Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming Rps Poll

Go down 
+3
Spiriter
Nexius
Prisma*Illya
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which rp would you like to see next?
Perdition
Upcoming Rps Poll I_vote_lcap20%Upcoming Rps Poll I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hellcaster
Upcoming Rps Poll I_vote_lcap60%Upcoming Rps Poll I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Other (please specify)
Upcoming Rps Poll I_vote_lcap20%Upcoming Rps Poll I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:22 pm

It's time to bring some new rps onto the forum! So I need help in deciding what our next entry should be. Here are the two ideas I'm working with at the moment. Please vote between them (ONLY if you plan to participate), and leave any comments below. Thanks!

Perdition - demon hunter rp set in an apocalyptic world

Spoiler:

Hellcaster - magus hunter rp set in an urban fantasy world

Spoiler:

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Going with hellcaster
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Thanks, Gedo. I think that was Spiriter's vote too.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Wait, will we get to be Casters?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:16 pm

Well yeah. That's the idea.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Well I was confused because it said Magus hunter. So I didn't know if we were hunting Casters or wut
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:30 pm

Casters hunting other casters. Like the Mages' Association's Enforcers.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 pm

o
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:21 am

I vote for perdition......

But, i don't mind joining hellcaster....

(Cause.... I already made a character in Perdition.......)
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 am

Well, this is Perdition 2.0. Since the original would be very close to my planned novel and Payne thinks that could be problematic...

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 am

How much more downtime will you need to get Hellcaster ready over perdition?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 am

Honestly, about the same amount. I do have a bit more to go on for Perdition though.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:43 am

Ok =O
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 pm

This is a bit pre-emptive, but here's my Hellcaster character idea

Caster
Spoiler:
Familiar
Spoiler:

Caster's powers will be water/ice with high versatility & technical control
Familiar will be physical juggernaut

The Caster is the daughter and only child of one of the more senior members on the London Council. She has some serious personality issues which would cause her to lose her heritage rights if not for the fact that she was skilled with magic, and the father was a widower who was too old to produce another child anyways.

This is where her familiar comes in. Her father made it clear from the beginning that her attitude wasn't fit for heading the family, and until she changed it he wouldn't pass down their reknowned familiar. While she would be the head in name, it would be clear to the magic-born society that she wasn't really. Well, she didn't really care, being a rebellious child. And her personality really was quite bad.

Naturally, she believed everything could be solved with money. Grabbing her 'meager' (relative) allowance, given by her stingy father, she went out to buy her own familiar. And it'd be better than her stupid father's! If it wasn't, then she'd make it!

Of course being a young girl had its problems. It wasn't that she was unsafe, at this point her magic really was fantastic; not through power but through versatility and a thoughtful mind. The problem... It was that... Well, rather than pick a familiar based on ability or strengths to complement her weaknesses, she just picked one that she found cute. A goat-boy around her age. Frail and weak-looking at a discounted price, didn't matter. She liked his green hair.

One might think a forbidden romance might arise from this situation. Her father certainly did. For a full day, he followed them around. ... It was quickly realized that that was, and would never be, the case. She really was earnestly training him to become stronger than their family's familiar. Whatever way possible. Nutrition, magic, and even some shady drugs. Who says money can't buy happiness and well-being? Dude got buff. And we're not talking greasy wrestler or bulky muscle-builder. We're talking a Greek Adonis. Of course she wasn't wrong in picking out the one she thought looked best! Hmph!

Naturally her personality rubbed off on him. She did kinda save him from probably death or abuse, so he couldn't hold anything she did to him against her. No matter how demoralizing or demeaning. Because, one magical night, the girl lent him out to one of her friends, and the buff goat boy became a buff goat man. He found the thing he enjoyed most in the world.

And the girl held him like a prized bull. 'He's the strongest! I've got the best looking familiar around! If you're looking for breeding, he can impregnate your familiar on the first night! If you're looking to make them subservient, he can do that too!'

What? No. Really. She really did hold him like a prized bull. It brought her father no end to his grief.

Annd...

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Lol. Sounds pretty true to form for you, Gedo. I like it.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Then it shall be done. =O

Now I only need fitting names.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:11 am

Just curious though, when you say animals, do you mean by realistic animals only or animals from mythologies are included?
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:13 am

She means realistic animals

But she's open to suggestions for the RP since it isn't written up yet. =O

Speaking of I was thinking that like some 30~40 years ago while they mages were still a secret one man, Ghat, tried to take over the world or something. Mages became public knowledge and they were prosecuted during that time period. However in the end, the one that stopped Ghat was a group of mages put together and coordinated by normal people.

There was only one survivor, but he put a stop to Ghat's plans. In recognition of this, London, who organized the team, became pro-casters. Casters flocked there and to the places where London could influence. However the oppression had left its mark, and a lot of the public still shunned the casters.

It is now present day, and although the oppression has weakened, it has left its mark. Casters scarred by tragedy show up, ruining the reputation others have built. Once more the hero of the past rose, but he was too old to do much. So he formed a group of casters to help. [That'd be us.]
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:33 am

Hmm, interesting.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:59 am

Upcoming Rps Poll 371e4516d3

That can be the hero/head of the organization. =O

[And muh char can be his char maybe]
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 pm

You really like that guy, don't you?

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:12 pm

I never got to use him except in an RP that died out really fast

Also since it's 30~40 years, magic and tech could be fused in London and a few other places

'Cause these aren't ****ty type-moon Magus who don't even know how to use a DVD player
Upcoming Rps Poll 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Lol. :P

Hmm... magic and tech world.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Plus you know his mustache is awesome.

Well it doesn't have to be too far advanced. It'd take ~10 years for the general stigma to wear off in London, as well as the Casters to accept to share their MOOGIC. Another 10 years for various products to be researched, and five years to reach the general public. So about 25 years. Some more important stuff will have magic, like Cars, security, police, but it won't be EVERYWHERE. No magical toilet-paper for you.

Also this works well for the whole 'nobility' dynamic. People who learned magic from sources outside Casters could be frowned upon by those who've learned magic from friends and family, and Casters in general could be annoyed that London has imposed human rights for Familiars or something. Or it could be switched around, and the populace could still hold antagonism towards Casters for treating familiars 'unfair.'

So I think that pretty much builds the world and sets up why there's casters that are being hunted down. =O
Plus with every Caster they chase down, they could have TRAGIC STORY. Should help from things getting repetitive.

Anything else relating to that topic, or otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Well, I'm actually starting to think of another story idea I'd had. It was sort of a similar world. You had the "normal" humans who had kind of a steampunk technology world who get conquered by a another race of "angelic" humans who have magic. Hence the magic vs technology aspect.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upcoming Rps Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Rps Poll   Upcoming Rps Poll Clock11

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Rps Poll
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Landfill :: RP-
Jump to: