Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Teddy's Only Wish *

Go down 
2 posters

Would you read this to your child?
As a Bedtime Story.
Teddy's Only Wish * I_vote_lcap0%Teddy's Only Wish * I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
As a Campsite Horror Story.
Teddy's Only Wish * I_vote_lcap0%Teddy's Only Wish * I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Douse it in Holy Oil and burn it with a Vengeance.
Teddy's Only Wish * I_vote_lcap100%Teddy's Only Wish * I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

Teddy's Only Wish * Empty
PostSubject: Teddy's Only Wish *   Teddy's Only Wish * Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:44 am

I'm not sure if this is the latest rendition but I believe the spirit of the story is present.

Also, upon locating the Final Version, I will post it here in text form.

Till then, you may enjoy or be mortified with the version found in the Elfwood.

A Bear"s Wish

http://www.elfwood.com/u/ghosthell/story/a0eca340-274f-11e4-9961-7314ee8ced8f/a-bear-s-wish-txt

START OF PART 2

A Bear"s One Wish

http://www.elfwood.com/u/ghosthell/story/a0e37b80-274f-11e4-9961-7314ee8ced8f/a-bear-s-one-wish-2-txt

Try to avoid the other stories in my library as I'm pretty sure they are not the latest editions and the newer ones most likely had quite a few changes Teddy's Only Wish * 442579085
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Teddy's Only Wish *   Teddy's Only Wish * Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Hmmm...

With regards to part 1, I think the requirements to become "real" were interesting. I think like the bear said though, the results were kind of odd. If he was sentient to begin with, simply gaining flesh didn't benefit him in any way. I suppose this was more of a curse than anything else. In any case, I think the girl's reaction is not really typical. I think most kids would be beyond delighted to have their toys come to life. I'm sure it might startle them at first, but I don't think grabbing scissors and trying to murder it would be most children's instinct.

As for part 2, I guess the intention is a happy ending where the bear learns his lesson. It works, I suppose, although you kind of just end up back at square one. Also, the sudden change from modern talk in part 1 to ye olde English was rather jarring, to say the least.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Teddy's Only Wish *   Teddy's Only Wish * Clock11Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:04 am

Lol yes, i agree on all accounts.

The background of this story was, that a young girl (not that young) asked me to tell them a bedside story. So I came up with this in a matter of minutes as I was restricted by time. She had to wait till I was fully done.

After presenting it to her... She told me that she was now scared to sleep abs would rather get nightmares as she did have stuffed toys in her room.

So I got to creating a "happy ending" for it all.

I think the message of it would be,
One should be content with what they have and not to try going over your means. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. Striving for something larger than you is okay but be sure you are ready to take the initial backlash. And most of all, be ready to Sacrifice for your loved ones.

Thus, the going back to square one.

Either way it served the purpose. She was happy and could sleep well.
So I didn't look too much into it. (she wanted the "Shakespeare" effect as she was a fan, so I tried. For her, it was good enough . But i'm sure for a professional it would completely outrageous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teddy's Only Wish *   Teddy's Only Wish * Clock11

Back to top Go down

Teddy's Only Wish *
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: The Writing Desk-
Jump to: