Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Ergo Research Lab
- Arya -

Arya felt relief and happiness rush through her when she heard his words and she exhaled audibly. A smile played around her lips. She hadn’t realised she’d held her breath.

Her green eyes searched for his grey ones and she smiled. He would try, that’s all she wanted.

His hand touched her stomach gently and suddenly it felt like he had placed a thousand butterflies in there.

Overwhelmed with feelings for him, she threw her arms around Raidon and pulled him close. “I love you,” she said and gave him a kiss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:37 am

Ergo Research Lab
Luke Jaron

Luke took deep breath in and out. He never felt so nervous before... Not even the fight with unknown enemy made him this nervous.

As he stepped in, it was Rise who greeted him first. She asked him about how his friend Mark was doing.

In Luke's head, he played it cool and apologize to all. Of course, in very calm manner. However, in reality, he could not do that.

He bowed where he could see everyone and where everyone could see him. "I am so sorry for acting immaturely, and apologize for all of my misbehavior! Please forgive me! And... and thank you for everything! Please, let me continue to help to fight those enemies we have encountered!"

Luke could feel his face turning little red as he said those lines; embarrassed and yet trying to put brave face. Perhaps, he shouted a bit louder than he thought?

In any case, he looked at others as he straightened his back; to see if he had apologized to them right. He bite his lips, still stiffen by his own nervousness then he looked at Rise.

"Could I talk to the prisoner? I want to say something to her, too.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:34 am

Ergo Research Lab

Raidon returned Arya's kiss, his hands holding onto her tightly.

"I love you, too," he murmured past her lips. Even now, though he felt the warm rush of happiness in holing her like this, the lurking dread and doubt was still there beneath the surface.

Maybe it would take time. Maybe it would never go away. For now, all he could do was wait.

-------------------------

Rise wasn't sure what to expect when Luke entered, but the blustering apology wasn't it. She grinned and bit her lip to keep from laughing.

So this was the real Luke then, beneath all the angst. He was a total dork in the best possible way.

"Apology accepted," she said brightly, waving him over. "Come on, sit."

Luke came over to the table to join them and took a seat on Rise's other side. Jax nodded to him and smiled.

"You can talk to the prisoner tomorrow," he said. "I'll give you a chance to say whatever you need to before I get her transported back to the capital."

"In the meantime," Rise continued. "Eat up!"

She slid a bowl in front of him, then hurried over to the counter and retrieved the roast.

"Now, on to the main course," she announced, setting it on the table. Jax hummed appreciatively, watching intently like a cat about to pounce as she cut up the roast.

"Dig in," Rise said, standing back. Jax was the first to serve himself, while the others all reached for their own helpings. Rise watched them all, feeling a warm rush of happiness and pride.

Even if it was only for tonight, she'd made this possible. Even if it was only for tonight, they were one big, happy family.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 am

Day 3

Ergo Research

- Jax -

To no one's surprise, Jax was the first one up the next day. He was already dressed in his uniform and on his way to check on the prisoner by the time the others started waking up.

"I'll be transporting you to Caltha this morning," he told Ehlana when he'd entered the room where she was being held. "The High General and the Grand Council will want to speak with you themselves."

He looked down at her, his grey eyes hard.

"There's someone else who wants to talk to you first though. The friend of one of the people you turned into Redcapes."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:31 am

Arusian
- Ehlana -

Ehlana startled awake when the door suddenly opened and the bright lights turned back on. Had she actually fallen asleep in this position? Apparently yes, her neck was complaining when she looked up to meet Jax’s eyes.

She felt tired and probably looked the part too.

The first bit of news wasn’t surprising to her, he’d already announced it last night. However when he told her someone else wanted to talk to her, she actually looked surprised. She remembered the guy he was talking about. The kid with the red hair who had a bit of a temper. Well that could only mean one of two things…

“Did the Redcape die?” she asked curiously, trying to find out if they had managed to save it. There was no emotion in her voice, no hint whether she would feel regret or rejoice depending on the answer.

----------------------------

Ergo Research
- James -

James looked at Rise’s sleeping form and then at the clock. 4 am…great. He frowned. He’d been trying to avoid working all night when Rise was here.

Out of nowhere Matty, his friend and co-worker, had called last night with a problem only he could fix, so he’d felt obligated to help him out. It was important for their work. And of course it had taken longer than expected.

Quietly he slipped into bed and after breathing a kiss on her cheek, he pulled the blanket up hoping to catch at least a few hours of sleep.

- Lenka -

Lenka had woken up in the morning, feeling well rested. She got dressed, leaving her long blonde hair open, flowing around her shoulders. Still barefoot, she left her room and headed over to the lab to see if Mark was still there.

“I guess they moved him,” she said to herself because when she got there, she found the place empty. Apparently he had been moved to an intensive care unit. She was just about to turn around when something caught her eye.

“Oh yes,” she said with a triumphant smile. Lenka walked over to one of the tables and retrieved her camera. Finally.

Then she turned around, trying to see if she could find where Mark was being cared for.

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

It was early dawn and the first sun rays just broke over the horizon. Kurik was already sitting outside on a rock, just a stone throw away from the gate, where he could overlook the sunrise. Not that he had gotten up just for that. No, it was one of those nights where he couldn’t sleep and he’d been sitting out here for an hour or two, just staring at the night sky.

It was beautiful to him, especially now that he knew what it felt like if you couldn’t see it. This was all the more reason to help the Arusians, his friends and allies, obtain their goal. No one should be denied a life on the surface. More than ever he could feel that humans weren’t meant to live underground.

He sighed softly and leaned back, watching as more and more of the sun crept over the horizon. He would have to go back inside soon, work needed to be done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:50 am

Ergo Research Lab
Luke Jaron

"Two hundred, two hundred and one, two hundred and two..."

Luke was back to his routine warm-up that he had been doing all these years; the routine he had forgotten for days after the Mark's transformation took place.

Luke's hands were firm and arms were stretched, he slowly lifted his legs and straightened up. He could feel blood rushing to his head, but that did not stopped him. The stretched armed bend and brought his head closer to the ground, and stretched again to push his straightened up body to the upwards.

"One." He counted, however, he got distracted as he heard the foot steps, making him stop for a moment. He sighed, he realized that he was still being overly-sensitive.

In any case, he went down one more time counting two. Then he had his own alarm went off. It was time.

Luke quickly got himself on his feet again, and smiled faintly. "I will be back soon."Said Luke, leaving where his friend was resting.

As he left his friend, he saw Lenka who looked like looking for something or someone. Luke tried raised his hand, ready to call her name, but, fortunately, before he could call out her name to say 'good morning' he realized he was shirtless. He quickly withdraw from what he was about to do and rushed back where his friend was resting.

Perhaps, now he became too comfortable with this place? Luke's old sleeping habit of sleeping shirtless came back without Luke's realization. Who would have thought he came to see his friend without a shirt and he was going to leave shirtless?

Luke had to figure out somehow, "Oh, wait, she's not trained. I am sure I could pass her undetected.... As long as she's not standing in front of my door..." Luke sighed, then looked at his friend who was sleeping soundlessly. "You better pray for me. I do not want to be somehow branded as pervert after the apology I made yesterday." Said Luke smiling.

Luke breathed in and out, standing in front of the door. "Alright, let's do this." Said Luke, in manner of whisper, stepping out and ready to try his skill and luck to grab his shirt that he had left behind his room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:03 am

Ergo Research
- Lenka -

Unfortunately for Luke, Lenka had already advanced a few doors and was now standing in front of Mark’s door just as Luke came out.

A little startled when the door opened, she stopped on her heels. Then she recognised Luke, who seemed just as surprised or even a little shocked when he saw Lenka.

She couldn’t quite read his expression, however it looked so comical, that she instinctively raised her camera. Before Luke could even blink, she snapped a picture of his baffled expression.

“Where are you sneaking off to?” she asked, completely unaware that he had actually been trying to sneak out. At least now she knew she had the right room after searching around for quite some time.

“And why are you not wearing a shirt?” Lenka giggled. Completely unembarrassed, her eyes wandered over his features. He looked quite strong for being so slender.

“Is this where they moved your friend to?” she continued to ask and tried to peak into the room. “I came to see how he was doing,” she added with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:39 am

Ergo Research

Luke was baffled the moment he saw Lenka standing in front of him. But before he could even react to that situation, there was a click of camera.

Luke face turned pink, and surprised that she caught him from sneaking out."Sne...Sneaking off? N, no! I wa, wasn't!" He tried his best to hide his embarrassment, but he realized he completely failed as he stuttered. Luke sighed as she tossed out another question, he could definitely feel his face is hot. Was he sweating? He was not so sure. "I know it may sound stupid, but it's old sleeping habit of mine....to..to sleep shirtles..." Luke rubbed his neck, doing his best not to meet Lenka's eye, clearly embarrassed. Fortunately, the manner of how Lenka reacting towards him being shirtless made him somewhat calm. If she had screamed, he probably ran towards the corner to hide himself.

And before he could actually explain where he got that habit of his, Lenka fired another question. Luke smiled and nodded happily. "Yeah, this is the place." He gestured and invited Lenka to his sleeping friend.

Luke turned around to lead her. Luke was no longer embarrassed, or perhaps he had forgotten that he was shirtless. After all, the thought of introducing new friend to his best buddy was a great distraction.

Luke probably have forgotten about it, but as Luke turned around Lenka could see many deep cuts on Luke's back. It looked like old scars, but it did not look natural. Something or someone had given him the scar on his back; the moment Lenka noticed that she should be able to notice other scars on his body as well. Perhaps, those scars represented memories of two years ago...

It was after few steps that both arrived to the bed where Mark was sleeping. "Hey, Mark, I brought a new friend of mine." Said Luke, cheerfully. Then he gave out short sigh with a smile. "Lenka, Meet Mark, a friend who showed me the other side. Mark, meet Lenka, girl friend I met, I mean... I mean a friend I met, who happens to be a girl..." Said Luke, his skin tone quickly changing into pink again.

Luke cleared his throat, trying his best to stay calm and try to act like nothing happen. His skin tone was back to normal as well. "He is sleeping very well... I think... well, being redcape tired him a lot definitely...." And soon he smiled again as he saw his friend's peaceful face. "I am really grateful to you and all of your friends." Luke continued, "If it weren't for you all, I would have lost him." He smiled gently, looking at Lenka's direction. "Thank you for coming all this way to check on him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

Lisa sipped her coffee as she watched Jax and Ehlana from the window above. The woman reacted to his comment about Luke, but it was subtle. She was fishing for information. To see if she completed her task? Letting her think the Redcape was dead might give her a false sense of security, but it would also signal to her that there were no other sources of information. In this case, the truth was more forgiving for both parties. The fact that the Mark still lived meant she had failed, and that couldn't go over well with whoever she was working for.

"Lambda." She turned to the android also observing through the window. "Were you able to recover anything from the lab's cameras during the period of communications breakdown? Even audio only? She might have said or done something we can use to trick her into giving us more information. Miscommunication is our best ally here."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus, Keynes -

"Initiating cooldown..."

Marcus breathed heavily as the track beneath his feet slowed down, giving him the chance to stumble into a more regular pace.

"What exactly are you running from, boy?"

He turned in the direction of the voice, just in time for a towel to hit him in the face, and as he pulled it from over his head, Keynes stood before him, arms crossed.

"I'm not running from anything." Marcus responded, wiping the sweat from his face and neck as he continued to walk on the moving track.

Keynes regarded him in silence for a moment before nodding. "You're chasing something then?"

"I... Um..." Not sure how to respond to that, Marcus stepped off the machine, taking a moment to get his land legs back after so long on the moving track.

"You're either one or the other." Keynes said with a grin. "No one runs like that unless they're chasing something, or something is chasing them. So, which is it?"

"Chasing something is probably more accurate." Marcus mumbled.

"Don't sound so convinced of that boy."

"You just said..."

Keynes raised a hand to stop him from speaking. "I know what I said, but I'm not the one who needs to say it like I believe it."

Marcus blinked a few times, trying to process that. "I'm chasing something." He said, this time with more conviction.

"Good." The corner of Keynes' mouth tipped up in a grin. "Now get out there and chase it like you really mean it!" He gave Marcus a slap on the back as he climbed onto the moving track that had just been vacated. "And while you're at it, throw me a fresh towel!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Ergo Research
- Lenka -

“Silly…” Lenka said with a small laugh and shook her head when Luke explained his sleeping habit. He was clearly embarrassed to be caught in such a situation. This amused Lenka. It was kind of adorable. She was glad he had cheered up now that he knew his friend was safe.

She followed him into the room where Mark was sleeping peacefully in a bed. When Luke turned around, she did notice the scars on his back. It shocked her more than she wanted to admit and her expression fell a little. There were so many of them, but he wasn’t much older than she was. How did this happen? Remembering their conversation in the forest, it didn’t take a genius to figure out it must have something to do with the events from two years ago. That’s what he had hinted at back then.

Lightly she shook her head to clear her mind. As much as she wanted to ask about it now, this wasn’t the time or the place. There would be time for that later.

Lenka placed the smile back on her face and stepped up to the bed to take a closer look at Mark.
“Yes, it looks like he is resting well,” she said, “Hopefully he recovers quickly, so you can have your best friend back.”

She sat down in one of the chairs and pulled her knees up, snapping another picture of Luke as he looked at Mark with a smile.

“I think you deserve thanks too,” she said kindly, “If you hadn’t decided to fight for him to keep him from getting killed and later fought against him to capture him…” she shrugged, “…that was brave. Not everyone could have done that.”

“At any rate, I’m glad this worked out,” she said, her blue eyes looking at Luke.

“By the way, did you have a chance to talk to the prisoner yet?” she asked curiously, remembering the conversation from last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

Luke smiling widely, "Yup, can't wait to have this goofy guy back in my life." Said happily; he completely forgotten about he was being shirtless.

When Lenka complimented about how he deserves thanks and how it was brave of him to fight for his friend. he shook his head. Luke rubbed his neck, feeling little embarrassed by sudden compliments. He turned his face away as he responded, and shrugged "Nah, what I did back there? It was natural for me to be involved as much as I could." Then Luke faced Lenka, "but, to help a stranger for his selfish request. That's something." Luke continued. "Don't lose that rare quality of yours, that's probably something that this world needs the most." Then Luke unexpectedly had his golden eyes met Lenka's blue eyes. He wasn't sure why, but he was staring at her blankly until she asked him about talking to prisoner. Luke almost stumbled to invisible chair when he realized that he had caught himself off guard that he was staring at Lenka's eyes. Luke quickly turned pink, quickly balancing himself. Even though, he might have stared at her eyes for just one second, he felt that he had been rudely staring at her eyes for long time. "Oh, right! I totally forgot about that!" He quickly turned even pinker as he realized he was still shirtless. "Cou, could you look after my friend here? I, I will be, be right back!" Luke hurriedly left, leaving Lenka with Mark. Then he came back, "And so sor, sorry for spacing out!" then went out again.

Luke quickly made to his room and picked up the shirt that was dangling around on the bed. He wore it as he left, he hoped he was making in time to speak with the prisoner.

How long that had been? Luke was not so sure. He was definitely out of his breath when he reached where prisoner was. He knocked on the door that was standing between him and the prisoner. Luke took deep breath in and out. He hoped he was not too late to speak with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Ergo Research
- Jax, Luke, Ehlana -

“Did the Redcape die?” There was no emotion in the prisoner's voice, no hint as to where her curiosity came from.

"It's alive," Jax said. "They all are, actually - barely. Lambda was able to take the cure to the police searching for the Redcapes and get them turned back in time. They're in critical condition, but they might pull through."

There was a knock at the door. Jax looked over and waved Luke in. He gave the young man a sweep of his eyes for any signs of weapons - couldn't be too careful - but there didn't appear to be any.

"Go ahead," he told Luke. "She's all yours."

Jax moved back against the wall and crossed his arms, watching and waiting.

- Lambda, Lisa -

Lambda had returned early that morning, having been going all night to aid in the Redcape search. She'd taken a brief amount of time to recharge, but she didn't feel safe powering down for long while the prisoner was still at Ergo.

"Lambda. Were you able to recover anything from the lab's cameras during the period of communications breakdown? Even audio only? She might have said or done something we can use to trick her into giving us more information. Miscommunication is our best ally here."

Lambda turned to Lisa and shook her head.

"No communications were recovered," she said. "The captive had a radio-wave frequency device to communicate with the other assailants, but it was destroyed beyond recovery. Some of the researchers are attempting to study the parts, but it appears fruitless."

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

"It is quite a sight isn't it?" Maxim said, approaching Kurik. "Even to you overworlders."

He paused beside Kurik, his hands in the pockets of his labcoat.

"It's strange, you know. For my whole life, the concepts of 'morning' and 'afternoon' and evening' were completely arbitrary. They were just numbers on a display. They didn't seem to mean anything other than a way to keep schedule," he said.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:59 am

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

"Thanks, Jax." Luke smiled at Jax gently; Luke came forward to face the prisoner. "Hey, Rise told me that you have a name." Luke rubbed his neck, not so sure he was remembering it right. "Ehlana, was it?" Luke asked, and then he continued. "You know, I do not understand you. I just can't cause you have given us nothing. But, it was wrong of me to down play your cause. You probably was fighting for what you believe it was right, and probably that cause was just in your perspective..." Luke sighed, smiled weakly. "So, I am sorry... but I hope you could understand, I was acting with the belief what was right as well..." Luke bite his lips, hoping what he said would give her something to think about. "I am sure Jax probably have told you that my friend is alive and found cure for all redcapes." Luke smiled, "And I have also decided to forgive you." Luke eyes cast down, "You may be thinking that I am forgiving you cause my friend is well, but, even if he didn't make it, I have decided to forgive you." Luke's golden eyes looked at Ehlana, and his eyes showed sign of worry, "I do not know who you are working for, but, I have seen how some organization treated their agents..." Then Luke looked at Jax, he faced Ehlana and said to her in whisper. "I hope they would save you..." Luke bite his lips, and looked at Jax, hoping Jax did not hear that. Then he cleared his throat, trying to act like he said nothing much, then he gave out weary smile, "If they don't, I hope you really come to us. We may not be like your comrades, and I cannot say for everyone in Aegis... But, I have faith that you were doing it for a reason that really mattered. I really hope we could come to understanding and work things out." Luke sighed, "So sorry for boring you, but I really mean it." He smiled, "It was nice meeting you, Ehlana, and have a safe trip."

Luke turned around to Jax, and nodded. Luke slowly walked towards the exit. "Safe trip, Jax, and thank you." Said Luke, smiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:18 am

Ergo Research
- Lenka -

Luke seemed embarrassed by her words, downplaying his bravery. Maybe to distract from himself, he turned the conversation to her own involvement.

“Thanks,” Lenka said quietly. She didn’t feel his words were fully deserved. Had she really acted selfless when she decided to come along and help?

Suddenly he stood up, almost tripping over his feet to go see the prisoner. “Sure, I’ll watch him until you return,” Lenka reassured him.

And in another moment he was gone. Lenka leaned back in her chair and smiled. Luke really wasn’t so bad as long as he was in a good mood. Just how quickly would that change if she asked about his scars?

-----------------------

- Ehlana -

Ehlana’s mouth formed a hard line when Jax informed her that all of the Redcapes had been saved. She was disappointed and angry, mostly at herself. This was the first time one of her missions had failed so thoroughly.

There was a quiet knock on the door and when it opened, Luke stepped through. Her grey eyes watched him calmly. She didn’t know much about him, only what she had seen during the fight in the gorge and his emotional outburst in the lab.

He began to speak.

She didn’t know what to expect, but it certainly wasn’t that. Her eyes widened at his words and then she abruptly cast her eyes down, letting her bangs and short hair hide her expression.

“I don’t need your forgiveness or your pity,” she said with a hard voice when Luke had finished talking and turned to leave.

Ehlana was baffled and confused. Did these people not realise they were completely on opposite sides? That she had tried to kill them in earnest? What were they hoping to accomplish by being nice to her? Aegis had no power. Her fate would be decided by the government of Kaddath and they would certainly display a different attitude. Why? Why then were they still trying?

-----------------------

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

Kurik turned his head a little, not looking surprised. He’d heard Maxim’s approach.

He couldn’t help but smile at Maxim’s observation. “Yes,” he agreed. “This is my favourite time of day, just before the day becomes busy when the world wakes up slowly and peacefully.”

“Do you also think it’s beautiful?” he asked curiously as his eyes watched the cascade of colors change from hues of blue to hues of purple and orange.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

Nodding at Lambda's assessment, Lisa leaned against the window frame, frowning at the scene below her. The fact that Luke had entered the room didn't escape her attention, but what he had to say definitely drew her in. Maybe he wasn't quite as lost as she'd originally thought.

"Are you transporting the prisoner, or will Jax be taking her by standard means?" She asked without looking away from the scene beneath her. "I suspect the Council will want to expedite this process somewhat?" That seemed like the logical conclusion, given the gravity of the situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

- Keynes -

Huffing out shallow breaths, Keynes pumped his legs to keep up with the moving track. From across the room, he watched Marcus exit the gym, normally reserved for the more fitness-inclined researchers. If the reports were anything to believe, and considering James wrote them, they probably were, that kid had a monster trapped inside somewhere. That was definitely something worth running from.

Taking a deep breath, he forced himself to run faster.

It was possible that Marcus was also chasing something, but the kid didn't sound too convinced about what it might be. Sometimes, life felt like that though. Only a few years ago, Keynes himself had been running away from his life, from a reality he had spent too much time chasing, never realizing it had been within reach the whole time.

Hopefully, the kid wouldn't make the same stupid mistakes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Ergo Research
- Jax, Luke, Lenka -

Jax listened to Luke's speech, keeping his smile carefully muted. Well, the wonders never ceased. The kid had a big heart after all.

When Luke wished him a safe trip, Jax smiled and nodded. Once he had left, Jax walked over to Ehlana and attached a pair of stun cuffs to her wrists before unchaining her from the chair.

"Let's go," he told her. "And don't try anything. It's just going to end up painfully for you. Believe it or not, I'd rather avoid having to hurt you."

Jax led Ehlana out of the room and down the hallway toward the hanger.

-----------------------
Aegis

- Lambda, Lisa -

Lambda shook her head.

"Commander Mathis will be utilizing a compact transport ship to the capital," she said. "Kokonoe has need for me today. I need to help her transport the various Redcape victims to this facility for monitoring."

She smiled slightly as she added.

"Kokonoe made a point of insisting that I am her helper, not the Army's device. If I am to help them, it is through her good will, not any outside directive," she said. "I like to think she's... protecting me. But I like being useful."

-----------------------

Peterny - Old Guard HQ
- Maxim, Kurik -

Maxim smiled at Kurik's question.

"I would have to be blind not to," he said, squinting out toward the horizon. "Although, all the light still takes getting used to."

Maxim moved a little closer to stand beside Kurik.

"I wonder sometimes how well Arusia will be able to adjust to such a different lifestyle. It will be so different to everything they know."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 am

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

Luke simply just turned around and smiled at Ehlana once more before he finally left. As he got outside of the room, Luke sighed, perhaps it was his bad timing? Luke shook his head, he was not expecting much, but, it was sad to hear that Ehlana felt he was just pitying her.

Luke scratched his hair as he started to walk back where Mark was. Luke sighed lightly and entered the room.

"Hey, thank you for taking care of Mark." Said Luke as he come in, expecting Lenka to be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 am

Ergo Research
- Ehlana -

Ehlana stayed calm when Jax approached and unchained her. He did take a precaution and put a pair of stun cuffs on her. Probably a good idea on his part. Her fingers played with the short chain in between the cuffs. It actually felt good to be able to get out of this chair. Her legs felt a little stiff from being still for so long, but a short walk should fix that.

She eyed him warily when he led her out of the room toward the hangar. If it was just him, she might have tried to escape if there was an opportunity. As it stood, she could feel that she was being watched from the observer room, so for now she more or less willingly came along.

---------------------------
- Lenka -

Lenka turned around, looking surprised when Luke suddenly appeared.

“Don’t sneak up on people like that,” she said, sounding half amused and half upset. However she smiled when she got up.

“You’re very welcome.”

Lenka walked towards the door. “Don’t forget…,” she said just before exiting, “He’s not going anywhere, so don’t spend all day in here. You have other people and friends you can go talk to,” she added with a wink and a bright smile.

And with that she left him to his own thoughts. There was a million questions she wanted to ask him, but she had a feeling she needed to approach this delicately. So for now, she would give him a break.

Humming lightly to herself, she walked through the hallways until she arrived at the gym. Not exactly the place she’d been looking for, but if she was already here…Lenka shrugged and entered. Why not get some exercise? It had been a few days and at least now, no one would be watching her, wondering when she would pass out again.

After stretching for a bit to warm her muscles up, Lenka produced from her pocket a satin ribbon with a handle fastened to it. It was a bright iridescent blue with a length of about 5 to 6 meters.

She twirled the ribbon a few times around creating a series of waves.

After warming up some more, she began to move into a more serious pattern using a mixture of leaps, balances and pivots to twist her body. All the while she manipulated the ribbon in spirals and snakes around her body. Lenka didn’t need music for this, the song she usually used for this routine was already playing in her head from memory.

Even to the untrained eye, it was obvious that she wasn’t a professional at this, but her movements looked practiced and smooth and the ribbon danced around her gracefully. Lenka was so absorbed in her own exercise that she momentarily forgot everything around her.

OOC: For reference
Spoiler:

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

“I'm glad,” Kurik said with a smile.

His face turned serious when Maxim brought up a different topic and he looked at the researcher.

“I think it will be difficult,” he said with a sigh. “Especially for those who never knew anything else. They will need people to guide them, to lead with good example and to show them how to live here,” Kurik mused. “And then maybe the first generation that is born here will be able to adjust better and over time create an understanding between both Arusians and Kaddathians…”

He paused, thoughtful, “…because the worst would be a continuously harboured ill-will towards the people in Kaddath. I mean after we change everything, eventually the conflict will have to end, right?” Kurik looked at Maxim, he knew his hopes were idealistic at best.

Kurik sighed again. The sun had risen. It seemed his moment of tranquililty was over. "So have you decided what to do with the prisoner?" he asked.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 am

Peterney - Old Guard HQ, Prison
Nadenka

Nadenka stretched her arms as possible, then she looked around her surrounding. She smiled weakly and muttered. "So, I am still breathing..."

Then she came to her captors who were outside, she tapped at one of the bar to create noise. "Hey, do I get to have breakfast?" she asked; her voice had no fear, rather she sounded cheerful. "Oh, you guys are another guys... do you guys work in shift too?"

Where is she going with this? Herself was not so sure, but unlike others who would face their death quietly, Nadenka made up her mind that if she was going to die, she was going to die knowing more people.

"By the way, you, yes, you. Your eyes and your lips shows that you are definitely not in good condition. You should get rest or else you are going to collapse before I do.

The guard that had been pointed out by Nadenka looked surprised; Nadenka shrugged, "it's a habit that comes with the job, you better get some meds" Nadenka sighed as she realized something, "of course, if you are not able to leave the area, even old emergency med supply should have something to help you. then Nadenka added, "Don't worry, I won't escape. Just pick up your med and my breakfast. I will be a good prisoner and wait." Nadenka assured the guards and sat down where she slept before.

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

Luke got himself surprised as well because of how Lenka reacted, perhaps she was thinking a lot of things. Luke thought he was being very noisy as he came in. "So sorry! I didn't mean to surprise you." Said Luke in concern; not so sure how he should respond to that comment. However, Lenka's next statement made him feel at ease, and her smile assured him that she was not too angry with what he possibly did to surprise her.

Lenka then left with words that Luke should really consider and think about. Her wink and bright smile also caught him off guard. Luke stared blankly where Lenka was. As he realized what he was doing, he could feel his face turning pink. He shook his head, "Come on, Luke, She's being nice, don't take her kindness in wrong direction." Luke muttered, then he sighed, thinking back what Lenka had said before as well.

"Hey buddy." Luke said to his peacefully sleeping friend, Mark. "You are going to be alright, right?" He asked his friend, then he became little pinkish and cleared his throat, "It's not like I want to follow her, okay?" He smiled gently to his friend, "But, she got a point. You are not going anywhere and its once in a life time that I would be inside this facility." Luke petted his own head, "So, I am planning to do some tour, and maybe when you wake up, I could be your guide." Said Luke grinning. "And also to introduce you to my new friends."

"Will visit you later, Mark!" Said Luke as he exited the room.

Luke then came to the directory to study where he was and where he should go; Luke was not so sure where were the areas he could visit and where were the off limit areas. Luke bite his lips, the only area he thought it was alright was the gym. He was not even sure of that as well.

Perhaps, he should have asked Lenka? Luke shook his head, relying on someone for too much and not taking his own risk was not a good idea.

"okay, Luke, you can do this! Even you get scolding for fooling around, you have a good excuse!" Luke encouraged himself and took a step to the unknown.

The first place he wanted to visit, in his head, it was the gym. This was because it looked less likely be off-limit area. However, instead of going to the gym his feet led him to the other location.

It was the kitchen, or place that looks like one, and it made him smile and made him pinkish as well. This place reminded him again how he had apologized to others. "That was embarrassing," Luke muttered, "But, I am glad I did..." Luke then left the area with a smile.

"Perhaps, I should ask Rise and others what we should be cooking for lunch?" Said Luke happily, looking to other areas to wonder off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Aegis

- Lisa - 

Lisa couldn't help but grin at Lambda's comments. "I think Kokonoe is definitely territorial where you're concerned."

"Then again, that could just be a researcher thing." She added as she watched Jax release Ehlana from the chair. "My sister doesn't like other people testing out her technology without her permission either."

"Looks like it's time for me to run though." Lisa waved as she headed for the door. "Take care of yourself, Lambda."

With determined strides, Lisa made her way down the hallway to the elevator where Jax would need to bring Ehlana up. She pushed the button, and when the doors opened, she stepped inside.

"I'm coming with you." Lisa stated it like a fact, never looking in Jax's direction for confirmation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Keynes -

After gulping down an entire bottle of water, Keynes planted himself on a weight bench, leaning against the iron bar behind him. Across the room, Lenka spun around, a piece of cloth slicing through the air around her. He watched for a few seconds, trying to puzzle out exactly what she was doing.

A moment later, Marcus stepped out of the locker room, a towel still draped over his shoulders. When he stopped mid-stride to watch, the lightbulb clicked on. Maybe the kid wasn't so different from himself after all...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

Marcus blinked once, trying to clear his mind. It didn't work, so he blinked again.

Nope.

With a barely audible groan, he pulled the towel over his head and scrubbed his face before sliding it back onto his shoulders.

Okay, better. Maybe now, he could make his way across the room without staring at Lenka dancing.

"Care to spot me?" Keynes called, and Marcus turned his attention to the man who was now putting disks onto the weight bench.

"Umm... I just..." He tried to complete the thought, but Keynes waved him over anyway.

"If you've got time to stare at the lady, you've got time to spot me on the bar. Now get over here."

Well, when he put it like that...

Marcus glanced in Lenka's direction to see if she'd heard that and then walked over to the bench, where Keynes had already lifted the bar and was pumping it up and down. As if the guy really needed a spotter...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am

Ergo Research
- Jax, Lisa, Ehlana -

Jax had just gotten the prisoner in the elevator to head down to the transport hanger when Lisa shoved her way in a moment later. Jax looked up, eyebrows raised, but she didn't even meet his eyes.

"I'm coming with you." She stated it like a fact. Jax chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"All right then."

The elevator took them down, and they headed across the hallway into the hangar. A transport ship was already being primed and readied for them.

Jax directed Ehlana into the hull and locked her in for travel before heading up to the cockpit. Lisa was already seated and strapped in.

"So, what prompted this excursion?" he asked, sitting down and strapping himself in as well.

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Maxim, Kurik -

Maxim was silent as he regarded Kurik's question. There was the simple answer, and the truthful answer. Were it anyone but Kurik, he might have gone for the former. As it was, he frowned.

"Conflict is eternal and unavoidable," he said. "We can map out the road to a better future, but we can't guarantee it will be without flaw forever."

He glanced back at the bunker, is eyes narrowing slightly.

"At its peak, the Grand Army of Kaddath moved as smoothly as a well-oiled machine. But time makes ruin of everything."

He let his words drift off. In the silence, Kurik prompted another question. Ah, yes, he prisoner. He'd done some careful thinking on that.

"I have decided, yes," Maxim said carefully. "She has the potential for great use to me. But enough of that."

He turned and faced Kurik directly, removing his hands from his pockets.

"The Old Guard is ready to broadcast our message. They had requested our presence."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 am

Ergo Research
- Lenka -

Her concentration broke when Keynes’ voice called through the gym. Lenka dropped her ribbon and stumbled a few steps forward before regaining her balance.

She hadn’t noticed Keynes or Marcus when she first came in.

“What is it with people sneaking around today?” she complained, failing to realise that sometimes she was just not observant enough, especially if she was already focused on something else.

She picked up her ribbon and walked over to the weight bench, addressing both Marcus and Keynes. “If I find out, you guys were just watching me…,” she said, her voice taking on a more annoyed tone. The blue ribbon suddenly cracked over their heads with surprising accuracy.

Her blue eyes flashed over to Marcus, who was looking a little out of it for some reason. “What?” she asked, a little challenging, “Not all training is about lifting weights,” she said. “A little more stretching might do you guys some good.”

------------------------
Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

None of the answers Maxim had for him were surprising. Time would change everything. That was the only thing they could really count on.

As for the prisoner, well it was just like Maxim to find a place for her in his schemes. The only question was, how cooperative she would be.

Willingly he got up. “Yes,” he said, determination speaking from his voice. “Let’s go and see how a shock will run through the current regime when they hear the message.” His eyes were hard. He still wanted to see them burn for what they had done.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:22 am

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

Luke's feet finally touched him down to somewhere he is familiar with; yet, a place he was still getting used to. A lab, a place where his friend was caged like an animal.

He wasn't sure he was allowed back here, but the room was empty and it was open. The room was quieter than he remembered, perhaps, his friend was no longer in the cage.... Luke sighed, and shook his head. "Wow, talk about over-protective... and a spoiled brat..." said Luke, reflecting his own behavior. "Well, next time, I won't." Luke clenched his fist, promising himself. "I am not going to succumb to my old me." He added, smiling "No matter hopeless it gets, I will be hopeful and press forward." then Luke became pinkish, not so sure why he was making such promises by himself.

Perhaps, he was being too emotional? In any case, Luke cleared his throat as he found himself being too silly. Luke look around making sure there was no one, and smiled again.

He left, and even though what he did was comical, he felt much better and felt much motivated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

Lisa glanced in Jax's direction as he sat down. "You already know what prompted it." She responded, sounding more calm than she felt. "I trust you to deal fairly, but I also know what it's like to be handed over to the wolves."

"That woman may have done horrible things, but that doesn't mean the government gets to treat her unfairly without just cause. We have a judicial system for a reason." She sighed, readjusting herself in her seat. "Sorry, I'm rambling. Flying makes me uncomfortable." Even more so when she wasn't the one in control...

----------------------------------------------------------------

- Keynes, Marcus -

"Well, I might not have been staring, like this one." Keynes nodded his head towards Marcus, who was standing behind him. Marcus' only response was a sheepish smile.

"And my girl already knows how flexible I can be." Keynes said with a straight face. "But I did notice your form." He dropped the weighted bar onto the bench and sat up, putting him closer to eye level.

"Are you a gymnast then?" He asked, sounding curious. "James hasn't told me much beyond the fact that you're a university student. Studying news media, right?"

Keynes pushed himself to his feet and slapped Marcus on the back, practically pushing him down onto the bench. "Your turn. Let's see how much you can bench."

Marcus blinked at the switch of positions. His muscles already ached from the hour of running he'd put in before Keynes arrived, but one glance at the man's face told him that "no thanks" wouldn't be an acceptable answer. So, he dropped onto his back and placed his hands beneath the bar.

Taking a deep breath, he pushed it off of the rack that held it up, and lowered it to his chest. "How much weight is on this?" Marcus forced out the words as he struggled to push it back upwards even once and drop it back onto the rack.

"About 280 pounds. Why?" Keynes looked down at him with a grin. "Is that a bit much for you? It's just my warm up weight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 am

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

Luke's feet had now led him to the gym, he was not so sure what he would find inside; perhaps, he was running out options of where to go?

To Luke, doing some more exercise before food did not sound bad. Besides, he was not so sure when they will be eating their lunch.

Luke smiled automatically as he thought about the last night's dinner. The food was good, but what he had really enjoyed was the company of others.

And probably because of that he could not help himself, but look forward to their next meal.

It surprised him even so when he saw Lenka, Keynes and Marcus together. Luke was not so sure if he should say hello or just silently start warming up and pretend himself invisible.

But remembering how Lenka was mad about Luke being too sneaky, Luke decided to make his presence known. "Hey, all! How are you all doing?" Said Luke grinning gladly.

He hoped he was not disturbing them, but he definitely was not going to be scold again for sneaking off.

Well, he did not like the idea of sneaking up on Lenka by mistake, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 18 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next