Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Inception - Ace Job

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Trevor moved his fingers over each of the staircases again before sliding the paper back towards the center of the table. "Right. Well, if all goes as planned, we won't have a reason ta use the stairs anyway." He said. "And fallin into limbo isn't really a concern for either of us, seeing as we know it's there. The only issue would be if the Mark somehow manages ta fall over. Then we'd be rightly fucked, and John would have ta get the intel back in the first layer."

He gave Hunter a pat on the back and then turned back towards the bar. "Nice work, gov. How about you take a break though? You look like somethin the cat dragged in, and we can't have you burning out before the job."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Hunter sighed and bit his lip. He had hoped they would all just ignore it, but apparently that wasn't an option.

"Look, I appreciate the concern," he said, turning to face the other man. "But I'm fine. And I'd like to get this level done today so we can test it tomorrow."

Hoping to turn the conversation back to relevant matters - or even, if he was lucky, deflect it onto something else - Hunter turned back to his work and noted John's absence.

"John's not here. Is he gathering any details we haven't considered?"

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:35 pm

Trevor remained silent as he poured himself a drink at the bar, and he took a long sip of it before turning back in Hunter's direction.

"Don't take this the wrong way, gov. I like my team to be at their best while they work. Helps keep us all alive and breathin at the end of a job." He motioned towards the papers on the desk with his drink.

"You say you're good. I'll let it alone. Just wanted to be sure you've still got your feet on the ground."

He turned back to the couch and sat down, picking up his laptop from where he'd laid it on the table.

"John's watching the Mark. We've got five days left before I promised the Client we'd be done. That means he only has four at the most to setup for the grab."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Hunter said nothing at Trevor's words. He didn't see any reason in defending himself to the Extractor any further. When Trevor brought up John and the Mark, however, Hunter nodded slowly and turned back to his work.

"Right. Well, I'd better make sure I have this ready for him then."

The message was clear. The conversation was over.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Two days later...

"So, this is everything?" Trevor asked, leaning over the conference room table to sift through a stack of papers.

"Yeah." John responded, letting the chair he was sitting in recline slightly. "This is everything about the Mark's activities in the last four days."

"Any obvious points of extraction?" Trevor replied back, moving a few of the papers in his direction so he could better read them.

"Not unless you trust his one night stands to set him up and keep quiet for a cut of the money." John quipped back cheerfully.

Trevor frowned at that. "I'll take that as a no then."

"Trust issues?" John asked, looking amused.

Trevor's frown became worse, and he glared at John for a moment. "You know exactly how I fell about bringing non-professionals in on a job, gov."

John laughed at that, reclining a little further. "Well, he rarely sleeps alone. Actually, it seems like he rarely sleeps at all, considering the noises that the listening devices picked up well into the last couple of nights."

"He has to be sleeping it off sometime." Trevor responded thoughtfully. "Otherwise, he'd seem a lot more tired." He turned from the table to pace the floor a moment. "Are there any times when he's gone unaccounted for during your surveillance?"

"Nope." John responded with a smile. "However, there have been a few times when I've known where he is but been unable to figure out what he's doing through the white noise. It's consistent enough with a pattern of frequent napping, but I have no idea why he'd choose to do so with the TV on full blast."

"So, he could be napping, but we can't prove it then?" Trevor asked, shaking his head. "No, I don't trust that, gov. It's not a safe bet."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:49 pm

"Why don't we just get him out of a place where he has control to an environment we control?" Hunter said, standing up from his work station and inspecting the final touches on the second layout.

"Did something similar on a previous job," the Architect continued, packing up all his unneeded tools. "We use some excuse to get him out of his apartment - pest control, perhaps? - and into a hotel room we have monitored. A little free room service, a little something in his drink, and we have several uninterrupted hours to work."

Closing up his laptop, Hunter finally turned to face the other two, folding his arms and leaning back against his desk as he did so.

"Incidentally, this level is ready to go when you are," he added.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:50 pm

"That would be an excellent plan." John responded with a smile.

"If," He continued, letting the single word hang in the air for a moment. "He wasn't so prone to spending the night at a lady's place should that alternative present itself. Even if we kick him out of his place, there's no way we can be sure he'll actually stay where we put him."

Trevor groaned and flopped down in one of the empty chairs. "So, what your tryin ta tell us is that we have more control over him in his own environment, even though we have no control of him at all? That don't sit well with me, gov."

"I'm not particularly thrilled with the idea either." John responded grimly. "We need some way of controlling the environment, not of where he resides, but of somewhere he's in transit."

Trevor's eyes widened at that. "You want to grab the bloke in broad daylight?"

"Of course not!" John shot back, looking offended. "We'd do it at night, of course."

"That doesn't change the fact that we'd be making a grab on him." Trevor replied darkly.

"It wouldn't be that complicated if we do it right." John said defensively. "I'll have the bartender slip something into his drink for some cash under the table. Then, when he passes out, we'll take him into the back for a bit. A few of the night clubs he frequents have VIP lounges where people go to meet their dealers. We could just act like his buddies and say he's already wasted. When we're done with the dream, we just leave him on the couch, and when he comes around, he's none the wiser."

Trevor scratched his chin slowly, thinking it over for a moment. "That could work... What are the odds of him visiting one of the clubs with a VIP lounge in the next day or two?"

"Fairly high." John answered immediately.

"And you're sure you can pay off the bartender?" Trevor asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Either that, or I can pay off someone to distract him for a minute." John responded with a devious smile.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:37 pm

An excellent plan. IF.

Well, nothing like false praise before getting your idea shunted aside. Hunter rolled his eyes as the other two continued their conversation without him. Clearly, these arrangements weren't his concern.

Instead, he focused on getting the PASIV up and ready for exploration of the second layout. While the first was important, the second would be the clincher. If he bought the reality of the dream, he would practically gift wrap the information they needed.

"All set to go," Hunter said, laying down on one of the lawn chairs. "I'll see you down there."

Without waiting for the other two, the Architect slipped the needle into his arm with a wince before reality quickly dropped away.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:08 pm

"He's totally avoiding me." John said, looking over at where Hunter lay, passed out in the lawn chair.

"How can you be sure, mate?" Trevor quipped back as he moved to a vacant chair and picked up the PASIV line.

"Because he barely makes eye contact, and he won't speak directly to me with a sentence that's more than three words long." John responded, looking frustrated.

"Maybe he just doesn't want ta tell ya that you're a bad kisser." Trevor replied with a grin.

"I think we both know that isn't true." John winked at the other man and then slipped the needle into his own arm.

Trevor shook his head and leaned back into the lawn chair. "Egotistical bastard..."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Hunter adjusted his tie and inspected his suit. Sharp and professional. Perfect. He'd be able to sit in during the meeting without being noticed.

As he stood beside the conference room, waiting for the other two, he gazed down the hallway and watched as projections moved about their business, as though this were a functioning office.

It reminded him quite strongly of his office when he was working for the DoD. He could fondly remember bustling down the halls for meetings, typing away producing new programs and reports, a fresh cup of coffee placed on his desk with a wink and a bright smile from her...

Was it just an daydream, brought about by the sudden thought of her, or had he glimpsed her for a moment, disappearing around the corner?

He was exhausted and emotionally worn right now, sure, but that didn't mean his subconscious would start to invade the dreamspace... did it?

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:26 pm

"Right then. If John's done staring at the secretary's arse, let's get started, chaps." Trevor commented cheekily.

John turned his attention from the very attractive woman making coffee to Trevor. "They're my projections. I can stare at them if I feel like it."

Trevor rolled his eyes at that. "Remind me not to let you be the Subject from now on, gov." He nodded towards the woman, who was now leaving the conference room, her job complete. "That is not proper business attire."

"There's nothing wrong with the way she's dressed." John responded, looking offended.

"Aside from the fact that her stockings covered more than her skirt did?" Trevor shot back, raising a questioning eyebrow.

John just shrugged and turned to Hunter, who was sitting in the chair to his left. "So, how about giving us the tour?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Hunter jerked his head back toward the other two, having missed nearly all of their conversation. They were looking at him expectantly, no doubt to showcase the layout.

"Yeah... right," he said distractedly, looking about the conference room as he stood.

"Right, so this will be where the Mark enters to give his presentation," the Architect said, getting his mind back on track. "I'll be sitting in to listen with a tiny transmitter connected to Trevor."

He beckoned them to follow and led out into the hallway. No sign of her. That was a relief.

"So, down the hall is a small nook with chairs," he said, point it out. "Trevor will be posted there and be able to give me updates on the movement of the Mark before he enters, as well as the projections. In return, he should be able to listen in on what's happening."

Even though John would not be present on this level and he'd shown Trevor most of the layout, he decided to run through it again for familiarity's sake. After showcasing the upper floor and the shortcut staircase to the bottom floor, Hunter led them through some of the trap rooms on that level.

"Just remember to look at the ceiling, and it should show you the path back out of the maze," the Architect reminded them, leading them out of one of the rooms. As he stepped into the hallway, he froze at the sight of a pretty brunette, not too unlike the one John had masqueraded as, walking down the hallway toward one of the doors.

He knew that room. It was the one that seemed to have Trevor on edge - the one with the bottomless pit. The brunette crossed gracefully to the door, pausing for one moment to glance at Hunter, before throwing it open and plunging over the edge.

"NO!" he cried, racing toward the door. But it was too late. She'd already vanished from view.
And now projections were stopping all around, pausing to stare at the three men in the middle of the hallway, their expressions cold and merciless.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:07 pm

"Are we sure it's a good idea to put the Dreamer in the conference room where he can't get up and move out of sight at his liberty?" John asked as they made their way down the hall. He'd remained silent for the first part of the tour, but the question had been on his mind for a while.

"It should be okay." Trevor responded. "This level don't work proper like if the Mark realizes he's dreamin anyway. So, Hunter being in the same room with the bloke might be a good way to tell when we should cut to the backup plan."

John opened his mouth to respond, but before he could say anything, Hunter took off down the hall, yelling at the top of his lungs. His attention was immediately drawn to the Architect, and the person he was running towards, if only for a moment.

"Nothin to see here, chaps." Trevor called down the hall, clapping his hands a few times for attention. "Just an HR issue. Move it along and get back to pushin papers before I have you all written up."

The projections glanced at Hunter again and then began to move on with whatever they were working on while John made his way over to Hunter and put a hand on the Architect's shoulder, pulling him away from the open door. "I have a very well trained subconscious..." John said, steering Hunter in the direction of an empty office. "I've tested it very thoroughly, and it only reacts badly when I'm not the center of attention. So," He planted Hunter in one of the chairs by the desk and leaned back against the doorframe, blocking the other man's escape. "Explain to me why there's a Shade in the dream space, cause that sure as hell wasn't one of my projections."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Hunter allowed himself to be steered into the nearby office, barely aware of what was happening. When the door slammed shut and he found John staring down at him, he had to search to bring his thoughts to the present.

"I..."

It was going to be nearly impossible to get away with claiming everything was under control; clearly, it wasn't.

"I'm just tired and strained," he said at last, rubbing his forehead. "My guard was lowered and my subconscious had more leeway in penetrating my thoughts."

The rationalization wasn't doing him any favors in John's eyes, it seemed. Shaking his head, Hunter made to get up, but the memory of her plunging off the edge into oblivion made his legs go weak, making him merely jerk forward abruptly.

Deep breaths. That's what he needed. The moments ticked by, and he felt his emotions being reined in.

"My work is all finished," he said at last. "The layouts are done, and we just need to wait to get the Mark. I'll get some good rest and take it easy. It won't happen again."

This time he did stand up. And despite not being overly tall, he didn't seem at all diminished standing before John.

"We still have some time on the clock," the Architect said slowly, once more calm and professional. "Let's finish the layout."

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:59 pm

John remained in patient silence while Hunter tried to explain away the incident. What the Architect said made sense, but it also raised a few red flags about continuing to use the man for the job.

As Hunter got up and made towards the door, John raised a hand, planting a palm in the center of the other man's chest to keep him from leaving the office. "Sister or lover?"

Seeing the confusion on Hunter's face, John continued. "Excess adrenaline in the bloodstream leads to a jerk response in the moment and then a period of temporary weakness afterward. The release of that level of adrenaline is often tied to what we call the fight or flight response. Considering you ran towards the woman instead of away from her, she's not an enemy in your subconscious, and that implies she means something to you. So, was it your sister or your lover?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:44 am

Hunter stared coldly at John, feeling thoroughly weary of John's clinical invasions of his privacy.

"You're the psychoanalyst. You tell me," he retorted, making no move to step away from John's hand. But the idea of John making more unnecessary advances into his psyche was repulsive at best.

"Don't."

The Architect cut John off before he could start, rolling his eyes. Resigning himself to the inevitable, Hunter turned and walked back into the room, pacing agitatedly for a few moments before giving a large sigh.

"My fiancé," he murmured at last. "My... ex-fiancé."

It was still painful to say, just as much as the day she'd left. And he didn't want to look down that road... to start bringing back those memories to mind.

"Dreamshare... it's not the kind of business you do with attachments," Hunter sighed, giving a pained smile.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Don't.

John had already opened his mouth to respond when Hunter cut him off with the word. Looking slightly put off, John closed is mouth without letting his thought out.

The Architect's manner of speaking revealed more than his words did though. Clearly, this was a subject that agitated him, but it was information John needed to know if he was going to put his own life in Hunter's hands for this job.

"The nature of our business isn't something that dictates what attachments we're allowed to have." John finally responded after a long moment of silence. "If she was uncomfortable enough to leave because of how you chose to spend your time, then her attachment to you would have faded eventually anyway."

A gold pocket watch rolled across the back of John's knuckles, and he pressed the button on top, opening the face to look at the hands slowly ticking forward. "I know how difficult it can be to let go sometimes. Believe me, I do..." As if realizing for the first time that he was looking at the watch, he snapped it shut and stuffed it back into his pocket. "But, the company we keep, and even sometimes the company that keeps us helps shape our reality. If you can't forget, then don't try. The memories can help fuel you, but at some point, you do have to let go. Otherwise, you'll never be able to see what other things you might be missing."

John cleared his throat uncomfortably and reached for the doorknob to let himself out of the office. "Alright, awkward conversation over. Let's get on with the job, but before we actually make a grab on the Mark, I want you to get some real rest."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Hunter shot John a scathing look. It shouldn't surprise him, but it still came like a slap in the face to hear this man undermine the most meaningful relationship he'd ever had.

But his advice... he couldn't necessarily refute it. It was something he'd have to think about.

"Right," the Architect said, nodding slowly. He wasn't going to be a burden. Whatever he might feel about John and Trevor, they were his teammates.

As John reached for the doorknob, Hunter caught his arm.

"As long as you keep our relationship purely platonic," he added, smirking. "I think it'll be fine."

[OOC: Skip ahead whenever you want.]

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:15 pm

The following evening...

"The Mark has picked up the package."

John's voice came through the earbud that each of the team members was wearing. He took another long sip of whiskey from his glass and then sat it back on the bar, looking disinterested with his surroundings.

"Right then. Hunter, get the portable machine out of the van." Travis responed from where he was leaning against the back wall of the club. "How long did you say this stuff takes to work again, John?"

"He should start feeling it after the second or third sip, but it won't really kick in for about a minute after that. Considering his drinking history and constitution, he'll probably make a move for the bathroom when he starts feeling it." John responded before waving at the bartender to ask for another drink.

"Sounds good, gov. I've got an eye on him, and I'll make the grab when he moves."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:59 pm

"On it."

Hunter turned around from his seat in the van to grab the PASIV in the back and the other supplies they'd need.

With the arrangements already made, Hunter found one of the club employees there to meet him at the back door and slip him inside.

"Is the room all set up?" he asked briskly, eyes moving about their surroundings. The employee nodded and led him into the back room, where he quickly began to set up the PASIV and the chairs for the dream.

"All right, guys, I'm all set," Hunter reported, watching the door. They should be coming through with the Mark any minute.

There wasn't much time, but the Architect took a seat and took a moment to calm himself. He'd had a good rest since the dream yesterday, and he was finally feeling refreshed and alert... and like his old self.

"No issues here," he thought, glancing at the PASIV. "And as long as things go according to plan, we should be in and out with ease."

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:20 pm

"Gimme a hand with him, gov." Trevor grumbled, giving the dead weight of the Mark a light shake.

"Sure, sure." John replied, rolling his eyes as he grabbed the Mark's free arm and pulled it over his shoulder to suspend the man between Trevor and himself.

Between the two of them, they carried and/or dragged the Mark down the hallway to the room where Hunter was waiting. As the man dropped to the couch, John reached for a line to the PASIV machine and sat down in the corner of the room, leaning against the wall.

"Let's get this over with." He said, sliding the needle into his arm. "The sooner we're done, the sooner I can get another drink."

Trevor slipped a line into the Mark's wrist before signaling for Hunter to hit the button. "See you chaps inside then."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything moved and swayed as John brought a bottle of liquor to his lips, taking a long swig.

"Exactly how many drinks did you have before we grabbed him, gov?" Trevor quipped from his seat to John's left. "The way everythin keeps goin all blurry-like is givin me a bloody headache."

"It adds to the atmosphere." John responded, taking another long sip of liquor. "And I have to admit, our Mark has good taste. Toga parties are a classic."

"Bloody hell... This takes drinking on the job to a whole new level." Trevor grumbled, blinking a few times in another futile attempt to make the girls dancing in the middle of the room stop doubling in his vision.

"Just relax and let me do my job. If you'd rather not be in the action, you can wait in the room upstairs." John responded, keeping his eyes on the Mark, who was moving about the center of the room.

"I'll stay, but let's get on with it..." Trevor said, looking annoyed.

"No hurry... I've only had minimal presence in his night life because I didn't want him to recognize me. So, I'll need to watch him for a few minutes to get a feel for what kind of bait we need."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Hunter staggered slightly down the hallway, cursing John from bringing them under in his inebriated state. Things were reeling under foot in ways he had never experienced - though he had to assume that the Mark, at least, had and would not noticed the difference.

Steadying himself by sense of touch with his hand against the wall, he made his way to the back room upstairs. The door was locked, but he easily fixed that with the key in his pocket and let himself in.

"I'm in place," he told the other two, heading over to the closet to watch the monitors. Trevor would join him as soon as John made contact, and then it was a waiting game.

Hunter lowered the hatch to the attic space above for them to wait until the Mark was under, then sat on the bed to wait.

After a moment, it made him feel dirty just by association, so he quickly stood and began to pace, hoping all would go smoothly.

--------------------

"Good scene," Ned thought, eyeing a girl across the room. They locked eyes and he raised his glass in a salute to her before downing it, his gaze never straying from hers.

Oh, that always worked. He bet she was already stirring beneath that coquettish look, waiting to be taken. He'd be happy to oblige.

After all, he deserved this. He'd been hard at work, schmoozing to the upper ranks and developing that new ad idea. This would be his big break, finally get him to the elite class. He'd be riding in style for the rest of his days, if all went well.

Filling up his glass again, Ned got up from his seat, swaggering slowly toward his intended conquest, smiling his most dashing smile.

[OOC: Payne, you'll have to move to intercept him.]

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:17 pm

The salute. He'd decided on a target then. John followed the Mark's gaze to the barbie doll blonde on the dance floor. That was his competition? Please...

He tipped back the bottle in his hand and drained the rest of it before getting up from his seat. Trevor turned to say something, but had to do a double take. John was nowhere to be seen, but it was obvious where he'd gone.

A lithe woman made her way across the room, drawing the attention of several male projections as she moved. A curtain of raven black hair fell to the small of her back, and a single blue highlight ran the length of the strands on the right side, giving her an artistic flare. She wasn't as well endowed as some of the other women in the room, but something about her demanded attention. The air around her seemed regal, despite the fact she was wearing only a toga made of a bed sheet. It was almost as if she were a queen sauntering through a tide of her unruly subjects.

She passed right in front of Ned as he made his way onto the floor, her hair barely brushing over his arm, which was holding his glass in front of him, drawing it aside enough for him to see the look on her face, something between a pout and annoyance. Completely ignoring the fact that she'd brushed up against him, she moved to the table against the wall and scooped up a mojito, which she took a long sip of.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:50 pm

"Dammit," Hunter grimaced, watching through the monitors as the Mark spotted a target and made his way toward her. That wouldn't do them any good.

"John, he's making a move," he warned through the com. Hoping the Forger could intercept the Mark first, he watched in anticipation as John made a move, quickly catching the Mark's eye.

"Do you have to play hard to get?" Hunter sighed, shaking his head. Well, as long as the Forger pulled it off, he couldn't complain about the methods.

"Trevor, you want to start up here then?" he asked, switching over to the Extractor.

--------------------

Ned's stride was cut off by a striking, raven-haired woman, who seemed to barely give him any notice. The Mark paused, his gaze sidetracked unexpectedly to the slowly swaying figure of the parting woman. He happened a glance at the blonde, who was looking disappointed and diverting her attention elsewhere.

No matter. He was already moving toward the wall, watching as the throat of the woman bobbed seductively as she drained her mojito.

"Hello there," Ned purred, moving in close. "I don't think I've seen you before. Maybe a name would ring a bell?"

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Trevor shook his head as the Mark turned to follow John across the room. The man was truly something else... "Yeah, I'm on my way up now, gov." He responded back to Hunter through his earpiece before breaking away from the crowd and moving towards the stairs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The woman turned an annoyed glance in Ned's direction, allowing her eyes to travel up and down him once before she tipped back her mojito again, draining the remainder of it. "I don't care about bells." She responded to him, sitting her empty glass on the table and reaching for another. "Such things are for musicians, which I am not."

She tipped back the new mojito, draining its contents in a series of silent gulps. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got the remainder of my ruined evening to drink away." The woman handed Ned the empty mojito glass, looking less angry and more distressed now. She turned back towards the stairs and started making her way across the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Ace Job   Inception - Ace Job - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Inception - Ace Job
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: IC Section-
Jump to: