Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat

Go down 
+3
madarrao
Shadow-Heart
Prisma*Illya
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:36 pm

so, did you read naruto since it finished?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:57 pm

I haven't read Naruto at all. I watched the original anime series. I tried to get into Shippuden, but they took so long to get it dubbed that I basically lost interest at that point. And the more I read about it, the less I liked.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:07 pm

when i started Naruto, only the first 70 episodes were dubbed,and then my interest pushed me to watch the rest subbed...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:17 pm

I see. Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 2332200876

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:26 pm

I started bleach first because I wasn't impressed much with Kid Ninjas and whatnot.

Bleach had great soundtracks and it was about spirits, hell, heaven and exorcism, among other stuff. It had amusing characters, though, for me, it still kept a serious, macabre, mysterious, tense and captivating feel to it all.

naruto, on the surface, felt like kids playing ninja, going on baby supervised missions and simply having a little bit of over exaggerated fun which ended with eating ramen and chasing girls or women.

I only started with Naruto because my classmate, friend,  wasn't into bleach. So to make him happy and have something to discuss with at school, I watched the show. Later on, I continued it alongside Bleach, figured there was some more to the story and wouldn't mind sticking with it to see how it all plays out.

There was always a low attachment feeling to it than Bleach. Bleach I always looked forward to watching enthusiastically.

Full Metal Alchemist and D-Grey Man sharing the same love as Bleach, would always be 2nd and 3rd with Naruto at the lower end, along with One Piece (another show that may come off as goofy on the surface but still holds some deeper darker elements, theme to it).

This is for action series. For psychological thrillers, Night Head Genisis and Death Note would be the top recommendations.

and oh yeah, a mix of both. Ghost in the Shell is a good contender. Maybe somewhat slow in getting the plot running, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Bleach has the best world-building of the Big Three. One Piece (which I was thinking of when you said that before lol) is by far the most ridiculous. Naruto sits in the middle. I think Naruto probably had the most enjoyable characters (in the early days).

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: 'Welcome to Jupiter!' NASA's Juno space probe arrives at giant planet   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:35 am

https://www.theguardian.com/science/live/2016/jul/05/nasas-juno-spacecraft-arrives-at-jupiter-live

Time to find out what Juptians / Jupitorians look like 

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 AlienConstelations.th Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 AlienPlanetCreatures.th

Ooookay lol
Taken from: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/04/world/juno-jupiter-nasa/

Quote :
Juno was launched nearly five years ago on a mission to study Jupiter's composition and evolution. It's the first spacecraft to orbit Jupiter since Galileo. Galileo was deliberately crashed into Jupiter on September 21, 2003, to protect one of its discoveries -- a possible ocean beneath Jupiter's moon Europa.
And
Quote :
The Juno mission ends on February 20, 2018, when Juno is expected to crash into Jupiter.
Lol so much money down the... gas pipe Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 3694477269 
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:54 am

Came across this site:

http://celebsleather.com/

Nice collection Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 4016036344

I liked, from the front page.
http://celebsleather.com/product/daredevil-netflix-season-2-jacket-charlie-cox/
and 
http://celebsleather.com/product/iceman-last-stand-leather-jacket-x-men/

Not too happy about some of the pricing though :/
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:31 am

Oh, that is pretty cool. The pricing isn't bad considering most leather jackets are at least of comparable price, if not more.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:36 am

the next Grand order commercial came out,showing off some of the knights of the round table

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:43 pm

You realize Jorg isn't here to comment on that anymore. Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 2332200876 Unless you're just baiting me.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:53 pm

if i wanted to bait you, id`ve just posted pics of the new servants as they came out,like Kiritsugu Assassin or Female Tripitaka

i just figured you might enjoy the video or the hot guys... or has FGO burned out to the point of hating everything typemoon

here,have some Lucius Tiberius:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:02 pm

They made Kiritsugu an Assassin? >.> Female Tripataka? I guess someone was playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

Sadly, all of Type Moon is starting to sour for me. Nothing turns me off so much as creative bankruptcy for the sake of franchise milking.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
They made Kiritsugu an Assassin? >.> Female Tripataka? I guess someone was playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

Sadly, all of Type Moon is starting to sour for me. Nothing turns me off so much as creative bankruptcy for the sake of franchise milking.

Kiritsugu:

most people i saw, attributed the female Tripitaka to Bulma from Dragon ball
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:00 pm

It makes no sense! Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 87804517

Why would Bulma be the inspiration? Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 746295744 And if Fate is taking inspiration from Dragon Ball, that's very telling...

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:24 pm

what makes no sense? Kiritsugu?

anyway, wanna read the history of the Eizbern?

translated by Kotonoha:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Yes. Unless Kiritsugu made a pact like Emiya -which he didn't! - then there's no way he would have become a Servant.

That was interesting. Sounded like old fashioned Fate goodness.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:54 pm

yeah illya, its AU kiritsugu who did make a deal with the world.

well, presumably, the entire thing would`ve been explained somewhere in the illya route.but since that never saw the light of day...

heck, we only found out that Illya was the Eizbern`s last attempt at the holy grail in the UBW anime.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Meaning, a Kiritsugu who isn't Kiritsugu, because a decision like that entirely invalidates his character arc in Fate Zero.

I'm pretty sure the VN stated that Illya was the Einzburn's last shot.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Meaning, a Kiritsugu who isn't Kiritsugu, because a decision like that entirely invalidates his character arc in Fate Zero.

I'm pretty sure the VN stated that Illya was the Einzburn's last shot.

i dont remember,but still
a family of magi giving up and deciding to live the normal magi life, and a factory of basically robots giving up and shutting down dont carry quite the same weight behind them.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:49 pm

True. It's funny, but I never thought of Acht or the rest of the Einzburns as homunculi. Definitely gives you a different perspective.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Why is Japan so persistent in giving male protagonists a female childhood friend? Like it happens all the time.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:45 pm

i dunno besides cheap shipping fodder, you think so too right,if theres a opposite gender childhood friend, then theres some form or romance between them

and maybe the japanese dont have the concept of "cooties" so the genders dont separate into cliques during childhood

and what triggered the question?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm

I had plenty of opposite sex friends growing up. But it's pretty usual to grow apart. Not so in Japan, it seems.

I was reading the MegaTen wiki and it came up. And I realized that Star Ocean 3, which I'm currently replaying, also does this. Then I started thinking of all the times I've seen this trope pop up.

It's funny, cause it's not entirely exclusive to Japan. When the West does this, though, it's more often the girl who has a male childhood friend who's always in love with her. And, unlike Japan, they usually fail to win the protagonist, who goes after the new bad boy.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:02 pm

well the easiest way to tie a secondary character into the plot is to have them care for the main character`s wellbeing the cheapest way to manufacture such a character is to have them be a "good" friend,

but new friends need to be explained or not as heavily invested without reason, so they just make them childhood friends for the easy way out

you can tell how much of an afterthought these "childhood friends" were on the fact that they usual have no bearing on the MC`s personality despite supposedly being there during the MC`s formative years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 33 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat
Page 33 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next