Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games OOC X

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:53 pm

If his adrenaline is worked torwards getting more knowledge, does he get more knowledge? Like suddenly knowing how to make a pizza or understand physics?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I get what you're trying to do in theory, but it just doesn't work out in practice...

Oh yeah, so did you want to hear my idea now?

everything works so long as you say it works lol

it's a bull**** ability that everyone think is stupid for how weak it is and at the same time being so dangerous

yeah sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
...... The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 2332200876

I think you need to rework the concept from scratch to a more practical level.

what you mean by practical?

Gedomaru wrote:
If his adrenaline is worked torwards getting more knowledge, does he get more knowledge? Like suddenly knowing how to make a pizza or understand physics?

huh, yes in a vanque yes. however the ability efficiency is still dependent on its user and his user has a problem with feeling interest in things other than combat. also allot of rage.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:59 pm

No, it really doesn't. The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 2332200876 It may "work" in your universe, but it doesn't "work" as a narrative mechanic, meaning it's going to be difficult or near impossible to write out a workable plot with that kind of ability.

Practical, as in a way that A) allows the story to progress in a reasonable way, and B) readers can understand. If you make a main character whose power is omnipotence - well geez, nowhere to go from there, is there? There's no element of threat or anything cause you know that no obstacle will pose a challenge.

So, if you want your character to use telekinesis, limit it to macroscopic things, and even then place a mental strain relative to the size of the object. Otherwise, a protagonist that can levitate a skyscraper with no penalty isn't going to be very engaging. Too powerful is much worse than not powerful enough.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:03 pm

what? it's not a visual novel where you have bad end, in a narrative of a story without multiples branches it doesn't matter how many obsticles you throw in from of the main character people will already expect that character to win.

not only that majoraty of the time he actually loses against his obsticles
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:08 pm

No, they don't. Not necessarily. And not without some difficulty or cost. But if your main character can lose half their head and regenerate.... loss doesn't even really mean anything.

I like conceptual abilities, but you can't use ones that are so open-ended. Something like "I can surpass anything" is just over-the-top. Surpassing your own limits is workable, if you still make that within human reason. Using "110%" of your natural strength is feasible; hell, there's stories of mother's lifting cars off their kids because of adrenaline. But regenerating lost limits is not surpassing a human limit. That's just becoming inhuman.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
No, they don't. Not necessarily. And not without some difficulty or cost. But if your main character can lose half their head and regenerate.... loss doesn't even really mean anything.

I like conceptual abilities, but you can't use ones that are so open-ended. Something like "I can surpass anything" is just over-the-top. Surpassing your own limits is workable, if you still make that within human reason. Using "110%" of your natural strength is feasible; hell, there's stories of mother's lifting cars off their kids because of adrenaline. But regenerating lost limits is not surpassing a human limit. That's just becoming inhuman.

oh dont worry, his whole story isnt about his physical loss, it's about his emotional loss. you see while he is virtually unkillable in the right conditions, that doesnt apply to those he cares.

funny you say that, since he's actually in the category called inhuman
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Well, that's good. Emotional loss is usually more effective than physical. And no matter how powerful you are, that doesn't mean those you love are likewise untouchable. But still, that doesn't entirely solve the problem.

But he is a human, right? Why would a human be classified as inhuman? There's just too many holes here...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well, that's good. Emotional loss is usually more effective than physical. And no matter how powerful you are, that doesn't mean those you love are likewise untouchable. But still, that doesn't entirely solve the problem.

But he is a human, right? Why would a human be classified as inhuman? There's just too many holes here...

well first he loses his home, then his best friend, then his love and then everyone he once called comrades

he was human and then became inhuman once he gainned his ability

inhuman in my world simply means a human with some nonhuman aspect. abilities, magic, etc... all qualify as those aspects
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Why? Were they being targeted because of him? Are they just collateral damage?

How did he gain this ability?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Why? Were they being targeted because of him? Are they just collateral damage?

How did he gain this ability?

his home because it betrayed him. his best friend because he had to kill her to move forward, his 'love' because she is a supernatural existance and that made her a target for research, and his comrades because they betrayed him right at the start and he needs them gone to make sure he and nobody else he cares for gets targeted again.

well innitially he is granted an endurance ability in a test facility, where they are testing to make super soldiers, where his endurance is simply above human possibility. However an accident happens where he dies. but an error happens and he doesnt. this puts him in between supernatural conflicts, because he should have died, but didnt. He is saved by an elemental that on a whim unlocks his ability to it's fullest and making him an inhuman and no longer a target. however this makes him now a target of an organization that target inhumans. While all this is happening, the test facility in which he is enlisted discovers this a betrays him hopping to gain knowledge from his body and his elemental. and the story goes on
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Yeah... sorry, I didn't really grasp that too well.

Also, you still haven't asked about my new idea. :/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:43 pm

i did ask, i'm still waiting for you to say anything
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Oh lol. Well, it's still patchy and incomplete, but here's what I have so far.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:07 pm

(see's nothing)
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Hunter Emerick is a senior in high school, talented and destined for success. But his combination of looks and brains has made him a source of envy and disdain among his peers and teachers, rather than popularity, at his school. However, one particular young and attractive teacher of psychology at the school, Elisa Addison, has always seemed to take very well to him and nurture his talents.

Feeling that his many talents and interests are an obstacle in deciding what to do after his upcoming graduation, he goes after school to Elisa's class to talk to her about it. In doing so, he stumbles across a redhaired girl about his own age trying to attack Elisa and kill her. Hunter tries to stop the attacker, but proves to be no match for her seemingly inhuman abilities. But the distraction is enough for Elisa to draw a strange sigil on the blackboard and chant, expelling the attacker from the room. Hunter is confused, understandably, but Elisa explains that more will probably come, and they need to get back to her place.

They go to Elisa's apartment, which is covered in protective symbols. She explains to Hunter that for some time she has been part of a group experimenting with contacting beings beyond our realm. They succeeded in reaching an angel and learned much about the worlds beyond ours.

Hunter, who has shared his interest in the occult and many types of lore, is fascinated by all this. That is, however, mingled with a feeling of betrayal that his teacher - and perhaps, his only friend - is not who he thought she was. Elisa insists that she's still the same person; furthermore, she wants Hunter to join her group in order to protect him from what's going to come. Hunter doesn't understand, but Elisa insists that it's too dangerous to tell him anything unless she can be sure he's safe.

Confused and unable to think clearly, Hunter decides to leave. On his way home, he's ambushed by the same young woman from before, who reveals herself to be an angel named Adinah. Adinah demands to know what Hunter found out from Elisa, and he tells her. Adinah explains that there's more to it than that. Elisa's group, a coven, discovered from their contact something called The Metatron, the account of the creation of the world and all of history. Not only does it detail the way God created the world, but exactly how to do it. With access to it, they can recreate the world in their image, with all the power of God. For all intents and purposes, they will be God.

Hunter doesn't see what the problem is, as the Metatron is up in Heaven. Adinah regretfully informs him that the angel contacted by Elisa's coven went rogue and stole the Metatron from Heaven, bringing it down to this city. However, something went wrong during his fall, and the angel lost the Metatron in the city. Now the angels and demons are scrambling to get their hands on it so that they can become the new God and recreate the world. The catch is that it is supposedly in a script that only angels and demons can understand; however, only those in God's image (that is, those with souls, ie humans) can actually use it. So the angels and demons need to find willing humans who share their ideals, acting as their "Patron," to cooperate in finding the Metatron and using it.

While originally the angels started off unified, the loss of the Metatron and God's presence begins to corrupt them so that they begin to split off. Some think it should be used to remove free will as the source of evil in the world. Others think it should be used to erase the concept of hell and the demons. Etc. Adinah herself wants to recover it and safeguard it from use, and thinks the easiest way of getting to it will be through Elisa. Since Hunter is her best tool to do that, she recruits him to her cause and acts as his Patron.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 pm

this seems more of a story for a book than an actual rp
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:21 pm

It is a story for a book. I told you I didn't think it would work for an rp.

Anyway, that's the most solid part I have so far. I do want to end up revealing that Elisa's goal for the tablet is to create a world of strife and hardship, believing that humanity has become stagnant and corrupt from a life of ease. She thinks that she and Hunter are an example of that - both had difficult lives (Hunter's backstory will get revealed later), and that instead of bettering themselves, people just resent their talents and abilities. She was idealistic in thinking that as a teacher she could mold the future minds of the world, but instead realized that her time was wasted on people who merely existed like animals - reproducing and dieing with no impact. When times were difficult, people Hunter's age were treated as adults and capable of shaping society.

But Adinah reveals that Elisa's goal is far less noble. In reality, Elisa is really just upset because she wants something she can't have - namely, Hunter. And she just wants a world where she can feel justified in loving and desiring him.

Also, I originally planned for The Metatron to just be a tablet, but now I'm thinking of revealing it as an actual being, though everyone thinks it's just an object until that point.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 pm

posted. : o
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Thanks. :0

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:28 pm

when all else fails, knock on the front door. The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 3680231627
(they'll never expect that)
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Lol. I was hoping you would do that. Works in well for the post I had planned.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:32 pm

D:

my unexpectedness was anticipated?

curses...
I'll have to slack off even more to make it more random.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Lol. Well, the most efficient way is to just go knocking.

By the way, what do you think of my story idea? :0 It's sort of like Sortilege in concept, but more angels and demons. Ugh, I wish it wasn't so easy for me to come up with ideas sometimes. I don't have enough time to work on them all!

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:36 pm

I honestly didn't read it. DX
only been home for long enough to write my post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC X   The Grail Games OOC X - Page 26 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games OOC X
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next