ehlana. "I'm glad it seems you'll be a little more loose-lipped this time around. Try not to leave any details out."

Caltha - Grand Council Chamber

- Maxim -

Maxim tapped his nails on the High General's chair, staring into space as he awaited Kurik's return. After what seemed like ages, Kurik staggered in with Belo behind.

"Kurik!"

Maxim rushed over to him and checked him over quickly. Nothing critical, fortunately.

"Belo, watch over things here," he ordered the agent. "I'll be back soon."

Maxim lead Kurik out of the council chamber and into the High General's office, helping the other man into the chair behind the desk.

"Are you all right?" he asked, holding onto Kurik's hand. "Is there anything I can do?"

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Aegis
- Lenka -

Lenka took another deep breath after Lisa's question. To her surprise she did feel better. As if the storm inside her had calmed down.

"Acutally, I do feel better," Lenka admitted. "I'm not normally that agressive. It's just...James...ugh.." She broke off and shook her head.

She turned to face the targets again. Closing her eyes, she tried to focus on the strength within her. It felt more like a smooth stream now, not like a raging river. Mentally, she tapped into it, drawing a little from it.

Opening her eyes, she locked on the target.

"Zio," she called out and released the spell. The lightning bolt shot forth and hit the target. There was still much more force behind it than from a usual Zio spell, but at least this time the target stayed intact. Lenka could feel that the surge wanted to continue, that it tried to burst out. She took a deep breath and closed her hands, breaking off the connection. This time no static emerged from her feet and her hair stayed down.

Lenka looked at the target for a few seconds, trying to realise what she had just done.

"Oh did you see that?" she asked, bouncing up and down with a grin. "The target is still standing."

Aegis
- James -

James leaned against the wall outside the trainings room, listening to what was going on inside. He still didn't know if he really liked that Lenka was actively training with her strain. He didn't even know how he felt that her strain awoke. He had to admit, she did look better, more healthy.

How was he going to break that to their parents?

The training inside stopped and he turned to check what was going on. It seemed Kokonoe had called and judging from her expression it was important.

James grabbed his laptop. "Training is over," he said, calling Marcus over as well as gesturing towards Lisa and Lenka. "This sounds important."

Ergo Research Lab
- Ehlana -

Ehlana looked up when Nadenka adressed her. When the other woman poked her, she quickly caught her finger and pulled her hand back without hurting Nadenka. "I really don't care what your name is," Ehlana replied and stood up. "I don't know what Alexei sees in you."

"I didn't ask to be rescued and if Alexei didn't tell you who I am, why should I?"

She crossed her arms and took a step back. She felt weak, her body needed rest to heal and to recover. She'd been through too many fights lately without re-supplying her body with energy and it slowly was winding her down.

Ehlana caught Kokonoe's gaze and then shifted away from it. "Not my cup of tea," she replied and shrugged. "I was locked in a prison cell while all this was happening, so I'm not the person you should ask about details."

Caltha
- Kurik -

Kurik sat down with a sigh in the High General's office.

He still felt a few chills, but it was getting better. Unfortunately, now his hand began to warm up and the pain started.

"I'm okay," he replied to Maxim and squeezed his hand. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop them. Ariana surprised me. It was like she tapped into some previously unknown power."

"I'm gonna call Lorrin, he had a medic on his squad that has a dia strain," he continued and proceeded to make the call. "Ehlana broke my hand." Kurik shook his head, but couldn't hide a slight smile. "She was well trained."

His eyes wandered over to Maxim. "Did you know she survived and that she would be here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

"Yes, the target is still standing." Lisa chuckled, shaking her head. "Although it should be restated that I did tell you to obliterate it this time."

"Maybe you just march to the beat of your own drum."
She continued with a grin. "I'd offer you a high-five, but I'm not sure I trust you not to zap me just yet."

Marcus, who had been called over by James during the middle of this conversation, offered Lenka a high five instead. If it shocked him, Lisa couldn't see it on his face, and his hair didn't seem to stand up. So, maybe she really did have things under control now.

"Let's go see what's up." She nodded to the conversation taking place on the other side of the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

"I'm not sure why a high five was in order." Marcus said as Lisa and James moved towards the others. "But I assume it has something to do with your magic?"

After the ear-splitting crash earlier, which had caused him to drop a barbell on his toe, Marcus had tried not to pay any attention to Lenka's training. It was probably better if he didn't know exactly what she was capable of.

- Alina -

Alina frowned at her comm as Kokonoe came into view, a look that was only more firmly defined by the news the woman delivered. Knowing Kokonoe, a "situation" couldn't be a good thing, and the brief flash of three women (especially one young woman in particular), had Alina's mind running in all sorts of directions.

"We'll talk in a few minutes." She responded before turning off the comm.

"Everyone grab your gear!" Alina said, wiping the sweat from her brow with the back of her sleeve. "We're headed back to Ergo, and we're taking the express route."

A moment later, Lambda appeared next to her. Alina acknowledged the mobile doll with a nod. "We'll leave as soon as everyone has grabbed what they need. Five minutes, people!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:13 am

Aegis
Luke

Luke sighed, then he smiled at Alex, "Thank you for your training, and please continue to train me." Said Luke, excited.

Luke started become creative with his strain, and it was a good training to put his mind at ease as well. Then suddenly Alina called out to everyone to grab their gear.

Luke got himself up, and looked at Alex, "You are coming as well, right?" Luke asked, hoping Alex would tag along.

Nadenka

Nadenka was not impressed how Ehlana responded to her. She wanted to make the mood little lighter so that child could take in, but the other woman was not helping. Perhaps this woman has her own issue to deal with.

"I was trying to be nice, I am so sorry if I sound offensive, Ehlana." Said Nadenka; giving away that Nadenka actually knew Ehlana's name.

Nadenka sighed looked at the girl who was once leader of the Old Guard, wondering how she was holding up.

Caltha
Belobog

Belobog saluted as he got his order from Maxim and saw Maxim taking Kurik. Belobog sighed, he was going to watch what now?

Sometimes Belobog wondered the relationship between Kurik and Maxim; he shook his head, he reminded himself to focus on his task. He got to make sure no one tries to escape this time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Aegis

- Alex -

Alex returned Luke's smile. It seemed wrong to train Luke in magic, but it felt like the right thing to do. Maybe it was no longer trusting his instincts that led him astray.

"All right," he said, nodding.

Luke and the others left to collect their things. Alex sat down on one of the weight benches, trying to decide what came next. His friends had welcomed him back - more than he deserved - but he wasn't sure he was ready to face what his actions had caused. He wasn't sure he could be that strong yet.

When they returned, Luke approached him and asked if he were coming along. Alex hesitated, then glanced at the others gathering to leave.

"I..."

Was he being a coward still? What if something happened to his friends, something that could have been avoided if he'd been around to help?

"All right," he murmured, nodding. "I'll come."

- Rise -

Rise, along with the others, scrambled into action upon Alina's order. Despite having been the closest to Alina during the call, she hadn't gotten a glimpse of the com to see what the fuss was about.

"I hope it's nothing too serious," she told James as they went to their room and grabbed their things. Something told her it was though. It was the same cloud that hung over them on the eve of the attack on the capital by Legion.

When they returned to the training room, the others had all gathered there. Luke tried to convince Alex to come with them, and to Rise's surprise, succeeded. As he approached the group, Rise held out her hand to him.

"Good to have you back," she said, squeezing his hand.

"Good to be back," he replied, smiling.

Ergo Research

- Ariana -

Ariana huddled in the corner of the cell, hugging her knees to her body. The other women were all throwing barbed comments and snarking at each other, but all she wanted to do was drown them out.

Drown everything out.

She wanted to live. She was desperate to live back there. But what was there left to live for now? She was back to having nothing, like the day Farrington found her...

Caltha

- Kurik -

Maxim sighed in relief to see that Kurik was okay, though the fact that he had been injured at all weighed deeply on him.

"Don't blame yourself," he said, shaking his head. "It's my mistake. I made a severe miscalculation concerning Ariana. I'll have to find some way to rectify it. For now, if anyone asks, our official report will be that she was kidnapped by Army forces and taken hostage."

Kurik made the call for the medic, then turned his attention to the topic of Ehlana. It was difficult to gauge how Kurik felt about the matter, but Maxim had determined to always be honest with him.

"Yes, our mole Minister Durmail informed me as much," he replied, averting his eyes. "Considering the possible liability, we made a few attempts to have her taken care of. However, Samael Raidon was clever enough to anticipate this and thwarted all early attempts to get access to her."

Maxim sighed and leaned against the desk, folding his arms. "Removing her from the board would no longer have been necessary, once we had control of the palace. But there wasn't time to communicate that before everything got out of hand. Sadly, I've done a rather poor job of maintaining the agents I was given."

He glanced over at the door, thinking of Belo. The only agent still left... for now. Belo had proven his loyalty time and again, but after what had happened with the other two, it might only be a matter of time.

Caltha

- Jax -

Jax stirred with a groan, his head pounding. What had happened?

He looked around the council chamber, and it only took a few moments to put everything together again. The commanders were unconscious still, but fortunately, no longer Redcapes. Serena was awake, but seemed entirely void of expression.

"Are you all right?" he muttered, trying not to draw attention from any nearby enemies.

At first, Serena said nothing. Then, after a moments, she hung her head and sighed. "No... I'm not."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Aegis

- Lenka -

Lenka smiled sheepishly at Lisa. Well, maybe next time she would actually try to listen to her. For now she felt content with having gained a little control.

She grinned at Marcus when he came over and offered her a high five.

"Well, as you can see, I managed to not destroy the trainings hall entirely," she replied as they walked over to Alina and the others. "I feel like I still don't know what I'm capable of, but it's a start."

Actually she felt a little less afraid of her magic now that she had managed to exert a minimal amount of control. Hopefully it stayed like that.

"We'll talk about the rest later," she added when Alina asked them to gather their things.

A few minutes later she was back, her journal tightly tucked under her arm and her camera around her neck. Surely it was important if Kokonoe was sending Lambda.

"I'm ready," she declared.

- James -

"Mhh…" was the only response James gave. From the look of it, it had to be serious. It felt like it.

He grabbed his laptop and a few other technical things and then looked at his katanas. With a sigh, he put them in his bag and waited for Rise.

"Even if it is serious," he said and smiled at her. "We'll be able to handle it together."

They arrived back in the trainings hall and as a pleasant surprise, Alex had decided to join them. James put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly. He was also glad to have him come with.

---------------------------------------

Ergo Research

- Ehlana -

Ehlana's eyes darted to Nadenka. So she knew her name and she wondered what else Alexei had told her. Her eyes darkened. This didn't exactly help in building up trust.

"No, you were trying to get me to trust you," Ehlana replied. "However, that didn't quite work out the way you went about it."

She shrugged and sat back down, still wondering what Alexei saw in that woman.

"Why does Alexei trust you?" she asked.

---------------------------------------

Caltha

- Kurik -

"I see," he replied. "That was a sound call. But now she's an even greater liability. The reports say she fled with Ariana."

"We also haven't found a trace of Alexei and Raidon…"he mused. "We can't let them escape," he said determined.

They were interrupted when Lorrin and the medic arrived. Lorrin let out a low whistle. "Someone broke your hand?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. "I didn't think that was possible."

Kurik shook his head amused and indicated for the medic to do his work. "It's not the first time and it probably won't be the last time. It feels like a clean break."

The medic cast a dia spell and Kurik's pained expression relaxed. "The break is healed," the medic said after careful examination. "Do you want me to put a cast on it?" One look from Kurik was enough of an answer. "Just be cautious with it. Try not to strain it."

Kurik nodded. "Thanks."

He turned to Lorrin. "Please work with Annabelle to coordinate a search of the palace. Seal all the exits, no one comes in or out. I want you to find Raidon and Alexei. I'll send the files to your computer."

Lorrin nodded. "Consider it done, Sir." Taking the medic with him, he left Kurik and Maxim alone to their musings.

Kurik spread the fingers of his right hand. It felt much better.

"I believe we still have some interesting prisoners," he said and stood up. "Why don't we see if anyone has something interesting to say…"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:09 pm

Aegis
Luke Jaron

Luke was happily grinned and was very glad that Alex decided to come along, moreover, he was really glad that the three old friends were able to come and join force together.

Luke knew he did not do much, but he felt very happy that he had kept his promise with old Aegis members. He was not so sure that they remembered what Luke promised with them, but he was definitely glad to see the three of them together.

Whatever challenges, Luke felt that he found a strength to fight back and overcome.

Nadenka

"To earn your trust? What for?" Said Nadenka, "Trust is not one way thing, but, trying to be friendly to other is something one could initiate." Then Nadenka gave thoughtful look at Ehlana as Ehlana asked her why Alexei trust her so. Nadenka shrugged, "I don't know." She said with sad smile. "But, I know that just as much as he trust me, I trust him, too." Said Nadenka.

Then Nadenka eyes went to the direction of the girl who was the figure head before all this happen. Nadenka could not help, but notice the little girl's pose.

Nadenka knew too well.

"I don't know what you are going through, but don't give up. In you, some people's hope still lives in you." She said to Ariana, even though she knew so well it was not going to help the little girl much... Nadenka did not want Ariana to be so downed.

Perhaps what this little girl really needed was a family...a family, or friends who she could lean on. But, she was not so sure if she was the right person to play such part for her; just like Ehlana responded, Nadenka was not so sure how Ariana would responded. Nadenka said to Ariana, "You did well, and you know, you can cry as much as you want. It makes you feel better." Said Nadenka...

She knew she was bad at this, but she had to try as the other woman was not planning to help her with the mood; the poor girl was probably at lost, and Nadenka wanted to help...Nadenka hoped she was able to lend her shoulder to the little girl or even a warmth if Ariana need one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 pm

Aegis

- Alina -

As space righted itself around her, Alina stepped into the laboratory. Her eyes immediately found Kokonoe's. "I think it's best if you brief me on this so called situation." She said with a humorless smile.

"While I was waiting for the others to get their gear together, I tried to contact both Jax and Keynes. Neither of them responded." Her voice didn't relay the vein of fear coursing through her, but it did communicate the urgency of the matter.

----------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

Lisa put her hand on the wall to avoid toppling over. Teleportation had never agreed with her stomach, and this time was no different. Thankfully, the only thing she had in it at the moment was coffee. So, there wasn't any real threat of it rioting.

She let her gaze scan the room before it came to rest on a monitor, displaying three women in what she knew to be the biological containment room. One of them looked oddly familiar too. How had Ehlana gotten all the way back here?

- Marcus -

It was good to see this side of Lenka. She seemed more collected than usual. Not that she was ever really 'scattered', but her eyes held a different level of focus than before. For a moment, he considered telling her that, but something told him it wouldn't be well received. Besides, they had other issues to deal with now.

Resting his shoulders against the wall behind him, he waited to hear what Kokonoe had to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Ergo Research

- Ariana -

Ariana looked up at Nadenka, her eyes vacant.

"No one's hope lives in me," she murmured. "Farrington believes in me, but he's gone now. I was just a puppet for Maxim though. I never mattered in the end."

She curled up a little tighter and stared down at the floor. Crying took energy she didn't have. Right now, she just wanted to sleep and lose all sense and awareness, to escape all this, if only for a little while.

Then Lambda appeared in the middle of the lab once more. Ariana gave a start, sitting up as she caught sight of Alina. If she was here... there's no way she'd let Ariana go.

- Rise -

Kokonoe turned Lambda appeared once more with their guests in tow. At the sight of Alex, her eyes widened in surprise. It only took her a moment to recover, however, and flick Alex right between the eyes.

"You brat. Where the hell have you been?" she asked, scowling at him.

"Kokonoe!" Rise protested, though the scientist's words lacked any real venom.

"Off on some pity party, no doubt," Kokonoe went on, folding her arms. "Honestly."

Alex smiled weakly and rubbed at his forehead. "It's good to see you too, Kokonoe."

"Yeah, yeah," Kokonoe murmured, lips twitching dangerously close to a smile.

Alina immediately brought the conversation into focus, and Kokonoe regained her serious demeanor.

"Maybe you ought to ask them," she said, hooking a thumb in the direction of the holding cell. "Lambda showed up out of nowhere with them in tow. Said Keynes sent her to transport them here away from the capital. From what I understand, a coup just went down at the palace."

Rise gasped. "Is Keynes all right? What about Jax? Raidon?"

Kokonoe shook her head. "Not a clue," she said, then turned toward the cell. "You guys want to fill us in?"

Ariana shrank back into the corner, trying to hide from the probing eyes of Aegis.

Caltha

- Maxim -

Maxim pondered Kurik's report about Alexei and Raidon, remaining silent as Lorrin treated Kurik's hand. It was a small comfort to hear Kurik issuing orders like he was born to do it.

And as far as Maxim was concerned, he was.

"I believe we still have some interesting prisoners," Kurik said, once Lorrin had left. "Why don't we see if anyone has something interesting to say…"

Maxim smiled and shook his head. "I'll leave that in your capable hands, Lord Commander. Or would you prefer High General? Lord Commander has a pomposity that doesn't suit you, I think."

Once Kurik left the office, Maxim's face sank into a strained grimace as he dug his nails into his palms. Everything had gone so carefully until now. If he tripped at the finish line and undermined everything he strived to do... ruined this perfectly crafted chance to sit Kurik on the High General's throne, he would never forgive himself.

- Jax -

Serena didn't seem to be willing to talk any time soon, the other Commanders were still unconscious, and Keynes was too far away. And Durmail... Jax was too disgusted to talk to him.

All he could do was sit in silence and stare across the white room. Where was Alina now? Was she safe? Would he ever see her again?

Kurik strode into the throne room, and Jax scowled at him. The man seemed to be coming to talk to them, but he had no intention of giving his usurper anything.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Ergo Research Lab

- Ehlana -

Ehlana shrugged at Nadenka's words. She didn't know why Nadenka was trying so hard to connect with her. At least finally, the woman moved on to Ariana.

A few moments later, more people appeared in the lab. Ehlana recognized the members of Aegis as well as Lenka and Marcus. And lastly there was Alina Grey, former High General. She sighed.

It didn't look like either Nadenka or Ariana were about to step up. In reality, she didn't really feel like talking to Aegis and the other either. Looking up, she could see some hostile eyes.

Slowly she walked over to the glass where the others had gathered.

"I already told you," she said, sounding less than motivated. "Your government was overthrown. You were betrayed from the inside."

"Everyone still at the palace might already be dead as I can't see what use they have for people so deeply loyal to the High General and her regime," she added and shrugged.

- James -

James steadied himself after the Traesto spell and took in the room. Kokonoe had some surprising visitors.

When Alina mentioned the lack of communication, he immediately pulled out his laptop to see if he could find the issue. It seemed not everything at the palace had gone according to plan, but if someone from Ehlana's old affiliation was involved, they could be blocking all communication.

He quickly found that to be true. It appeared all in- and outgoing information was intercepted. At first glance he couldn't even tell if it was simply blocked or just not relayed to the receiver inside.

"I just checked the communication at the palace. It appears to be completely shielded off," James said quietly. "I can guess that it is technology similar to the jammers we found here a few days ago," he added with a look towards Ehlana. "But without actually looking at them, I can't tell for sure."

The news that came from her were quite disturbing. A coup at the palace?

He touched Rise's shoulder. Yes, he was worried about their friends inside as well.

- Lenka -

The lab materialized around her, but everything was still spinning. She took a step and caught the wall next to Marcus.

Lenka squeezed her eyes shut. This method of travel really didn't agree with her.

"I'm so dizzy," she murmured.

It took her more than a few moments to catch up to what was happening in the room.

She was especially curious about the other two women she didn't immediately recognize, Ariana and Nadenka.

----------------------------------

Caltha

- Kurik -

Kurik entered the throne room and stopped. He took a few seconds to survey the room.

The Army commanders were still unconscious.
Jax scowled at him. Serena was fixed next to him, her eyes at the ground.
At the other end of the wall was Keynes.

Minister Durmail was sitting on the table, looking slightly nervous.

Around the room, he could see a few guards.

"Is anyone seriously injured?" he asked one of the guards. The guard shook his head.

"Bring in some water and then prepare the prison," he ordered the guard in a low voice. "Also, make sure they only use the magic proofed cells and put a guards on each cell. I'll let you know when we're ready for a transfer."

The guard at the door nodded a couple times and then disappeared.

Without giving Jax, Keynes or Serena even a glance, he went over to Durmail and pulled up a chair. A few moments later, the guard came back with a couple bottles of water.

Kurik handed one to Durmail. He didn't like the man and he didn't like what he stood for. Also he absolutely despised the need for betrayal and that this man had taken it upon himself to betray everything he supposedly believed in. However, that wasn't something he was going to disclose in front of witnesses.

"Any troubles?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Ergo Research Lab
Nadenka

"We were supposed to be united with Raidon, and Alexei." Said Nadenka, turning around to face the Aegis. She stood between Ariana and them as she saw the sudden fear in her eyes. Well, she was not so sure how that would help Ariana, but she thought that was the best. "Could I ask for a better place to talk? We did not take part in over-throwing the government, and I don't think treating us like this without knowing full-story is too soon, no?"

Luke

Luke somehow was quickly adjusted to such travel; in fact, he was adjusting pretty well with it. Luke also had the heart to think of how it would be convenient if he had such strain. No more late attendance, thought Luke.

In any case, the people started to talk and his light heart was met with heavy news. Even though, he did not like the country so much, it was still a place that he held dear. To think that someone from inside would betray his own country...

When Nadenka asked for a better place to stay and talk, Luke curled his lips. Luke was not so sure anyone would vouch for such idea. Besides, Alina should take charge of this matter.

Caltha
Belobog

Belobog had been asking one question at him continuously, "Where your loyalty lies? Arusia? Or somewhere else?" The answer never changed, he always answered Arusia.

But what if Alexei managed to bring a good evidence that Belobog himself was not following what Arusia wanted, but what Maxim wanted? What then? Then again, how could he know helping Alexei would help Arusia?

Belobog inner voice went silent. He knew he would definitely end traitor's life, he would try to do so. But the question is who is the real traitor?

Belobog gave out long sighed, he felt like he was banging his head on the wall. Anyways, so far there was nothing going on where he was. He could make out from the noise outside that people were now going to search for Alexei and the other guy.

Knowing Alexei well, Belobog was confident that he would escape the grasp of these soldiers; the guy who he was with was no push over either so they would probably be fine.

So the waiting game begins? Thought Belobog, still feeling lost.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 35 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next