Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games OOC III

Go down 
+3
Payne
Prisma*Illya
RyubosJ
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 4:14 pm

What, you've never played Final Fantasy X?
Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Yes, recently our dog has passed away, and I've been trying to cope with it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Nope. The only one I ever played was XII.

Oh, that's too bad.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 4:32 pm

That's one way to put it I guess.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 pm

I mean, losing a pet is upsetting, but I don't see any point in getting depressed over it.

Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Well, he's been apart of my life since I can remember. That's a long time, he went slowly which was heartwrenching to watch.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 4:55 pm

I get that it's upsetting. I mean, I cried when my fish died, and I was like 22. I'd had her for like three years, and she'd been with me for most of my years of college and traveled with me to different states when I was on my co-ops. I mean she was like my only companion during those college years that were very tough on me. And it hurt to walk past the place where her bowl would sit for months after. But it never stopped me from keeping up with everything. If anything, maintaining my normal routine always seems helpful when I'm upset, since it helps keep a sense of consistency and order. Shutting everything down doesn't help anything.

Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 5:04 pm

It helps for me. Glad you're sympathetic at least.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 5:18 pm

No, it doesn't. It doesn't help anyone. Trust me, I have someone on the other side of the wall from me with that mentality, and all it accomplishes is to draw out the misery until you decide to move past it.

Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 5:32 pm

You know, normally I would argue how it does help me. I just don't feel like it. I'm gonna finish my post then go.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:02 pm

There's no argument you could give toward it. It's understandable not to feel up to certain things. If you can't get the creativity going, don't post. If you can't muster the energy to be social, then don't go out partying. But don't just shut down completely and mope. That accomplishes nothing. Exercise to get endorphins up or something.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Welp I didn't get my 500 battle BTs, but Fayt is 3x the level of my other party members...
Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:31 pm

There is, but we'll just argue about it, when really you just can't categorize how someone deals with tragedy, so I'm just going to skip it all by leaving since I posted. See you tomorrow or something.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm starting to feel like replaying SO3, actually... but I don't want to level-grinddddddd. DX

There isn't. You're just being emotional at the expense of being logical, but that seems to be the default mode for post people, unfortunately. Bye.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:36 pm

I swear Luther plays too much ****ing pokemon. If I find one more treasure chest with berries inside...

And you don't really have to grind that much, unless it's the bonus content. I really feel horrible every single time that shattering window sound goes and my bonus gauge is broken. The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 2416964522
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Ah yes, the berries. Darn them.

I feel like you do... Especially to beat Berial and Belzeber at Sphere. It took me forever to grind up enough to beat them. For the most part, up until that point, playing as normal keeps you at a fairly consistent level to difficulty ratio. I think Moon Base required quite a bit of grinding as well to deal with that Proclaimer boss.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:42 pm

You can delete the universe, just as long as you delete the berries too. The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 2294963316

Just remove your other characters and level up the one guy you usually play as. That's where most of the damage comes from, lol.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Lol. XD Well, the Magical Berries are useful, at least. I'm apparently stingy as hell even in fictitious worlds, cause in nearly every video game I never use items in my stock.

That's... well, that's sort of valid. But I like to be able to switch party members as they die off in battle (boss battles anyway), so having a rounded party is beneficial to me.

Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I'm starting to feel like replaying SO3, actually... but I don't want to level-grinddddddd. DX

There isn't. You're just being emotional at the expense of being logical, but that seems to be the default mode for post people, unfortunately. Bye.

I was just going to leave, but honestly I am sick of you trying to get the last word. You have no idea how I shut down to deal with it. You just want to be right in an argument that I didn't even want to have. I appreciate the sympathies, and everything, but when it comes to an area that deals with feelings, and experience there are too many variables for you to even assume you know what is best for that person. Seriously, assumption is the worst thing for anything having to do with psychology.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Ditto.

And you know, nothing else in the game says '**** you' quite like having your Bonus Gauge break from an attack that doesn't make you flinch... and does 0 damage.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 7:09 pm

It has nothing to do with getting the last word, and I'm not assuming. I'm based on having the frustrating task of dealing with people, particularly family, who think they're coping with situations by shutting down and moping. The thing is, it's obvious to everyone but the person currently blinded by emotion that it doesn't help anything. Even the people who are moping know it and inadvertently admit it sometimes, but they just can't be bothered to override their feelings.

Oh yeah, that used to piss me off when I was grinding and had the x10 experience gauge, and it would break senselessly. You can't even restart to get it back, since turning off the game gets rid of the gauge.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Breaks if the character you're controlling dies...

Or more commonly, whenever an enemy lands a critical on you.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Well, it was always the critical hit thing, not the dying for me (at least during grinding). But the damage (even if it was a critical), was never usually anything big. Sometimes, it wouldn't even deal damage, and I'd stilllose it. So frustrating.

Btw, which character usually saves you at the Airyglyph fort from the Vendeeni? I got Albel the first time, but Nel every time after that.

Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
It has nothing to do with getting the last word, and I'm not assuming. I'm based on having the frustrating task of dealing with people, particularly family, who think they're coping with situations by shutting down and moping. The thing is, it's obvious to everyone but the person currently blinded by emotion that it doesn't help anything. Even the people who are moping know it and inadvertently admit it sometimes, but they just can't be bothered to override their feelings.

Oh yeah, that used to piss me off when I was grinding and had the x10 experience gauge, and it would break senselessly. You can't even restart to get it back, since turning off the game gets rid of the gauge.

That is family, you know family. Tell me how well do you know me? Like a brother, sister, or a cousin? You've been there to experience what they went through or know enough to piece it together. What have I given you to piece it together? That I've known him for a long time, and that he went slowly. What it doesn't tell you is the amount of times we rode in the car together past the horse enclosure by our home, and how excited he would be. Or how I took that memory, "shut down" with it, laughed at it again, and moved on to another one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11Sat May 17, 2014 7:32 pm

I usally go for Albel, since he's the only one I really like using out of the optional characters.

What time do you want to watch IT tonight, if you do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC III   The Grail Games OOC III - Page 30 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games OOC III
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next