Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 9:58 am

yes you can

and it's good to have high perception, because i'm going to be rewarding people for having it :V
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:01 am

Okay  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4134108735

Spoiler:

Edited stats  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4134108735
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:15 am

ok, guys i had an idea but i need everyone's opinion on it.

so i thought of adding a health system, now i know it makes things slightly more tedious, but let me give you the pros and cons of having a health system.

Pros of having a health system:

- Provides a sense of mortality(no running head first and everything goes well)
- Alows the use of certain reward systems like health potions, items that reduce damage, money to buy stuff like that.
- Combat becomes more dynamic and sometimes more epic(imagine killing fooder while slowly dieing from poison).
- Abilities can actually have a stronger impact on the overall story.
- Alows the effective use of traps to punish reckless exploring before facing a boss.

Cons of having a health system:

- Things become more complicated(not to complicated, but enough to be differant).
- Something new, might not work well(i'm confident on my experience from D&D though).
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:20 am

Sorry Jorg, I am not really in favor of having health system... But I will follow majority
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:22 am

hmmm, may i know the reasons though?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:27 am

Well, I too resist the complications of stat systems. But if you want to give it a try, I'll go along with it.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:29 am

Well, for one, it will make things too restricted... Yes, it will make people to be careful, but I have a feeling it will make people to be too careful...

Another thing is the potion system that comes with it.... and the damage system you have to work it out as well...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:30 am

hmmm ok. I was thinking of how to add a sense of danger with traps and how to make finding treasure feel rewarding since I wanted exploring to be a big thing. But if people are against it, i'll scrap it
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:34 am

Well I don't mind trying out if you have completed the system  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 142249227

But, I am not entirely sure about health system in general unless its really purely for PvP  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 3680231627

Like Gedo's hurt and heal  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 142249227
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:39 am

Well, we could try it for the first mission or two and see how it goes. If it's more trouble than it's worth, you can scrap it.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:42 am

I am with Illya  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 142249227

May be you should try it out with Illya's character  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 3680231627
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:52 am

hmmm, perharps i should show the system so you can have a better idea of what it's like?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 10:53 am

Sure. Couldn't hurt. :0

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:07 am

ok so everyone has 100% health

damage is done in acordance to the stat used x 10.

so physical damage uses the physical stat. So 1 physical equal to 10 damage, 2 physical equal to 20 damage, 3 physical equal to 30 damage.

Magic damage uses the mental stat and works the same logic as the previous.

Damage reduction use a similar logic, except with one differance. instead of being x 10, it's x 10 - 10

So physical damage taken would use the physical stat, if you have 1 physical that means 0 damage would be reduced, 2 means 10 would be reduced and 3 that 20 would be reduced. Same logic would apply with Magic.

these number could then change depending on weapons, armors, items and abilities and even how the attacks are(example attacking using the blunt side of the weapon would deal less damage but hitting someone's head with a axe would deal huge damage.)

since the goal of this system is simply for PvE, most of it would be intoative.

hmmm, perharps doing a test run would be good? like a rping a simple dungeon to see if the system is fine or just a nucense?
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:12 am

Yeah I think you should try it with Illya first? So that she could give you constructive feedback  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 142249227

I will read it so that I could get the 'feel' of how this system works  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:19 am

Thanks, Nex.  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4276320252

Well, Jorg, as long as you are in charge of doing all the calculations, I'll roll with it.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:22 am

Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4134108735 I am being honest.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:23 am

And have no sense of subtlety.  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4276320252

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:25 am

No, I am just saying I might not give proper evaluation of how system is working or how to improve them.... I never been GM before  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 142249227
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:25 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Thanks, Nex.  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4276320252

Well, Jorg, as long as you are in charge of doing all the calculations, I'll roll with it.

yes i'll do them for people.

I want you to use Echidna btw, just let me prepare a few things
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:27 am

Okay, sounds good. :0

I feel like a lab rat. :P

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:28 am

Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4134108735 With your character? Nah, you should feel like a beta tester  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4134108735
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:37 am

Yeah.  Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4134108735

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:39 am

Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 4134108735 I am looking forward to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11Sun May 10, 2015 11:48 am

ok, so where should I open this? in the IC?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC    Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC - Page 2 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Ascension: The Immortal Emperor OOC
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next