View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Univeristy of Academia

The police cruiser took off down the road from the Univesity, moving past stately green lawns. Rise found herself thinking about the last time they'd left from there and wondering how differently things would play out this time.

She roused herself when Lisa brought up the topic of capturing the Redcape once more

"I'm sure there must be tranquilizer guns or something," she said, pushing a button on the console to bring up a holographic projection of the cruiser's inventory.

--------------------

Old Guard Headquarters

It hadn't taken long to move down the long peninsula south of Peterny to reach the headquarters were the Old Guard were hiding out. It had once been an old station for the navy that had been scrapped after a Majin attack during the old days.

Alexei, Ehlana, and Belo had been kept waiting in a conference room - an unnecessarily large one too, with the long, darkwood table only taking about a third of the room. A large screen on the opposite wall showed the emblem of the Old Guard.

Alexei took a puff of his cig, sighing as he reclined back in his chair.

"How much longer are they going to keep us waiting?" he mused.

--------------------

Ergo Research

Kokonoe shrugged into her labcoat and set off down the hall to her lab. She should be feeling anxious at the time lost from the stupid, utterly asinine meeting yesterday, but she couldn't bring herself to feel motivated. She trudged to her lab and swiped her passkey before stopping to observe the sight within.

Lambda was seated cross-legged on the floor, her head bent at an unnatural angle. This was due to the sleeping child in her leg, who was hugging onto the long braid of blonde hair.

"I see you've been having fun. Have you been there all night?" Kokonoe mused, pulling a lollipop from her pocket to suck on. She may have kicked cigarettes, but her mouth still felt lonely without something to amuse it.

"You've returned," Lambda said, sounding as hopeful as she could in her placid, slightly mechanical voice.

"She been behaving herself?" Kokonoe asked, jabbing the lollipop in Millie's direction.

"I attempted to entertain her with the story of the house burgler and the family of bears, but she seemed more interested in my hair."

Kokonoe chuckled and sat down at her desk.

"Well, the hair was a kid's suggestion," she mused. She couldn't help the sigh that followed as she rubbed her face wearily. Lambda observed her closely.

"You seem distraught," she said, frowning. Kokonoe shrugged.

"Sometimes... I don't know. I wonder if what I'm doing is even worth it."

She looked at Lambda and Millie sleeping peacefully on her lap, at the picture of Keynes on her desk. They were the only things that kept her from walking away at times like this.

--------------------

High General's Chambers

"You never came home last night."

Jax hovered in the doorway of Alina's chambers, frowning. He knew she'd taken the previous day's events hard, but it wasn't until he'd laid alone in bed, waiting for her footsteps that never came, that he realized just how badly it had gotten to her.

Maybe this wasn't the right time to approach her about the Redcapes. Then again, there probably never would be.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:35 am

Police Cruiser - heading northwest
- James -

“There should be some weapons and a selection of stunner guns as well as some other supplies,” James commented as he glanced at the holographic projections Rise pulled up.

He returned his eyes to the road, taking the way that would lead north west. After a few minutes, he opened the on-board navigation screen and accessed the army network to pull up the Bio band database. It took a little while to adjust, but eventually displayed the current location of the Redcape they were tracking.

“Lisa is right, hopefully we can keep our distance” he said. “Anything interesting in the inventory? Maybe a sophisticated net or something…” he trailed off, his mind occupied by a million things, in the forefront the question how much help he could actually be without a strain.

Ever since he made the decision two years ago, there had not been any regrets and even now, he could feel only helplessness.

———————————————

University of Academia
- Lenka -

For someone who was just left behind, Lenka still looked surprisingly cheerful. When Marcus sat down on the steps as well, she smiled at him and shrugged.

“Not the first time, I’ve been wrong,” she said lightly and got up, never one to sit down for long. And moping around was also not in her character.

“Mhh…,” she mused and looked at Marcus. Suddenly she snapped her fingers. “Actually, it might not have to be good-bye,” she said excitedly. “I have a brilliant idea.”

And without saying another word, she turned around and headed back to the building for the psychology department.

———————————————

Old Guard Headquarters
- Ehlana -

“Not much longer, I hope,” she said. “Otherwise, I think we might need to reconsider our position among them.”

She stood up from her chair and moved to lean against the wall. Being here and having to rely the Old Guard was stressful to her, but she was determined not to lose her cool and crossed her arms. Still, their relationship with the Old Guard, though useful, had not inspired much trust on either side. And with the waiting time drawing on, she didn’t see any potential for that in the future. No, they would only rely on them until they had fulfilled their purpose.

“If they keep us waiting much longer, they had better bring something to eat.”

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Luke Jaron

"I would prefer if they had something for fist fight and perhaps legs as well... I saw some police wearing them last time so they should have one of those..."

Luke commented, and as they had to adjust to the army bio-data base once again, Luke rubbed his neck, remembering something they might have been forgetting.

"By the way, where is the tablet that you had brought along? It's not with you? Luke asked James; he was hoping to help James with the navigation in detail so James could focus on the driving.

Old Guard Headquarters
Belobog Volkov, "Belo"

"Well, as long as they keep what they had said... I don't mind. But, as I said earlier, I don't like them." Belo commented, frowning. "Especially that old adviser, he leaks the smell of great ambition...", he did not state that loud though, but enough for Alexei and Ehlane to hear his thought about the old Guard.

"And they better bring good food, cause it might make me dislike them more..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:22 pm

High General's Chambers

"I never went to sleep either." Alina said around a yawn. She shook her head, and the room chilled rapidly for a second.

"I keep having to cold snap myself to stay awake." She grumbled, tossing a piece of paperwork onto the massive stack that sat in the basket beside her desk.

Leaning forward, Alina messaged her temples slowly. "Sorry. This whole thing has got me out of sorts. The administration is catching far more backlash about the enlistment grace period than we ever expected."

"You'd think that people would be grateful for being given the choice at all, but instead they seem more unsettled than ever before."

She yawned again and pushed herself to her feet, giving Jax a weak smile. "I suppose you already know all of this though. What's on your agenda for today?"

------------------------------------------------------

University of Academia

"A brilliant what?" Marcus asked, but Lenka was already crossing the quad with rapid strides.

How in the world she switched gears that quickly was beyond him, but Marcus could only shrug and rise to follow her, which took a surprising amount of effort. With his longer legs, he should have caught up easily, but whatever idea had sent Lenka into action must have lit a fire under her.

"What exactly are we doing?" He asked, when he caught up to her, only a few steps away from the psych building.

------------------------------------------------------

Police Cruiser

Lisa glanced over the images as Rise scrolled through them.

"What about this?" She reached over the other woman's shoulder to touch the hologram, enlarging the image.

"It says this cannon fires some kind of cable nets for suspect capture. I've not seen it in person, but do you think they'd be big enough to hold the Redcape?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:02 pm

University of Academia
- Lenka -

“We’re taking advantage of my brothers absentmindedness,” she said and grinned. Lenka didn’t seem to mind that Marcus had spontaneously decided to tag along.

They arrived at the psychology building and Lenka threw a quick glance around to make sure no one paid much attention to them before she entered. Determined she walked back to the conference room where they previously had the meeting with Lisa.

“There it is” she exclaimed when she saw the tablet on the table. “He’s brilliant, but at the same time so scatterbrained,” she said, shaking her head amused when she picked up the tablet.

On the inside she felt a little bad about going behind her brothers back. However, after what she witnessed at the concert, she felt compelled to be part of this adventure and try her best to help, no matter how little contribution.

She held up the tablet, refreshing the data, so that it was now once again showing the current location of the Redcape. “I’m going after them,” she said determined, not allowing for any doubts about her plan.

“Now, I just need some kind of weapon…and a car,” she mused as she stopped in the doorway and looked at Marcus expectantly, not yet sure how she would obtain either of them.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Rise wasn't quite as in-tune with James as Lenka was - after all, they had only known each other a few years - but she could still tell when something was bothering him. When his voice trailed off, she turned to look at him and study his face.

"What's wrong?" she asked, reaching across to touch his arm. "You okay?"

She wondered if he was having second thoughts about Lenka. She would have liked Lenka around too, but it couldn't be helped.

———————————————

Old Guard Headquarters

Alexei raised his eyebrows at his companions. Clearly, their time in Kaddath was making them less guarded with their thoughts - the opposite of what he'd expected.

"Don't be so hasty with your judgments," he said lazily as he reclined in his chair, though he signaled with his eyes to look around. He felt pretty confident that a room like this would have listening equipment. Even if it didn't, it never hurt to play it safe.

At the complaints of food from both of them, however, he guffawed quite cheerfully.

"You're both going native!" he said, grinning. "No more food cubes for you."

Truth be told, he was adjusting quite happily to the eating regiment here, if nothing else. Even if the food cubes had all the nutrients they needed, he'd rather take them from a thick, steaming steak than a tasteless gelatin blob.

There wasn't much time to discuss it further, however, because the Old Guard had finally arrived - and definitely not bearing food. Two guards placed themselves on either side of the door, firmly at attention. A young woman - very young, practically a child -entered first, and an older man after her.

"High Lady Adalia and Lord Commander Farrington," one of the soldiers announced.

The young woman with red hair moved to the seat at the head of the table and stood before it. She cleared her throat quite imperiously and folded her arms.

Alexei raised his brows and looked at his companions before noticing that the older man was glaring and indicating that they rise. Alexei shrugged. Arusia didn't bother with empty protocol and formalities.

The three Arusians stood without any particular reverence. Adalia finally took her seat with an annoyed "hmph" before Farrington took his place standing beside her chair. Despite being in the literal position of authority, Adalia seemed rather disinterested in the proceedings and looked idly around the room. Farrington, however, was boring straight into them with his rather intense gaze.

"Well, if nothing else, you're at least punctual," Farrington quipped.

"You called. We came," Alexei said, shrugging. Farrington shot him a look, then addressed the room at large.

"Let's get down to matters then," he said.

———————————————

High General's Chambers

Jax frowned as he watched the strain Alina was under. It wasn't fair that the administration was being given such trouble, and it was just like Alina to take most of the burden on herself.

"I hate to say it, but it seems it's true," he said, sighing. "You give people an inch, and they want a mile."

Change was good and necessary, but it didn't happen overnight, nor did it happen without compromise.

"Well, about that..." Jax said, scratching his chin awkwardly. "There's a situation I have to talk to you about."

He shut the door behind him and took a seat.

"Alina... how much do you know about the Redcapes?"

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:37 am

University of Academia

Her brother's absentmindedness? Marcus thought back to the group he'd spoken with. One of them had been the same shade of blonde that Lenka was. That was probably her brother. Funny, he hadn't even known she had a brother before now.

The next words brought him out of his contemplation though. "Going after them?" He turned his attention to the datapad in her hands. "What exactly am I looking at?" Marcus asked, gesturing to the display. "Some kind of tracking device?"

From the look in her eyes, Marcus doubted he could talk her down. He'd seen that look in the eyes of too many foster kids, cold determination. "I can't do much for weapons, but I can get us a car. And before you say anything, I am coming with you."

High General's chambers

"A situation?" Alina groaned and sank back into her chair. "Is it wrong of me to hope that you might have brought me breakfast instead of more bad news?"

She dropped her head to the desk for a moment, resting it on her forearms. "Redcapes... Redcapes. Redcapes?" Alina mouthed to herself. Where had she heard that term before?

"Wait, aren't those the monsters you've been dealing with on the northern outskirts lately?" She asked, sitting back up. "Has there been another sighting?"

Last edited by Payne on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:36 pm

- James -

“Oh,” James replied to Luke, “It wasn’t my tablet. And this on-baord computer will work just as well.” He took a closer look at the item Lisa pointed out. “That doesn’t look too bad,” he nodded.

"Did you see anything you like?" he asked Luke and looked at him in the rearview mirror.

They kept on driving north west, lead by the blinking beacon of the Redcape’s Bio-band.

James gave Rise a long look, his expression soft. “It’s silly really,” he sighed. “Ever since Lenka brought it up, I feel like she did have a point. How much help am I going to be without a strain once we actually find the Redcape?”

His fingers curled around Rise’s hand and he was holding it lightly. Of course Rise had picked up on his mood. She always did and he loved her for that.

After a short pause he continued. “I know it’s stupid,” he added. “It’s not like I can or want to change it.”

---------------------------------------------

University of Academia
- Lenka -

“Right,” Lenka slapped her forehead lightly. “I forgot you don’t know anything.”

She held up the data pad again. “This is tracking the Redcape through its Bio band.” She held up her own wrist to illustrate.

“It has a link to the army network and luckily the transformation didn’t destroy it," she explained, making it sound quite casual. "So as long as its active, we can find them again. And if we find the Redcape, we will find my brother and the others.”

She turned towards the door. “Let’s go then. I wasn’t keen on driving anyways,” she said with a wink. “It makes me nervous.”

Lenka didn’t feel the need to add that with her disposition of fainting, driving for long hours was out of the question anyways. She didn’t mind Marcus coming along, even though she hardly knew him. It was better than going alone and she liked having company. After all, he had wanted to come along before.

Old Guard Headquarter
- Ehlana -

Ehlana’s grey eyes stared at the door, willing it to open. She heeded Alexei’s warning, aware that this room was unter the total control of the Old Guard. If this was a room in Arusia, there would definitely be surveillance equipment. And there was always someone listening.

“Don’t worry,” she said to Alexei, signaling that she'd understood his warning.

Eventually the door did open and a young woman and an older man entered. Ehlana kept her expression from turning disdainful when they were expected to stand up, but her eyes turned cold.

She nodded her agreement and sat back down next to Alexei, impatient to get this meeting over with.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:57 pm

University of Academia

"Don't know anything might be a bit of a stretch..." Marcus quipped sarcastically as he took a closer look at the data pad. "I'm no nerd, but my intelligence is at least average."

"Kinda creepy how the military always knows where you are." He absently rubbed his thumb over his own bio band. "Of course, the fact that the Redcapes are actually people is equally creepy."

Marcus shuddered and turned his attention from the data pad, back to the person holding it. "Do you need to stop by your dorm room for anything before we go? It's unlikely that we'll cover that distance in a single day." He did a fairly good job of staying composed while asking the question. Driving wasn't at the top of his list of favorite things to do either.

"Why don't you go collect whatever you need, and I'll meet you in the student parking lot?" That way she wouldn't have to see him 'borrowing' a car...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:14 am

University of Academia
- Lenka -

“Pfft,” she replied. “I’m not a nerd either, I just have a nerd brother.”

Lenka didn’t remark on the military surveillance they all had to deal with due to wearing the Bio bands. Neither did she pay much attention to Marcus’ Bio band.

The next question was something she hadn’t even considered, only now realising, that this might be a longer trip. She looked slightly surprised.

“Oh, right,” she said and nodded. “I’ll go grab a few things.”

And with that she left the psychology department and headed to her own dorm room.

Inside, she looked around, wondering what she would need. “Well, Lenka, you want to be a journalist,” she said to herself. “Start acting like one.” Nodding to reaffirm her decision, she grabbed a small bag and packed her laptop, camera and notebook as well as a change of clothes.

Even if these events never reached the public, they would still have a huge political impact and she wanted to be there when that happened.

Glancing around the room one last time, she closed the door and headed to the student parking lot.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Luke Jaron

"I see," Luke commented, quickly learning how to use the computer that was inside the cruiser.

Luke was going through the list, and he quickly stopped at the sudden lists of items. "Yeah found equipment that I saw my brother used to wear." Luke smiled weakly, remembering how he and his elder brother joke about how he would fight as martial artist in military.

"I am probably going to take adamantine shin boots and the adamantine five finger gauntlet" Said Luke, memorizing where to find them in the equipment section of the cruise.

--------------------
Old Guard Headquarters
Belobog Volkov, "Belo"

Belobog did not care much about the possibility that they were listening, in fact, he would have liked if they had been listening. Why not? If Arusia finds them worthless soon, they would be targeted by his sniper rifle and be turned into Redcapes. That should be, in Belobog's opinion, something these 'old guards' to be reminded of. In fact, Belobog believed that they should be respected than the two people who just walked into the room.

Arusian Empire had the power, the talents, and the technology, not them. The formalities they had to keep in front of the child was sickening Belobog's guts too. He could not understand why they should respect that child as if she was some kind of leader figure of the old Arusian empire leader.

She was definitely not.

Belobog sat down comfortably, not so interested in what they were about to brief them about as he was sure it would be the boring briefing of where they had to target next. Wondering how many words this old man would speak this time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:49 pm

High General's chambers

Jax smiled sympathetically. Well, her appetite would probably be a non-issue after this.

She was trying to piece together what the Redcapes were. It made sense that they were a distant concern to her at the moment, given that all their evidence thus far was entirely circumstantial.

"More than a sighting," he said, sighing. "A public appearance."

He sat on the edge of her desk, hit a few commands on her keyboard, and watched her expression as the video footage of the Redcape's attack at the Phoenix concert came on display.

--------------------------------------------------

"How much help am I going to be without a strain once we actually find the Redcape?”

Rise looked down at her lap, deep in thought. She hadn't thought of it much since that heat-of-the-moment comment during the Redcape attack. Had he taken her comments about not being able to help to heart? She knew he wanted to protect her - not because he thought she was weak, but because he cared too much not to try.

His fingers curled around hers.

“I know it’s stupid,” he added. “It’s not like I can or want to change it.”

"No, it's not," she said, looking up. "But you know, more than your strain, it's your big brain and your bigger heart that I relied on."

She blushed. Somehow, it was easier to sing these sorts of things in front of an entire stadium than to whisper them in a car.

--------------------------------------------------

Old Guard Headquarters

Alexei was pleased to see that Ehlana was, at least, willing to put on a front of cooperation with the Old Guard. He didn't know the end plan with regards to them - although he could guess - but he did know that the orders were to do whatever was necessary to ensure their support. And orders were orders.

Belo, on the other hand, was showing an unusual amount of contempt for their allies. They'd have to discuss that later. Fortunately, neither of their hosts seemed to notice.

"You are the leader of this... team?" Farrington asked, eyeing his bared arms with distaste. Alexei shrugged.

"More or less."

Farrington's frown deepened. He hit a button on the display remote, and video footage of the Redcape appeared on screen. Adalia finally seemed to pay attention to the events proceeding around her, focusing on the video like an exciting program had come on. Alexei turned his sidelong glance from her to the video when it suddenly paused and zoomed in on Rise's face.

"Do you have any idea who this is?" Farrington demanded. Alexei frowned and shook his head.

"Should I?" he asked. Farrington did not respond. Instead, he forwarded the clip to the moment a blonde young man rushed the stage next to the singer girl and zoomed in on him.

"I don't suppose you recognize him either? I guess you Arusians didn't brief yourselves on the events of the last few years as well as you think you did."

Alexei ignored the slight and gestured to the screen.

"You going to brief us then?" he asked calmly. It was Adalia, not Farrington, who responded.

"They were part of Aegis," she said, her bearing far different now. She sat up straight and rigid, her eyes hard.

"They took my father's empire," Adalia continued. "And his life."

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:19 pm

University of Academia

"Great."

Marcus waited until Lenka had left the room before picking up the data pad. This wasn't his first experience with 'borrowing' things. Might as well make it a good one. With a sigh, he pocketed the device and headed for the parking lot.

A few moments later, Marcus grinned as he unlocked an old pickup truck. Leaving your key in the tailpipe was too easy, but he wasn't going to question his luck right now. Having to explain why he was jump starting their ride to Lenka wasn't at the top of his 'to do' list. So, overall, this was a better solution.

He turned the key and checked the fuel gauge. Half a tank should probably cover some distance. Now, he just had to figure out how everything else worked while Lenka was getting ready. And maybe grab some lunch. The cab smelled faintly of pizza, and it was making him hungry...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Police Cruiser

Lisa nodded to James' response and continued browsing through the cruiser's inventory. She came to a stop over a listing of crowd control canisters. Smoke, tear gas, skunk spray? Oh, she could have fun with this...

Making a mental note of where the canisters were located in the cruiser, she closed down the interface and leaned back in her seat. "You two are beyond cute." She suddenly said from the back seat. "I feel like I'm drowning in piano playing kittens back here."

There was more than a little sarcasm in her voice, but she was openly smiling. It had taken a long time for Rise to figure James out, and despite their earlier tiff, Lisa still wanted the best for both of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

High General's Chambers

"Oh no..." Alina buried her head under her arms on the desk and fumbled for the power button on the screen without looking at it.

"Get out of my office." She moaned. "You should know better than to bring this down on me so early in the morning."

How in the world was she going to explain this to the council? Some of them knew about the remaining members of Aegis, but the one that would raise the biggest stink had no doubt been completely unaware of the circumstances surrounding them until now.

When Serena got wind of this, it would be a nightmare to explain how there were a handful of sanctioned magic users that were operating outside of military control. It just might be the ammunition the woman needed to unseat her, and what kind of mess would the administration be in then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:17 pm

- James -

“Thanks, Rise,” he said softly and kissed her hand. James took his eyes off the road for a few seconds to look into her eyes. He could get lost in them forever. “And I will make sure to use both of them to see this through.”

It was true, he would do what he could. He had not regretted his decision to have his strain silenced in the past two years, so why start now? Just because there was something that was easier resolved if he had the ability to use his strain didn’t mean it was the better solution. No, he still believed that strain magic was responsible for a lot of the problems society faced. If there was another solution, he would find it.

“Oh shush, Lisa,” James replied with a glance in the rearview mirror. He couldn’t help but smile a little embarrassed. “You’ll get over it.”

After a short pause he spoke again. “Is anybody getting hungry? Should we make a short stop for food?”

----------------------------

University of Academia
- Lenka -

Lenka arrived at the parking lot and looked around searchingly. Finally she spotted Marcus in the pickup truck and walked over towards him.

“You couldn’t find anything more inconspicuous?” she asked with a grin and got inside without hesitation.

“Are you ready?” she said and added, “You’ve driven before, right?” she asked to make sure.

Briefly she wondered where she had put the data pad when she spottet it on the dashboard. She picked it up and studied the map.

“Looks like we’re going that way,” she said and pointed left. Though motivated, her navigation skills were lacking any talent.

Old Guard Headquarter
- Ehlana -

Ehlana watched the video footage, her eyes narrowing. She knew the Old Guard was keeping tabs on them, but she hadn’t been aware that they stayed quite this close.

Just like Alexei, she didn’t recognise the faces until Adalia spoke, but the name Aegis meant a great deal to them. However, she refrained from saying that if the Old Guard had provided them with more viewing materials, they might have been able to recognise the faces before them with ease.

“Well, what do you want us to do?” she asked calmly, unimpressed by the cold demeanor that Adalia suddenly displayed. After all she was not the only one that was seeking revenge for something that unjustly taken.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Luke Jaron

Luke smiled, how two people supported each other, in his eyes, it looked beautiful. Of course, such moment came to an end as Lisa made awkward comment about kittens.

It made James embarrassed little, and Luke was not so sure what it meant.

Luke lean on his seat, remembering where the equipment are in the cruiser. Then he also remembered his friend Mark telling him about how scary yet beautiful to fall in love.

That was the moment he remembered about Mark telling him about the girl that he really liked. "I never got to ask him if he had confessed to her or not..." Luke muttered to himself softly.

As James had suggested about making a stop, Luke had answered his question with loud noise from his stomach. "Uhhhh... Sorry, I did not eat much today...." He smiled awkwardly, scratching his hair. Luke face turned little red.

---------------------------

Old Guard Headquarter
Belobog Volkov, "Belo"

Belobog's eyebrows were raised as the old man showed them the pictures of the girl and a guy. Belobog recognized them, but because he was able to look at them through his sniper rifle.

As they challenged information of what Arusian empire has, Belobog wanted to make a statement that it was the old guard's fault for not providing the information.

However, he swallowed his words as he knew that he did not want to make them as his enemy as Arusian and the old guards were not enemies yet.

As the little princess made a statement of who they are, and Ehlana asked about what to do with them. Belobog could not stay silent any longer.

"So, are they threat to The Empire's interest?"

They were briefed that the Old Guard would help the Empire to do spread its influence and take back the surface, not helping little princess' revenge. If they are not considered as a threat to Arusian Empire's interest, the Old Guard had no reason to order them of what to do as they are doing this for the Empire, not the Old Guards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Police Cruiser

“Thanks, Rise,” James said softly. He kissed her hand, and Rise smiled. He turned to look into her eyes, and Rise momentarily forgot there were two others in the car with them.

"You two are beyond cute." She suddenly said from the back seat. "I feel like I'm drowning in piano playing kittens back here."

Rise blinked, her cheeks tinging pink as she looked back at Lisa and Luke. James looked just as flustered, which she found quite adorable.

“Oh shush, Lisa,”James replied. “You’ll get over it.”

"Lisa's just jealous," Rise said with a cat-like smirk, "because she's going to die an old cat lady. I told you to just date Alex."

She turned around in her seat, eyes narrowed and smile wider.

"Or maybe you have something going on with your protégé back there? I seem to recall you having a thing for younger guys."

“Is anybody getting hungry? Should we make a short stop for food?” James said, interrupting them. Rise hummed thoughtfully to herself. She wasn't that hungry, but it was probably better to eat while they still had a chance.

"Yeah, let's eat," she agreed. Luke's stomach growled helpfully in agreement, and she laughed.

-------------------------

High General's Chambers

Jax sighed as he watched the full weight of the situation sinking in on Alina. Even then, she still didn't have the full story just yet.

"It gets worse," he said. "Apparently, the Redcape was actually a human - a strain-user, in fact. He transformed during the concert. From what we gathered, all the disappeared people vanishing around Redcape appearances all have had strains."

The next part was going to be the trickiest, and he hoped he hadn't made a misjudgment when he decided on this.

"Rise and James are going after it, and they're getting Lisa and Alex to help," he said. "They're already involved, and I hoped they could capture it. If they can get just one, Kokonoe might be able to figure out what's causing them and fix it."

Old Guard Headquarter

"A threat?" Farrington repeated, snarling. "If they were able to topple the old regime, you don't think they can do the same to us?"

He pulled out a piece of paper and held it out to them.

"A spy at the University of Academia has already reported that the stopped there to recruit some of their old members. They're planning to capture the Redcape you let loose."

He let those words hang over the meeting. There was no need to explain the disastrous consequences of Kaddath getting a hold of that information.

"We'll take care of it," Alexei said, casting a glance at his companions. It was their mission, after all. If there were any loose ends to tie up, it was their responsibility to do so.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:07 pm

University of Academia

Marcus raised an eyebrow at Lenka as she got into the truck. "It's as inconspicuous as anything else in the parking lot." He quipped back before shifting the truck into gear.

"Of course I've driven before." If scooters counted. He was pretty sure they didn't, but he left that part out. How hard could it really be?

Easing down on the gas pedal, he maneuvered the truck down the row of cars. This was simple enough. He glanced over at the data pad in Lenka's hands and had to stifle a chuckle, which he almost swallowed a moment later, when the truck jerked to a sudden halt.

"Sticky brakes..." He muttered, reaching across the seat to grab the data pad and flip it over before laying it back in Lenka's hands.

A moment later, he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road that led around the outskirts of town. Best to figure this driving thing out without many potential victims in his way...

-----------------------------------------------------

Police Cruiser

"Jealous? Moi?" Lisa dramatically placed a hand to the center of her chest. Okay, maybe a little, but that was beside the point.

"Nope and nope." She responded with a smirk. "I like Alex as a friend, but the two of us could never be like that." Lisa waved her other hand at the space between Rise and James. "And I honestly don't know Marcus very well. He's just one of the students that I've me through the counseling program."

Her attention turned briefly to Luke when his stomach rumbled, but she quickly turned it back to the front of the cruiser. "I could eat."

High General's Chambers

Great, it was only... Alina raised her head enough to see the clock on her desk. 10 am, and the day was already ruined. No, beyond ruined.

"I don't want to be an adult right now." She grumbled. "Can we just pretend it's my day off?"

After a few seconds of silence, she looked up at Jax, who was still watching her. "No?" She said, as if it were a question, before deflating in her chair.

"Okay, bring me the government records for all the former members of Aegis. As of this morning, they're all assigned to active military duty. A probe into previous records will show that isn't the case, but for now, it'll keep Serena from exploding."

"Have you already informed Kokonoe about all of this?" Alina asked as she pulled out her communicator and punched in a few codes before speaking to whoever was on the other end of the line. "Setup a meeting for this afternoon. Electorate member Keynes and Minister of Affairs Raidon are to meet me in my office at 2 pm. Attendance is mandatory." She closed the com before any response could be given.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:31 pm

- James -

James nodded in a agreement. A small break would do them good. He could feel the tiredness creeping up on him from this very short night.

They stopped at a small roadside café just at the edge of town and went inside. “Order whatever you want,” James said and stifled a yawn. “I’m sure Jax will reimburse me later for all these travel expenses.” And then he ordered a sandwich and an espresso.

“Despite the good time we’re making, we shouldn’t stay too long.”

Suddenly his phone rang, but he muted the call with a light frown. “That was Matty. He works with me,” he said with a sigh. “I'll have to call him later to explain things. He won’t be happy if I tell him I’m gone for an indefinite amount of time.” He couldn’t help but chuckle at this. It was like a deja-vu.

Still, somehow everything that he had deemed important before last night, like his company and the upcoming graduation seemed to lose priority over the current situation. And as long as Rise was still there, he didn’t care where he went.

-------------------------------------------------

Old Guard Headquarter
- Ehlana -

Ehlana nodded in agreement. Of course this wasn’t ideal. There had never been a problem with any of the other Redcapes they created.

“We will go asap,” she said in the typical short stacked pronunciation that people of Arusia had adopted over years of seclusion. She rose to her feet. “Do you have their current location or another way we can track them?” she asked.

Briefly, she wondered if they had enough information on this so called Aegis group, but she didn’t consider the Old Guard very forthcoming. So be it then, they could very well do this on their own.

University of Academia
- Lenka -

“So what do you know about the Redcapes that made you want to come along?” Lenka finally asked, unfazed by the fact that she had read the map wrong. It happened and even though she had to take some detours, usually she ended up where she needed to go, even without a great sense of direction.

She pulled out her notebook and began scribbling down some of the events that happened in the past couple hours. “I mean until yesterday the Redcapes were just rumours for you and everyone else,” she continued and looked at him with her big blue eyes.

“Please don’t tell me it’s because you’re a fan of this Aegis group my brother, Rise and Lisa were part of and you want to jump on the bandwagon to become famous or popular,”
she said and groaned, sounding only half-serious with a light grin on her face.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:08 pm

Luke Jaron

Luke stretched his arms and legs as he got off from the cruiser. They were finally going to eat something. But, could he really eat after knowing his friend is out there? He felt like losing his appetite once again, but he shook it off. Luke was aware that he needed all of his strength in order to fight his friend, and he would not be able to pull it off with empty stomach.

After ordering somewhat medium meal for himself, Luke had a phone call from the number he never saw before. Without much of the thought, he had answered the phone. Luke quickly excused himself as he realized who had called him.

Luke came back after few minutes; Luke's face, however, did not look happier than before. How could he be...? He had to lie about Mark and the girl innocently believed it.

Luke sighed as he waited for his meal; he was not so sure why, but he really felt like his meal was taking its time too much...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:48 am

Police Cruiser

It felt good to stretch their legs as they hopped out of the cruiser and entered the small roadside café.

“Order whatever you want,” James said and stifled a yawn. “I’m sure Jax will reimburse me later for all these travel expenses.”

"I'm not so sure about that," Rise remarked, half-joking and half-serious. She ordered a sandwich and a smooth and sat down beside James.

“Despite the good time we’re making, we shouldn’t stay too long," he said. Rise bit into her sandwich and wagged her head in agreement.

Suddenly his phone rang, but he muted the call with a light frown. “That was Matty. He works with me,” he said with a sigh. “I'll have to call him later to explain things. He won’t be happy if I tell him I’m gone for an indefinite amount of time.”

Rise frowned. Not only was her career in jeopardy, but now James was having to put his work on hold too. It wasn't fair. In the end, neither would have a career anyway if this Redcape situation wasn't dealt with though.

"You think Lenka is okay?" she asked. "You should probably check with her eventually. I'm sure she'll want to know we're okay."

Mentioning Lenka made her think of their parents, and she nearly jumped in her seat.

"Your parents! Do they know you guys are okay? We never made it to dinner with them," Rise fretted, pulling at one of her pigtails.

High General's Chambers

Jax waited as Alina tried to resist coming to terms with everything. He wasn't sure if it was more amusing or depressing when she finally folded.

"Okay, bring me the government records for all the former members of Aegis. As of this morning, they're all assigned to active military duty. A probe into previous records will show that isn't the case, but for now, it'll keep Serena from exploding."

Jax nodded. It was a good start.

"Have you already informed Kokonoe about all of this?" Alina asked as she pulled out her communicator and punched in a few codes before speaking to whoever was on the other end of the line. "Setup a meeting for this afternoon. Electorate member Keynes and Minister of Affairs Raidon are to meet me in my office at 2 pm. Attendance is mandatory." She closed the com before any response could be given.

"No, I haven't spoken to her yet," Jax admitted. "She hadn't returned to the lab when I called. She should be back now though."

The meeting she'd set up was now in his thoughts, and he frowned and shifted his stance.

"Keynes I get, but... you sure you want to bring Raidon into this? That could come back to bite us. I guess hiding it might bite harder though."

He sighed and ran a hand through his short silver hair.

"I'll go ahead and reach Kokonoe then. You take care of Keynes and Raidon."

Old Guard Headquarter

Alexei and Belo rose in unison with Ehlana, ready to get moving. Arusians were more action than talk, unlike these Kaddathians.

"They were last seen in a police cruiser," Farrington told them, frowning. "Our people are working on accessing the database to track its location."

Alexei nodded and turned for the door. Farrington watched them go for a moment, then folded his arms.

"Don't disappoint us again."

Alexei said nothing. He cocked his head back, gave Farrington a long stare, then left the room.

Farrington growled, then turned back to the monitor.

"I believe it's time we spoke to Dr. Valery again," he told Ariana.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:58 am

Old Guard Headquarter
Belobog Volkov, "Belo"

Belobog bite his lips; he was usually cool with the other's taunts, but how that old man said sounded like they had disgraced his country. "If I had disappointed someone, I had disappointed my home... not that..." Belobog stopped what he was about to say, and sighed deeply. "I am deeply sorry, recently I am not feeling myself... I am heading first..." Said Belobog, heading to the vehicle that was ready for them to chase down this so called youngsters Aegis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Truck

Famous? Popular? How about neither? Marcus shuddered at the thought.

"To be honest, the Redcapes aren't the reason I'm coming along." He responded, not taking his eyes away from the road in front of him. Driving was becoming easier by the minute, but it still felt unnatural, and he had to keep focusing on the lines to stay within them.

"I only know as much about them as I overheard from outside the conference room. So, aside from the fact that they're a concern to everyone with a strain, the mention of the Redcapes has nothing to do with me." Marcus sighed and pushed himself further up in his seat. "To be honest, I'm at a crossroads in my life, and this was the perfect opportunity to see if I'm cut out for one of my choices. Besides, no offense meant, but I wasn't about to let you do this alone."

Police Cruiser

Lisa groaned at James' mention of taking an indefinite amount of time off. "I seriously hope this doesn't turn into anything more than it already is." She said before taking a bite out of her sandwich. "Otherwise, my counseling position is probably gone when I get back."

She sat in silence for a moment, chewing on her food, before her eyes suddenly widened. "Oh crap! I need to tell Arya where I am. She'll kill me for doing this again, but it would be even worse if she finds out after the fact..."

High General's Chambers

Alina turned her attention back to Jax for a moment, the look on her face silently communicating that she didn't think he really had a clue. "If they went to get Lisa, she'll tell Arya, and I doubt that's something Arya would keep from Raidon. Whether I want him in on this or not, he will be. So, it's best to utilize him as a resource instead of working twice as hard to keep him in the dark."

She reached out and gave Jax a pat on the arm. "I'll need you at that meeting as well. For now, I'm going to finish these forms, and hopefully, get in at least a short nap before facing the firing squad."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:43 pm

- James -

“If he doesn’t, I’ll just have to hack Jax’ account and get them back myself,” he replied with a grin and then added. “Lenka will be alright. She will be upset with me for a bit, so I hope she doesn’t do anything stupid.”

He bit into his sandwich, but froze when Rise mentioned his parents. “Oh no, I forgot!” he paled and jumped from his seat. “I have to call them right away!”

Quickly he dialled their number. Internally, he was blaming himself for not thinking of this sooner. Somehow his mind always seemed to prioritise current events and lost track of details.

“Mom? It’s James. - No, we’re okay. - What? You already knew? - Yes, Rise is fine as well. Don’t worry,” James looked slightly guilty when he spoke his next words. “I’m sorry, we couldn’t make it to dinner. And I’m sorry I’m not really allowed to tell you what we are up to now. - Yes, I made sure, Lenka is safe. She is back at the University.”

There was a pause when he was listening to his mother giving him an earful about being so scatterbrained.

“Okay mom, I will,” he finally said. “I love you too.”

With a sigh of relief he sat back down. “I have to give a big thanks to Darcy,” he told Rise. “He called them last night already.” James grimaced, still feeling a little guilty. “She also told me to tell you, that you should take good care of yourself and that she’s looking forward to the next meeting,” he gave Rise a soft smile.

When he resumed eating his sandwich, he noticed that Luke suddenly looked quite unhappy. Briefly he wondered what could have changed his mood. Distracted by Lisa, he replied to her instead. “I’m sure it won’t take that long. Besides, just think, if we fail, there might not be a position to return to.”

James suddenly felt like this time, they all had more riding on this than last time. Last time they were just on the run, unable to tell anyone what they were doing, not knowing it most of the time themselves. Now, even though they had a support network with Alina and Jax behind them, the stakes seemed to be higher.

----------------------------------

On the road
- Lenka -

“How is that not offensive?,” Lenka asked back with a grin and rolled her eyes.

Something he said, made her straighten up though. “Wait, are you a strain user?” she asked, surprised, craning her head to get a look at his Bio band. However, she didn’t ask further into the explanation he gave for coming along, instead she unleashed a different barrage of questions.

“Which strain? Do you have more than one? How did it happen? Do you already know if you want to enlist into the military or have it silenced?” The topic seemed to bring out her hyper and cheerful personality even more, having heard a few more exciting stories about strains than most University students.

Eventually, she finished scribbling down her notes and put her notebook away. “I’m getting hungry,” she said suddenly. “Let’s pull over somewhere.” Lenka began to look around for a place they could stop at. Especially now she wanted to avoid putting more stress on her body by not eating.

----------------------------------

Old Guard Headquarter
- Ehlana -

As expected the Old Guard was not very forthcoming with their information. Ehlana suppressed a sigh and they all turned to leave.

“Don’t disappoint us again.”

Ehlana balled her fists, feeling a cold, calm anger about this unjustified statement. However, she didn’t do anything and kept walking, hoping Belo and Alexei would follow without being baited into a discussion. This didn’t quite hold true for Belo, but he reigned himself in before any damage could be done.

Ever sind they arrived in Kaddath, she had slightly admired their way of life, wondering sometimes if they couldn’t share. This meeting, however, had once again shown her, that they would never be able to coexist on the same land. These Kaddathians and their stuck up royalty. They were too arrogant and too focused on ranks within the society. Suddenly she could understand Kurik and his anger towards the Kaddathian establishment much better.

It strengthened her determination to succeed with their mission. These people here needed to be thoroughly uprooted.

Once outside, she took a deep breath to regain her focus. “The more we meet with them, the less I like them,” she simply said and pulled out a map from her bag. “From my observations, the Redcape headed north-west. We can check police records to see if that police cruiser is also taking that direction,” she suggested when they arrived at their vehicle.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:40 am

Police Cruiser

Rise was relieved to hear that James' family was aware of their situation and wishing them the best. It made her feel a little better to know there were people behind supporting them. It wasn't like last time.

"Good old Darcy," she said, smiling. "I'll have to check in with him eventually, but... I think I'd rather put it off for now."

She tried not to dwell on James' somewhat pessimistic reply to Lisa and instead focused on the mention of Arya.

"Oh yeah, how's she doing?" she asked. "Is she still with Raidon?"

Even after a couple years, it was still surprising to think how Raidon had turned around and even captured the heart of Lisa's sister. That had been a bitter pill to swallow, but it seemed like they'd made it work.

High General's Chambers

Jax couldn't help but grin as Alina fixed him with that incredulous look as she rattled off her excellent reasoning for including Raidon.

"Brains, beauty, and brawn - all in one package," he replied. He took hold of the hand she placed on his arm and pulled her closer.

"I miss the times where I could tell you slack off a little," he murmured, breathing in the scent of her hair before placing a kiss to the side of her head. "Guess there won't be any of that for a while."

He pulled away and headed for the door. Kokonoe's response to all this should be interesting.

"I'll make sure to be there for the meeting," he said, turning around as he stepped out of the door. "Let's hope we get a break of good luck for once."

Old Guard Headquarter

Alexei inhaled deeply on his cig, brows furrowed intently as he watched Belo and Ehlana. They weren't holding up as well as he'd hoped. Ehlana managed to pull through and direct her attention to present action and suggested looking through police records. Alexei nodded and stood beside her, watching Belo get further and further ahead.

"Belo's getting to be a problem," he muttered to her. "He needs to keep his mind clear and focused on the objective."

He cast a glance at her, frowning.

"That goes for you too. If we were in Arusia, would you be behaving like this?"

He let the question hang, then patted her gruffly on the shoulder.

"Better not let him get too far ahead," he said wryly, moving forward again. "He might decide to jack our ride and drive it back through that chamber."

Arusia

Reams of research data scrolled across the screen, illuminating Maxim's face as he soaked it all in.

"Ah, Kurik, please come in," he said, sensing the other man's presence behind him. He perused for a few more moments, then closed the data files.

"The Redcape analyses," Maxim supplied helpfully, smiling enthusiastically. "They're performing admirably. Calculating and running theoretical scenarios is one thing, but seeing them in action is another."

He faltered for a moment, realizing he'd been getting carried away.

"Uh, yes," the researcher continued, clearing his throat. "I asked you to come because the Old Guard has some important details they want to discuss."

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Police Cruiser

Lisa shot James a look that should have been able to cut a person in half. "Don't even joke about that. I finally found work I enjoy doing, and I will be quite cross with the universe if that gets taken away from me."

She took another bite of her sandwich, just asked about Arya, and held up a finger to signal she needed a second before responding.

"She's doing great." Lisa said after swallowing her mouthful of sandwich. "And yes, she's still with Raidon. Despite my distaste for the man, he is at least a good protector for her. He's actually beginning to grow on me a bit..."

"Sort of like a fungus..." She muttered the last bit.

----------------------------------------------

High General's Chambers

"Unfortunately, no." Alina responded, grabbing a bit of muscle near his rib cage and tweaking it to make him release her. "I'm fairly certain that slacking off isn't anywhere in my schedule for the next month. Unless Serena finds a way to get me fired, that is. Come to think of it, I could use a vacation. Maybe I should do something bad?" She asked, lacing her voice with sarcasm.

Giving Jax the best smile she could offer, Alina sank back into her chair and reached for the next stack of papers. "Thanks. Hopefully, that's not the last I'll see of you today. Working through the night isn't a habit I want to get into."

----------------------------------------------

Truck

"I know you're not incapable, but chasing after a monster isn't exactly something one does alone." Marcus quipped back, turning onto a larger street.

He stiffened in his seat at her next line of questioning. "Yes. I just recently discovered I have a strain, and no, I'm not sure whether to join the military or not. You could say this trip is somewhat of a trail run. Aside from when it activated the first time, I've never used it. So, I don't honestly know what I'm capable of."

Funny how she would latch onto the one topic that made him more than slightly uncomfortable. At least hunger seemed to distract her though.

"There's a taco shop over the next hill and a pizzeria two blocks past that." Marcus replied. "Aside from that, I don't know what else this area has to offer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next