Share | 

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Yes, she's not taking it very well.

I just love how Kokonoe shows up uninvited and is like "Where's breakfast?"

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:01 pm

well, she's very unconventional m.m and she does things very unconverntionally, plus she's smart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 pm

It's fun to play characters like Kokonoe or Cash and Carrie on the Army side of things that stomp all over your expectations of how they should act.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:05 pm

I think I would like dealing with them much better than actually playing them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Lol. It really has to be something that develops naturally, cause if you try to force it out that only defeats the point.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Jane!

You know, I forgot what an absolute gem Darcy was.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:24 pm

I was so sad when Jane died her relationship with Rise was so awesome m.m

And Darcy, I'll never forget what he did for Arya. Is he going to have a short cameo as well?

Alrighty....

I was looking through some glasses and stuff and I thought the devices the Russians use to scan for magic users could maybe look like the Scouters from Dragonball.

As for the weapons...
on the defensive side, I already mentioned the shield, that would create an energy barrier to repel magic that deal with physical damage, maybe up to tier 3?

then there's the magic that aims for the mind, so how about they create an energy barrier on the body? maybe put some bands around neck, wrists and ankles that sync up and prevent a few of those mind spells from hitting a person.

on the offensive, I mentioned the crossbow and bolts. They could be infused with energy (or whatever technology they have) and have to be shot at the magic circle pinning it into place. that would prevent the magic from being released for a certain amount of time or alternatively shatter the magic circle and cancel out the spell.

they could also have small grenades that release an airborne gaseous substance and if inhaled by a magic user they paralize the part of the brain that activates the magic.

so yeah, those are the thoughts I have. Let me know if we can work with any of that m.m
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:40 pm

I know.

Yes, he'll reappear. He's Rise's manager, after all, and he'd definitely want to help. He'd be a useful ally on the down-low, not being affiliated with anything noteworthy.

Ooh, that's all some impressive tech. I think that should work nicely.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Here's the Russian agent
Spoiler:

and this is the defector from Kaddath
Spoiler:

It's still a rough form. Let me know what you think and where we need to adjust

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:01 pm

And this is the provisional character sheet for James' sister.
I'll only play her if she fits in.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Both look pretty interesting. The defector is definitely more sympathetic than I thought he'd be. I'm interested to see what you do with him.

I like the sister. I'm interested to hear what her reaction to all of James' decisions were. Good idea to add strain views to the sheet btw.

I'll have to post my tentative characters soon.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:12 pm

yeah, I didn't want to make him "evil" per say, but I needed something that would cause him to betray his country and his life. In the end, I feel he will also just be a tool in the hands of the Russians.

Cool m.m

I realized I was getting confused as to who has what view on strains and magic so I made a list and I wanted to see how it would balance out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Yeah, I like that idea. I'll post the main Russian scientist later. I also have some Loyalists and the Anti-Strain leader.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:19 pm

awesome, I look forward to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:21 pm

God, if Alex's self-loathing isn't the stuff of legend...

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:22 pm

yeah, I had to skip some of those posts >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:28 pm

I think I skipped most of them, actually lol.

I skipped all of Lizzie and Snow's stuff, as well as most of the Army squad stuff. Just trying to hit the central stuff.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:36 pm

same here, I read anything that was vital to the central story and that already made for a pretty good read

on the flight back, I was writing a practice scene for Ehlana and Kurik to see if I could work with them as characters and a friend of mine wanted to read it and even though she didn't know the story as we do, she said she liked the setting and if it was a book she would totally buy it XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Awesome. ^^ Well, she can certainly read the rp.

GC would make for an awesome book, but it would be a truly daunting task to try to adapt it to novel format. The two major issues are the number of PoVs and the pacing. Rps have a much different flow, with the breaks between posts and such. To make GC into a book would probably require an entire rewrite, using the original text as a guideline.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:18 pm

what's a PoV?

and yes I realize that the pacing is quite different XD our pacing throughout the rp was at times really wild -.-'

well if I don't find a job after I graduate and I'm bored, I might start doing that XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Point of view. :0 Meaning, writing from that character's perspective. You'll know it's a character's PoV if you're describing their emotions and feelings rather than witnessing them. In an rp, the majority of characters have a PoV, whereas in a novel the majority will not. The rule of thumb for most novels is to have as few PoVs as possible while still able to the story across.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:24 pm

ah I see
So if you were to adapt an RP into a novel, you'd have to pick one or two major characters and write it from their point of view?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Exactly. :0 Well, it can be more than two. It depends on the scale of the conflict. My current series has one major PoV in the first book and two minor ones. By the second book, you have two major PoVs and a three or so minor ones. By the third, there's even more as the scale of the conflict grows.

The major issue I've had when considering it is that while Alex is the "central" character, his PoV doesn't actually contribute much to the story. While he is introspective enough to warrant a PoV, it's all self-loathing, which wouldn't really endear writers. And while characters like Rise and James have enough character material to make for interesting PoVs, it's hard to imagine them as the main vehicle for telling the story. An adaption would probably require rewriting Alex's character to some degree.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Mh...you're right. That's something I also noticed while re-reading. Alex was not as much in the spotlight as he should have been. And James was far too much in the spotlight for what his role should have been.

I guess it's partly because of me and the way I played him, but also partly because of the poor posting order. Nex usually posted after me. Sadly I only had one time slot during the day where I could post, so that was a little limiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:35 pm

Exactly. :0 I think I'd like to take a stab at it sometime, but it's going to take a lot of restructuring.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming   

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence Brainstorming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next