Share | 

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Nothing..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:55 pm

dont worry payne, saber can get some action too
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Bahaha.

Mana transfer triangle!

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Saber isn't really looking for a relationship. XD
She'd rather be fighting dragons or invading rival nations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Good. Cause the romance isn't for her. It's for Elli.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:09 am

Payne wrote:
Saber isn't really looking for a relationship. XD
She'd rather be fighting dragons or invading rival nations.

I think I know which mythology she comes from
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:36 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Good. Cause the romance isn't for her. It's for Elli.

I think I have an idea of how to make it work
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:05 am

How? :0

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:42 am

we'll see as it goes. anyway do you have any idea how bad hygiene was back then? :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:49 am

Yes lol.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:51 am

I think I'll force berserker's master to take a bath
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:24 am

Why is it so hard to find arguments in favor of social darwinism? I know it's not exactly politically correct, but surely some people must have some ideas about how it could be beneficial.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:28 am

what's social darwinism?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:34 am

Pretty self-explanatory. Extending the concepts of survival of the fittest to modern society.

Basically, I'm trying to refine the arguments given in favor of it at the end of the book. I don't want people to automatically dismiss the coven as villains. I want readers to really consider the points they make as valid.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:37 am

ah. I can explain why it's hard to find good arguments.

The only ones who would give good arguments about it are those who are in an advantageous position within that concept.

That means the rich. And for the most part rich people either don't care because they are rich or they are like Trump, complete social retards.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:41 am

Well that's sort of true loll.

What would your best arguments be in favor of it?

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:50 am

depends on how the direction you want to take.

you could go the "hardworker" route. where a hardworking person who got success is disgusted that instead of being rewarded by society he is instead a target of the lazy people who surrownd around him like parasites.

If you want to add some humanity, you could also point out that that person isn't a selfish bastard, but is simply frustrated that he had to sheed blood and tears to get where he is and these random ants just come around and complain for laying on their ass all day.

there's always that counter argument where sometime there's these people who are really hardworking, but simply lack either the connections or luck to find success. But you could also go a further extra mile with the character defending that those people he would help gladly, but those are the exception, not the rule
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:59 am

Spoiler:

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:04 pm

well, that's a logical summary, but that's not what you want I'm guessing.

You want an emotional connection with the reader, one that alows them to understand and feel for their beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:17 pm

Exactly. :0

I don't know if you realized, but Tasha is black. In retrospect, I think that's a good thing, as many people seem to associate social darwinism with anti-feminism and racism.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:23 pm

yeah i noticed
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Oh okay. I don't want to draw a lot of attention to people's ethnicity, but I also don't want it to be overlooked.

But anyway, I'm thinking that the arguments might be more effective at hitting the emotions if I make it more personalized, like the interludes.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Remember that I'm portuguese, we were the first to enslave black people and the first to free them. We have little racism here, so don't be surprised if I don't point out her skin color.

That's typically how it works. If you want it to make it emotional, it needs to be personal.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Well, I'm not surprised. I was just wondering whether or not people would pick up on it.

True. I think I have some good ideas. My lucky charm still works.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:49 pm

so your story is based on current world and not a fictional one :o

The Slaves in my stories wouldn't be addressed by color but only status.

ie: A lord versus a peasant or high level businessman looking down on a low class unemployed person. etc.

These "big" people could treat these other people as someone beneath them and use/abuse them as they deem fit. Maybe even buy them from their parents/ landlords/ owners etc.

People can be born with different colors or locations but there wouldn't or shouldn't be any raised issues concerning that... but of course there could be scums who wouldn't look at a persons status but straight away go look at the majority rule (which is how racism starts).

But if you are the god of your world, you can avoid such things. You can choose to give equal standing to all your colored races.

That's what I would like to do in my stories. but hey if it doesn't sell or click with others then meh, its because they've gotten too used to our current real world. If there was no issue of racism in our world then making a story world of such would be deemed normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next