Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation

Go down 
+2
Nexius
Payne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:26 am

who knows, maybe if you wish upon a shooting star, some friendly people just might chance upon the site and stay for the long run Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 4134108735
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:44 am

If I had one magical wish, I'd probably put it to better use lol.

So, Ghosty, are you a fast reader?

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:18 am

hi
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:18 am

Hi. :0

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:20 am

used to be. Back in school days, I could finish a novel in a day or half but over time my speed decreased to weeks and months :/

I just can't read one thing for too long. I fall asleep, even if I like the story. A few pages in and all the words just become a hazy wall and I loose all interest or concentration. (This is with any thing with a lot of words and consistent reading, Digital or on paper).

But when I'm writing/typing, I can go on for hours, just when it comes to reading my own work at a later time or someone's.. I can only finish it if I take breaks. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 2416964522

I tried doing a Text-to-Speak setup. or the audio books but even those, I fell asleep to or found my self rewinding because I didn't realize when the audio simply became background noise and I had lost what was going on in the story Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 1494320738

~~~

Hey, while reading on some flying cars with AI systems for auto drive, that are being developed and soon to be released as close to next year :O

I came upon an article concerning futuristic advanced AI in which they mentioned the movie named "Her"

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2743656-Her-online-free

I'm currently watching it and... its.. interesting I suppose. Maybe some might thing pathetic but I don't know I kinda want to see what happens : D
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:32 am

What is it with people these days not being able to read more than three pages at a time? Geez. I think there are gnats with longer attention spans than you guys. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 2332200876

I kinda doubt we're getting flying cars any time soon. Even if it were possible to develop, perfect, and replicate the technology at a reasonable cost, it would completely change the infrastructure of the world. What would happen to roads, speed limits, in-country flights, travel across borders, etc.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:46 am

my eldest brother and younger sister are all the time reading (fanfics, novels, comics(bro), Mangas(Sis), etc) and they've got pretty decent speed :/

I don't know, some people are wired differently or its just the things going on in their daily life that takes up more precedence over spending time in leisure reading. :S

Here's the article on the Flying Cars
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/14/tech/innovation/tomorrow-transformed-race-to-build-flying-car/index.html
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 pm

I guess.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:56 pm

So, I'd like to pose a question. Why might a person be obsessed (or, at least, strongly associate) with the idea of justice?

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
So, I'd like to pose a question. Why might a person be obsessed (or, at least, strongly associate) with the idea of justice?
(puts on teaching glasses)

Well, there are typicaly two very distinct ways. Note that there are other ways, but these two are the most common and easy to explain.

First: Brainwash. Now I don't mean in a negative way, someone picks up a child a literally brainwashes the child until the child is spinning around yelling "JUSTICE!"

However we do live corrently in a society that heavily values justice, sometimes to the extreme. Constant pressure from family and media will cause children who are in contact with that to naturally become favored towards the concept of "justice" this can be futher influenced in they have someone that's an idol for them and that idol is big into justice.

Second: Bad experiences which cause a large feeling of frustration. A terrible past experience, such as the murder of the family can lead to this obsession in justice should the criminal either never be found or be able to escape it. In other words, the person will be so frustrated that justice failed, that they will take it in to their own hand to make justice work.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:54 pm

Hmm. What about if the person is an attorney who sees people get away with terrible crimes every day?

The character in question is from book 3. She's a young Middle Eastern woman who's handicapped (her legs don't work or are too weak to stand on, haven't decided). It would be easy to just tie her motivation to some tragic incident involving that, but I wanted to go with something a little more thought provoking.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:09 pm

murderers, rapists, molesters, etc, basically bad people don't get the justice that they deserve thus the victims and or their families are not fully compensated or feel relief.

Same thing can happen to your character.. the bad guy gets off via technicality or distortion of justice (lawyer got paid to fabricate evidence, resulting in the lower punishment or none at all for the villain)

This becomes the fuel for your character, which she may use to overhaul or re-invent the justice system (in her locality or overall {find all kinds of technicality situations and update them so as they can not be abused, etc})

Over her course of studying law, she finds too many cases similar to hers or where the bad guys cheat the system. this creates an obsession in her mind that True Justice shall reign supreme :/

.... oh wait, that's exactly what you were going for Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 1494320738
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:13 pm

that still falls in the second. The bad esperiences here are the crimes that get away and she feels frustrated over them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Hmm. What about if the person is an attorney who sees people get away with terrible crimes every day?

The character in question is from book 3. She's a young Middle Eastern woman who's handicapped (her legs don't work or are too weak to stand on, haven't decided). It would be easy to just tie her motivation to some tragic incident involving that, but I wanted to go with something a little more thought provoking.

I suppose your first question should be. What is justice?
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:18 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/05/obsession-or-justice-why-are-we-fascinated-with-revenge-3865404/

said: ‘When individuals are attacked in some way that feels unjust, they go through three psychological stages: a shock phase, an adjustment phase and a reaction phase.

‘In the reaction phase they will either decide to forgive, hold a grudge but do nothing – or take or plot revenge. Vengefulness is quite normal in many circumstances and evolutionary psychologists suggest that the ability to take revenge is part of human nature – it is hardwired into us.

‘Most of us were socially conditioned by our parents and so on to believe that the world should be fair. Revenge is one way of trying to get justice.’
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Good, I'm glad we all agree. ^^

Well, I don't want to turn her into Batman lol. I like the idea of her trying things the established way, but realizing its impossibly flawed.

What about a guy who thinks life should be all about pleasure and doing what feels right? I was just going to have him be a douchey frat boy or something, but again, I'd like to try to dig a little deeper.

Both are only minor characters, but I still want to make them memorable.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:34 pm

doesn't need to be a douche to enjoy what he likes :/ unless its really outrageous and the things he feels right are something that go against the local majority. (community)

So in that locality he would be despised but if he searches for a place where his kind of "likes" are excepted or people aren't really affected by his actions then he should be able to live a jail-free life

Basically it all depends on his guilty pleasures. A sadist or mean prankster would definitely be taken as a douche or hated person.

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:36 pm

shadow, that's not even a good article concerning what Justice is -.-

listen Illya. Justice is a can of worms that is difficult to explain in words because it changes it's deffinition with each individual. It is closer to an emotion in the sense that one can not touch it, see it or feel it, and instead can only feel the consequences of Justice.

In a very simple term, Justice is an ideolagy of when something is done in a fashion that makes the person in question feel not just right, but provides you a sense of order in the world, that actions will have appropiate consequences be them negative or possitive. To some people Justice can be leaving things to the police, for others it can be helping the police and for others it can be replacing the police. And there's an infinite possibility of other deffinitions.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm not saying he's a criminal. Just a die-hard hedonist. It's easy on the surface to have someone who thinks life should just be a big party of self-indulgence, but I'm trying to think of what might have lead someone to that conclusion.

That's true. In her case, I think it's about seeing people punished for doing wrong. Seeing people lose family and friends to murders or reckless behaviors, or seeing people ruin someone else's life and get away with it would be unforgivable to her.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:53 pm

"That's true. In her case, I think it's about seeing people punished for doing wrong. Seeing people lose family and friends to murders or reckless behaviors, or seeing people ruin someone else's life and get away with it would be unforgivable to her."

And that all can lead to her vying for revenge on all the criminals(at least those she witnessed) especially if her attempts at swift justice don't come to fruition. 

Obsession(dedicated or unhealthy) is something when the person focus all their might or time on getting the task done and if they keep getting denied the satisfaction of winning, then their mindset may turn to extremes.

In my opinion, a person doesn't develop an obsession if they keep winning, I think that may lead to addiction but obsession is a different extreme.

But hey I'm no genius in this matter so don't really take my word for it XD
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:03 pm

So, what about the case for hedonism?

I'm thinking maybe this guy has a dad who walks out on them for a younger woman. The dad gets on just fine, while the mom has to work two jobs to support them and put away money for him for college. She dies from overworking herself.

He looks at these two things and thinks that doing what makes you feel good pays off. So he goes to college and weighs out all he can do for fun against sitting at a desk pouring over dull books. Naturally, he drops out and swipes the money from the college fund his mom put away. He uses it to open a strip joint and starts bringing in good money. So always doing what he feels like seems to work out.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:12 pm

lol if you put it that way, then I guess it all fits : D
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:16 pm

I feel like it works, but there needs to be a really strong conviction there that I'm not feeling.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Oh, I know. There must be a time where he goes against this instinct and does something selfless, and it comes back to majorly bite him in the butt.

Ideas?

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:37 pm

he helps someone who then ends up using that help to kill a family
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 4 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation
Page 4 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next