Share | 

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu May 03, 2018 11:06 pm

Aegis

- Marcus -

Marcus startled when Lenka directed a question at him, but after a second, he continued washing his dishes. "What do you want to know?" He asked with a grin. "Heights? Weights? Eye color?"

Putting aside his tea cup and fishing a bowl out of the sink, he chuckled at what would no doubt be an annoyed look on Lenka's face.

"Troy is the troublemaker. He's a little guy. So, he feels like he needs to make up for that in attitude, I guess. I imagine that I was probably just as bad when I was a pre-teen."

"Ben is the bookworm. One of those types that cracks open a book after breakfast and doesn't realize he's lost a whole day until after dinner. The rest of us worry about his lack of social skills, but at least he knows plenty of big words to throw into an intelligent conversation."

"Then, there's Rebecca, who has decided that she's Ben's mouthpiece. That can make for some interesting conversations, considering she's barely half his age. For a nine year old, that kid has some serious 'tude."

"Terrance is the youngest, and the caretakers pay the most attention to him, since he's still getting over losing his parents in the conflict. Sometimes, he disappears for a few hours, and the adults worry, but I know which tree he's hanging out in the top of. So, it's not too big of a deal."

"Jess is the other one my age, but she's always been the one that's had her life put together. I think she was a lot like Ben at his age, but over time, she's become more outgoing. If there's anything going on at the orphanage, you can assume she had a hand in planning it. That's what she does."

Sitting the bowl aside, Marcus washed his hands and turned, leaning back against the counter. "Your turn. Tell me about growing up with James." He said, waving in the direction of the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue May 08, 2018 3:01 am

Caltha - Sewers

Nadenka

"Why did you want to enter the palace?"

Nadenka was not so sure if she wanted to answer, then again, why shouldn't she? After all, this might their last trip...

"I wanted to find what really happened..." She said softly, "I wanted to find out if he really ended up dead because of the bombing, or if he was betrayed by my country men." She continued to walk, "By the way, I am talking about dead fiancé" and added as she turned to right.

They were getting close.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Aegis

Luke Jaron

Luke entered the kitchen and saw Marcus having chat with Lenka. Luke knew his heart should start feeling envious of them. Surprisingly though, it looked like he really did move on with his feeling as the feeling of envy did not come so strong as it would be. Well, that's what he thought. In truth, it was his stubbornness and his heart's hardness suppressed his inner feelings.

But, nevertheless, he really wanted two of his new friends to be happy, together or not.

Luke sat on the table, not really feeling hungry, he just stared at the ceiling, not so sure what to think anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed May 09, 2018 1:33 am

Aegis Old Bunker

- Rise -

Rise breathed a small sigh of relief at the idea that Kokonoe might be able to help with what Alex was going through.

The meeting between the Grand Council and the Old Guard though... That immediately made her feel on edge again. Would they be able to resolve this situation peacefully? She hoped so from the bottom of her heart, but it didn't seem likely.

"Do you think we'll ever finally be at peace?" she murmured, the words slipping out before she could stop them.

No, this wasn't the time for sentiments like that. Rise forced her mouth into a smile and shook her head, as though to dismiss the question.

Luke sat on the table near them and stared up at the ceiling, lost in thought.

"You all right, Luke?" she asked. She glanced over at Marcus and Lenka, who seemed to be getting along quite well, and bit her lip. "Ohh. That."

-------------------------------

Caltha - State Hall

- Maxim -

Maxim hid a smile, pleased to see Kurik filling into his new role so well so quickly. The Council, however, did not share that sentiment.

"Is that a fact?" Serena said, her voice like ice. Maybe she and Alina Grey weren't so different. "Enlighten us, then, as to your purpose."

Maxim smiled politely. "This isn't a negotiation, Minister Winters. This is a coup."

At his words, the doors were suddenly sealed. The Army guards suddenly raised their weapons and aimed them at the Council members. Jax and the two Commanders leapt to their feet, the former raising his fists and the latter two producing weapons.

"You just made a big mistake," Jax growled.

Serena and Durmail also got to their feet. Serena remained calm, her face white but composed. Durmail, on the other hand, shook nervously and licked his lips.

"If you thought I would make for a more docile target than High General Grey, you're mistaken," Serena said, her fists clenched. "Violence is not my way, but I won't stand by and hand the keys to this country to you."

She looked to Jax and the two Commanders, who nodded in return. Before they could make a move, however, Durmail lunged and pulled Serena against him. A knife slipped from his sleeve, and he pressed it against her throat.

"Bold words, Serena," he said. "But the decision was never yours."

Commanders Barton and Sarasin stepped forward, but Durmail pressed the dagger more tightly against Serena's throat.

"You traitor," Sarasin spat. "You were a mole this whole time!"

Durmail snarled. "Traitor? What do you call Alina Grey, who deposed this country's rightful ruler? Rebels have no right to criticize rebellions, Sarasin."

Even with this sudden reversal, Serena remained composed, though her voice quivered just a touch.

"This changes nothing," she said. "Commanders, Chief Mathis, do your duty."

Jax nodded gravely. Then, he sprang into action, leaping toward the Old Guard leaders.

"Kurik, if you please," Maxim said, indicating Jax. His attention was focused on the two Commanders, who were circling from the other side while the Old Guard and loyal Army guards clashed on the outskirts of the room.

Commander Barton raised his sword, and Sarasin notched a bow in her arrow.

"Belo, the commanders," Maxim ordered.

-------------------------

Caltha - Palace Prison

- Ehlana -

In the prison, Ehlana sat in silence. Raidon hadn't returned, and no word had been sent.

Suddenly, the prison door opened and an unfamiliar Army guard came in, holding a tray.

"Got orders to bring you food," he said, sliding the tray into her cell. "Eat up."

-------------------------

Caltha - Sewers

- Alexei -

Nadenka hesitated at his question, and Alexei second-guessed whether he should have asked that at all.

"I wanted to find what really happened..." She said softly, "I wanted to find out if he really ended up dead because of the bombing, or if he was betrayed by my country men."

Alexei's brow furrowed. Even without her clarification, he knew there was only one person she could be talking about.

"Did you ever find out?" he asked. He worried that the question might cause her more pain, but he couldn't leave the matter unresolved.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Aegis - Old Bunker

- Lenka -

Lenka rolled her eyes at Marcus when he first tried to back out of her question. He then decided to answer her.

She watched his face while he was telling her about his foster sibling. It was clear he cared about them. All of them. Especially wanting to protect them. Maybe because they all seemed to be younger than him? Briefly she wondered how much contact he still had with them now that he was at the University.

"You miss them?" she asked. "It sounds like they are good people. How often do you visit them?"

When Marcus asked about James, Lenka turned around to look at her brother. He was still typing away on his laptop with Rise sitting close.  

She turned back to Marcus, looking somewhat thoughtful. "Well...you've seen him," she finally said. "He's trying. Always working to do his best. We're very close in some aspects of our life, but at the same time, James can bury himself in work for days. I know when my fainting spells started, he was around much more. That made us grow closer, even though I know he was mainly worried."

"He's my big brother, I'm sure it's in his nature to try and protect me," she shrugged. "I still enjoyed spending time with him. He was the only one around and I wasn't allowed to just roam around freely when I was younger."

"Nowadays, we talk. And we get along, but I think he still hasn't realized that I've grown up. I had hoped I would see more of him when I went to the University, but he's busy with his thesis and graduation."

There was a slightly lost smile on her face and she gave a small shrug. Saying the words made her realize that maybe it was time to try harder to get along with James.

- James -

James looked up from his keyboard to look at Rise. "What brought this on?" he asked surprised.

"Of course there will be peace," he said softly. "This conflict can't go on forever."

------------------------------------

Caltha - Palace Prison

- Ehlana -

When Ehlana heard the footsteps approaching, she stood up from the bed. She was half-expecting Raidon.

However, when someone else showed up, she took a few steps back, her suspicion arising.

The Army Guard slid the tray in her cell.

"Who ordered this?" she asked, half-expecting no answer. She eyed the food carefully. It didn't look especially appetizing. Then again, neither did Arusian food.

Caltha - State Hall

- Kurik -

Kurik kept a straight face when Maxim revealed the grand news. Of course things wouldn't go over without resistance. Jax and the two Commanders didn't seem much fazed by the danger that Minister Serena was in and decided to still charge towards them.

Kurik tensed when Jax moved towards him. He moved his hand from his chest outwards. "Rakukaja," he said and cast the barrier and then moved swiftly to the side.

"We don't have to do this the hard way," he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 am

Luke Jaron

Luke was caught off guard when Rise asked him of what's up with him. He scratched his head, embarrassed of what she was implying.

"That's not it at all." He said it nervously, "Well, I think my brain just shut down... for... um... no reason at all..." Unfortunately, he could not hide so well with what he was feeling at the moment.

________________________________________________________________________________

Nadenka Orlov

"No" Nadenka replied, "Well, I am still not so sure..." and continue to walk, "But doesn't matter any more now." she added, turning around to face Alexei, smiling. "I learned to let go." Then she stopped herself from saying further, she almost had said, because now I have you and I want to focus on you

She cleared her throat and continued to move forward, now coming to the ladder that would be leading them to air vent in the prison cell. "Come on, we are almost there" Said Nadenka bravely taking the ladder to the air vent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun May 13, 2018 10:37 am

Belobog Volkov, "Belo"

Unlike Kurik who started off with avoiding the attack, Belobog quickly raised his two pistols, and aimed at the two commanders who had their weapons ready. Belobog aimed at the hands of the commander and after a quick reload, he fired at their shoulders. It was matter of speed and aim, and unfortunately for the two commanders, Belobog probably had upper hands with Arusian's weapon.

Quickly, he also moved to cover and reloaded, but once he did, he quickly fired his pistols again at the commanders, and he did not hesitate to fire at their chests and heads.

It was time for the blood, and it was overdue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon May 14, 2018 12:50 am

Aegis - Old Bunker

- Rise -

James looked up from his keyboard to look at Rise. "What brought this on?" he asked surprised.

"Of course there will be peace," he said softly. "This conflict can't go on forever."

Rise ducked her head, avoiding James' gaze. She felt guilty even bringing it up.

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't meant to be pessimistic," she said, sighing. "It just feels like there's always something coming up to throw off the peace."

She shook her head and smiled. "But I can't get let myself get pessimistic. I mean, I can't expect people to believe in me and my music if I can't practice what I sing, right?"

She turned back to Luke, who was talking about his brain shorting out for no reason. Rise tilted her head, brows knit in confusion.

"Luke... you've really got to learn to open more," she said. "I mean, if you can't trust us with your problems, then we can't help you."

Caltha - Palace Prison

- Ehlana -

The guard narrowed his eyes and glared at her.

"Eat," he ordered, pointing at the tray.

Ehlana, however, wasn't buying this ruse. The guard muttered a curse under his breath and checked his calm.

"Doesn't matter at this point," he said, more to himself. He fished a small sphere from his pocket and pushed his thumb into the button. It gave a hiss, and he tossed it under the bars into Ehlana's cell. Immediately, thick gas began to issue forth and rise up through the cell.

"Should have eaten when you had the chance," the guard said, sneering. "At least it would have been painless. I think."

Already, Ehlana's eyes began to water, and breathing was becoming painful. She wouldn't be able to last long.

Nadenka Orlov

"I learned to let go."

Nadenka turned and smiled at him. Alexei's eyes widened, and his heart hammered. She didn't really need to say anything more, because that already said enough.

"Nadenka..."

A noise came from up above them. Alexei bit his lip and shook his head. There would be time for that later. Gesturing to her to wait, Alexei took the lead up the ladder. If there was any danger up above, he wanted to be the one to bear the brunt of it.

Once he reached the top of the ladder, Alexei shoved aside the grate aside with a grunt and hauled himself out.

"The hell-?" came a voice from behind.

Alexei whirled around to face a prison guard staring back at him in surprise. But the surprise was Alexei's. Behind the guard was a prison cell filling with smoke, and in it was-

"Ehlana!"

Caltha - State Hall

- Jax -

His opponent was fast and a magic user. It was times like these that Jax almost missed his synth seraph.

"We don't have to do this the hard way," Kurik, the enemy commander said.

"I think it's a little late for that," Jax replied. He dove forward, throwing a series of rapid jabs before swinging around with a powerful left hook.

Even that was just a distraction as he let the momentum of the hook twist his body to the side before lashing out with a ferocious kick.

- Ariana -

Commander Barton and Commander Sarasin ducked as Belobog let loose a volley of bullets at them. Sarasin ducked behind the table, readying her arrow. Barton brought up his shield to deflect the bullets before rushing at Belo.

"Barton, down!" Sarasin yelled.

Barton dropped to the ground, shield raised up before him, as Sarasin let her arrow fly over his head directly at Belo.

Ariana watched the proceeding violence, slowly backing away toward the door. Two men rushed at her - Old Guard, Army, it didn't matter. At this point, everyone was her enemy.

"Mabufula!" she cried. Ice crystals erupted from the ground around, blasting back the men and throwing open the doors to the room.

This was her chance! Ariana raced from the room and down the hallway, blindly searching for an escape.

Maxim whirled around at the sound, his eyes going wide. No! This would ruin everything!

"Belo!" he shouted, whirling about. "Track her down, now! I'll deal with the commanders."

- Raidon -

Raidon turned the corner and hurried down the hallway, only to stop short at the sounds of chaos from the state hall. Was he too late? Had the Old Guard - or the puppet master behind them - finally pulled their big move?

Suddenly, a small figure raced out of the room and down the hall toward him. Her ornate hat flew off her head as she ran, and he recognized the striking red hair and young face.

"Ariana Adalia?" he murmured, eyes wide.

Ariana stopped short, stricken with fear. Then she whirled about at the sounds of pursuing footsteps before looking back at him.

"Please," she blurted out. "They'll kill me!"

Raidon hesitated. He wanted to hurry to the state hall and help. Maybe he could help turn the tide. But if he was wrong, and he got captured or killed, it might be impossible to get word out in time.

And now, he had Ariana Adalia in his grasp, the enemy's queen in this game of chess. If she was right, and they killed her off after she'd served her use, they'd never be able to use her knowledge or influence.

"Come on," he said, grabbing hold of her and taking off at a run as their pursuer closed in. It became immediately obvious that Ariana wouldn't be able to keep up to his pace. Gritting his teeth, he stopped and scooped her up into his arms before breaking into his fastest run. He wouldn't be able to defend himself this way, but that was a risk he'd have to take if he wanted to make it back to the prison block in time.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 am

Aegis

- Marcus -

"I do miss them." Marcus responded with a wistful smile. "Living in the university dorms, I only get to see them on Saturdays, assuming we don't have an exam coming up on Monday morning, but I try to make time to hang out with all of them while I'm around. It's getting harder as they get older though."

"Each of them is developing their own interests. Jess is the glue that holds them together, but she's only under the home's care for another two years, same as me. After that, I don't see her leaving though. She'll probably become the next caretaker after Lecarde retires."

He glanced from Lenka to James and back while she told him about her brother, and the pieces started to fall into place. Whether the other man knew it or not, his life had a profound impact on his sister. Lisa would probably even say that her independence was an attempt to gain James' acknowledgement, but he doubted Lenka would see it the same way. She had to be her own person. That much, she'd made perfectly clear.

"Something I've learned pretty recently about growing up is that sometimes, life is about letting go." Marcus spoke slowly, being careful with his words. "But it can also be about making a conscious decision of the things you really want to hold onto."

"He'll see you for who you are when he's ready."
Marcus glanced at James before giving her a sad smile. "Even if that's long after you are."

------------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

Alina took a deep breath as she bent over to retrieve her comm from where it had fallen by the running track. With the push of a button, she was once more greeted with the news that had thrown her into the latest tailspin. Now that she was prepared for it, although bittersweet, the information was more freeing than she expected.

Wiping away another tear, she pushed the button to dial Jax. The comm buzzed indicated an established outgoing signal, but he didn't pick up. Maybe he was stuck in a meeting or something.

With a sigh, she pocketed the comm and made her way towards the kitchen. If nothing else, Rise would want to know.

A few moments later, Alina made her way to the table, where she sank into one of the chairs. "I'm done processing." She said with a grimace.

------------------------------------------------------------

Kappal Mines - Outskirts

- Keynes -

Keynes silently slipped out of the room where he'd bound and gagged the two guards that got in his way a few minutes before. Now he had one of their radios. So, there was that, but he had a feeling the two of them would probably be missed sooner, rather than later.

He glanced at his comm, checking the nearby heat signatures. Nothing else within the section he was in now, but he doubted he'd find much in these deserted access tunnels. No, the answers he sought would be in the more active portion of the base. Too bad there were guards all over that area.

"Intruder in the southwest corridor." He grumbled into the radio, pitching his voice to match one of the men he'd just knocked out.

"And now, I wait."
Keynes muttered, watching the heat signatures suddenly start moving more erratically towards the part of the complex furthest from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue May 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Aegis - Bunker

- Lenka -

"Well, good thing summer break is coming up," Lenka replied with a grin. "Hopefully that means you can visit them for a bit longer."

Her face fell a little when Marcus gave her a sad smile.

"I know," she said, sounding a bit melancholic. "Anyways, it's not your issue. It'll work itself out. And we have much more important issues now."

- James -

James put his arms around Rise and rubbed her shoulders. He could understand how she was feeling. There was no right answer for this.

"Even if you have doubts, I still believe in what you do and sing about," he said.

He kept one arm around her while he continued typing with the other.

-----------------------------------

Caltha - State Hall

- Kurik -

Kurik shrugged. Apparently Jax was determined.

His jabs were blocked by the spell. Not very surprising.

He dodged the left hook, but the shield dissipated and failed to block the kick Jax was following up with. It was too late to react, so Kurik took the hit.

Instead of letting Jax recoil, however, Kurik grabbed his leg, pulling him down with him to the ground.

"Fine, the hard way it is."

Twisting around, Kurik got to his feet and cast another spell, this time on Jax. "Tentarafoo." A daze of colors collided with Jax, confusing him.

"Tarukaja," he cast on himself. With this monkey on steroids it was better to be safe than sorry.

He pulled Jax to his feet and raised his arm to punch him in the face.

-----------------------------------

Caltha - Palace Prison

- Ehlana -

Suddenly the demeanor of the guard changed. Ehlana took a step back, but it was too late. He tossed a small sphere in her cell and suddenly the room filled with smoke.

It bit in her eyes and it was getting more and more difficult to breathe. She held her breath. The guard was still watching. She knew, stepping forward was like asking to be killed.

Instead she moved back in her cell until she could feel the sink behind her. She turned the faucet on and drenched her scarf, pulling it over her nose and mouth. Even though that made breathing a little easier, it didn't help much. Ehlana's eyes were watering and pain started in her chest.

Suddenly there was a distraction outside her cell. She tried to peer through the smoke to see who or what it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34