Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Fate / Arcana OOC

Go down 
+2
SnedHlepPls
Payne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:10 pm

The verdict is still out on that one.
I miss my friend, but time has given me the ability to sort of let go.

We didn't part on poor terms, of that's what you're thinking. I just realized there wasn't a lot of free time in her world.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:16 pm

That's good, I guess. Distance gives rationality a chance to triumph over emotion.

I hear people say that, but how difficult is it really to just chat for a few minutes a day? Every day, without fail, I always call my parents to talk. Sometimes we have lengthier conversations, sometimes it's just enough time to say I love you and good night. But I think if something means enough to you, there's never "not enough time" for it.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:17 pm

You're talking to the wrong end of the conversation here. I'm not the one that didn't have the time.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm not accusing you. I'm having a discussion and telling my thoughts. Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 2332200876 I've been on the receiving end of "not enough time" before, and it hurt a lot. Took me the better part of four years to get through that one mess. I'm finally past it, which feels good, but I think life is progressively making me more cynical. Not necessarily jaded, but certainly cynical.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Understandable. I think even now, she still owns some part of me. That's probably to be expected though. The two of us talked for at least an hour a day for almost four years.

At least I did finally get the chance to give her a real hug while I was in Germany. As parting gifts go, it wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:31 pm

I think a lot of the time, the worst relationship circumstances are when the expectations turn out to be unequal. So when you view talking to someone every day for years as something meaningful, and they walk away like it was nothing much, that really stings. It's a lot easier when the relationship drifts naturally on both ends. I think the lesson I finally learned is that trying to cling to something that's clearly over is only going to prolong the pain. Better to just let it go and put your best face forward.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:39 pm

That's pretty much what I've done. The only contact I've kept up since August or September has been to say Merry Christmas or happy new year. The kind of stuff an old friend would do.

To be honest, I don't regret it though. I was working through some heavy stuff during the first year we talked, and having someone who would just listen without judgement probably helped a lot more than I know.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 3:55 pm

No, I don't think regretting it is the right thing. You have to appreciate the good with the bad. I think that's a healthier way to heal than throwing out the baby with the bath water. You know, my obvious, instinctual reaction to Jorg up and leaving was to get mega pissed. But I don't want to be that kind of person anymore, and I'd like to remember all the good times past.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 4:16 pm

I can respect that, although I can't say that I was angry when I realized that Alina and I were drifting apart. It was more like I'd always known it would end in one of two ways, and this was just the disappointing outcome.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Well, everyone responds differently. I'm a very loyal person and set high expectations for others. So when they don't meet them, I get mad and tongue-lash them. I'm a very strong person in good and bad ways. So I never get weepy or sad over people cause I'm too good for them. I'm the opposite of my sister, who will cry for ages over people not worth the effort.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 4:29 pm

I've always been more of a "go with the flow" kinda guy. Acceptance of situations usually comes to me fairly quickly, but that doesn't mean it doesn't slowly kill me inside for a while before I internally bounce back.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 4:35 pm

It's funny, cause I tend to kick and scream in resistance to change, but once the change actually happens, I'm really adaptable and don't have lingering regrets. I just have to work on the first part, especially since the picture of change I conjur in my head is always worse than whatever happens.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 5:46 pm

I don't usually show any outward resistance to change. That's part of my persona. Over the years, I've learned to compartmentalize and move on. Sometimes life sucks and situations blow up in your face. If I broke down every time that happened, I'd never drag myself out of bed in the morning.

So, for me, it's easier to just accept the facts and deal with them as I have time to.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 6:21 pm

That's good, although that can blow up in your face in its own way. Bottling up too much is pretty toxic.

I posted btw. :0

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Hence the "heavy stuff" that I mentioned earlier. In any case, I've tired to move on. Only time will tell whether or not that's a good thing.

I saw. ^^

Just waiting for a post from Archer to move on with the morning.
Back to top Go down
aradials
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
aradials

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Speaking of, Archer post!

Hope it's ic enough, just give me a shout if it's not. Just working on posts for the other two now!

Edit, Henry added!

Last edited by aradials on Wed May 18, 2016 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Looks good to me.
I'll post tonight after dinner.
Back to top Go down
aradials
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
aradials

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 8:27 pm

Awesome : D
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Your take on Archer is nice. Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 4134108735 He's very sweet and genuine.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Lancer will hate him. XD
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Why? :/

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 9:01 pm

well, maybe "hate" is a strong word here. : P
but she'll definitely dress him down a few times for his naive nature.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Wed May 18, 2016 11:08 pm

How is he naïve? :/

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Thu May 19, 2016 12:33 am

he trusts too easily in her book.
but then, so does her Master. XD

posted.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11Thu May 19, 2016 9:30 am

Well, perhaps. I'll be interested to see what made Lancer so uptight.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fate / Arcana OOC   Fate / Arcana OOC - Page 36 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Fate / Arcana OOC
Page 36 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next