Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Strategic Council

Go down 
+2
Dannytheman1
Prisma*Illya
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:43 am

Strategic Council

Hello, fellow RPB members! As you read in my announcement, this strategy thread is for coming up with ideas to increase our traffic and member base. All members are welcome to give their input, and all suggestions will be given thought.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:43 am

Personally, I can see this as a circular problem. It's hard to get new people interested in coming if we don't have a lot going on, particularly fresh rps. However, we can't get rps up and running without a sufficient member base to pump into them. I think if we have at least one open rp for members to be able to jump into, we at least have a springboard to work with. That said, Leiv's and my rps are not good options. Mine generally don't accept people once they've started and are fairly small in participation. Leiv's would be fine, but his very infrequent updates would get new members without much investment bored too easily.

Jorg has a new rp idea up that he would like to start, but we need members to get it going. If you are interested, you should go see that. If not, tell us how it can be improved to get a lot of people interested.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Contribute, dammit! >:0

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Well, I mean I could probably ask people on campus or something if they want to join.  It's kind of hard to ask people randomly if they want to rp on a forum though lol.  It's not a common thing that many people do I guess :/

Well ya, it would help if we created smaller scale and shorter rps because the idea of getting caught up in a larger rp can be overwhelming for some people since they basically are scheduled to it for a long time.  Given once they get used to the concept they'll be willing to be able to invest more time but I feel that the reason a lot of people drop out is because eventually something happens and it becomes too much of a hassle for them to continue the rp so they either have to force their way through which isn't fun or drop out which... isn't fun either.

A good way to encourage this would be a thread that specifically focused in developing these shorter rps and getting them start up but I feel like the problem with that is very similar to what happened with the rp hotel.  It's a good concept on paper, but people eventually don't feel very motivated to comment or post for some reason and the thread ends up dying which defeats the purpose of the thread to begin with.

Another idea would be if someone could create a different kind of rp?  Sort of like where a writer writes a story and then it's interactive with the people who read it that way people can get into an rping mood with investing much time at all into anything.

So... like they'll write say about a murder case and the protagonist's actions will be controlled by the readers choices and decisions which builds affinity with various other characters and influences different dialog and maybe even endings if the writer is willing.

This would be perfect for rpers like ghosty who can create novels with their posts... I think.

Just some thoughts... sorry if it's kind of all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 am

Do basically... one of those "choose your own adventure" novels? Strategic Council  2332200876 I rather liked those, but the problem is to make them have a point, you have to have a variety of decisions, which means a whole lot of extra work planning out multiple eventualities. Cause if all roads lead to the same place, you might as well not bother with the illusion of choice.

That said... it's still not really rping.

To me, the problem doesn't seem to be commitment. It seems to be motivation. With the exception of Gedo, Jorg, Payne, Noin, and myself, everyone else on here seems half dead the majority of the time. They don't even seem to care that Leiv takes a week or two to update. It's like they're relieved that they have more time to not bother.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:35 am

Well.... I am always looking for an RP to join.... Strategic Council  621929346 (currently waiting for GG to be finished...)

And at the moment the only RP that i can actually be active is Leiv's Strategic Council  4134108735

Jorg's and darkest's look interesting, but I don't like RP with 'stats' or any number that represents strengths of the characters.

I prefer 'how' and 'why' skills of character is used. Or how they could improve...

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:08 am

Well, if you have suggestions for improvement, then definitely give them. :0

Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:44 pm

My uni has some groups I'm joining that might have people interested, so I'll ask them some time in the next two to three weeks.

Otherwise danny is right in that shorter RPs is a good idea. I know that he's asked me about running the one I set up so if anyone else is interested do poke me.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:53 pm

Okay. :0

Shorter... Hmm, that's tricky, but doable.

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:49 pm

What about that RP idea Nex put up and never updated?
Back to top Go down

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:52 pm

If I ever get around to it, I'll see if another RP site lets me link to other RP sites for RPs

Dear lord the overall quality of members is worse than AF though.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:58 pm

Well the guys we have now are all good honestly. If Anarchy was going at full steam that would be more obvious.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:31 pm

We don't need worse quality... >.>

The problem is activity more than numbers, though numbers do help with that.

Well, that's why we're trying to give you Anarchy people more options for when you're waiting.

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:40 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
We don't need worse quality... >.>

The problem is activity more than numbers, though numbers do help with that.

Well, that's why we're trying to give you Anarchy people more options for when you're waiting.

True, I do tend to get bored a lot. I even contemplated finally putting a story of mine on paper. The tests threw that out the window though.

and as for that, yea worse quality would have all the GMs pulling out hairs.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:15 am

I loved the RP-Hotel and still do.
For that last one at there, I got the whole Zombie Apocalypse Dead Rising Evil Island down in my head. It's not about motivation for me, its all about time management. And for the past few months it has been hellctic >__>

Shout out to Danny for the recommendations : Thanks Bro Strategic Council  29879966
Short RP's could be a thing but usually they tend to be on the point... well the point being is that if it's meant to be short then (in my opinion) it's meant to be fun.. big laugh out loud rolling on the floor fun.

If its a serious type then.. well everyone has their own tastes so I can't really say that a short serious type won't bring long term interest.

But if we are to create these RP's as a filler for the main one's that people be waiting on.. then a less formal type should be the choice to drop into and RP.

I think the Saint's row series is a good example (not that I have played them but on a glance it's what that looks to me) A crazy stupid fun game with a equally involving story plot that is fun to play instead of skipping it and simply going crazy on the populace with wacky weaponry.

That's all I got for now. Laterz Strategic Council  3680231627
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:47 am

Hmm... well, thanks for the input.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:42 am

Since I'm here I figured I'd add a bit more input in response to your post to mine Prisma :0

Ya, I forgot about those choose your own adventure novels.... when you put it like that it doesn't seem as good of an idea lol.

I also agree with the part about where people don't mind the long gaps of posting because they don't have to bother. When I think back to the earlier times in the rps, (Aera for Genesis and Sain for Anarchy) I remember really enjoying writing posts for them... it wasn't until I took on the role of Daemond (Genesis) and Jerrod (Anarchy) that I remember the quality and ease going down.

So, that's what I'm trying to focus on... However, looking back on the rphotel (in reference to ghosty's post), I feel like the reason it didn't stay afloat was because it didn't have that hook appeal that many rps do, so I don't feel like that's a good answer more of just a side thing for people who want to do something besides current rp they're in.

I feel like the divide between AF and rpbastion is where a lot of the damage comes from involving Anarchy rpers though, and with how slow Anarchy is it's not exactly a great hook to keep them here.

Those are just my thoughts currently; I'll get back to you when I can think of something more specific.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 am

I do agree that dual membership is problematic for Anarchy.

Fortunately, my Inception idea seems to have had a nice boost in activity.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Ya, I noticed it was doing pretty well after I wrote that so that's a big plus :0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strategic Council  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategic Council    Strategic Council  Clock11

Back to top Go down

Strategic Council
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Questions, Suggestions, and Feedback-
Jump to: