Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Aegis

- Lenka -

Lenka's eyes widened when Lisa revealed her magic. Even with her amateur eyes she could see the control it took.

She could feel, subconsciously, that she wished she had that much control over her new gift.

"I have to admit, that looks pretty cool," Lenka pulled her knees up and hugged them tightly. Lisa was right, she could still feel the storm welling up inside her.

"Well, I hope you're right with your theory," she said and smiled. "I'll skip the meditation for now, but I'll try to find another outlet," Lenka said and stood up.

"Thank you for listening to me," Lenka wasn't quite sure yet how she would manage that or if she even wanted that, but Lisa didn't need to know that. Even after the training with Keynes and the others, she was still reluctant to use force on anything without reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

"That's your choice to make." Lisa responded with a grin. "Meditation works well for me, but I don't claim that it's for everyone."

She leaned back into her seat, taking a deep breath. "Thank you for being willing to talk. If you ever need a sounding board, feel free to use me."

Lisa paused, looking slightly conflicted. Privacy was a big deal in her intended profession, but helping others was more important than that. "I can't say that I understand the feeling you described earlier, the fear of losing control, because I didn't have it."

"To be honest, I'm less concerned about you because you do, but if you need to talk about that with someone else, you might try your partner in crime. Marcus came to me with a lot of the same issues after his awakening."

As Lenka turned to leave, Lisa couldn't resist one last teasing jab. "And do us all a favor. Don't push any of the buttons in the elevator."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Old Bunker

- Rise -

After dinner, the group began to split up. Rise squeezed James hand and smiled.

"I'll catch up with you in a bit," she told him, then turned to Alex.

"Come on," she said, holding onto his arm. They headed down the hallway to Alex's room, and he hovered awkardly in the door.

"Umm..." he murmured, looking about the room.

"Sleep," Rise told him. "I'll stay with you till you fall asleep."

Alex's eyes widened. He bit his lip, his eyes becoming distant. Rise knew he was still the same stupid Alex who wouldn't think to ask for help in a case like this, and she also knew how difficult it would be for him to sleep after everything that had happened.

"Thanks, Rise," he said quietly.

She sat on the edge of his bed as he slipped under the covers and went still. There was a long silence, and she knew he was laying awake staring into the darkness.

"I missed you," he murmured. "All of you."

"We missed you too."

She squeezed his hand. Alex gave a faint sigh, and then his breathing became soft and steady. After a while, Rise stood up and quietly left the room.

When she made it back to her old room, she breathed in a deep breath and just stood looking around the room. Two years... it might as well have been a lifetime. It was still hard sometimes to reconcile how the most difficult time period of her life could also be one of the most cherished. She missed those days, and yet she dreaded them as well.

Now here she was again, equal parts caught up in old feelings and memories while afraid of what tomorrow would bring.

"Why us?" she murmured to the silent room. They'd already gone through so much, given their all to changing this country for the better. But here they were, caught up in difficulty and tragedy once again.

No. Rise squeezed her hands into fists and glared into beyond the four walls. No, she wouldn't let herself think that way. Whether it was using her magic to fight, or using her songs to touch people, she'd already made the decision to never back down or give up. If her sacrifices meant countless other people across Kaddath could live peaceful and meaningful lives, then it was worth it. Every bit.

----------------------------------------------

Caltha - City Outskirts

- Alexei -

Alexei leaned against the wall and peered out the window of the abandoned room. The moonlight shined through the window, bare of curtains or adornment. Nadenka was fast asleep on the floor nearby, moonlight shimmering on her hair.

They'd slipped into the capital earlier, undetected and none the worse for wear. They'd make their move on the palace tomorrow to find and free Ehlana. Alexei was no fool - he knew their chances of success were slim. But it wasn't in him to give up. He had to try.

Ehlana and Belo. They were his comrades, and he would do whatever it took to see them all through this alive. Belo was out of his hands, safe with Kurik and Maxim. But Ehlana had no one and was at Kaddath's mercy. He wouldn't abandon her, even if Arusia had.

He glanced at Nadenka, and his determination wavered though. He'd never forgive himself if anything happened to her, or himself for that matter. Cause even in the grave, he'd be tortured by the idea that she was crying because of him letting her down.

Alexei flexed his arm and squeezed his hand into a iron-tight fist. It didn't matter how slim their chances He'd find that elusive thread of success and follow it through.

Sliding to the floor, Alexei watched over Nadenka for as long as he could stay awake. His fingers ghosted across her shimmering hair as his eyes drifted shut, and their breathing fell into harmony.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:22 pm

NEXT DAY

Old Guard

- Maxim -

Maxim watched as the Old Guard troops busied themselves with preparations. He and Kurik stood beside Ariana, who was supervising the activities - tokenly, anyway. She might not have been a pawn and figurehead to the late Commander Farrington, but she was to Maxim.

"It's time, My Lady," one of the soldiers said to her as he approached them and saluted.

Ariana nodded, her eyes distant. The airship was primed and ready, and all the necessary steps in place. All they needed was their High Lady's orders.

"On to Caltha," she said, her voice steady and firm. She marched onto the airship, Maxim and Kurik following behind.

Maxim glanced at Kurik and smiled reassuringly. Despite a few bumps in the road, everything was proceeding according to plan.

--------------------------------------------------

Caltha - Palace

- Raidon -

The Grand Council was in more disarray than ever. The various Electorate and Commanders were openly arguing without waiting for turn, as was the proper protocol. Serena, who had been nominated to hold interim leadership over the Council, had her eyes firmly shut and her lips pressed together.

"We have to meet with the Old Guard," Electorate Durmail was saying. "It's the only way to smooth over Alina Grey's disastrous attempt at-"

"High General Grey," Commander Sarasin snarled. "Regardless of the impending investigation, she still deserves respect."

"I think we have bigger issues to focus on than such trivial technicalities," Durmail huffed, stroking his white beard.

"The first step to peace is compromise," Minister Cressen sighed. "The least we can do is speak with them."

"There are some things which shouldn't be compromised," Jax interjected, his eyes narrowed.

"I think this is all rather moot, my agents have reported that they're already on their way," Commander Arsene interjected in his smooth voice.

"This should have been put to a vote," Commander Barton said briskly. "I realize the balance of things has been put out of order with High General Grey's departure, but-"

Raidon's eyes flickered over to Serena, who finally stood.

"The Old Guard contacted us this morning requesting an immediate audience for peaceable negotiations. There wasn't time for a vote, and I made the best decision I could. A Commander Arsene said, the question is now how best to proceed once they arrive."

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Raidon could see that in such a brief time the strain was already getting to Serena, but she was holding up well all things considered. In a way, she reminded him a bit of Alina. Maybe that's why they butted heads so much.

"We need to speak with the prisoner," Raidon interjected. "We have to ascertain what she knows and if she has involvement with the Old Guard. If we're to meet with them, we'll need every advantage we can get."

Jax nodded his head. "Someone went through a lot of trouble to stop the prisoner from reaching Caltha. Someone doesn't want what she know to get out."

Durmail waved an impatient hand. "That's assuming she knows anything useful or is willing to share it. And while we waste time with her, the Old Guard will already be on our doorstep."

More arguing broke out as to whether to bother with the prisoner or plan for the Old Guard's arrival. For a monent, Raidon felt suddenly distant and removed from the room. Almost instinctively, his eyes searched for Keynes. Maybe he sensed it too.

Perhaps he was becoming paranoid, but Raidon felt an undercurrent in all this. A purposefulness.

The attack on the Old Guard, Alina's removal, the breakdown in the Council's order, maybe even the Redcape fiasco and the anti-strain protests... was something connecting it all beneath the surface where they couldn't see?

Caltha - Outskirts

Alexei hovered between consciousness and the oblivion of sleep. He felt something warm nearby and sought it out by instinct, his rough fingers reaching out to touch it and his strong arms encircling to bring the warmth toward him.

Bunker

Rise hummed to herself as she fixed up breakfast. Alex strolled in a few minutes later, a little worn still but looking healthier than he'd been the day before.

"I'm glad some things have't changed," he said, smiling up at her from the table.

Rise stirred the pancake batter and returned his smile. "Yeah, me too."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Aegis

- Lenka -

Lenka entered the kitchen a few minutes after Alex.

"Good morning," she chimed in a seemingly good mood and went towards the kettle. "Where did you leave James? Let me guess, he's still sleeping?"

Her usual blonde mane was tied in a ponytail. Obviously, she wanted to avoid another faux pas with her hair. Though she was in a good mood, the darker than usual rings under her eyes showed how short her night had been.

Even though Lisa had given her the advice to find an outlet for all the energy, she found that once in her room, tiredness was the prevailing emotion. She hadn't slept well, tossing and turning until her restlessness got her out of bed in the early morning hours. She still felt the energy, but it wasn't as difficult as last night.

Lenka sat down with her cup of tea across from Alex. She looked at Alex openly, maybe even curious.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced last night with all this razzle-dazzle," she said with a smile. "I'm Lenka."

"You're Alex, right?" Lenka said. "I heard a lot about you."

-----------------------------------

Old Guard

- Kurik -

Kurik returned Maxim's smile. It felt reassuring the midst of all this change.

With his new position, he suddenly had a lot of new responsibilities, but found that he could manage them well. The things seemed to come to him easily and it was an advantage that he already had some connections among the Old Guard.

Lorrin and Annabelle had proven to be valuable allies in this new endeavor. Still, he wished for a quiet moment with Maxim alone to get some reassurance that he was on the right track.

He waited until Lady Adalia had taken her seat.

"Is there anything you need, Mylady?" he asked.

-----------------------------------

Caltha

- Ehlana -

Ehlana woke up with a start. After being in this cell all day yesterday with not much room to roam around, she had spent most of the day resting. After another restful night, she woke up refreshed for once, albeit still a little dehydrated.

She got up and stretched. Her muscles were a bit tight, the skin on her face still felt quite sensitive. Ehlana began pacing up and down between the bars and the back wall.

The com from Raidon was still in her pocket. She had spent countless hours yesterday, trying to repair it back to functionality, but without trying it out, she didn't know if that was successful.

Her stomach growled.

Eventually she stopped her pacing and stood at the metals bars, looking outside. It felt like her situation was just getting worse.

"Damnit!" In frustration her hand came down on the bars, causing a loud noise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Aegis

- Marcus -

Marcus focused on the rhythmic clattering of the weights as he repeatedly pressed them upwards, then let them fall back to his chest. Even a few days ago, this would have been entirely too much for him to lift, but now, he had little trouble with it. In fact, the steady motions had become somewhat comforting.

"That's pretty impressive."

He jerked at the voice, nearly dropping the weights backwards as he dropped them into the cradle over the bench. "Geez. Don't sneak up on a person like that."

Alina stepped past the bench, wearing a smirk. "I'll give you an A for physical power, but I'm pretty sure that's an F for awareness."

"Didn't realize this was a test." Marcus grumbled as he sat up and stretched his shoulders out, pulling back one arm, then the other, to get the kinks out.

"Life is a test, my young friend." Alina quipped as she stepped up onto a running track and powered it on. He watched her for a moment, contemplating that. Apparently, he must have zoned out because the sound of Alina clearing her throat pulled him back to reality.

"It's rude to stare at a woman's chest."

"I wasn't... I was just lost in thought." He sputtered, pushing himself to his feet.

"I know." Alina responded with a grin. "But it was funny to see you freak out about it. Best be working on that awareness."

Rolling his eyes, Marcus flipped his towel over his shoulder and headed for the showers. She might have a point though. His focus had been off ever since his awakening, and he wasn't sure what he could do to correct that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Palace

Keynes contemplated a cigarette as he sat amidst his peers. Of course, there were other things on his mind, namely the two reports that had turned up on his desk earlier that morning. One of them had been moderately amusing. The other... Well, it had been confusing. So much of the report had been redacted that he'd needed to make a request through an office with a higher clearance.

The voices of the other people in the room blended together in monotonous chaos. Yeah, he definitely needed a cigarette. "No good with come from meeting with the Old Guard." Keynes deadpanned, glancing at the other council members. "Sure, to the public, it'll look like we're trying to make nice, but let's be honest. We're not going to give them what they're asking for. This administration isn't a dictatorship. Anyone who suggests the reinstatement of one at this point is asking for another insurrection. The people are already on edge with all of the anti-strain conversations, and while we should be looking for viable solutions to the civil unrest, we're instead arguing about how best to deal with a conference that means nothing to the general public."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think someone was..." His voice trailed off as the realization hit him. Someone was leading them around on a string. The current administration had never tread water like it was now. Even when they couldn't agree, decisions were still made in a timely manner. The timing of it all was too precise, too methodical.

Keynes pushed himself from his chair and moved towards the door, giving both Jax and Raidon a concerned look along the way. "I apologize. Something came up that requires my immediate attention." He called over his shoulder.

As soon as he was out in the hallway, Keynes pulled out his comm and punched in a few swift commands. The screen read out a report of the tracking isotope he'd smeared onto Maxim during their brief handshake. Pushing another button, he spoke into the comm. "Lambda, I need a lift." Any thoughts of that cigarette were long forgotten now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:36 am

Aegis
Luke Jaron

Luke was up early, and he was mediating. These days he felt at ease, and he felt good. For some reason, he was bursting with positive energy.

Why? Luke asked himself, and he smiled as the faces of others came to his mind. And, of course, the thought of his friend, Mark, came to his mind as well.

Perhaps, he was really moving forward and not chaining himself. He wasn't really sure why he still felt little uneasy when he was with Lenka though.

Then again, he shrugged it off. He started to accept it that Lenka was pretty and that itself made him uneasy. But, what about others? Thought Luke, thinking about Rise, Alina, and Lisa; Luke scratched his head. He was not so sure... Perhaps they were like older sister to him?

In any case, Luke stood up and left the isolated room. He was not so sure, what the room was used for, but he could tell it wasn't just room. Perhaps, it was a room where Aegis came together and discussed how to tackle everyday?

He was not so sure. Besides, he got himself to this room cause he was awake earlier than anyone else. Luke started to humming and walked towards the kitchen.

________________________________________________________________________________

Caltha - Outskirts
Nadenka Orlov

Nadenka was not so sure what happened, but when something embraced her and hold her, she could not resist the temptation to hold it tight as well.

It was warm and it made her feel safe... And it's well muscled back...

Nadenka opened her eyes, blinking. She realized what, no, who she was embracing it tightly. She could feel her face turning red and she definitely felt her heart started its race.

Was she really falling for him? She knew that answer after she got off from the train, but she was sure that this was not the best time to burden Alexei nor herself with such emotion.

She had to get out, or make herself free from... But did she want her freedom now? The warmth from Alexei was too much for her to let it go. The thought that she might not have this chance after the rescue... Perhaps, she should enjoy it while she could?

But then, Nadenka knew so well how much this mission meant for Alexei. She was not going to let Alexei miss his chance to save his comrade; if he was going to miss it, she was not going to be the reason why he miss such opportunity. She wanted to be the reason why and how he was able to save his friend.

Nadenka calmed down her heart, taking control of her emotion. "Hey~" Said Nadenka, to Alexei's ears. It was quite an effort cause of how tight he was holding her, and how tall he was compare to Nadenka. Nevertheless she was able to bring her face close to Alexei's ear. "Time to wake up." Unfortunately, what she couldn't control was her affection in her voice. She was definitely falling for him in every moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:13 am

Aegis

- Rise -

"Morning," Rise said, beaming. "Yep, still sleeping."

Lenka didn't look quite as good as she sounded, but if she could make the effort to stay in good mood, that was something. Seeing her cross over to Alex and speaking openly despite what had happened the night before brought a smile to Rise's face.

Alex returned Lenka's smile. "Yeah, I'm Alex. It's nice to meet you too. You're James' sister, right? I didn't even know he had one when we were on the run."

He bit his lip and looked down at her hands on the table.

"Are you... okay?" he asked softly. "Awakening your strain... I never wanted to put anyone in that kind of position."

He knew he was letting his old fears begin to show again, so he swallowed and forced himself to meet her eyes.

Old Guard

- Maxim -

Kurik seemed to be taking to his new role admirably, but that was no surprise to Maxim. He wouldn't have undertaken this endeavour if he didn't believe in Kurik's ability.

Ariana looked up at Kurik's question, but her eyes flickered to Maxim first before falling on Kurik. "No, I'm... fine."

She turned toward the window and stared out over the horizon. Maxim watched her a moment, then glanced at Belo.

"Belo, keep guard over High Lady Adalia and attend to her needs," he said, certain that the agent would understand the implication that she wasn't to be let out of his sight. "I need to speak with Lord Commader Kurik a moment."

Maxim inclined his head in an empty gesture of reverence to Ariana before leaving the room with Kurik. He waited until they reached the private conference room, where he was sure they would not be overhead, before turning to Kurik.

"I'm sure you have questions," he said.

Caltha - Palace

- Raidon -

Raidon and Jax exchanged looks as Keynes abruptly departed the chamber. Jax hadn't been looking at Keynes when his face had suddenly clouded, but Raidon had. And he felt certain Keynes had come to the same realization he had.

"Keynes is right," Serena said, standing to her feet. "The Old Guard is on their way, and there's nothing to do but meet them and draw the line in the sand. In the meantime, we must prepare to draft legislation on strain regulation. We'll convene this afternoon to work on that. In the meantime, I would like Chief Mathis, Minister Durmail, Commander Barton, and Commander Sarasin to accompany me to the meeting with the Old Guard."

The other Council members stood and nodded as Serena swept from the room. Her appointed committee followed after her, with Jax bringing up the rear.

"Stay sharp," Raidon murmured as he passed.

"You too," Jax whispered back. "And keep an eye on our guest."

Raidon watched Jax's broad back disappear from the chamber, then headed out toward the prison. In the hallway, he turned the corner just as Lambda suddenly appeared in front of Keynes.

Maybe he was being paranoid, but if Keynes was working on the same wavelength he was, it best not to ask questions out in the open.

"I hope your business doesn't keep you too long," he said to Keynes. "Good luck."

He continued on to the prison, just in time to her Ehlana swear and slam her hands against the bars.

"Is this a bad time?" he asked dryly.

Kappal Mines - Outskirts

- Lambda -

Other than Kokonoe, there was only one person who could request Lambda's help at any time, and that was Keynes. Lambda wasn't always sure what her relationship to Kokonoe was akin to - older sister, mother? - but with Keynes' marriage to her, that indefinable relationship extended to him as well, and their daughter.

"Hello," Lambda said in her silvery voice as she appeared like a metallic agel in front of Keynes. "Do you need to see Kokonoe?"

That didn't appear to be the case at all as Keynes relayed a location on the other side of the country. Nodding, Kokonoe activated her Traesto strain, and the world vanished around them.

When they reappeared, they were in the outskirts of the Kappal Mines. Activity could be heard from nearby, past the outcropping of rocks they had teleported behind.

"What are you looking for?" Lambda asked, her ruby gaze piercing past the layers of rock to gaze at the hubub nearby.

Caltha - Outskirts

- Alexei -

"Time to wake up."

A warm, sweet voice in his ear. Alexei opened his eyes and found himself staring at Nadenka, wrapped in his embrace. Whether from surprise or something else, Alexei's arms refused to release her.

"Good morning," he said, his husky morning voice rumbling through his chest.

He gazed at her and knew he that in the next second he was either going to move or kiss her. Kicking his muscles back to life, Alexei released her and sat up, scratching nonchalantly at his chin.

"We'll need to do something about breakfast," he supplied.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Aegis
Luke Jaron

Luke entered the kitchen when Alex just asked Lenka about her awakening. Luke closed his lips, and his ears and eyes were focused on Lenka's lips; he was not sure why, but it looked like he was definitely curios about her answer.

However, he knew too well that staring at them may make them feel uncomfortable so he decided to act little casual and busy.... Acting like he was looking at something...

But his eyes kept looking at the direction of Alex and Lenka.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Old Guard
Belobog Volkov, "Belo"

Belobog nodded in response to Maxim's order and stood beside Lady Adalia; he was going to make sure Lady Adalia 'safe' and he was going to make sure she was under his protection.

Then, it was not like Belobog did not have any idea of what Adalia was going through. To be fair, Belobog had been orphan and had no home for long time. He finally found home in the army.

Imagine, losing all that in one day. Belobog would have shivered if Adalia was not with him.

The girl was strong though. She still managed to put her act together. Perhaps, she could become much more than a pawn. Perhaps not a queen, but a king. The puppet King.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Caltha - Outskirts
Nadenka Orlov

She was quite surprised when Alexei did not release her when he woke up. She thought that it would definitely surprise him and he would let her go with surprised look.

But what surprised her the most was that every part of her wanted Alexei's kiss. The sudden disappointment really surprised her. Was she so desperate?

In any case, the comment about breakfast quickly brought her back. "Come, there's actually a bar that is not watched carefully by the government. It also serves breakfast. Let's get our stomach full and bust out your friend." She said cheerfully, ready to lead her teddy bear to his breakfast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Aegis

– Lenka –

„Yes, James is my older brother,” Lenka replied. “And he’s not known for his chattiness, so I’m not surprised, he never mentioned me.”

Lenka took a sip of her tea. For some reason Alex’ mood seemed to change suddenly to a more somber tone. Her brows furrowed. It certainly wasn’t anything she’d said. With mood swings like that, no wonder this guy became depressed, she thought and gave him a warm smile.

“Of course I’m okay,” she said. “According to Lisa, my strain awakening was long overdue anyways, so I guess I should be thanking you for jump-starting the whole process.” Lenka gave him a grin.

“Besides, at least that means, James might take me seriously now,” with her joking tone, it didn’t quite sound like she really believed that.

------------------------------------------------------------

Old Guard

– Kurik –

Kurik followed Maxim out the room. He stood by the window, his back to the other man. After a few seconds of silence he turned around.

“Questions?” Kurik replied, looking serious. “No, I’m more upset.”

“How can you do this to me?” he asked accusingly. “I never wanted to be a center piece in your game. And certainly not without forewarning.”

“What am I supposed to do now? We have a meeting with the Electorate Council. That includes representatives of the Army. And the Army thinks I’m dead. Surely they will find out who I am.”

Kurik paused and took a deep breath. Surely Maxim would have a plan for this.

“I think it’s time you clue me. I’m not sure how many more surprises I can take,” he admitted, sounding calmer.

------------------------------------------------------------

Caltha - Palace

– Ehlana –

Ehlana’s eyes shot up and she glared at Raidon when he suddenly appeared. However it only lasted a few seconds before she relaxed. She sighed and leaned against the wall.

“Not really,” she replied non-chalantly, “I’ve got all day.”

There was a short pause.

“Which is part of the problem,” Ehlana continued. “I’ve been stuck in this tiny cell for over 30 hours now. You said your Grand Council would question me. That hasn’t happened. You said someone might be trying to kill me, well nothing has happened.”

Her stomach growled again.

“I’m going crazy here. Just give me something to do,” she tried to keep a pleading tone from her voice. “Or at least tell me what’s going on.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Aegis

- Rise -

Rise sighed and shook her head. Luke was trying to be discreet, but it couldn't be more obvious that he kept staring over at Alex and Lenka - particularly, Lenka.

Honestly, between him and Marcus, she just wanted to knock their heads together and get them to spill their feelings already.

"If you're trying to be discreet, you'll have to try a little harder," Rise said, poking Luke in the cheek. "If you want to talk to her, just... talk to her."

– Alex –

Alex bit his lip, but he kept his eyes on Lenka.

"You... you do know what those strains are, don't you?" he asked. "And you want to keep it?"

He wasn't sure how much James and the others had told her about what they'd learned, about the true nature of magic strains. Maybe he'd blurted out something in his ramblings about it, and maybe she'd picked up on it, but he couldn't be sure of either.

"You don't need magic for people to take you seriously," he said firmly.

Caltha - Outskirts

- Alexei -

"Breakfast sounds good," Alexei said, pleased to see Nadenka's cheerfulness. How much was honest and how much was still a facade, he couldn't be sure.

But still, smiles suited her.

After they'd gone to the bar Nadenka suggested and ordered their food, Alexei contemplated Nadenka.

"You still have much Russian to teach me," he said. "Tell me more."

Caltha - Palace

– Raidon –

Raidon nodded, his expression pensive.

"Yes, I'm concerned about that," he mused, half to himself, and half to her. "They should have interrogated you right away, but somehow, it keeps getting delayed and pushed off and forgotten. I think..."

He trailed off as Ehlana's stomach growled.

"Apologies," he said, managing to keep a straight face. "I ordered no food to be brough to you. I couldn't be sure if it might get poisoned. Of course, I didn't plan for your incarceration here to last this long."

He'd have to find some food to bring to her that he could be sure was safe. In the meantime though, filling her in on the situation might prove useful.

"The Old Guard are on their way to the capital to discuss negotiations," he said. "I don't know what either side can really accomplish with this meeting, but it seems unavoidable at this point."

He gauged her reaction carefully, wondering how she'd react to this news.

Old Guard

- Ariana -

"You."

Ariana looked up from her seat and fixed her eyes blankly on Belo.

"Do you have a family? Back where you come from?"

Old Guard

– Maxim –

Maxim gazed at Kurik's broad back, turned determinetly toward him. He knew Kurik wouldn't take this development well, but that was one of the reasons why it had to be this way.

Maxim smiled wistfully once Kurik had finished venting his frustrations and fears.

"You're not a center piece in this game, Kurik," Maxim said softly. "You're THE center piece. From the start, it's been about you."

Maxim tucked his hands into the pockets of his labcoat and gazed out toward the window, his eyes distant.

"Since you came to us in Arusia, I guess you could say I've been enamored with you. There was something different about you, something special I hadn't seen in any of my years in Arusia or in our years of studying Kaddath. Someone who understands the people of Kaddath and Arusia, someone who can and should lead not by virtue of his title or birthright but by his character... I can't think of anyone else who better fulfills such high standards."

He turned his eyes back to Kurik and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could have told you, but you'd never have agreed to it - another reason why it should be you. I believe you'll come to accept it with time though."

He reached out tentatively and placed a hand on Kurik's shoulder.

"There's no need to worry. Whether the Army realizes who you are or not, there's no one who can touch you now, Lord Commander."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Aegis

- Lenka -

Lenka glanced over when Luke came into the kitchen. He was looking towards them with an evident expression of hidden curiosity on his face. A half-smile tugged on Lenka's lips. It was clearly the expression of someone who was trying not to listen, yet found the subject quite interesting. There were countless times where she'd had the same expression on her face while listening in on another conversation.

She turned her attention back to Alex and now it was her turn to look at him with incredulous eyes.

"Of course I want to keep it," she said, even though she wasn't sure of that. Heck, she wasn't even sure she could control it. However, those were her cards now and she would deal with them.

"And yes, I know what those strains are. I know where they come from..." she said.

"So what?" her voice sounded challenging.

"Does that mean I should be afraid of it?" she asked. Well, maybe she was a little bit afraid of it.

"Or that I should get rid of it as soon as possible?" Certainly what James and other well meaning people would advise her to do.

Alex' last sentence made her stop. "Here's the thing, I feel like I need this. Why? Well, I'm not so sure of that myself." Lenka shrugged.

"I might not need magic per se, but this is a huge change for me. And changes always have an effect, not only at the cause, but at everything around them. So maybe I don't need the power a strain brings, but this is a chance for me. A chance to grow, to embrace the change. And I'm not gonna pass this up just because some people had a bad experience with it."

These words, delivered with balance of kindness and determination, made it clear she wasn't going to change her mind any time soon.

--------------------------------------
Old Guard

- Kurik -

Kurik's shoulders fell a little when he heard Maxim's words. From all the possibilities, this was the most unexpected.

Still, it was a brilliant plan.

"As always, you are pure genius," Kurik said slowly. "And while I feel very honored by all the faith and trust you put in me....I just don't know if I can do it."

"Even after two years, I still carry so much hate towards Kaddath inside of me." Kurik explained. "How am I ever supposed to overcome this and become true to the character you so idealize?"

Maxim was right, if he had known beforehand, he never would have agreed to this.

It was too late now and while he didn't know how and if this would work out, he realized, he still trusted Maxim.  With the realization of the true meaning of his position, there was a hint or a glimpse of a thought too faint to be fully grasped, but it showed him the possibilities. They would do what was best for Arusia. And maybe this would also be the way to his revenge.

When he felt his friends' hand on his shoulder, he put his own hand over it and straightened up with a more determined look in his eyes.

"Fine," he finally said. "Let's do this then. Tell me the plan. I'm not going unprepared into this meeting with Kaddath."

"And don't ever call me Lord Commander again," he added, his tone much lighter than before.

--------------------------------------
Caltha - Palace

- Ehlana -

His apology appeased her and that bothered her. They were supposed to be the enemy and their apologies shouldn't mean anything to her. But somehow it did.

"Hunger is nothing compared to the boredom," she said, closing the subject.

"The Old Guard?" Ehlana looked surprised. "What are they negotiating for? Or rather who are they negotiating with? I thought you removed your High General from power?"

With the little information she had received in the past couple of days, it was difficult to process the situation, but it didn't sound like something the Old Guard would do. She'd met them and neither Farrington nor Lady Adalia appeared to have the patience to partake continuously in negotiations.

So, maybe Maxim was pulling the strings. Yes, that made more sense and it would change everything.

"Are you sure they are meeting with the Old Guard?" she asked, looking serious. Obviously, she was doubting Raidon's intel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:23 am

Old Guard
Belobog Volkov, "Belo"

Belobog's train of thought was disrupted by Lady Adalia; even though, she was a powerless child, Belobog, however was not going to be disrespectful unlike how old guards act towards Arusian people.

"No, ma'am. I have no blood family. In fact, I have lost the two people who were like my family."

Belobog was not so sure, if he should add more...

"They were sacrificed for the better future of Arusia. I won't make their sacrifice go waste."

________________________________________________________________________________

Caltha - Outskirts
Nadenka Orlov

Nadenka was not so sure how to respond to what Alexei said to her, in fact, she really wanted to spend more time teaching him Russian.

However, she also knew that it was important that they quickly take action to rescue Alexei's friend. "You know, if we are not in that hurry, I would love to teach you more." said Nadenka sweetly, "But to bust your friend out, we really need to move. If she gets transferred to the one of the high secured prison, it's going to be harder for us to rescue her." Nadenka smiled bitter-sweetly. "So, you ready to save your friend?"

She asked Alexei, asking for his determination to see this through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:37 am

Aegis
Luke Jaron

When Rise poked his cheek and talk about speaking to Lenka, Luke's face blushed. "Was I, ummm, too obvious?" He asked her in whisper. Then, when Lenka made a statement about her strain and the change, and about how she was going to embrace it... Luke could not help himself but stare at Lenka with admiration and with affection that he did not know he had for her.

Of course, he came back to earth as soon as Lenka finished her words, well, not so fast as he would have liked. In any case, clearing his throat silently as possible, turning his back to act like if he was searching something, he gave his head a gentle shake. "Well... I don't know what I should talk about...? I mean, she's definitely going through a huge change, and it looks like she's taking it all well. What roles could I possibly play to help her out?" said Luke to Rise, his voice giving it away the admiration and affection he had for Lenka, but also, lack of self-confidence.

Luke gave silent sigh, then asked Rise, "How did James approached you?" Perhaps, James way of approaching Rise could be the point of reference? Or was he truly thinking such a way? He was not so sure, but he was sure want to move the subject to something else before Lenka catches him talking about her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:05 am

Kappal Mines - Outskirts

- Keynes -

"I'll know what I came for when I find it." Keynes responded as he pulled a tactical mask over his face, hiding his features.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice." He put a hand on Lambda's shoulder. Despite her robotics, it was easy to think of her as just another one of the recruits under his command, and a very well equipped one at that. He'd always had a soft spot for his students though, and Lambda was no different in that sense.

"Initiate overwatch protocol. Stream structural data and heat signatures to my comm, but do not enter the facility. If I get captured, run risk evaluation of possible detection before attempting extraction. Set parameters to strict. I don't want to compromise you if I get made. Confirm."

Keynes waited for Lambda's nod before giving her shoulder a squeeze. "Under no circumstances are you to make Kokonoe aware of this operation. All details of this operation are considered classified, level five. Confirm." The only source of information he could trust right now was himself, and he wasn't above getting his hands dirty.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Aegis

- Marcus -

Does that mean I should be afraid of it?

Or that I should get rid of it as soon as possible?

I feel like I need this.

Marcus took a deep breath before pushing through the kitchen door, Lenka's words still resounding in his mind. Hell of a way to get perspective. He wondered if she realized how loudly she'd said that, or how much of an effect it might have on someone who had been feeling the exact same way for several weeks. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, Lenka had a lot of courage beneath her soft features.

"You're feisty this morning." Marcus quipped as he passed behind Lenka's chair on the way to pour himself a cup of tea. He inspected the various things on the counter before grabbing a pouch of dried fruits and a pack of crackers. Only after he'd turned around did he realize that he'd actually said that out loud, and he had no idea how she would react to it.

Well, maybe it was time for him to grow a spine too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Aegis

- Alex -

Alex stared down at the table, reflecting on Lenka's words. He folded and unfolded his hands, unsure how best to respond to what she'd said.

"Overlimits," he murmured to himself.

It was something scientists still had dificulty understanding - and it was the one thing they had that was able to stop the Leviathan.

Because it wasn't something it gave them, some external pollutant. It was something born from their own growth and change and willpower.

He'd be lying if he said the magic strains still didn't scare him. But he'd forgotten to remind himself of all the good they could do. Rise had healed and saved people countless times with her Dia strain. And they would never have liberated Kaddath from Legion and the Army, or saved it from the Leviathan.

"I hope..." he struggled for words. "I hope it changes your life for good."

Aegis

- Luke Jaron -

Rise sighed. Luke actually had to ask if he was too obvious. The poor guy was helpless.

"Just listen," she advised. "Don't go in there with an agenda, trying to act or be a certain way. Just show that you care."

Then Luke asked how James approached her. She opened her mouth, then had to laugh.

"Uhh... well, he didn't so much really. I mean, he was always there, trying to be comforting and helpful and supportive. It wasn't till I was able to move past my own romantic hangups that I saw him for who he really was. And when I was ready... then I made the first move."

She smiled faintly. In her mind, she could recall treating him to dinner after a big concert. They'd walked down the streets afterward, gazing up at the moon. And when she'd looked into his eyes and saw all the pent-up hopes and feelings behind his eyes, everything inside her swelled up with the desire to break it all free. He'd opened up his mouth to say something, and she pressed her lips to his instead.

Realizing that she'd started daydreaming, cheeks flushed, Rise cleared her throat and looked back at Luke when Marcus strolled into the kitchen and dropped an eye-raising line.

"You're feisty this morning."

Rise stared at him, wide-eyed. Oh, he was getting bold. Maybe he just had needed to work himself up to it. Either way, she felt a confession was coming from someone very soon.

Caltha - Palace

- Raidon -

Raidon sighed and shook his head.

"High General Grey has temporarily stepped down," he admitted. "However, the Grand Council is still functional, and an interim head has stepped up to lead in the meantime."

Surely, her knowledge of the government couldn't be that limited to assume that the country's leader stepping down would entirely disrupt the government.

"Are you sure they are meeting with the Old Guard?" she asked, looking serious.

Raidon stared back, brow furrowing.

"Who else would they be meeting with?" he asked carefully. "Is there something you know?"

Caltha - Outskirts

- Nadenka Orlov -

Alexei frowned.

"Of course, but..." He looked around. "Isn't infiltration during the day risky?"

He did want to hurry, but he also couldn't take unnecessary risks that might put them - specifically Nadenka - in danger.

Kappal Mines - Outskirts

- Keynes -

Lambda nodded, surprised by Keynes' thanks. Denying him help never even crossed her mind. Being able to help him and the others of Aegis with teleportation and battle was something she prided herself on - something only she could do, the one advantage she had as a machine.

"You're welcome," she said, smiling.

"Initiate overwatch protocol. Stream structural data and heat signatures to my comm, but do not enter the facility. If I get captured, run risk evaluation of possible detection before attempting extraction. Set parameters to strict. I don't want to compromise you if I get made. Confirm."

Lambda's expresion shifted to neutral as she received Keyne's command. When he had finished, she nodded.

"Affirmative."

Keynes gave Lambda's shoulder a squeeze. "Under no circumstances are you to make Kokonoe aware of this operation. All details of this operation are considered classified, level five. Confirm."

Lambda's expression betrayed her a moment, a faint flicker of surprise before she pressed her lips together and nodded. "Affirmative."

Witholding information from Kokonoe was a first, but she trusted that Keynes knew what he was doing. Taking covert positioning, Lambda waited in standby mode for Keynes.

Old Guard

- Ariana -

Ariana looked up as Belo spoke, her expression impassive.

"No, ma'am. I have no blood family. In fact, I have lost the two people who were like my family."

He must be talking about the two agents, whatever their names were.

"They were sacrificed for the better future of Arusia. I won't make their sacrifice go waste."

"There's a difference, you know," she said quietly. "Between sacrificing yourself and being sacrificed. One is a martyr, the other's a victim."

She looked away. There was no point explaining this to him. She had no illusions about how this was going to end for either of them.

Old Guard

- Maxim -

Maxim smiled as Kurik placed a hand over his own. Any shred of doubt was obliterated by that gentle touch. This was the right path, he was sure of it.

Kurik didn't hate Kaddath - he hated the injustices it had perpetrated. And once he was in the position to right those wrongs, those scars he still bore deep inside would finally mend.

He smiled at Kurik's dismissal of the term "Lord Commander" - such an impossibly pompous title didn't suit him at all - and sat down at the conference table.

"All right then. Here's what you need to know..."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 am

Aegis

– Lenka –

„Thanks,“ Lenka beamed at Alex. “I’ll work hard to make sure of that.”

Well at least she would try. She could handle this. No. She would handle this.

A moment earlier, Marcus had come in. His comment caught her off guard and she stared at him for a second. When did he become so forward.

A smile played around her lips and her expression softened. Maybe there was more to him than she thought.

Lenka inclined her head a little. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“How did you sleep?”

------------------------------------------

Caltha - Palace

– Ehlana –

Ehlana crossed her arms. Maybe this was her chance. This once again proved that it everything was a negotiation, even from her completely disadvantageous position.

“If I tell you some of what I know,” she began. “Then I want assurances.”

“When all this is over, I am not prepared to rot the rest of my life away in a dark hole with no chance of ever seeing outside again. I can get that where I came from. So I want to know there is a silver lining to my situation.”

Ehlana hesitated. She never wanted to betray Arusia. But somehow, it didn’t feel like she had any other choice. Did she really want to do this?

She took a deep breath, waiting for Raidon’s confirmation.

“I’ve met Lady Ariana and Commander Farrington. They are not the most patient people and that they would come back to negotiate?” Ehlana shook her head. “Do they really seem like they have that much foresight or patience?”

“The Old Guard is not working alone,” Ehlana finally said. “They are backed by someone from my country. A brilliant mind too. I bet he is pulling the strings. If that is the case, you and your half-crippled government might be in trouble.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Aegis

- Marcus -

"It was meant as one." Marcus grinned as he dropped into a chair beside her, taking a quick sip of his tea.

"Hot." He muttered, blowing on the steaming liquid a few times, then sitting the cup on the table.

"Sleep isn't something that I get a lot of these days." His eyes drifted to Alex for a moment. "I think your new friend here might understand that better than most."

"It's getting better though."
Marcus continued before the other man could say anything in response.

"I'd ask how your night went, but the fact that you look like you sat up all night cramming for an exam you forgot about kinda says it all."

"Not that it's a bad look." Marcus continued, taking another sip of tea. "I've sported it more than a few times in the last year myself, but your usual sunshine look is better."

------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

When her comm buzzed, Alina considered ignoring it. She was ten minutes into a good run, and she still had another ten to go. When it buzzed a second time, she sighed and punched the button to stop the running track.

Wiping away the sweat on her face with the towel draped over her shoulders, grabbed the comm and flipped it on. "Hig---." She cleared her throat, cutting off the thought. "Commander Grey."

"Minister Allenby requested the following information. As we are currently unable to reach him with it, and he made it clear that this information was time sensitive, we're forwarding it to your comm. Please acknowledge."

"Of course." Alina stepped off the track and pushed another button on her comm to open up the display. "Thank you."

The transmission cut off without another response, but the data file opened on her screen.

Less than a minute later, Alina's comm dropped to the gym floor, and she followed it down, falling on her knees. "Irony really is a bitch..." Alina muttered, sniffing to try and hold back tears. She'd already cried enough in the last week.

After a moment, she forced herself to her feet and moved towards the showers, her workout long forgotten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Luke Jaron

Luke smiled at Rise as she started her daydreaming; perhaps, if he does fall in love, he might do the same?

Then Marcus came in and commented. There was a feeling of defeat inside him for some reason, but it was not too bad. Perhaps, he was starting to understand what he was feeling towards Lenka.

In any case, with a smile, Luke left the kitchen. Even though, it wasn’t a bad feeling, he could sense that there’s frustration in him. Marcus looked like he was able to come with terms with his emotion, and feeling towards Lenka. While Luke, himself, was not even sure what he was feeling until he saw how Marcus and Lenka interacted together.

Luke sighed, and was able to smile still, “Just wish them best, Luke, just wish them best.” He commented and decided to do some rage workout.

Nadenka Orlov

Nadenka shook her head, “You are wrong.” Said Nadenka, “At night, they have a tighter security. Matter of fact, I bet she’s rarely going to have visitors, so security in afternoon is going to be close to zero. Perhaps they have security camera, but that’s probably it.” She smiled, “If we follow the path, and be able to fool the camera for a good 20 minutes, we all would be out from that place safely.” Nadenka looked at Alexei, “You still figuring out what to do when you have your friend back?” She asked.

Belobog Volkov

“I know the difference ma’am.” Said Belobog, “But, if I think otherwise, I would not able to move forward and I would not be able to fulfill my purpose.” Belobog was surprised at his own honesty, and he did his best to not to show it. “There’s an ancient book I have discovered in the tunnel. The author wrote ‘it is not what we see determine the next step, but what we believe it is true determine the next step’” Belobog did not say more. For some reason he was being too honest with her. Was it because of her situation? He wasn’t sure at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 33 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33