Share | 

Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Neal shook his head. If only it were that easy.

"They're novices," he said. "But not quite so stupid as to make themselves easy to identify. See if you can't find out anyone she's had contact with recently. Then we can sniff them out."

From the tone of Neal's words, it didn't sound as though sniffing them out would be very pleasant for them.

He stood up and adjusted his coat, suddenly looking less like a witch and more like a tired and bothered man.

"Well, I'll check in with you in the morning. In the meantime, I need some aspirin for the 'greeting' you gave me."

Despite the annoyed tone of his words, he didn't seem particularly mad at Mati. Neal gave him a nod, then headed outside to the sleek black car at the curb, which melded into the night moments after it had started.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:24 am

The next day, Mati drove to the police station again, now he needed lists of those who had come forward.

Mati flashed his badge once again to the police officer, "Well, do you have the lists of people who came forward to say that it had witches involvement?" He asked, Mati knew there's possibility that they did not get their names.

However, he was pretty sure some of them forcefully gave their name cards to the police in order to earn some money as a consultant.

Well, Mati was having a bad feeling about this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:24 pm

The information Mati was given didn't seem to be of much use. Many of the would-be informers had left their calling cards, but seemed to be rather commercial performers, probably looking to get some free advertisement. Others had not, preferring to remain anonymous.

However, the police still had records of those calls. Surprisingly, one of the calls seemed to be come from within Victoria's own neighborhood.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:38 am

Mati said his thanks to the police officers about records of those phone calls and as he realized there was one of them from Victoria's neighborhood, he asked the police officer while making mental note of the number.

"Do you know who's number this is?" He asked, sounding curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Bulldog-face, the same police officer from before, looked up and sighed.

"You again," he murmured, taking a look at the number. After cross checking the information, he scribbled down a name and the address.

"Donna Hemphile," he said, handing it back over. "Think I've seen her around. One of those snooty up-class soccer moms. Lives down in that development - you know, where the lady died."

Perhaps by some foresight, Neal decided to call at that moment. Bulldog seemed grateful for the opportunity to resume ignoring Mati.

"Yo. Got a lead yet?" he asked.

~Phantom Thief Panther~

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:23 pm

"Yeah I got some lead," Said Mati, gesturing that he was going to leave the police station. He also gave the officer a nod of gratitude.

"Donna Hemphile" Said Mati as he walked towards the exit of police station. "I think she might be the only lead, we have for now. How about your side?" Mati asked him, as he was sure that Neal was not a person to just ask how Mati's side is doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:17 am

"I was indisposed," Neal answered evasively. "But you've been great. I'll handle it from here."

He hung up abruptly, smiling to himself. He just so happened to be an Victoria's place, looking through her list of contacts. The name checked out. Looks like having the hunter's help had paid off after all.

"Well, Donna," he said, heading for the door. "I think I'll pay you a visit."

--------------------

Apparently, being a witch was Donna's side job. During the day, she was a regular suburban soccer mom. Neal wrinkled his nose in distaste.

Typical amateur witch.

Donna seemed to have just come back from dropping her kids off. She was still in some kind of track suit, hair up in a pony tail, as she bustled into the kitchen and rifled through the cabinets. Probably starting dinner.

"I'm surprised you've never tried to use magic to cook."

Donna gave a cry of surprise and dropped the tray in her hands, the metal clattering on the countertop. She turned around to face the intruder, who was now directly in front of her.

"Hello, Donna," Neal said, smiling. "We need to have a chat."

[OOC: Go ahead and have Mati head over to Donna's and get in.]

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:39 am

"Hey, don't-" Before Mati could finish his sentence the witch hang up. Mati's frowned, and commented dryly, "This is why I hate to work with random people."

He started his car and drove to Donna's place. He hoped he wasn't late to undo the damage of his 'random'  partner.

He ranged the bell and gave noisy knock, "Mrs Hemphile" Mati raised his voice. "Open the door, I am from FBI," Then Mati tried to open the door and it turned out that the door was open.

He entered quickly to the living room, "Mrs Hemphile?" He called her name as he entered the house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:07 am

There were noises coming from the kitchen, but they stopped abruptly at the sound of Mati's voice. Then, quite suddenly, a woman called out.

"Kids, run!"

Her voice was instantly silenced. When Mati came around the corner, he came face to face with Neal, poised ready to cast a spell. When he saw Mati, he relaxed slightly and lowered his hand.

"Well, you're lucky. That could have been one of your kids coming in any moment," he said, patting the top of the head of the woman bound to the chair. "I'll let you think on that."

He approached Mati, looking annoyed.

"I told you I'd handle this," he said, casting a glance back at Donna. "I can't have you getting in the way of what needs to be done."

"Wait, wait," Donna said, wiggling in the chair. "I'll talk. Please. I'll talk."

Neal smiled and turned back to her, crouching down at her eye level.

"Yes?"

"I put out that the incident was witchcraft," she said, "so that the rest of the coven would realize what was happening and make a move against Gloria."

"Gloria?" Neal asked.

"The head of our coven," Donna explained. "A rivalry has been going on between Vicky and Gloria for a while now, each trying to wrestle control of the coven from the other. I think Gloria finally tried to do away with Vicky. She was my friend, you know. A good one. She was also..."

Neal raised his eyebrows. Donna sighed.

"She was also sleeping with Gloria's husband, Derek. Gloria wouldn't take that too well, if she found out."

Neal stood up, surveying Donna. Then, he turned toward Mati.

"What do you think?" he asked playfully. "Has she told us all she has? Should we let her go? Or... should we stick around till the kids come home."

"It's everything, I swear!" Donna whispered hoarsely.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:26 am

Mati sighed, "No, I have one more question to ask." Then Mati looked at Donna, "I checked Victoria's phone record, your number was there. What did you talk about?" He asked her.

Then he looked at Neal, and Donna again. "Don't lie now, cause I don't know what that witch will do to you."

Mati's mother, queen of witches, Hecate, had given him an assurance that spell won't work on him as that was the reason why she was the queen of the witches; in other words, that was the proof of him being the son of Hecate.

However, she had told Mati that if he lowers guard too much against the powerful witches, he would go through severe pain that would make him wish that he was dead.

It is probably why Mati couldn't lower his guard against Neal, something told Mati that he was not your ordinary powerful witch, but something more than that...

In any case, Donna would have felt that too. She did, after all, see his power in first hand to be in this situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:21 pm

Neal raised his eyebrows at Mati's hard negotiations, quite approving. The kid wasn't so bad. For a hunter, anyway.

Donna looked at him, then Mati, and sighed.

"Yes. It was about the affair. Vicky was going to tell Gloria about the affair, use it to humiliate and undermine her. I tried to talk her out of it, but she wouldn't listen. Gloria must have killed her to keep it from getting out."

Neal hummed thoughtfully. It made sense - enough to go on for now, anyway.

"So, how do we get to Gloria?" he asked.

Donna's eyes widened fearfully. Snitching was probably bad enough. Setting outsiders against the high priestess of the coven was tantamount to suicide.

"If she knows I sent you-"

"She won't live long enough to do anything about it, even if she does figure it out," Neal said. Donna swallowed thickly, then nodded.

"Willow Manor. It's past the river, a few miles down from this development."

Neal smiled, then snapped his fingers. The ropes binding Donna fell away.

"Thank you, sweetheart. Now, get yourself cleaned up before the little tykes get back."

He tossed her a dish rag, then headed out the back door, waiting for Mati to follow.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:43 am

Mati followed Neal out to the back door, Mati blows his hair upward. "Seriously, she would have told what she told us just now... You didn't need to go rough on her."

Mati crossed his arms, "So are you planning to make her regret of her action? You know that coven without a head will cause more trouble...right?" Said Mati, suggesting that just killing the head won't be suffice to solve the issue.

"You probably need to appoint another head of the coven, well, if you want to prevent the coven from causing problems."

Mati suggested his idea, to make sure Neal won't be thinking of eradicating whole coven...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:54 pm

At the sound of Mati's words, Neal paused and gave him an incredulous look. His gaze drifted over to where the kids seemed to be returning from their practice, and he urged Mati back to the cars.

"Listen, kid, you seem to be misunderstanding things here," he said, shaking his head. "I don't give a crap what this coven does. All I need to do is give them a clear message - Indiscretion isn't tolerated. Anything besides that is wasted effort."

Was it the difference between a hunter's mentality and a witch's? Or was it just this kid's unique perspective on things? Neal couldn't be quite sure.

"Anyway, we'll meet up at sundown then to crash this Gloria's place and settle things," he said. For him to be willing to cooperate, it meant he was smart enough not to underestimate this coven leader if he could help it.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:00 am

Mati gave Neal a thoughtful look, then sighed, "Alright, Neal. Sundown at Gloria's place. Don't go in there without me." Said Mati, starting his car.

"So this is all about sending a message to a coven that was not being discreet enough, huh?" Mati tapped on his steering wheel, "I really don't understand how your coven works..."

Mati looked at Neal again, "Well, do you need a ride to your place?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:02 am

No, Mati was no normal hunter. At his offer for a ride, Neal raised his eyebrows.

"I'm touched," he said, words tinged with sarcasm. "But I'll manage, thanks."

He raised a hand as Mati departed, watching him go. Not for the first time, he wondered if he should kill the hunter after all this. He mulled over the idea, like chewing on a tough steak, as he headed around for his own car. Well, he had till sundown to think about it.

--------------------

Neal held to his word and waited for Mati to arrive. They parked around the corner from Gloria's, then headed out on foot.

The mansion was quite large, but fortunately, not gated. They stole around the back and surveyed it, contemplating how best to enter it.

One hand in his pocket and the other stroking his goatee, Neal gazed at the windows and doorways, feeling annoyed.

"Well, the front door and the windows are out, unless we want to go in guns blazing," he said. "The back door is a possibility, but..."

He could see a vicious looking black dog poised by the back door, looking attentive. Obviously, Gloria was wary against uninvited visitors.

One of the second story windows was open up above.

"Would be nice," Neal mused. "If one of us could fly."

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:57 am

"Well, I am no superman, but I can get there." Said Mati, looking at the opened window. "I mean, have you heard of wall climbing? People have weird hobbies and some of them are helpful." Mati took out leather gloves he had in his pocket. He had it, because he wasn't sure what kind of curse items would be there in the house of coven's head. Even though, some of their effect be negated, but you never know.

"So I am alright, but how about you?" Mati asked the witch partner. "Do you want me to carry you over there?"

Mati wasn't joking, when he asked that question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:59 am

Neal laughed. He couldn't help it. Mati's offer was so genuine and ridiculous at the same time.

"When hellhounds fly," he muttered, walking over to the wall. "I'm not going to be the weak link here."

With that, he set his hands to the wall and began to climb. There was nothing easy about it, but he wasn't going to show his struggles while Mati scaled up it with ease.

After almost a minute after Mati had reached the window, Neal clambered over it, looking ruffled as he dropped to the carpet running along the middle of the wooden floor. He dusted off his jacket - really just an excuse to catch his breath and let his muscles relax - before looking up at Mati.

"Well, scratch wall climbing off my bucket list," he said sarcastically. "Now what?"

They could hear the sound of music being played from a room nearby. Neal stole along the hallway, pausing before a large doorway.

The doors were thrown open to an overly large master bedroom. The ceiling loomed high over the four poster bed. The rest of the room was dotted with expensive, dark wood furniture. At a very sizable vanity sat a woman primping. She must have been pushing sixty, though scarcely a line marred her face. She was slender and elegant, and her platinum blond hair was short and coiffed.

Neal raised his eyebrows at Mati, silently questioning what he wanted to do.

[OOC: You can just have Mati charge right in if you like.]

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:51 am

Mati looked at Neal as well, "You sure that's the one?" He asked, quietly, Mati looked at the woman once again.

For some reason, Mati was not entirely sure if he wanted to kill her... Something was off about this job. Something bothered Mati, then again, when did it not?

Mati looked at Neal, "You want to say anything to her?" Mati asked him, readying his leg to jump on the target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:08 am

Neal looked over at Mati, feeling annoyed. They couldn't exactly camp out right outside the witch's door and make plans. The longer they waited, the more likely that she would discover them. And who knew who else might be walking around the house?

"Evening," Neal said, turning around the corner. Gloria sprang to her feet, but before she could react, Neal had thrust his hand out, throwing her back against her vanity. She cried out at the impact, sending bottles of perfume and jewelry scattering across the table surface and onto the floor.

"You should have thought harder before you went and killed Victoria," he said, eyes narrowing. "Now, you're going to have to pay the price for your indiscretion."

He made to raise his hand again, but Gloria was faster. She squeezed her hand into a fist, causing Neal to drop to his knees as blood spewed out of his mouth.

"I don't know who you are," Gloria said, standing. "But don't presume to trifle with me."

Neal gave a wheezing chuckle, even as blood dribbled from between his lips. With an astonishingly fast slight of hand, he sent a hex bag skidding across the hard wood floor to rest at her feet. It burst apart in a flash of light, and Gloria staggered back against the bed, crying out. She covered her eyes with her hands, beside herself.

"Blinding hex," Neal said, getting to his feet. "You obviously don't know who I am, old hag."

The effect would wear off, but she didn't need to know that. For now, it was more important to know if there were any other loose ends he needed to tie up.

"So, you killed Victoria then to hush up her affair with your husband, Derek?" Neal asked for confirmation. "Was anyone else involved in this?"

He squeezed invisibly at Gloria's throat, and she writhed on the bed.

"A...ffair!?" she choked out.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Mati intervened Neal's final blow, "Wait!" Said Mati, for some reason Mati's hand interrupted Neal's spell by just touching Neal's hand.

Gloria was finally free from the choke, "Why did you kill Victoria then?"

Then Mati also started to have this feeling... Victoria was not killed by Gloria, but someone else...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Neal looked over at Mati when he shouted out, then back at Gloria. With a sigh, he released his hold on her. She fell back against the bed, coughing and shuddering.

"I didn't kill her," she moaned, burying her face in the mattress. "Affair..."

Neal stared down at her as the blinding hex began to wear off. She could be telling the truth. But then-

A gunshot rang out. Neal crumpled to the ground, gasping in pain as blood poured from the top of his right arm. He clutched it, teeth bared, as he swiveled his head to look around at the man standing in the doorway with his gun raised.

This must be Derek then. He was obviously younger than Gloria, much closer to Victoria's own age. He was an attractive man too, a tall and well-built man with closely cropped brown hair. If the gossip was true, it was ittle wonder his eyes began to drift from him elderly wife to a more a youthful alternative.

"Who are you two?" he demanded, alternating his weapon from Neal to Mati.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:10 am

Mati showed his hand, empty. "Calm down, sir. You do not want to do this." Said Mati; Mati glanced at Neal, to see if he was alright. Mati took a step forward so that the man would concentrate on Mati.

Mati looked at the man and the gun once more. "Put your gun down so you don't hurt anyone else." He then glanced at Gloria who was recovering from Neal's magic... If he did not act fast, it would end badly.

"We were actually to tell your wife about your affair, you see. You were cheating on her won't you? With younger lady called Victoria?" Mati told the man with confidence.

As the gun points to back to Mati's direction, and hoping that it would give him the opening window, Mati would heat up the gun with his pyrokinesis so that man would drop the gun to the floor. Using that moment, Mati would quickly knocked him out cold.

Then Mati would look at Gloria's direction so that she's not doing anything funny.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:38 am

Neal clutched his bloody arm, gritting his teeth. With some effort, he forced himself to his feet, backing away as Mati took the gunman's focus. Getting the drop on him was one thing; but now that Neal was aware of him, he'd find that the gun was not so useful as he thought.

"It's not true, is it?" Gloria moaned, sitting up. Her vision was beginning to clear, and her eyes sought out her husband. Derek swallowed thickly, looking at her. She was so vulnerable right now.

"No," he said. "I would never."

Neal smirked, moving steadily away from Mati so that it would be harder for Derek to keep a mark on both of them.

"Ooh, I think I get it," he said, trying not to let his pain show through. "Gloria really didn't have anything to do with Victoria's death. Sorry about that, love."

He winked in Gloria's direction, then looked back at Derek.

"We know Victoria planned to go to Gloria about the affair, try to undermine her in front of the group. But that secret getting out would be problematic, wouldn't it? You're a trophy husband, not a proper witch, and Gloria might kill you for the betrayal. So you stole a hex and used it on Victoria to keep her silent."

Derek's jaw tightened. Gloria's eyes widened in shock.

"Is that-?" she began, but her words were drowned out by Derek's yell as his finger squeezed the trigger.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 am

Mati quickly pounced at the gunner the moment he started to yell; he quickly intercepted Derek's action by hitting the gun barrel upwards, hoping that force would alter the aim of the gunner.

Well, he was not so sure if he had successfully have made the gunner miss its mark or it was too late for him... but then, it would not hurt him to try.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 am

Neal had anticipated the shot. It was the most natural progression of events. What he hadn't expected was for Mati to pull a heroic gesture at the last moment.

"Idiot!" he said. But it was too late. The second Derek had pulled the trigger, the hex Neal had put on the gun activated. The gun burst into flames, igniting Derek's arm. He screamed and fell to the ground, flailing. Mati, close to the blast, would probably combust as well.

"Poor fool," Neal thought, trying to look through the flames.

~Phantom Thief Panther~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot   

Back to top Go down

Supernatural: Legacy - Hex Marks the Spot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next