Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat

Go down 
+2
madarrao
Nexius
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:28 pm

I don't make a fit when something new comes out. I get upset when something for any franchise or series I like is made for the purpose of simply getting some quick cash without any creative integrity behind it. I think people deserve to be paid when making a quality product, certainly not for taking a dump all over their previous work just out of greed.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 pm

I personally agree with that viewpoint. : o
however, money makes the world go round.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Yes, it does. That's not an excuse though. There's no reason you can't make a sequel or spin-off or whatever while simultaneously respecting and working within the confines of the previous work. But, pssh, effort right? Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 4276320252 Can't have that!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:34 pm

i fail to see how this as anything to do with the new fate other than being made to milk the franchise more :0
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Because it butchers all the previous canon. It's not just lazy; it's stupid.

Yes, why not have Marie Antoinette be a Caster? The fact that she was a French queen who's only known for being pompous and being beheaded by peasants totally had to be a magus! Not like having magical powers might have prevented that little episode!

And Mozart, why not? Surely, the ability to play instruments must be a magic talent. Just like writing, I guess.

And Berserkers having the qualification that they had to have been mad at some point in their legend? Nope! Now it can be anyone.

And hey, why bother sticking to the fact that Servants have to be heroes from history and myth? Let's use storybook characters now that were in no way ever revered as heroes! Because why not? And while we're at it, we'll get rid of the Grail altogether and have Servant classes that were designed to hide hero names made pointless by having everyone announce their names.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:52 pm

I fail to see how, and I know more than you do about it, so I should be the one seeing it, not you.

you not knowing about someone doesnt mean they didnt do anything.

your point?

Berserkers could have always been anyone, did you not read Fate/Zero? And deffine me mad.

ah, no? Servants are beings, real or fiction that at one point in time were worshiped as gods. This is in the ****ing prologue of FSN. It's the only point why Kojiro and Emiya exist, even though one is fictional and the other one didn't exist in history or myth. And also just to shut you up, Carmilla is the FIRST vampire in fiction, she was created before ****ing Dracula.

The grail was never a necessary system for the servants to show up. It was a necessary system for heaven's feel.

they annouce their identity to you, you know their Master. Seems like a pretty usual thing for a servant to state their name to their master
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Not knowing? I know plenty about Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution. Making her a Caster is as ridiculous as it is for Mozart.

No, it was stated that the reason Lancelot could be summoned as a Berserker was because he was mad with grief for his betrayal of Arturia, and voluntarily plunging into madness was a way to stave off the crushing guilt.

Yes, by that definition, you've admitted that barely any of these new Servants deserved to be titled as such. And I know who Carmilla is. I did a report on the book. Being the first fictional vampire in no way makes her qualified as a hero worthy of worship. She's not even that famous. Dracula is a household name, whereas no one who hasn't explored that type of literature would know who Carmilla is. Further, why would a story character be worshipped? Before you try to drag up the Dracula comparison, his novel was both more famous and speculated to have been connected to Vlad Tepes. And yes, you can try to say Carmilla is based on Bathory, but that's far less of an accepted and well-known view, just as Bathory herself isn't nearly as well known as Vlad.

Necessary for Heaven's Feel, yes. But how many people are capable of summoning and maintain a Servant without the Grail's help? Not only that, what other reason would there be for all these random heroes to be waltzing around? And geez, the Grail could only manage to draw forth 7, and that was akin to a miracle. Now we have like 40+ and no one thinks anything of it.

Yeah, to their Master only, unless they're really thickheaded like Iskander or pompous like Gil.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Not knowing? I know plenty about Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution. Making her a Caster is as ridiculous as it is for Mozart.

so?

Prisma*Illya wrote:
No, it was stated that the reason Lancelot could be summoned as a Berserker was because he was mad with grief for his betrayal of Arturia, and voluntarily plunging into madness was a way to stave off the crushing guilt.

Spoiler:

try again?

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Yes, by that definition, you've admitted that barely any of these new Servants deserved to be titled as such. And I know who Carmilla is. I did a report on the book. Being the first fictional vampire in no way makes her qualified as a hero worthy of worship. She's not even that famous. Dracula is a household name, whereas no one who hasn't explored that type of literature would know who Carmilla is. Further, why would a story character be worshipped? Before you try to drag up the Dracula comparison, his novel was both more famous and speculated to have been connected to Vlad Tepes. And yes, you can try to say Carmilla is based on Bathory, but that's far less of an accepted and well-known view, just as Bathory herself isn't nearly as well known as Vlad.

actually by my definition all of them qualify. And you saying "she's not even that famous" does not mean that at one point in time she wasn't famous in some remote village that you and I know nothing about. I don't know, that's what almost half the world wants to know about the bible.

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Necessary for Heaven's Feel, yes. But how many people are capable of summoning and maintain a Servant without the Grail's help? Not only that, what other reason would there be for all these random heroes to be waltzing around? And geez, the Grail could only manage to draw forth 7, and that was akin to a miracle. Now we have like 40+ and no one thinks anything of it.

Who says they aren't receiving help from this thing's system help? I don't know, I'm not going to pretend that people have logical reasons. The Grail akin to a miracle, lol.

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Yeah, to their Master only, unless they're really thickheaded like Iskander or pompous like Gil.

And who told that they were doing otherwise?

and Gil never stated his name to anyone. through out FZ and FSN
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Carmilla is a book character! That's like saying they should make Katniss from the Hunger Games an Archer Servant cause she's a famous literary character now! And we're really off-base when we start trying to stretch the original Servant qualification of "worshipped" (as in revered as someone worthy of legend for their miraculous feats) and to just meaning famous or well-known. Everyone knows George Washington. Should we make him a Berserker cause he chopped down a cherry tree? I mean geez, we're using MOZART, so why not?

Madarra said all the Servants basically announce their names when you encounter them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:01 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Carmilla is a book character! That's like saying they should make Katniss from the Hunger Games an Archer Servant cause she's a famous literary character now! And we're really off-base when we start trying to stretch the original Servant qualification of "worshipped" (as in revered as someone worthy of legend for their miraculous feats) and to just meaning famous or well-known. Everyone knows George Washington. Should we make him a Berserker cause he chopped down a cherry tree? I mean geez, we're using MOZART, so why not?

Madarra said all the Servants basically announce their names when you encounter them.

except one is over a century old, while the other one is barely even existant in age?

did you know most myths actually come from a written piece? I know right, crazy.

I don't see why George Washington couldn't be a servant.

yeah, cause when you meet them they tend to be yours :V
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 am

ok, now lets talk serious, I do not care about the story. This is a game, a ****ing a mobile game, whatever "plot" it might have is mirely there to justify it's gameplay, nothing more, nothing less. The only things relevant that this game will bring are more background on certain characters and new servants concepts.

in simpler words. I don't see the point in being pissed over a MOBILE GAME because it's not consistent with previous titles
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:14 am

Yes, but at the time myths were written, people actually believed they were real. >.> No one ever thought Carmilla was anything but fiction!

That whole worship/revere /=/ well-known thing went in one ear and out the other, huh? No matter how well known Marie Antoinette or Mozart or George Washington are, they aren't known for epic feats.

Whether it's a mobile game or not isn't the point. It's just an example of how creators are willing to ruin their own content just to make a few bucks.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 am

Let it be made abundantly clear to all members of this site that you are free to debate and dispute ideas as much as you like. You do not, however, have the right to insult the person with whose opinions you disagree. Failure to adhere to these guidelines, clearly specified under the Forum Rules, will result in disciplinary action.

Consider this a warning.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:44 am

oh lovely this mode again. I forget americans are sensitive

or maybe im just incredibly rude
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:42 am

so, jorg, did you try playing Grand Order? or did you give up cuz its in japanese?
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:34 am

people have a rite to be annoyed, I too would be disappointed if someone revealed a new game and it was completely devastating "in my opinion" with the sole reason being that they changed too much to be comfortable "to me". After all I would have been waiting for years for some new content from them.

Sure some will enjoy it, while other "die hard" fans may not take the new direction so appreciatively.
The other backing reason that drives our resentment is the fact that now we will have to wait for another X-Number of years before a new release comes out but now we have to worry about if the newer one will be closer to the current or will they go back to the root source material (probably unlikely).

anyhow what I'm saying is people need to acknowledge that there will always be 3 types of groups (In-Favor, Unaffected, Against) whenever change is made.
This is the same with anything brand new. People will like it, thus go for it. People wont Like it, thus will stay away And then those who will acknowledge the new innovation, but stick to their own or old way of things.

Only difference, those with passion will revolt against the things that have "changed".
In the end. If one doesn't like something, then they have the rite to state their views, others who like the "change" or "the new", can also state their opinions, even the two can try to make the other see from where they are coming from, in a civil manner, but neither has the rite(maybe too strong of a word here!) to act as if "their" view is the most important and all others are simply lesser than them because they cant grasp how "they" feel for the particular thing in question.

Simply acknowledge each-other and move on. Life's too short to argue, unless either party states before hand that they wish to debate their views and hope for all parties to come to an unanimous decision. Then its a battle for one's point of view, and in a battle anything goes to win (If one wants to play like that).

#############

Spoiler for one of the episodes for Lost Girl Season 3:
The Pied Piper, he was revealed to be a Fae Creature who hid/masked his magic powers in his flute. In the modern era he could simply cast an illusion on those who could directly see him. The victims would hear music (Like a Siren's) and follow him in a trance to secluded area where he would feed off of their energy.

Mozart's "music" has been rumored, fictionalized, gossiped, conspiracy theorized, etc as to hold some kind of power on its listeners. or some other bewitchery.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart_and_Freemasonry

http://www.occult-mysteries.org/symbolism.html

www.rense.com/general45/mozrt.htm
Though this above link states otherwise.
An extract from it.

Quote :
It really was a case of sour grapes, because, as was widely known, he had expensive tastes and frequently aspired to their level and affluence, but failed. His joining the Freemasons in 1784 was very much motivated by the chance to interact on equal footing with some of Vienna's leading aristocracy and most influential officials, rather than any lofty ideals. It has been acknowledged that he certainly did not share any of their esoteric interests and was not a spiritual man. His "Zoroastrian riddles", written in 1786, are "not so much arcane as bawdy; .. The riddles confirm Mozart's delight in . obscene jokes" and "what is certain is that they do not show Mozart delving into the occult" (Roselli 1998: 113).

Something unrelated, In X-Men Days of Future Past, They revealed that J.F. Kennedy(American President) was a mutant.... so yeah that's their fictional world, thus they can change "our" history however they wish.

The fact is that the only way it is "our" history, is because they used names of people and places that the current real world people know off. If they went with something like Final Fantasy, DeusEx, LOTR, etc, then the whole story/Image would not have had the "impact" they would/were/are going for.

It is the same with Nasuverse(Fate/Series), the usage of familiar names is what gives it its own "impact". but they add to it their own touch in what they feel like appeals to them and for the off-chance to others then it'll be a hit, if not, at-least they enjoyed making and playing their fictional incarnation.

(This is my opinion, what I believe and see things as; thus I agree that I may be wrong because honestly I cannot say what someone else is really thinking.

So no Hate please. Life's too short to spend it on hating one another just because they said something that you don't approve off or believe it is so.

I don't believe it too, I just currently think it so, till my views are changed, based on self found hard, physical and real facts.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 am

madarrao wrote:
so, jorg, did you try playing Grand Order? or did you  give up cuz its in japanese?

I will never give up until i get Medusa! Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 2733086858

btw got chibi Iskander. he is ****ing awesome
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:04 am

theres a promotion till the 14th that if you do the 10 saint quartz craft you get 1 guarantied 4 star.

also, some servants can only be rolled after finishing story chapters,

from what i know, you cant get Alter until you finish Fuyuki,you cant get Lancelot or Caster Gilles till you finish Orleans,and cant get Nero until you finish Rome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 am

madarrao wrote:
theres a promotion till the 14th that if you do the 10 saint quartz craft you get 1 guarantied 4 star.

also, some servants can only be rolled after finishing story chapters,

from what i know, you cant get Alter until you finish Fuyuki,you cant get Lancelot or Caster Gilles till you finish Orleans,and cant get Nero until you finish Rome

I just want Medusa, Leonidas, Scathach, Boudica and Atalanta
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 am

Scathach isnt in the game yet, and i dunno about Atalanta
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 am

what? why not?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:46 am

Good points, Shadow.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 am

jorgiguel wrote:
what? why not?

shes probably gonna come at a later update, one of the unreleased zones translates to something irish sounding, so she`s probably gonna be there

Arjuna and Jekyll are not in the game yet either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:56 am

madarrao wrote:
jorgiguel wrote:
what? why not?

shes probably gonna come at a later update, one of the unreleased zones translates to something irish sounding, so she`s probably gonna be there

Arjuna and Jekyll are not in the game yet either

sad
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Hey, madarra, I can probably try to photoshop that set for you.

Quote :
An idol from birth. With a smile she heals the people, with a gaze she earns their adoration. Finding joy in being an image born to be loved, she persists in behaving just as others desire. Such mentality is already closer to a kind of goddess.

I guess that's why they beheaded her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 16 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next